Forum

Skylanders: Battlecast

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Cards translated in other languages
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#1 Posted: 05:12:07 23/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Hi guys. So when I opened my Superchargers packs back in 2015, they contained 2 Battlecast packs, each containing Spitfire and Stealth Elf but one set is written in English, the other set in French. I was wondering if other people around the world got cards translated in a different language than English?

There is a chance that the area where I live will only sell the cards in French, which is not an issue for me, but I was wondering if it would be an issue when it comes to trading with people in other countries. As someone who lives in USA (or any English country) and first language is English, would you accept or refuse to trade with somone if the card(s) you would get were written in French or a different language?
---
bye
spyro fan 8 Ripto Gems: 2948
#2 Posted: 05:43:07 23/05/2016
That's really odd. Mine were both in English. I would trade, provided they work the same (are the cards region locked?). I always liked having different languages on Pokemon cards as a kid.
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#3 Posted: 06:52:17 23/05/2016
I know you can order the ones in French from Toys R Us Canada. I was debating getting a few packs just for fun.

Given the game is in different languages (I know for folks in Sweden its in Swedish, all the virtual cards and game play), I wonder how many other languages these cards will have.

When Topps cards were made, there was English, Spanish, French, and German at a minimum. Might be more.

To be frankly honest, I would not trade for a different language card, it would not be the same to me, I want a complete 100% english set. However, I would trade virtually as it does not matter what language the card is to scan it.

Surprised they made more than one language of this set.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#4 Posted: 09:29:44 23/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: lamoracke
I know you can order the ones in French from Toys R Us Canada.

Oh good to know, I'll probably only purchase the english ones then. I hope both versions will be available in store and not only on the website. In my case, having a french version of the cards most likely has something to do with this.
---
bye
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#5 Posted: 10:40:43 23/05/2016
I remember opening Cards to Life in PT and though the UI was translated the cards were not, but I guess that's changed.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me