Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Am I the only one...
sapphire Emerald Sparx Gems: 4822
#1 Posted: 18:12:47 18/05/2016 | Topic Creator
That misses the Legend of Spyro franchise? I mean sure, people used to give the game a hard time but let's be honest here, it was more of spyro game then the actual Skylanders franchise is. Plus it's hardly even about Spyro anymore. Am I alone in this?
---
Trust your instincts. ~Caithe
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 18:21:59 18/05/2016
I thought of several responses but I'll keep it simple; I moved on. It's been 8 years. Seeing Jared Pullen talk about his contributions to it is the best that's happened in the community, everything else is wallowing in the past and bickering. I'd rather have some Spyro(and Cynder and Malefor +250 other furries and assorted humanoids) right now than something that isn't relevant and had all the discussions it could possibly have after so long.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:23:17 18/05/2016 by Bifrost
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#3 Posted: 01:11:45 19/05/2016
The Legend of Spyro franchise had a decent concept, but executed it horribly (For the most part). As it's own thing it can be a appreciated. But it's not like a classic Spyro game. If anything was close to a classic Spyro esque gameplay, I would believe that would be Skylanders in my opinion.

And pretty much what Bifrost said. Although I would like a return to the classic games, but I think we all know that's not really gonna happen anytime soon. Might as well take inspiration from the classics and do your own things I guess.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#4 Posted: 02:02:46 19/05/2016
Huh, I do miss it actually.
I miss both the Legend series and the Original series.
And seeing the new Skylanders games just makes me miss them even more.
... But what can we do? I think they are all over now and we probably won't see a return to either.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
LoneWolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1674
#5 Posted: 03:17:30 05/07/2016
Yeah i do but im sure everyone does thats ever played a spyro game i always hoping they make another hit maybe thell make a new game i hope smilie
---
"Danta i summon you"
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#6 Posted: 03:30:16 05/07/2016
I for one miss the semi-open landscapes and the (mostly) free flying of DotD (one of the instances where I've really liked sixaxis controls). And to a lesser degree tag-teaming and multiple breath types, since switching figures and elements serve a similar function in Skylanders.

Haven't played the first 2 of the Legend trilogy (don't have a compatible console), so can't say anything about those.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#7 Posted: 15:58:16 05/07/2016
The Legend of Spyro series is a series I genuinely completely dislike, I won't get into it, but it's one of the few video games that makes me completely, actually angry.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me