Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Gun Powder and Steel (steampunk fantasy rp, any race some to be talked over PM)
Page 1 of 1
Gun Powder and Steel (steampunk fantasy rp, any race some to be talked over PM) [CLOSED]
jokerstix66 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1413
#1 Posted: 15:14:47 12/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Welcome, to Deruth... a world mixed with untamed wilds, dry desserts, industrial society, and crystals, that have enough energy to both bring society to a shining example of what sentient kind can accomplish, or destroy everything in their wake... even souls do not survive. but here we are, ALIVE! but the world is in need, in need of a special kind of person. its dangerous and costly to send your average soldier to get these crystals so companies and countries alike hire man a mercenary, dubbed Powermen, these people get payed to risk their lives to go after these crystals. Why? one might ask, why cant just any person go out and get these? well, thats hard to answer, it could be that they twist the very land around them to defend themselves, it could be that an entire cult has been made in their worship and will defend these crystals with their lives, as their bodies are slowly changed to better defend them their minds slowly going away and their soul slowly being pulled in. every race from the elves to the dwarves, the orcs, to humans, are after these crystals. they even started building strange new war machines in the shape of the long dead Dragons to get them. these deadly and sentient machines can ravage any Powermen Warband who go against them, that is if the warband isnt smart or strong enough to combat one!

THIS RP will be very open world, because of this id like the players involved to come together in one place called the hub, its basically the building where most powermen get asignments, every powerman belongs to a guild, because the guild gives them the equipment necesary to do their job, and for only a small percentage of every job. every player has the option to do whatever they want.

WARBANDS, essentially, these are the groups within a guild, their teams, often teams will come together because some crystals are more dangerous than others to acquire. these generally consist of a group of people, from 2 people to 5. players can come together with these warbands and can be together in a warband these Warbands are named and often consist of well trained individuals.

character sheet and rules

Name:
Specialty or class:
Magic specialization if any:
Warband:
Bio:

Rules:
player killing is allowed, however you must talk to them about it, and I dont want to hear complaints, and CONSENT IN NECESSARY

combat: when players fight and if I dont see an end, I will role a dice, depending on this role, one of the players attacks connect.

NO Mary or gary sues, i will reject a character where I see them being way to powerful to exist in this world,

MAGIC: Specialzation is not required, however, magic is not infinite, any one person has a limit for how much they can use in one go, a fire ball, is like jogging you can do that for a long while, but a fire storm is a sprint, dont expect to do that for very long.

Restricted races: Dragons, Why? because you then need a pilot yes, dragon warmachines need a pilot, you can BE a pilot, you cannot be the dragons.

THAT IS ALL I will make new rules as things go by, I will make a character eventually, but only after I test the waters a bit for this RP.
---
Everyone should go check out Aether :city in teh sky. its an awesome roleplay and will hep my friend finish his book.
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#2 Posted: 19:30:13 17/05/2016
OOC: You know, I remember one RP where I had a character I liked that I didn't get to use much cause the RP died. ...He's a giant snake-like creature though, and doesn't have any arms or legs. Will that be a problem if I tried to use him in this RP?
#3 Posted: 13:02:34 18/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Eh... I dont think that will fit here, but give me more details in PM
---
Everyone should go check out Aether :city in teh sky. its an awesome roleplay and will hep my friend finish his book.
#4 Posted: 16:53:16 21/05/2016
OOC: I know you said to make another character just incase, but the truth is... I actually enjoy playing as unorthodox characters. I tend to prefer characters that are as far away from me as possible. Usually, I do play bipeds though. Still, it's hard thinking about what to use instead.
#5 Posted: 12:07:04 23/05/2016 | Topic Creator
I said yes for now, just roll with what you got for now.
---
#6 Posted: 01:40:08 26/05/2016
Name: Anhansel
Race: Maulwurf Schlange: An intelligent worm like creature capable of tunneling.
Specialty or class: Tunneling around soft ground, as well as the use of weapons.
Magic specialization if any: Currently none.
Warband: (Not sure what to put here: Do we name our own Warband?)
Bio: Anhansel is a creature called a Maulwurf Schlange, a creature the Powermen frequently use to help search for crystals in tunnels. They are used because they are easy to communicate with, and fairly harmless despite being larger than humans. They are used more for trimming around dirt rather than deep digging, but their tusks and nose are surprisingly good at it. In addition, the Maulwurf don't have organic arms, but the Powermen have created artificial arms for them to function with.

Anhansel is one of these creatures who helps the Powermen find these crystals. He too was equipped with mechanical arms. Still, he misses his home, as he was taken away from it at a very young age to help the Powermen. He has no current qualms with helping them, but he is unsure what they plan to use them for. He only knows his task, and not much else. He does have a particular master, though: a man named Barust who treats him fairly well. Anhansel has taken a shine to his master, and is often seen accompanying him.
#7 Posted: 08:28:26 27/05/2016 | Topic Creator
I'll be giving a List of warbands when I make my character
---
StoryGirl Gold Sparx Gems: 2593
#8 Posted: 03:32:29 28/05/2016
well its been a long while since i have been on here. I guess its about time i came back? (Again)
---
♥PEACE.LOVE.HATERS♥
#9 Posted: 15:47:56 28/05/2016 | Topic Creator
haha, sure thing smilie just bear with me for this one ok? make up a character ill have one soon, and with that warbands, feel free to make your own warband as well.
---
StoryGirl Gold Sparx Gems: 2593
#10 Posted: 18:22:51 28/05/2016
Name: Kathryn demascus
Race: elf
Specialty or class: Mage
Magic specialization if any: She has no specific area of specialty. Her powers can be used for multiple things.
Warband: The Forgotten
Bio: After Kathryn's birth her mother passed away. She wasn't raised by her father either. He wasn't around even before she was born. Kathryn was raised by a monk in an old temple in the mountains. On a small hidden plateau he raised her. When she showed promise in having magic abilities, the monk sought to find her set specialty. Many years went by her training changing and becoming more complex. He was surprised even more when she showed no set specialty. A gift that was long forgotten. He trained her in every form he could till he passed when she was 11. Being all alone after the monks passing she used her powers to tend to the upkeep of the temple. It was the only way she could distract her from the haunting mess of the quiet.
Almost drove to insanity because of the silence, she left and went to the city. She kept her abilities hidden though she hardly fit in due to her clothing.
She eventually settled in the city and opened an herbal shop. Only showing her ability to coax plants to grow faster. Her skill with herbal remedies made her pretty well known to people and only one person who was a frequent customer knew she was hiding her full power. This customer gave her a small token with a strange symbol that meant "forgotten" on it.
[User Posted Image]
---
♥PEACE.LOVE.HATERS♥
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me