Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice coming September
Page 1 of 1
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice coming September
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#1 Posted: 02:25:22 12/05/2016 | Topic Creator
I was afraid this wasn't going to be localized •~•

---
My life is complete.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:48:21 12/05/2016 by MagicFizz
spyro fan 8 Ripto Gems: 2948
#2 Posted: 02:30:31 12/05/2016
Awwww yeaaaahh
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#3 Posted: 03:08:19 12/05/2016
That trailer is a dub of a very, very outdated debut trailer for the game. Famitsu has revealed a fair amount of details so far...

Returning characters (aside from the two playable ones) include Athena Cykes (Apollo's co-council but the Mood Matrix will return), Ema Skye (now a forensic scientist for the police, appears in both Khura'in and Japanifornia), Maya Fey (Nick's assistant in Kura'in, defendant for case 3 because we can't have Maya Fey in an Ace Attorney game unless she's accused of murder), Trucy Wright (defendant for case 2), Gaspen Payne (prosecutes case 1), Miles Edgeworth (chief prosecutor for Japanifornia), and Simon Blackquill (main prosecutor from Dual Destinies).

The game will also introduces a new prosecutor from Khura'in, Nayuta Sadmadhi, who will prosecute against both Phoenix and Apollo.

In addition, two bonus mini-cases have been announced as preorder bonuses for Japan. One features Wright and Maya defending against Edgeworth in Khura'in, the other has Apollo and Athena defending a case against Klavier Gavin in Japanifornia, with Pearl Fey and Ahlbi Ur'gaid as witnesses. Hopefully they'll be localized. But aside from that, data miners uncovered information for a DLC case ("Turnabout Across Time") in the Japanese eShop demo. Hopefully we'll get that too.

Here's the final Japanese trailer (game's out in Japan next month):

EDIT: Fixed and subbed video.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:16:44 12/05/2016 by HIR
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#4 Posted: 05:31:13 12/05/2016
Extremely excited about this, gonna buy the Trilogy of 1-3 on 3DS seeing as they're on sale now and I've only played Dual Destinies smilie
---
words. letters. filler.
#5 Posted: 13:56:15 07/09/2016 | Topic Creator
This game comes out tomorrow, how are you guys feeling about it?

I'm personally not interested in it, which is pretty surprising considering how much I was into the series 6 months ago. The fantasy and spiritual side of PW was never my favorite, and a whole game focused on it... Ill pass tbh. If anything ill get it if a price drop comes by.
---
My life is complete.
#6 Posted: 15:36:36 07/09/2016
I'm just sitting here hoping we get the DLC case...

Which is Wright & Maya vs. Edgeworth... with Larry Butz as a witness! ^.^
---
#7 Posted: 15:57:23 07/09/2016 | Topic Creator
^ Woah! :0

I dont think Larry ever had a 3D render before, correct?
---
My life is complete.
#8 Posted: 18:51:52 07/09/2016
Correct. The Japanese trailer for it even lampshades that fact.

M-E-S-S-A-G-E.
---
#9 Posted: 12:03:24 09/09/2016 | Topic Creator
Yeah... this game is getting pretty bad reviews.

"weakest gams in the series"

"Newcomers are better off playing DD"

"Disappointment to PW fans"

Ouch.
---
My life is complete.
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7369
#10 Posted: 19:31:09 09/09/2016
But the majority of the reviews are positive?

http://opencritic.com/game/319...irit-of-justice
http://www.metacritic.com/game...irit-of-justice

I've also been on the AA reddit and from what I've seen, the general consensus is that it's better than Dual Destinies. I'll get it soon.
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
#11 Posted: 19:52:29 09/09/2016 | Topic Creator
Well, I've only seen IGN, GX, and some other gaming news company's reviews. None of them got over a 7 on their ratings. :/
---
My life is complete.
#12 Posted: 02:43:30 10/09/2016
Quote: MagicFizz
Well, I've only seen IGN, GX, and some other gaming news company's reviews. None of them got over a 7 on their ratings. :/

Yeah, the first one on your list kind of ruins the credibility of said list. IGN is not a good source for reviews. <.<;

I'm on the 1st investigation phase of Case 2. Here are my thoughts so far.

1) It's harder than Dual Destinies. If you thought that game was holding your hand too much then this game will catch you off guard. In addition to that, they replaced the life bar/truth meter with the old "5 strike" system, and since pretty much every choice you make in trails can be penalized, including (and especially) the Divination Seances, unlike the Mood Matrix in Dual Destinies which didn't penalize you for guessing whatsoever with the semi-exception of Case 5. So prepare to save scum like mad!

2) The Divination Seance mechanism is... not my cup of tea. Let me put it to you this way. If you did not enjoy the parts in Case 1-5 (Rise from the Ashes) or Case 4-3 (Turnabout Serenade) when you were constantly watching video footage and trying to find a flaw with it versus the Court Record, you will despise the Divination Seances. Especially because, again, outside the (brief) tutorial, you are penalized for every wrong answer, unlike the Mood Matrix.

3) Writing's top-notch as per usual. The Case 1 killer is by far the most amazing Case 1 witness in the whole series and all of the character's testimony had me bursting out laughing.

Will post more thoughts as I continue the game.

EDIT: Oh, I will say one other thing about the game...

The Spirit of Justice subtitle isn't just referring to Khura'in/spirit mediums.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:48:50 10/09/2016 by HIR
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me