Page 1 of 1
Beyond the Ending... [CLOSED]
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#1 Posted: 03:25:18 24/06/2007 | Topic Creator
Let us face it: Spyro 6 is a short, arcade style game. Thus, like any game of its type, the key to its longevity is in challenges that go beyond just clearing the game.

For those who have already defeated Beserk Cynder, cleared all stages, reached maximum level, found every secret, and beat every enemy, here are some new challenges to attempt...

No Deaths: clear the game without using any of the game's auto-respawn checkpoints. If you die, you must reload and restart from the last save point you have reached.

Low Level Run: Clear the game without upgrading any of the breath abilities. All breaths, both primary and secondary, must remain at the default power level!

Proper Boss Slaying: Defeat all of the bosses without using breath attacks (excluding Cynder's final form). No primary, secondary, and fury breath attacks may be used.

No Panic Button: Clear the entire game without ever using Fury attacks. Exception being Cynder's final form.

Melee Master: Clear the game without using breath attacks at all. Exception: training and Cynder's final form.

Pyromaniac: Clear the game without using melee attacks at all (except the first stage's first half, if on a new game). You may not use melee attacks when out of breath energy ; use the no-energy short-range fire breath.

War Completist: do not move on in areas with multiple paths (such as the volcano stage underground maze and the Cynder Tower areas with multiple paths) without defeating all of the foes on all of the paths. If cutscenes force you at the exit, you have to go back in and clear the paths you missed.

Minimalist: Do not break any Spirit Gem during the game. This exclude Spirit Gems broken by foes and the Spirit Gems you are forced to break during the first Dragon Temple visit.

Greedy: Find and break ALL of the game's Spirit Gems.

Well, those are the challenges I came up with. Feel free to mix'em up if you feel like it.

Happy playing!

(Note: Feel free to make comments about the challenges and/or to say whenever or not you have cleared some of them. Suggestions for more challenges are welcome... although impossible challenges aren't.)
RubyKrystal Red Sparx Gems: 49
#2 Posted: 08:03:21 24/06/2007
Already deone the Greedy and War Completist ones. CUZ I IZ AWESHUM.
---
Avatar: Psychonauts. Bobby Zilch! o rly?
OBJECTION! ... uh, because I said so!
Fan of Spyro since the beginning!
Cynder 1500 Blue Sparx Gems: 819
#3 Posted: 21:15:27 14/07/2007
What Plaform are your awards on???
---
http://CrystalWildfyr.dragonadopters.com/dragon_2353 Please help my lonely dragon!
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#4 Posted: 03:08:54 15/07/2007 | Topic Creator
Oops, forgot to specify...

Those challenges apply to the Gamecube, Xbox, and Playstation 2 versions of the game.

I might make a list of awards for the GBA version later. There's no guarantee for the DS version however although I am always open to suggestions.

Feel free to say whenever or not you have actually managed some/most/all of the feats on the list and how it went (if it was easy or hard, if it took many attempts or not, what made the feat hard/easy to do, that kind of thing).
Rexy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1313
#5 Posted: 09:27:34 15/07/2007
Greedy and War Completist are done for me too when I was trying to figure out whether it is possible to clear the game the first time through and get all the breath upgrades at the same time (which ironically, you don't @_@).
redthedragon Blue Sparx Gems: 831
#6 Posted: 01:03:58 16/07/2007
I did Pyromaniac,Greedy,Low Level run and Melee Master
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me