Forum

Skylanders: Battlecast

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Pack success - opening
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#1 Posted: 15:26:54 10/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Thought I would start a topic specific to what is pulled from packs. I got 51 booster packs and 4 battle packs (all the Smash Hit ones)
These packs are the 270 card version, just in case the 300 card versions one come out

So, out of the 51 booster packs

Got 16 skylanders. Stormblade (x3), Whirlwind, Stealth Elf (x2), Food Fight (x3), Tree Rex, Hex (x8), Roller Brawl, Smash Hit (x8) Crusher, Spitfire (x4), Hot Head, Snap Shot (x4), Spyro (x2), Pop Fizz (x2), Trigger Happy (x5), and Jawbreaker. 4 Trigger Happy, Hex, and Smash Hit were guaranteed in those packs. I did get Hex and Smash Hit twice in the same battle pack and also one Spyro, Crusher, and Pop Fizz came from those.

So with 51 booster packs and 4 battle packs, one would get 57 epic/ultimate cards. Of those, 7 of mine were ultimate. So, that is about 1 in every 8 packs. That is comparable with my virtual pack success.

Silver holograms. I have 11 of them including Spitifre and Spyro.
Gold holograms. I have 6 of them.
One card I have both as a silver hologram and gold hologram, so that means all 270 cards likely have gold and silver versions.

Doubles? Lots. Triple. Got some. Even have one epic card I have gotten 4 times. Also, if I see another Chalk Albatross I will spit.

The battle packs here all give you the same 6 cards each time....Smash Hit, Trigger Happy, Hex, Rummage, Impending Doom, and Concussion. Thus, the character specific card in each battle pack is the same. I imagine it would be for the other battle pack, if I ever get one.

Probably no point detailing what specific cards I have, though, it is challenging to make sure I know and mark which cards I have already scanned and which ones I have not. Each of the cardboard packs have a cellophane pack inside (which often does not match the cardboard), why they chose to waste this cardboard, I do not know.

And as a fyi, scanning can be challenging. I am having difficulty scanning the card called the Tempest. I wonder if its just the color of the non-elemental ones that are the challenge. I have 2 copies of the Tempest and neither are cooperating. Got them once to get a green around it but would not add to collection. Adding cards to collection can take a few tries for sure.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:32:24 10/04/2016 by lamoracke
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#2 Posted: 15:40:09 10/04/2016
Eight Hexes? Curse interntional shipping,can't even PM to ask to buy one because it's too much for a flat card on a package ;-;

Where are you trying to scan The Tempest? Could be an issue with the color of the desk or whatever you are using; I know I was feeling like a dumb person with the Spitfire January 1st quest and tried to scan him off of another phone and it just wouldn't let me unless I had the lights of the room at the right angle.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:40:18 10/04/2016 by Bifrost
#3 Posted: 15:49:20 10/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Well, the thing is with the Tempest, I have tried in 3 different rooms, with different tables, different lamps....the other cards around it scan but that one just does not. I will keep trying sporadically. If you wanted a Hex, I would be happy to give you one and Impending Doom. PM me and we can figure something out. No strings. Have plenty of her.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#4 Posted: 16:04:28 10/04/2016
This is strange,then, since if the game does recognize a card. Hopefully it's not a defect with that specific one, we had enough issues with Nightfall last year - though with the 30 new cards they could always rerelease those with it.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
JJAtelier Blue Sparx Gems: 727
#5 Posted: 03:19:01 11/04/2016
The dupes can be quite harsh especially once you've already collected a good majority of the collection. I could really do with Pop Fizz as he's the only rare Skylander missing, yet I wish I can magically transfer all the Jet-Vac's I opened digitally into a physical card for you.

Up to you what you do with the dupes, did you test to see if the physical dupes would grant bonus gold?
#6 Posted: 04:54:26 11/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Am going to make a chart of what does what, including my silver holos, gold holos, etc. Virtual cards seem to always give coins but perhaps the physical ones do not. I am not sure. I know I was not able to scan rummage and concussion for example, it said no more of these may be scanned, perhaps because they are level 20. Thus it certainly is possible you can't get coins from the physical card doubles, but I do at least want to make a coin chart for extra virtuals. If physical cards do not give money, then my holos will just be fancy extra cards in my binder.

..am also working on a level chart, common, rare, epic and ultimate. Thus, I like making work for myself.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#7 Posted: 12:02:15 11/04/2016
If I understand correctly, only Skylanders cards may have a silver, gold or gold-and-silver hologram? And there are no regular versions without gold or silver for the Skylanders?
---
bye
#8 Posted: 13:34:12 11/04/2016 | Topic Creator
I quite firmly believe that silver and gold holograms exist for all the cards.

For Skylanders, I have personally acquired Spyro and Spitfire...and in the game, I had a gold holo of Countdown
I have gold and silver versions of skylander specific elemental cards and also non-elemental cards.

Thus, if there was a nut out there who wanted every card, in theory, its 270 x 3 or 810 unique cards. There may be 300 x 3 some day but until I see packs based on the 300 card game, not 270, its 810.
treybattlecast Red Sparx Gems: 15
#9 Posted: 02:00:17 12/04/2016
There are two parts to scanning a card. It sounds like you are having difficulty with Step 1 - recognizing the card. You can tell that the card has completed step one and been recognized as a sound plays and the glowing border appears.

One trick that may help you get past step one is to hold your phone or tablet very close to the card such that the entire image portion of the card fills the screen. This means you won't be able to see the bottom text box in the camera's view. The image portion of the card is what is used for step 1. Once you hear the sound start, you can slowly pull the device back so that the entire card can be seen in the camera. This will allow step two to identify the unique code in the card.

It also helps to have good even lighting when scanning cards. Shadows or bright spots created by lights directly overhead can interfere with the scanning process.

Hope these tips help.

BTW: Yes there are gold and silver foil versions of every one of the 270 cards.

T
#10 Posted: 03:13:58 12/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Thanks for your post. The thing is, I have scanned like 60 cards or so and its only The Tempest that is having difficulty.
treybattlecast Red Sparx Gems: 15
#11 Posted: 03:56:33 12/04/2016
A few cards among the 270 are more challenging to scan on some devices. In your case it appears that Tempest is one of them.
#12 Posted: 19:00:54 24/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Here are my results for my next batch of cards. I opened 60 packs of booster packs from Australia and 4 more battle packs.

So far.

First round: (from NZ)
50 booster packs and 4 battle packs: 6 gold holograms, 12 silver holograms. I got 7 ultimates in the 50 booster packs and none in the 4 battle packs.

Second round: (from Australia)
60 booster packs and 4 battle packs: 6 gold holograms, 12 silver holograms. I got 12 ultimates in the 60 booster packs and two in the battle packs. One ultimate in the booster packs was a gold holo and one of the ultimates in the battle packs was a silver hologram.

Thus, so far, 19 ultimates out of 110 physical booster packs. 2 ultimates out of 8 physical battle packs. Its been about 6 packs for every ultimate so far.

As far as virtually goes. The percentage has been much lower. My odds getting one in a super spin are way higher than a virtual pack.
In 24 virtual booster packs, I have only gotten 2 ultimates (Countdown and Crystal Cudgel)
In 16 virtual battle packs, I have gotten 4 ultimates (Whirlwind, Wash Buckler, Countdown, Crystal Cudgel)

Thus, physically if you count a battle pack as 2 packs then I have gotten 21 ultimates out of 126 or one out of every 6 physical packs.
Virtually, if you do the same, I have gotten 6 ultimates out of 56 or one out of every 9 physical packs.

Well, glad the physical cards are a higher percentage to be honest.
#13 Posted: 19:43:36 24/04/2016 | Topic Creator
FYI, if anyone gets cards and wants to trade, these are the 15 cards I still need whether scanned or not:

Ultimates:
arcane prism (have one coming in the mail though)
krypt king
ninjini
countdown
splintering gale
meteor shower
restless spirit
brimstone
third degree burn
arkeyan battle armor

Epics:
foreboding curse
show me the mummy
the motherlode
auto fire
whale whomp
bottle clocked (have it as a hologram, but want the regular version)

have lots to trade. Have all the rares and commons so do not need any of those but not all do I have doubles of, but most I do.
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#14 Posted: 21:11:27 24/04/2016
Quote: lamoracke
Thanks for your post. The thing is, I have scanned like 60 cards or so and its only The Tempest that is having difficulty.

" The tempest "wouldn't scan for me iether. (Using iPad mini 2)
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
#15 Posted: 21:25:25 24/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Well, we both have an ipad mini 2. I sent my scan to a friend from Sweden (carin) to have her a try and she could not get it either on her android. I got the Tempest as a silver hologram in my new batch of cards and that one did not scan either. However, I got enough epic cards that I only needed 2 and had 2 tickets so I redeemed both of my epic tickets so I can finally never have to try and scan that darn Tempest ever again.
xboxfanuk Yellow Sparx Gems: 1155
#16 Posted: 11:34:33 27/05/2016
I just opened 2x booster and one Trigger Happy Battle pack. I ended up with a couple of dupes, but got a gold fireball which was cool.
---
Friend me on Xbox One - GT: Xboxfanuk

Would love to co-op Superchargers.
#17 Posted: 14:32:32 27/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Any gold card is cool, but I imagine a gold fireball is even cooler.
Toleroh Yellow Sparx Gems: 1858
#18 Posted: 14:46:06 27/05/2016
Okay, to get Tempest to scan, I had to use my flat black matte mouse pad thingy that goes under my $30 vespula mouse pad. It was still a bit temperamental with that setup which was absolutely fantastic for everything else.

Funny... I've opened 32 real packs and 4 virtual and don't have the chalk albatross yet :/
---
BATTLECAST: StumpSmashRules#405
PortalMaster Happy Libertyelf (RIP). Favor-eight: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#19 Posted: 15:08:06 27/05/2016 | Topic Creator
I have so many bloody chalk albatrosses, I could spit. I should post results of my newer packs. I have opened the equivalent of 200 booster packs.
#20 Posted: 19:48:32 27/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Okay, have done some totals. Now, I can break them out by place I have gotten the packs but I feel that is not really worth the exercise. Also, I do not have a lot of battle packs bought (just 16) so its data is not as complete as booster packs

Booster Packs: 228 packs, 29 gold holograms, 57 silver holograms, 16 ultimate skylanders, 32 ultimate other cards
Battle Packs: 16 packs, 2 gold holograms, 9 silver holograms, 0 ultimates

So, ultimates. Its about 5 booster packs for every ultimate. I have yet to get an ultimate card in 16 battle packs which is the equivalent of 32 booster packs. Now that sucks but its still a small sample size.

Holograms: One hologram of some kind every 2.65 booster packs. I have pretty much twice as many silver holograms than gold. I get a gold hologram every 7.9 booster packs and a silver holograms every 4 packs. I have gotten both in the same pack. Battle packs. You should get twice the odds as you are getting two boosters so I will count a battle pack as two boosters. By that math, I get 1 gold hologram every 32 boosters and a silver hologram every 3.6 packs. With the exception of silver holograms, my battle packs have been way worse so far. I need to get more to get a better sample.

In theory I have numbers to show how I do in actual stores vs Amazon but its probably silly to look at.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#21 Posted: 04:18:39 28/05/2016
Of the 4 booster packs I bought, one of them ended up having two foils in it (gold Spyromania and silver Crystal of Clarity).
---
#all Spyros are valid
#22 Posted: 05:37:01 28/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Nice, I have the silver foil Spyromania. If you ever want to trade for some cards you want, let me know. Would not care if scanned or not. Spyro is the one I have the most foils for (well, tied) so I kinda have been on the fence if I want to focus on one skylander to get all the foils.
#23 Posted: 07:58:56 28/05/2016
I opened very few card packs so far but my rarest card for now is a Silver foil Thought Theft.
---
bye
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#24 Posted: 09:59:03 28/05/2016
Your poor bank account lamoracke...ouch
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
#25 Posted: 13:33:06 28/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Its not like someone put a gun to my head, but probably lost my next flight somewhere in the USA. But yes, the bank account has been attacked a bit most vigorously.
stealth Yellow Sparx Gems: 1040
#26 Posted: 18:25:46 29/05/2016
Thanks for these stats! I bought the set from Amazon because the price was just awesome, I got many foils actually (maybe bout 6 silver?), one gold foil epic, and 2 ultimates total. One was Flashwing, so I'm really happy about her.
I'm super tempted to buy the set again because the price just can't be beat. Seriously addicted to these cards, I'm scared to even load them because (especially the epics and ultimates) feel so great to have fresh and unused.
#27 Posted: 18:36:29 29/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Well, actually TRU is pretty good too. Its buy one, get one 50% off and if you have their credit card, its 10% off on Thursdays and then you get double the reward points so you get money back later. That is a pretty decent deal too, at least in the USA.

Amazon gets you unique card case and the master box. Something different and saves all that cardboard.
#28 Posted: 20:06:29 29/05/2016
Is the TRU only in stores? I went online and I don't see B1G150. Wondering if I should run over to the store now haha
#29 Posted: 21:47:40 29/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Oh, I guess the promotion has now ended, sorry, I never remember the day of the week the ad changes. I now see it starts on Sunday. Well, when I posted it was Saturday.

Just got a few more packs from Amazon bundle, including Krypt King (finally) and Ninjini.

Thus, the only card I need now is Arkeyan Battle Armor and my friend supposedly has one for me, assuming he survives his camping weekend.

Would still trade doubles for holograms.
#30 Posted: 22:14:44 29/05/2016
Now that you are almost done, will you try a complete hologram collection? Maybe not a full Silver and/or full Gold collection but a mix of both? smilie
---
bye
#31 Posted: 22:16:59 29/05/2016
Ah its ok! I went and they still gave me the discount because they forgot to take a sticker off that showed the sale haha. Got no ultimates though, sad I reallllyyy want Ninjini. I'll find her eventually!
#32 Posted: 22:42:03 29/05/2016 | Topic Creator
I cannot fathom a complete hologram collection ever. Assuming I could secure each one for say $5, that is 540 cards total. Lets say I have 80 of them already so 460 cards left. That is over $2000 at a modest $5 a pop. Nah, its not realistic.

I would like a Hot Head hologram of some kind to at least have one foil of all 24 skylanders. I would also like to focus on the skylanders that I had the most of through my packs...Rip Tide, Stealth Elf, and Spyro. Would be nice to have all 12 of one, in theory.

Also, I just want as many as I can realistically get, really enjoy my card collection even if cost a small fortune as it is.

Still missing two cards from 2014 Topps Trap Team, don't want that to happen again. That set was very very hard too.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:11:49 29/05/2016 by lamoracke
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#33 Posted: 01:57:06 01/06/2016
I opened my packs today (I got 2 Battle packs and 3 booster packs) and from what I got. TOO MANY SPYROS! I didn't get a lot of Skylanders cards (I only have Spitfire, Stealth Elf, Spyro, Snap Shot, Stormblade, Hex, Smash Hit, Trigger Happy, Jet Vac and Hot Head). I'm happy with what I got but if someone finds a decent piced Wirlwind or Flashwing card let me know.
TripleTeam Red Sparx Gems: 63
#34 Posted: 19:48:48 08/06/2016
14 battle packs and got 3 ultimates: Arcane Prism, Crystal Cudgel and Touch of Darkness

9 Boosters and got 2 ultimates: Tribal Lore, Tree Rex

Scanning in my epics/ultimates, I received 4 rare tickets, 2 epic tickets and 2 ultimate tickets.
#35 Posted: 20:46:34 08/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Yeah, wish I could have scanned all my cards but I played before the cards came out and my cards were mostly level 10. Would not have guessed the magic ticket system.

These are my update to date ratios....assuming 1 battle pack is 2 packs and a booster is 1 pack...

Silver holograms. 1 every 5 packs
Gold holograms. 1 every 10.2 packs
Ultimates in general. 1 every 6.2 packs
Ultimate skylanders. 1 every 20.9 packs.

For fun, here are my virtual pack rates
Ultimate skylanders, one every 23.5 virtual packs
Ultimates in general, one every 6.7 virtual packs
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me