Forum

Poll

Favourite CTR:NF Spyro skin?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The All-Purpose Pokémon Topic V2
First | Previous | Page 7 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 48 49 50
The All-Purpose Pokémon Topic V2 [CLOSED]
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#301 Posted: 13:47:06 10/05/2016
So glad trainer customization is back, and Litten is so flipping adorable. I read on the main site that it can make fire hair balls, gross but cute smilie
Litten can attack with flaming hairballs! Its fur is rich in oils and immensely flammable. Litten grooms itself by licking its fur, and then uses the collected fur as fuel for fireball attacks!

When the time comes for Litten to shed its old fur, it all burns up in a glorious blaze.
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#302 Posted: 13:51:26 10/05/2016
Team Moon, Team Moon!

Bat Legendary~! Does Game Freak like lions a lot?

[User Posted Image]
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
BlackWing116 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1480
#303 Posted: 13:53:35 10/05/2016
I love LUnaara, It's such a beautifull Pokémon.

Anyone have Poplio and Rowlet's Pokédex Entries?
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#304 Posted: 14:00:15 10/05/2016
[User Posted Image]
sun best
Drawdler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#305 Posted: 14:00:54 10/05/2016
^ They're on the official site, which is also where their attack illustrations came from. Also, the more I look at the Legends the more I'm leaning towards Sun, someone on GFAQs pointed out that Lunaala is a bit overdesigned and I agree and it's bugging me a lot. Plus the big fluffy whiteness of Solgaleo reminds me of Reshiram, my favourite Pokemon. And the Sun emblem is cooler. XD Still love both, probably my favourite legendary duo aside from Resh and Zek.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:01:48 10/05/2016 by Drawdler
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 7201
#306 Posted: 14:03:10 10/05/2016
I know I can't even get the game, but I wanted to give my opinions on the design anyway.
Sun legendary feels more like Pyroar's Mega while the moon one Gliscor's, but either way nice designs. Grass starter best starter, though fire cat is close and the otter seems underwhelming, I'd have to see its evolutions before deciding.
---
I do art!
MAHARI YUWARE GAAIE SABANARE
AMARE DIRAHI JUMAGI GANASHARA
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:04:29 10/05/2016 by Bifrost
HeyitsHotDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 5660
#307 Posted: 14:07:12 10/05/2016
I commented this on reddit and got 338+ upvotes and I'll say it here

The new Leggies look more like Digimon than Pokemon. I even gave them Digimon names. SunLeomon and TwiliBatmon.
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:13:47 10/05/2016 by HeyitsHotDog
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#308 Posted: 14:07:27 10/05/2016
Team Sun all the way, Lions are cool.
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3046
#309 Posted: 14:08:43 10/05/2016
Rowlet is the best starter ever tbh also if i have money ill get pokemon moon ;p

game looks gorgeous and they look like theyre getting a lot more diversity in npcs (like the dude standin next to the car, seems taller than normal and more proportional to the enviroment)
---
oh my god its knuckles
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#310 Posted: 14:10:18 10/05/2016
Lunaara/Lunaala looks like a wyvern to me
Solgaleo is freaking MAJESTIC! Please tell me it's shiny is black where it is normally white!!!!!!!!

Also Litten best starter, Rowlet is second best starter, I could care less about Popplio. (He is essentially the Fennekin of this game for me as of now)
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
#311 Posted: 14:11:44 10/05/2016
Lunaalaa is a frikkn wyver, only makes me love it more xD

I never liked Pyroar, and Solgaleo looks too much like a overdone Mega to me...
Drawdler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#312 Posted: 14:15:33 10/05/2016
If we get Mega Solgaleo, will it be like a Mega Mega Pyroar?
#313 Posted: 14:17:30 10/05/2016
Quote: Drawdler
If we get Mega Solgaleo, will it be like a Mega Mega Pyroar?

That'd be so weird... but, c'mon, Solgaleo looks like a Pyroar with armor on and a terrible paintjob....IMO
#314 Posted: 14:19:32 10/05/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
I commented this on reddit and got 338+ upvotes and I'll say it here

The new Leggies look more like Digimon than Pokemon. I even gave them Digimon names. SunLeomon and TwiliBatmon.

Not enough armor/machinery or segments and clashing colors yet. Seriously, watching someone play Cyber Sleuth, it's been so long since I saw much of digimon and good god Paildramon and Lotusmon and friends are too much.
---
I do art!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:20:10 10/05/2016 by Bifrost
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6383
#315 Posted: 14:45:39 10/05/2016
Quote: Aura24
Team Moon, Team Moon!

Bat Legendary~! Does Game Freak like lions a lot?

[User Posted Image]

PRAISE THE MOON!
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
spyro fan 8 Ripto Gems: 2948
#316 Posted: 15:10:27 10/05/2016
Unpopular opinion time. I really, really do not like the fire and water starters. But that's okay because I love owls so I probably would've went grass even if the other two didn't look terrible.

For the positives: Hoenn was one of my favorite regions growing up, and it's cool that we're getting another tropical area (I liked all the little villages they showed us). The legendaries look really cool, and I'm going to get Moon. I actually decided that even before this trailer, just because in the past I played Digimon Dusk and generally like moon-based things better (I was right, I like this Moon legendary more than the lion). I liked the trailer, I only wanted to know the legendaries, starters, region, and if trainer customization was back. I'll probably abstain from any other news so I don't spoil anything else.
#317 Posted: 15:19:16 10/05/2016
Now that I got to watch the trailer, really liking the region as well. Maybe the plot will also be something fresh.

Only thing I don't like about moon legendary(will take forever to memorize the name) is that it has a really weird tail, even more impratical than Yveltal's.
---
I do art!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:19:51 10/05/2016 by Bifrost
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3280
#318 Posted: 15:45:24 10/05/2016
Aight here's the deal

i love Rowlet unf, Owls are like, my favorite animal so.

Litten we all knew was coming cuz chinese Zodiac and it's japanese name. My problem with Litten is that it looks not like a Pokemon, more like a Digimon, and I think that's just due to its odd choice of color scheme

Popplio, here's the thing...I hate Oshawott, it ****ing sucks. I love Popplio, it's a circus sea lion and that;s really cool and has lots of potential for final evo, it's much better than Oshawott....However, I don't get why they chose to go with another Sea Lion for a starter, the final evo has to be really unique now

Solgaleo is master race, and that's coming from a bat lover and a dark type lover. The colors are unf, and tbh Pyroar suuuuuccckkkks. Just forget about Pyroar, this is the new lion. I mainly don't like Lunaala more because it's face, I wish it was more bat like.
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#319 Posted: 15:53:02 10/05/2016
Team Sun and Rowlet!
#320 Posted: 16:05:25 10/05/2016
Quote: Lunarz
Aight here's the deal

i love Rowlet unf, Owls are like, my favorite animal so.

Litten we all knew was coming cuz chinese Zodiac and it's japanese name. My problem with Litten is that it looks not like a Pokemon, more like a Digimon, and I think that's just due to its odd choice of color scheme

Popplio, here's the thing...I hate Oshawott, it ****ing sucks. I love Popplio, it's a circus sea lion and that;s really cool and has lots of potential for final evo, it's much better than Oshawott....However, I don't get why they chose to go with another Sea Lion for a starter, the final evo has to be really unique now

Solgaleo is master race, and that's coming from a bat lover and a dark type lover. The colors are unf, and tbh Pyroar suuuuuccckkkks. Just forget about Pyroar, this is the new lion. I mainly don't like Lunaala more because it's face, I wish it was more bat like.

Although I love this pokemon, I agree. It looks like a glameow possessed a master ball electrode-style
#321 Posted: 17:32:15 10/05/2016
IMO Lunaala looks really creepy! smilie I was pretty disappointed with its design - but eh, opinions.
#322 Posted: 17:35:38 10/05/2016
Just looked at both legend's faces, and both of them have this starry sky thing going on right on top of their heads... I guess that makes them a duo? Or trio... almost all main mascot Legends have a third (secret) member.
#323 Posted: 17:36:48 10/05/2016
Sun, moon, and eclipse, anyone?
#324 Posted: 17:39:58 10/05/2016
And as always there's complaints everywhere.
#325 Posted: 17:43:18 10/05/2016
^as Yelvy already said "Opinions" cant't stop these from appearing.

Yelvy@: what type of eclipse, soon or moon? Both are possible, you know...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:43:45 10/05/2016 by BlackWing116
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#326 Posted: 17:45:00 10/05/2016
[User Posted Image]

Just look at it.
Any doubts about who I'd pick? Nope.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#327 Posted: 17:46:02 10/05/2016
^This is just an example of how the fandom has become.
#328 Posted: 17:46:46 10/05/2016
Quote: KeybasHedKey
And as always there's complaints everywhere.

lmao people can dislike stuff, are you saying you love everything about all pokemon games? like "Oh be thankful we got these" but, we are, we're just giving our opinions on them, it's called free will. I love them all but I have complaints cuz I'm not a fan of certain things, doesn't mean I'm ungrateful or complaining just to complain. I mean, even in Gen 1 I'm sure people were like "wtf is this"

----

So I did some digging and, while Solgaleo is obviously based on the constellation of Leo, Lunaala isn't based on a constellation, so I looked around and I found out that Hawaii has only one native land mammal, and that's the Hoary Bat, and I'm p confident this is where the inspiration came from

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:49:28 10/05/2016 by Lunarz
#329 Posted: 17:56:00 10/05/2016
Quote: KeybasHedKey
^This is just an example of how the fandom has become.

Okay, wow, cut it out, thats extremely rude to say.
To comment further on this: are you telling me we're not allowed to have opinions? Excuseme, but does that mean everyone likes MLP, no wait, we cant even like, because according to you there are no opinions, so we cant even like.

I like Rowlet, hands down, and if you have a problem with my opinion, I'm pretty sure you have a problem with all the opinions.

Anyways, since i dont like arguing...

Lunarz@: Yeah, I was looking through Hawai's native animals as well, but completely overlooked this bat. I can see why you'd say the inspiration comes from this animal due to its wingshape and mouthbuild.
#330 Posted: 18:01:40 10/05/2016
It's just annoying when people are like "look at what happened to this fandom" Except you can say that about any fandom???? Like, there are assholes, and not assholes, and those comprise every fandom, it's such a stupid stigma that like, "Oh I remember when the fandom was good and it was amazing" really? Or do you just think it was? cuz I guarentee people have always complained and argued.

It's hypocritical to be knocking the fandom because theyre giving opinions, doesnt that mean you're bad for giving your opinion on them having an opinion? You're also being negative which is what you're annoyed at them for, so.
---
#331 Posted: 18:11:30 10/05/2016
Besides, why are we looking at fandoms alone? People outside of a cartain fandom decide not to get into it because they have a reason not to. Most of the times, they dislike something of that fandom or its subject. There, we have an opinion going. Imao, saying you cant have an opinion is saying you are emotionless and thus have the most boring personality you can have. Also, Key, I'm pretty sure you have opinions. To me it sounds like you're saying that your opinion is the best and everyone else's opinion doesnt excist.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 8982
#332 Posted: 18:13:42 10/05/2016
Oh, yay, gameplay footage and stuff. I guess Gen VII is the new Gen III then. Kind of hoping we wouldn't get back-to-back games in tropical locales but, eh, what're you gonna do? New Hoenn could be cool if they take advantage of some of Hawaii's interesting geographical features. Namely, I hope we see a volcano setting because Mt. Chimney's pretty lame, even in ORAS.

I like the text boxes a lot (assuming they're not placeholders) and the models look more detailed than in Gen VI. And more expressive too, which is a definite plus. Although that running animation looked broken, so I'm going to hope that'll be worked on more.

Oh, right, the starters and legendaries. Yeah, not really my cup of tea. Maybe I need to see them in the games properly more, but I'm not feeling any of them. I think the water-type and the grass-type starters do a good job giving off exotic vibes. But as of right now, I'm firmly in Team Pokémon Bank. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#333 Posted: 18:14:48 10/05/2016
Oh man, sorry to start an argument smilie I'm sorry, KeybasHedKey!

But anyway, that bat looks cool! I'm glad they're taking inspiration from native animals. I actually thought the region was called Aloha when I first saw the trailer haha smilie

Anyway. BlackWing, you could have just Pokemon: Eclipse or Pokemon: Solar Eclipse and Pokemon: Lunar Eclipse. But here I go again planning sequels to games that haven't even been released yet smilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#334 Posted: 18:16:46 10/05/2016
I thought we've already established that we ignore Keybash when she says stuff like this, because it will always drive the discussion into an argument of sorts. She will have to deal with and accept the fact that people have different opinions from her own.

Anyway, I'm stuck between Litten and Popplio. But I'll wait until we see the final evos, unless they won't reveal them until release.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:26:11 10/05/2016 by Aura24
#335 Posted: 18:19:08 10/05/2016
Yelvy@ Reminds me of B2 and W2, which honestly weren't my favourite games. If they'd pull something like this again, I fear both Solgeleo(if Im correct) and Lunaala might get overdesigned. They already have loads of detail going on, so they better whatch what they do. I'm also not up for another Zygarde theme going on.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:20:11 10/05/2016 by BlackWing116
#336 Posted: 18:22:57 10/05/2016
Quote: BlackWing116
Yelvy@ Reminds me of B2 and W2, which honestly weren't my favourite games. If they'd pull something like this again, I feR both Solgeleo(if Im correct) and Lunaala might get overdesigned. They already have loads of detail going on, so they better whatch what they do. I'm also not up for another Zygarde theme going on.

Haha, I was only speculating/joking smilie I agree though, B2/W2 were a bad move, but I understand the reusing of old environments/Pokemon if they wanted to focus on developing X/Y. I ended up skipping them, since Unova wasn't my favourite region at the time.

On a side note (And not off topic since this is an All-purpose?) Do you think they will ever make Z/Delta Emerald? I can only imagine them as remakes in the future.
#337 Posted: 18:26:18 10/05/2016
Quote: yelvy
Yelvy@ Reminds me of B2 and W2, which honestly weren't my favourite games. If they'd pull something like this again, I feR both Solgeleo(if Im correct) and Lunaala might get overdesigned. They already have loads of detail going on, so they better whatch what they do. I'm also not up for another Zygarde theme going on.

Haha, I was only speculating/joking smilie I agree though, B2/W2 were a bad move, but I understand the reusing of old environments/Pokemon if they wanted to focus on developing X/Y. I ended up skipping them, since Unova wasn't my favourite region at the time.

On a side note (And not off topic since this is an All-purpose?) Do you think they will ever make Z/Delta Emerald? I can only imagine them as remakes in the future.

No, on both. If that'd be true, both would've been made by now and Sun and Moon came a year later. The chance for those games have kinda been wasted, for now, at least. Perhaps in the far future though?
#338 Posted: 18:30:44 10/05/2016

Haha, I was only speculating/joking :) I agree though, B2/W2 were a bad move, but I understand the reusing of old environments/Pokemon if they wanted to focus on developing X/Y. I ended up skipping them, since Unova wasn't my favourite region at the time.

Nah, that gen is over with. Not only do they never do the remakes with a third game (there was no yellow or crystal remakes), but their chance for Z is gone with gen 7 being released this year. And honestly, I'm glad. I hated the "third edition" games. If you have more of a story to tell, tack it on at the end after the E4 or release it as an update later on. I enjoyed Platinum's distortion world storyline but it would be much more appropriate to be an end of game extra, like Delta story was in ORAS.
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#339 Posted: 18:37:20 10/05/2016
Team Sun and Rowlet!

I have found my people
#340 Posted: 18:38:11 10/05/2016
She already said she does not accept different opinions and hates these people in S&N, I wouldn't even try to argue anymore.

I really liked B2/W2 since that gen did require a story continuation(even if it got excecuted rather awkwardly), but I don't think XY needed it at all except a few characters, but those could easily get tied into another gen and it has happened before.
Zygarde 100% and Eternal Floette tho, they're the new ingame Arceus.
---
I do art!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:38:52 10/05/2016 by Bifrost
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7512
#341 Posted: 18:43:15 10/05/2016
I want that s e a l
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#342 Posted: 18:43:30 10/05/2016
Quote: Wreckingball13
Team Sun and Rowlet!

I have found my people

My brothers, my sisters
---
#343 Posted: 18:55:17 10/05/2016
All right, so what types do you think these starters are going to become? Aside from Rowlet since we already know it's Grass/Flying.
Personally, I think Litten will become Fire/Dark when it evolves due to it's color palette, and Popplio will become Water/Ice because to me that just makes sense for a seal.
---
Check this out! Please?
#344 Posted: 19:02:28 10/05/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
All right, so what types do you think these starters are going to become? Aside from Rowlet since we already know it's Grass/Flying.
Personally, I think Litten will become Fire/Dark when it evolves due to it's color palette, and Popplio will become Water/Ice because to me that just makes sense for a seal.

tbh I said these typings to myself the first time I saw them
---
#345 Posted: 19:05:41 10/05/2016
So I have an interesting question for all of you...What do you think the fossil Pokemon will be?

I've heard Mammoth (although we have mamoswine) and Smilodon (although we also have Raikou) and I think those would be really cool

But I really want a Velociraptor aswell as a Ankylosaur
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:07:07 10/05/2016 by Lunarz
#346 Posted: 19:11:29 10/05/2016
I've always thought the idea of a Rock/Electric velociraptor would be cool.
---
Check this out! Please?
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#347 Posted: 19:26:44 10/05/2016
Pros:
>Rowlet is ****ing adorable, and is definitely going to be my first ever grass starter.
>I LOVE BATS IS THERE ANY DOUBT I WONT GET MOON
>Trainer customization hell yes, it REALLY bugged me that we couldn't do it in ORAS.
>God damn, that setting looks awesome.

Cons:
>The fact that the lion thing even exists is kind of bugging me. Plus it looks way too... white?
>The water starter wasn't cute enough to make me get a water starter. This is Silver all over again...
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7512
#348 Posted: 19:26:58 10/05/2016
I'm totally getting Moon, with Poppilo. <3
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3473
#349 Posted: 19:30:28 10/05/2016
Ughhh I can't decide which legendary is better. Solgaleo looks so majestic and awesome, but at the same time we already have a few other lions. Lunaala looks good, but I already have Yveltal who has a similar design, so I think I'll stick with Sun version
---
B O N D R E W D D I D N O T H I N G W R O N G
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 8982
#350 Posted: 19:32:07 10/05/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03

That's not a very good scenario, in my opinion. Because then the water starter would lose its weakness to the grass starter and gain STAB in a type that Rowlet has a 4x weakness to. Ignoring the multiplayer metagame, that would make Popplio the most broken starter to use for the single player story in probably all of the generations.

And if it IS somehow Water/Ice, then in order to create a balance with the secondary types like XY did, Litten would need to be Fire/Fighting... and I'm sure no one wants that. ;>.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
First | Previous | Page 7 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me