Forum

Poll

Favourite CTR:NF Spyro skin?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The All-Purpose Pokémon Topic V2
First | Previous | Page 3 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50
The All-Purpose Pokémon Topic V2 [CLOSED]
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6378
#101 Posted: 22:09:00 20/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Why would we get another deer legendary? lol
---
A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage.
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3280
#102 Posted: 22:16:40 20/04/2016
I hope it's constellation based.
Maybe something like Aurelian Sol from LoL

Astral abilities
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7512
#103 Posted: 22:18:00 20/04/2016
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Why would we get another deer legendary? lol

why do we have like 8 dragon legendaries, 5 birds, 3 dogs and hunks of ice, steel, rock and whatever the hell regigas is.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#104 Posted: 22:25:28 20/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: parisruelz12
why do we have like 8 dragon legendaries, 5 birds, 3 dogs and hunks of ice, steel, rock and whatever the hell regigas is.

All of the those cases can easily be narrowed down to the following;
1. They're a trio, so it makes sense that they're similar animals.
2. A lot more can be done from a design perspective with that animal. (Especially if they're a mythical animal, such as dragons)

I'm not trying to insult your idea - and I apologize if it seems that way - but it wouldn't make much sense to have another deer legendary so soon after the last one.

Edit: Apologies, didn't notice the association with the moon that was made.
However, I feel that less interesting things can be done with animals like deer from a design perspective since deer are overall the same animal.
(Unlike dragons, who - do to their mythical origins - can have various designs and appearances without being the exact same thing)

Animals such as birds are understandable, to an extent, since there are so many varieties of birds in the world.
(Many of which are drastically different from one another, as an added note)
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 22:39:13 20/04/2016 by Sesshomaru75
#105 Posted: 22:38:45 20/04/2016

2. A lot more can be done from a design perspective with that animal. (Especially if they're a mythical animal, such as dragons)

I'm not trying to insult your idea - and I apologize if it seems that way - but it wouldn't make much sense to have another deer legendary so soon after the last one.

However, I feel that less interesting things can be done with animals like deer from a design perspective since deer are overall the same animal.
(Unlike dragons, who - do to their mythical origins - can have various designs and appearances without being the exact same thing)

I know..
I'm sorry if I seemed..upset
---
#106 Posted: 22:41:00 20/04/2016 | Topic Creator
I know..
I'm sorry if I seemed..upset

No, no, it's okay. You didn't seem that way, so don't worry. smilie I apologize if I came off as rude with my post, as that wasn't my intention.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:41:40 20/04/2016 by Sesshomaru75
Wham-Shell Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3530
#107 Posted: 01:49:17 21/04/2016

Animals such as birds are understandable, to an extent, since there are so many varieties of birds in the world.
(Many of which are drastically different from one another, as an added note)

I, for one liked the dragon legendaries, I thought they were creative and awesome in a sense that no other pokemon has really ever done before. I also feel like they needed to fill a gap, because dragon-type pokemon at the time were what? Dragonite and Kingdra? Then in Ruby/Sapphire we get Salamance and Rayquaza. Those were some cool dragon types. We then got Palkia and Dialga, Giratina, Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyurem, and not to mention some cool dragon types in between. I also agree that they get a wider creative perspectie with dragons, just because of how many there were in lore. You have your European-style dragons, Chinese Dragons, Water Dragons, (etc.)

My point is I really liked the new dragon types and I certainly hope they expand on some more legendary dragons in the near future smilie
---
I made this account in 2012, I will PAY to have a name change please
pankakesparx456 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7467
#108 Posted: 01:57:17 21/04/2016
If it's Greek themed then CYCLOPS POKEMON PLZ NINTENDO
---
Cool cool.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#109 Posted: 02:06:12 21/04/2016
Quote: pankakesparx456

GORGON TOO PLEEEEEEZE.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3552
#110 Posted: 02:06:46 21/04/2016
Quote: pankakesparx456

i'm here thanks
---
you never saw me
#111 Posted: 02:11:24 21/04/2016
okay

Legendary based off of greek myths.

Sun's could be based of of Cerberus and Moon might be a Chimera
---
Wham-Shell Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3530
#112 Posted: 00:58:28 22/04/2016
okay

Wasn't Cerberus the dog of the Underworld?Why would he be associated with the sun smilie
---
I made this account in 2012, I will PAY to have a name change please
Seiki Emerald Sparx Gems: 4923
#113 Posted: 02:06:19 22/04/2016
Quote: Wham-Shell Fan
okay

Wasn't Cerberus the dog of the Underworld?Why would he be associated with the sun smilie

Cause FIAH!!!
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4203
#114 Posted: 02:37:29 22/04/2016
Well I think Solgaleo is more lion then dog-like so I guess the Nemean Lion is a better comparison
#115 Posted: 02:46:37 22/04/2016
Quote: Wham-Shell Fan
okay

Underworld=hell=fire=sun
---
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5385
#116 Posted: 02:03:23 23/04/2016
Well, we may very well have our Starter names now. Mokuroh, Nyabby, and Ashimari.

Thoughts? Personally, I'm gonna say this is real. Obviously I'm gonna take everything with a grain of salt, but I'm thinking these are very plausible.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
HeyitsHotDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 5591
#117 Posted: 02:11:29 23/04/2016
Quote: 84skylanderdude
Well, we may very well have our Starter names now. Mokuroh, Nyabby, and Ashimari.

Thoughts? Personally, I'm gonna say this is real. Obviously I'm gonna take everything with a grain of salt, but I'm thinking these are very plausible.

They look good if real. A manatee, a bird and some kind of dog (<3). Kinda repetitive with another canine but I'm more than fine with it.

It's possible.
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
#118 Posted: 03:16:37 23/04/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

They look good if real. A manatee, a bird and some kind of dog (<3). Kinda repetitive with another canine but I'm more than fine with it.

It's possible.

Well, the visual interpretations are obviously fanmade based on the names. They could very well be something completely different.

EDIT: Had a bunch of ideas for the return of seasons. My ideas are all listed here.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:54:12 23/04/2016 by 84skylanderdude
#119 Posted: 04:09:15 23/04/2016
Ox, Tiger, Snake, Rabbit, Horse, Sheep

These are our fire starter choices as the fire starter is always an animal from the chinese zodiac
---
#120 Posted: 16:13:28 23/04/2016
Quote: Lunarz

These are our fire starter choices as the fire starter is always an animal from the chinese zodiac

Cyndaquil and Fennekin are not from the Zodiac. It can be anything.
---
#121 Posted: 16:14:22 23/04/2016

Don't they represent Rat and Dog?
I know they're not exactly a rat and a dog, but they're close enough.
---
Check this out! Please?
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2917
#122 Posted: 16:23:41 23/04/2016
I want a tiger ._.
#123 Posted: 16:25:57 23/04/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03

No, you're stretching the truth to try and prove an arbitrary and already disproven theory.
---
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#124 Posted: 16:34:24 23/04/2016

Yes, they roughly represent rat and dog.

Cyndaquil: The Mouse Pokemon, mice are very close to rats (just cuter and without the tail and other differences. ) and both are rodents
Fennekin: Obviously a fox, fox are canines which kinda allows it to fit the dog part of the Fire Pokemon Zodiac.

The rest are as follows
Tepig: Pig (Obvious is obvious)
Torchic: Rooster
Chimchar: Monkey
Dragon: Charmander (But he doesn't fully represent it until his final stage)
Sheep: None (Can see pure fire)
Horse: None (While we do have Rapidash, I wouldn't mind this as it could be a fire/rock type with like molten horseshoes.)
Snake: None (Would be cool and they could have it become a hydra of sorts but obviously would become fire/poison)
Rabbit: None (Pure fire?)
Tiger: None (I want this soooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Ox: None (Fire/steel type?)
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:35:57 23/04/2016 by Windumup
#125 Posted: 17:17:24 23/04/2016

No, you're stretching the truth to try and prove an arbitrary and already disproven theory.

Lmao people are allowed to have theories

Cyndaquil is the Mouse pokemon and while not exclusively based on a mouse or rat, it I'd clearly a rodent, ergo a rat.
Fennekin is a fox and foxes are part of the can is family which dogs are part of

How is this disproven? Because they aren't directly a rat and a dog? Isn't it a bit oddly coincidental that after 25 years and six gens we've only got fire starters representing the Chinese zodiac?
---
#126 Posted: 17:54:52 23/04/2016
Cyndaquil is based on a porcupine and evolves to resemble a honey badger. For some reason, it's classified as the Mouse Pokemon so there's that.

Fennekin, however, does not represent the dog. Foxes are related to dogs, yes, but that doesn't mean they ARE dogs. Prior to Gen 6, everyone was also saying that the Grass starter had to be a reptile, remember? Clearly these are not real rules. The reptile thing was disproven and the Zodiac thing can be just as easily. It's stretching it a bit to say that Fennekin represents the dog.

It just bugs me when people state for a fact that Fire starters 100% MUST represent an animal on the Zodiac. There's no evidence to back it up. Game Freak will base the Fire starter off of whatever they want. They're not gonna look to the Zodiac.
---
#127 Posted: 18:09:20 23/04/2016
The Zodiac fire theory works until they either run out of zodiac animals, use one of them twice, or use one that cannot be fit into the theory in any shape or form.
---
#128 Posted: 18:26:21 23/04/2016
Cyndaquil is based on a porcupine and evolves to resemble a honey badger. For some reason, it's classified as the Mouse Pokemon so there's that.

Fennekin, however, does not represent the dog. Foxes are related to dogs, yes, but that doesn't mean they ARE dogs. Prior to Gen 6, everyone was also saying that the Grass starter had to be a reptile, remember? Clearly these are not real rules. The reptile thing was disproven and the Zodiac thing can be just as easily. It's stretching it a bit to say that Fennekin represents the dog.

It just bugs me when people state for a fact that Fire starters 100% MUST represent an animal on the Zodiac. There's no evidence to back it up. Game Freak will base the Fire starter off of whatever they want. They're not gonna look to the Zodiac.

From what I'm reading, Fennec Foxes comes from the Vulpes genus. (Which is where I'm assuming Vulpix got it's name) It's classification is Vulpes Zedra (Fox Fennec) and it's in the Canidae family. Which consists of all the dog species on earth.

Point is, you can't argue it's that it's not a dog. The Zodiac thing, I can say with certainty that the designers of Pokemon are basing the fire starters off of the Zodiac, which is quite easy to prove. Cyndaquil, it might be arguable, however, it's classified as the mouse Pokemon, so.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:43:26 23/04/2016 by parisruelz12
#129 Posted: 19:14:31 23/04/2016
You can observe that most of the Fire starters are at least loosely based on the Zodiac, yes. But that doesn't mean you should completely say with 100% certainty that they have to be Zodiac animals. That's just incorrect. They don't have to be anything. Hell, Sun and Moon could introduce Fighting, Steel, and Fairy starters. They can do what they want. So don't go saying something as arbitrary as that with 100% certainty and opposition to thinking otherwise.
---
LittleWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1715
#130 Posted: 19:35:27 23/04/2016
Just a statement. In TyranitarTube's video he stated that the Fire Starter was some sort of car, and if all of the Fire Starters are based on the off the Zodiac it should be a tiger. That would be amazing.
---
****ing hell its been a long time
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#131 Posted: 19:51:40 23/04/2016
[User Posted Image]

What about me?

Yeah, I know Growlithe's not a starter but still...
#132 Posted: 19:52:26 23/04/2016
Quote: LittleWizard
Just a statement. In TyranitarTube's video he stated that the Fire Starter was some sort of car, and if all of the Fire Starters are based on the off the Zodiac it should be a tiger. That would be amazing.

oh geez i didnt think there was a car in the zodiac wasnt it made before cars were invented?
---
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2917
#133 Posted: 21:17:49 23/04/2016

oh geez i didnt think there was a car in the zodiac wasnt it made before cars were invented?

think he meant cat buddy no reason to be a dick
#134 Posted: 21:26:52 23/04/2016

You're getting incredibly defensive for no reason at all. The facts check out, every fire started is based off the Chinese Zodiac, you 100% CANNOT disprove that. It's a safe bet to assume the next fire starter will do the same.

You're being incredibly condescending for no reason, especially towards someone who clearly made a typo. Simmer down, it's okay for people to have theories you dont' agree with,
---
#135 Posted: 21:26:53 23/04/2016
Quote: Ninpire

Think it was a joke buddy, no reason to be a dick.
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#136 Posted: 21:59:48 23/04/2016
Note to self: if you ever post a Pokemon theory, be aware that someone is bound to disapprove of it and your opinions. Severly.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#137 Posted: 22:30:46 23/04/2016 | Topic Creator
84, why are you so keen on starting arguments over silly things and being a jerk about it?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:52:38 23/04/2016 by Sesshomaru75
#138 Posted: 23:43:26 23/04/2016

That one typo makes me want a fire/steel car Pokemon
Driftspark -> Wheelaze -> Roadburn

10/10 would run
---
#139 Posted: 00:22:48 24/04/2016
I really want a Fire tiger starter. I wouldn't even care if they made it a Fire/Fighting type again.
---
Check this out! Please?
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#140 Posted: 00:43:05 24/04/2016
Fire/Rock. Water/Electric. Grass/Dark. Starters~
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Seiki Emerald Sparx Gems: 4923
#141 Posted: 01:32:25 24/04/2016
I honestly want a Fire starter that doesn't relate to the the Zodiac just so arguments over whether it's coincidence or an actual thing can stop.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3301
#142 Posted: 02:50:35 24/04/2016
I'd like some mono type started tbh.
#143 Posted: 02:57:28 24/04/2016
Okay, I've got another theory as to three Pokemon that could potentially get Mega Evolutions in Sun and Moon:
Meganium, Typhlosion, and Feraligatr.
Why do I think these three? Well, because of all the regions, Kalos was the most similar to Kanto, and they even had the Kanto Starter Pokemon available to the player in that game, all three of which got mega evolutions. So, assuming this trend shall continue, this region could wind up being the Johto to Kalos' Kanto, which in term would mean making the Johto starters available to the player, er go giving them mega evolutions as well. Plus, I think it's somewhat likely that all starter Pokemon will get mega evolutions at some point. And since I don't see them remaking Gold and Silver a second time, I think Sun and Moon are the best places for these megas to be introduced in.

Not too solid a theory, but thought I'd share it.
---
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:58:42 24/04/2016 by AdamGregory03
#144 Posted: 03:17:02 24/04/2016
I apologize if I came off as a jerk. That was not my intention whatsoever. In short, I was just irritated by how Lunarz said it had to be an animal from the Zodiac. Because, it doesn't have to be anything. I'm not good at translating my thought process into words, so I'll end this here. I hope you can somewhat understand what I'm trying to convey. I'm not at all saying it hasn't followed that pattern for a good amount of time, because it has. But that doesn't mean it has to be from the Zodiac. It can be anything. Again, as I said above, they could switch the starters to Fighting/Steel/Fairy if they please.
---
#145 Posted: 07:20:29 24/04/2016
gosh, im so sorry that im entitled to an opinion that you dont have to believe or acknowledge
---
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3660
#146 Posted: 19:20:10 24/04/2016
This picture is on 4chan and it matches up with the trademarked names based on the translations of cat, crow and seal.[User Posted Image]
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#147 Posted: 19:21:27 24/04/2016
PleaseberealPleaseberealPleaseberealPleasebereal
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3660
#148 Posted: 19:26:32 24/04/2016
Quote: yelvy
PleaseberealPleaseberealPleaseberealPleasebereal

Which would you pick? I'd go for water for sure... At least in terms of this, final forms and secondary typing are really what matter to me.
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
#149 Posted: 19:28:28 24/04/2016
Quote: sprocketrocket
This picture is on 4chan and it matches up with the trademarked names based on the translations of cat, crow and seal.[User Posted Image]

When was it posted?
---
TacoMakerSkys Emerald Sparx Gems: 4816
#150 Posted: 19:34:58 24/04/2016
Quote: Ninpire

Think it was a joke buddy, no reason to be a dick.

He wasn't being a dick?
---
words. letters. filler.
First | Previous | Page 3 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me