Forum

Poll

Favourite CTR:NF Spyro skin?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The All-Purpose Pokémon Topic V2
First | Page 2 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50
The All-Purpose Pokémon Topic V2 [CLOSED]
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6378
#51 Posted: 22:23:01 12/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Ugh... This has gotten to a ridiculous level of trolling at this point.
---
A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage.
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5385
#52 Posted: 22:37:21 12/04/2016
This is most definitely fake, but it looks so cool I had to post it. It's supposed to be Sun Xerneas and Moon Yveltal.

[User Posted Image]
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#53 Posted: 23:02:34 12/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Those actually look pretty cool. smilie
---
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#54 Posted: 23:14:12 12/04/2016
Quote: 84skylanderdude
This is most definitely fake, but it looks so cool I had to post it. It's supposed to be Sun Xerneas and Moon Yveltal.

[User Posted Image]

Totally fake.
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4203
#55 Posted: 23:44:58 12/04/2016
^Still pretty cool nevertheless. I particularly like what they did with Xerneas. I feel like that color works really well with his natural blue
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#56 Posted: 01:54:45 13/04/2016
Quote: FireMeowth
I'm almost 100% sure that the talon/gem/rock thing you're seeing is just these:
[User Posted Image]

I know about the gems from the logo, but the odd thing is the logo is NOT what I am staring at. Meaning it's part of the legendary (obviously)
It can also be my mind trying to focus on the blur
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4203
#57 Posted: 01:58:09 13/04/2016
I honestly just see the logos and nothing else. It looks like the Sun logo is on fire and I can't make out the Moon logo in it's entirety, only the blue moon shape.

But I just realized. The colors are a bright orangeish yellow for Sun and a purple for Moon. Here I thought it was just orange and blue but it looks like there's more depth to them.
#58 Posted: 21:24:46 13/04/2016
The artist released an HD image of Solar Xerneas and Lunar Yveltal. I'm absolutely in love with these designs.

[User Posted Image]
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3280
#59 Posted: 15:49:16 15/04/2016
So uh...Today, I'm like "I wonder if they'll ever do a live action pokemon movie" Look it up, literally, TODAY, bidding started on it

I HAVE ABILITIES, IF I DIDN'T LOOK THIS UP IT WOULDNT HAVE HAPPENED

I AM THE ONE TRUE ARCEUS

ALSO HOLY **** THIS IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING, I HOPE IT'S DARK

Who do you want to win the bid?

http://www.comingsoon.net/movi...n-pokemon-movie
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3552
#60 Posted: 16:01:27 15/04/2016
I just hope that Magneton is brought back tbh
---
you never saw me
#61 Posted: 16:29:31 15/04/2016
Live Action Pokemon Movie?!!!!!!!! HYPE!!!!!!! Now the question is, can the protagonist of the movie not be Ash? I would love it if the main character was a new movie exclusive character.
---
Seiki Emerald Sparx Gems: 4923
#62 Posted: 20:01:42 15/04/2016
Hmm.... I wouldn't mind if Warner Bros got the rights.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#63 Posted: 20:12:14 15/04/2016 | Topic Creator
I don't know how to feel about this, tbh.
---
#64 Posted: 21:02:15 15/04/2016
They better not put Ash in it. Ash is a scrub.
---
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7512
#65 Posted: 21:03:56 15/04/2016
Quote: Lunarz
So uh...Today, I'm like "I wonder if they'll ever do a live action pokemon movie" Look it up, literally, TODAY, bidding started on it

I AM THE ONE TRUE ARCEUS

Why? They'd lose their child friendly demigraphic.

...Which is what Pokemon was built off of.. .___.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#66 Posted: 21:16:46 15/04/2016
Quote: parisruelz12

I AM THE ONE TRUE ARCEUS

Why? They'd lose their child friendly demigraphic.

...Which is what Pokemon was built off of.. .___.

The Manga is fairly dark, I think if they took the manga material and transferred it onscreen it would be amazing.
---
somePerson Platinum Sparx Gems: 5546
#67 Posted: 21:26:47 15/04/2016
I hope they redesign the Pokemon to make it look like realistic CG monsters rather than using out of place cartoony CG monsters. Kinda like
[User Posted Image]
Or
[User Posted Image]
#68 Posted: 00:15:51 16/04/2016
^ I love that guy's work. He's an amazing artist.
---
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#69 Posted: 00:53:54 16/04/2016
A live action Pokémon movie...I'm ok with it, as long they make a new Protagonist and a all new and original story.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#70 Posted: 03:17:59 16/04/2016
I'm honestly torn about the idea of a live-action Pokemon movie... I mean, on one hand it sounds like it could be cool, but on the other hand... It could wind up being like Pixels...
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 8982
#71 Posted: 04:30:28 16/04/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
I'm honestly torn about the idea of a live-action Pokemon movie... I mean, on one hand it sounds like it could be cool, but on the other hand... It could wind up being like Pixels...

^This. I don't want one. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#72 Posted: 07:26:24 16/04/2016
Quote: HIR
Quote: AdamGregory03

^This. I don't want one. >.>

But we already have a lot of crappy Pokemon material, i.e the anime movies

If they try and they fail at least we'll have something and at least they tried
---
#73 Posted: 07:29:58 16/04/2016 | Topic Creator

Excuse you?

The movies are easily the best thing about the anime by a long shot, and aren't crappy whatsoever as they have a lot more effort put into them.
---
#74 Posted: 09:18:28 16/04/2016
Quote: Sesshomaru75

Excuse you?

The movies are easily the best thing about the anime by a long shot, and aren't crappy whatsoever as they have a lot more effort put into them.

I looked at the movie scores, all the old ones have like 10% ratings and the newer ones are as high as 70%
It makes me wonder if I only like the old movies because of nostalgia or because they were newer and people reviewing the movies didnt like pokemon to begin with

Either way, my main gripe with the movies is it's just the same formula p much every time, meet a legendary that talks, help it cuz ash is the chosen one for some dumb reason, the end

That's why i loved Lucario and the Mystery of Mew and I think why it did the best out of all the movies, the animation was perfect, the story was sad and solid and made you care due to backstory and developing the characters, and they didn't need a legendary as a main (Mew was nowhere near the main in this movie)
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 09:35:22 16/04/2016 by Lunarz
#75 Posted: 12:53:54 16/04/2016
I had a dream last night where I went to an event where they showed Sun and Moon gameplay. I dont think there was anything significant, but I remember the battles and 3d but the overworld was back to sprites again for some reason.

Glad it wasn't real.
---
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#76 Posted: 22:20:22 16/04/2016
hoopa and the clash of ages was amazing and i will f i g h t anyone who says otherwise

i saw someone compare it to king kong vs. godzilla, but i feel like destroy all monsters or final wars would be a better comparison, maybe? just because of the amount of legendary pokemon/kaiju involved? then again i've only seen clips of those movies so far SO OH WELL

but yeah if you're going in for the plot why are you watching it for the plot

...but that's just one movie.

As for the idea of a live-action Pokemon movie.... Eeeeehhhhhhh...

Make it like the Speed Racer movie (where it embraces its roots and just is a lot of silly and cheesy fun instead of going for Darker and Edgier and likely becoming hilarious for all the wrong reasons) and I will rush to the theaters to buy my ticket without hesitation. Sure, it'll be trashed by critics, but I get the feeling the movie would likely be trashed by critics no matter which route they go.

And that guy who does the realistic Pokemon art... I'm gonna be honest: his art is great, but I tend to haaaaaaaaate his redesigns. Especially Mewtwo, and that '2spooky4me' picture of it encapsulates everything I don't like about 'realistic Pokemon designs' (I have to keep reminding myself that's Mewtwo and I'm not entirely sure why but I don't think it's a good thing).

Again, his art is great, but the concept of it just isn't my cup of tea and I don't think I'd want something like it for a live-action movie.

Truth be told, while I'm all for a Hollywood Pokemon movie, the more I think about it, the more I'd rather it be 3D animation and not live-action. I just don't really see the Pokemon world really translating well to live-action.

I was gonna ramble a bit about the manga, but I've got work to do. Toodles~
TacoMakerSkys Emerald Sparx Gems: 4816
#77 Posted: 23:26:19 16/04/2016
Quote: IsisStormDragon

isn't that why a majority of people watch movies
---
words. letters. filler.
#78 Posted: 00:26:56 17/04/2016
okay wOW
---
Iblistech Emerald Sparx Gems: 4802
#79 Posted: 00:28:32 17/04/2016
I'm down for a live action Pokemon film, as long as it doesn't turn out to be bad.
---
Hail to the King, baby!
#80 Posted: 00:29:37 17/04/2016
who deleted sP post? ;_____;
---
#81 Posted: 02:57:27 17/04/2016
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

i wouldn't know, since we live in a world where bayformers continues to make a lot of money

To answer that seriously... I was just talking about Hoopa and the Clash of Ages with that comment. Which really isn't a movie you want to watch for the plot, because you probably aren't going to enjoy it for that. If you're going into a movie that has 'watch all these Legendary Pokemon fight' as a selling point and expecting a 10/10 A+ plot, then... I don't know what to say.

There are some movies that you watch for the special effects/animation. And then there are the movies that you watch for good, well-crafted plots. And then there are those gems that excel in in both effects and plots, which are the best.

Plot-wise, Pokemon movies have always been hit or miss, but even so, they're fun to watch. In my opinion, of course.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:05:30 17/04/2016 by IsisStormDragon
#82 Posted: 20:52:15 17/04/2016
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

i wouldn't know, since we live in a world where bayformers continues to make a lot of money

To answer that seriously... I was just talking about Hoopa and the Clash of Ages with that comment. Which really isn't a movie you want to watch for the plot, because you probably aren't going to enjoy it for that. If you're going into a movie that has 'watch all these Legendary Pokemon fight' as a selling point and expecting a 10/10 A+ plot, then... I don't know what to say.

There are some movies that you watch for the special effects/animation. And then there are the movies that you watch for good, well-crafted plots. And then there are those gems that excel in in both effects and plots, which are the best.

Plot-wise, Pokemon movies have always been hit or miss, but even so, they're fun to watch. In my opinion, of course.

You say you'll fight anyone who dislikes the movie, then say the plot is garbage

I don't understand the contradiction
---
#83 Posted: 22:09:51 17/04/2016
The 'i will fight anyone' comment was a joke, actually. I like the movie, but I'm not going to fight anyone if they dislike it. People can think what they want.

And it's perfectly possible to really like a movie while admitting the plot isn't the best (see: most of the Godzilla movies and really, that genre in general; movies like the original Gojira are exceptions more often than not). And I never said the plot is garbage. Just that I don't think it's a movie you want to watch only for the plot because it's a very simple one (it's not a terrible plot, but it's also not 10/10 A+ wow this is amazing plot either).

Next time I make a joke, I'll just link to Humour Mode so people get it. You don't have to find the joke funny, just acknowledge it's a joke and move on.

But I am honestly not itching for a fight (again, that comment was a joke), so I'm just going to leave whatever this is with this post and go do something else. I apologize for any misunderstandings, but that's it.

EDIT: I thought my initial response was rude so I changed it. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:13:11 17/04/2016 by IsisStormDragon
pankakesparx456 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7467
#84 Posted: 22:29:34 17/04/2016
I honestly don't know how to feel about a live action Pokemon movie. I'd have to see what kind of crew they were going to get for it before I have a full opinion on it.

I think out of all the companies bidding for film rights, Legendary Pictures would be the best one to choose. I think they'd do a fantastic job with at least portraying the look and world of Pokemon, as they have shown they can do extremely well with creatures(such as Pacific Rim, Godzilla, or Jurassic World).

On another topic, fighting Shadow Mewtwo players on Pokken online is so freaking satisfying. Like no one has any idea how to properly use this character and it's hilarious because i'm owning them as a freaking Pikachu.
---
Cool cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:40:24 17/04/2016 by pankakesparx456
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2828
#85 Posted: 00:10:26 18/04/2016
I simply think a live action Pokemon movie can't end well...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:38:47 19/04/2016 by DummyZ
#86 Posted: 03:56:58 18/04/2016
lmao obviously it was a joke, me bringing it up was in referencing to you liking it

people can enjoy a movie that they know is bad but liking it and it being a good movie is a completely different thing

as for the movie legendary would do best most likely, unless universal gets into the mix
---
#87 Posted: 06:22:17 18/04/2016
^Ah! My apologies. I've been on edge all week so I didn't quite 'get' it at first. Now I do and am feeling rather silly. Haha.

Going to jump on the Legendary Pictures bandwagon. If a live-action movie must be made, then I think they're up to the task.

I'm not sure how I feel about Warner Bros, but I really am not keen on Sony Pictures because of their tendency for executive meddling and amazing mishandling of licenses they manage to get a hold of.

Plus when I think of live-action Pokemon and Sony Pictures in the same sentence, I get Smurfs movie war flashbacks. I have no idea why that is, but it scares me.
#88 Posted: 01:02:26 19/04/2016
Warner Bros getting the film rights would kind of be redundant, since they already had rights to distribute Pokemon at one point. But I definitely think they could handle it better than Sony. Why the Pokemon Company is letting Sony bid I have no idea, considering their track record with poorly handling popular licenses in recent years(Smurfs and Amazing Spider Man 2 immediately come to mind).

Legendary getting the rights to a Pokemon movie is pretty much a match made in heaven, especially since they're at their strongest and most popular when they make movies that are based around geek/nerd culture(for lack of better description). Why they didn't earn the rights to this sooner kind of surprises me, especially since the article that was posted says Legendary is The Pokemon Company's favorite of the choices right now.
---
Cool cool.
Seiki Emerald Sparx Gems: 4923
#89 Posted: 07:01:28 20/04/2016

Something I feel is worth sharing with you all. I rather like some of GlitchxCity's stuff, especially the Lavender Town remix.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#90 Posted: 14:52:08 20/04/2016
New trademarks for Solgaleo and Lunaala have been trademarked.
Sounds like legendary names if you ask me
---
#91 Posted: 15:12:12 20/04/2016
Quote: Windumup

Hmm...Don't sound like the usual names. Maybe they're the japanese names?
---
#92 Posted: 15:31:51 20/04/2016

They are translated names, but they do sound like they can be the english names.

Solgaleo is a mix of sol (latin for Sun) and galileo (must I explain who he was?)
Lunaala is a mix of luna (latin for moon) and ala (latin for wing)

So I can see the sun legend solgaleo being a Sun lion (Galeo pun? Considering leo means lion)
and the moon legend as some kind of moon flying creature (Most likely a dragon or flying type)
---
#93 Posted: 15:41:16 20/04/2016

Link?
---
#94 Posted: 16:01:10 20/04/2016
Quote: 84skylanderdude

Link?

http://www.pokebeach.com/2016/...gendary-pokemon
---
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3552
#95 Posted: 16:58:41 20/04/2016

They are translated names, but they do sound like they can be the english names.

Solgaleo is a mix of sol (latin for Sun) and galileo (must I explain who he was?)
Lunaala is a mix of luna (latin for moon) and ala (latin for wing)

So I can see the sun legend solgaleo being a Sun lion (Galeo pun? Considering leo means lion)
and the moon legend as some kind of moon flying creature (Most likely a dragon or flying type)

i like how so many people are predicting the bolded and now it seems like a possibility
---
you never saw me
somePerson Platinum Sparx Gems: 5546
#96 Posted: 21:27:47 20/04/2016
I don't honk we'll get a mascot dragon legendary for awhile because Black and White did it. Twice. If the names originate from Latin I hope that they make the Pokemon based off of Greek mythology because that would be ducking awesome. Like a Priapus Pokemon would make my list of top ten Pokemon.
#97 Posted: 21:54:20 20/04/2016
Maybe Cresselia will finally get some recognition lmao.
---
TacoMakerSkys Emerald Sparx Gems: 4816
#98 Posted: 21:56:36 20/04/2016

Well these are NEW names, and usually main mascot legendaries share names across regions so Solgaleo seems likely for English territories and Lunaala sounds either like Lunara/Lunala if translated for those same territories.
---
words. letters. filler.
#99 Posted: 21:58:44 20/04/2016
Maybe this means the new region also has some Greek influence?

I know it's a bit of a stretch since these are just legendary names but I think that'd be pretty cool to have a region based on Greece.
---
Cool cool.
#100 Posted: 22:05:18 20/04/2016
Okay, if it is a Greek themed game, here are a few ideas,

Moon:
-Another deer legendary for moon, as Artemis is the goddess of the hunt and associated with the moon.
-A horse legendary, based off of the one's Selene is depicted with.

All around
-An olive themed pokemon
---
First | Page 2 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me