Forum

Skylanders: Battlecast

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Odd things noticed in the game
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#1 Posted: 00:30:43 04/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Not official bugs so thought I would post differently but these are some things that are probably minor fixes or things I just find strange in the game.

1. Every monster in the game has at least one card. Often per element its 3 enemies with 1 unique spell/gear, then the one in the 3rd round has two, and then the final boss has three.
-Cruncher Chompy seems to be the only villain without one. Have never seen it cast a spell or gear unique to itself (minus special ability) in enough tries to think its significant. (has been reported to sancho9000)
-Captain Dreadbeard only has 1 unique spell so far (will keep trying), the other 7 who are in the 3rd and 6th rounds have 2 each. He has Hoist of the Century so far.

2. PvP, the only way you know you are playing someone real (non-bot) is when you can tell they are making delays in playing or just seeing the 10 coin bonus at the end. Wish it would indicate its a real person vs a bot, but as I said, I think I can tell early on.

3. Speaking of PvP, its definitely weird when a game is delayed, I think server or my internet speed wise, and the beginning of my turns are auto-generated by the computer. They choose what to do and then I am left to decide how to finish my turn (ie swapping or finishing the last crystal or two). This phenomenon does not happen often but its weird when it does.

4. Pop Fizz's special ability Strange Brew. Have yet to see the PvP opponent play it once. I think the only time I have seen it was a real person. I keep trying. The other 23 special abilities get played all the time, but Pop Fizz seems reluctant to use his. Its just odd. Hard to get that picture for my collection due to this.

5. Can't find real PvP opponents when I try. There are some folks I have tried to play against, we both hit ready at the same time, yet we both get bots. I wonder if the folks available to play on the NZ app is different than the Sweden one. Anyone ever intentionally get an opponent they are trying to get?

Apart from that, tried to make a level chart of how much coins it takes to level a card but it has varied so much I have given up. Also, trying to understand how many coins you get as a bonus if you gain a card you already have. Its 5 coins each if its from the 3 packs. Otherwise, if its level 10 or more, you can get from 20 to 60 coins depending on the type of card it is (regular, rare, epic) or if its a silver or gold card. I should make a chart of this. Definitely worth it to have your cards leveled so you get more money back from doubles.

Anything else folks find or interesting?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:31:29 04/04/2016 by lamoracke
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#2 Posted: 00:40:31 04/04/2016
Trivia is always cool!

Here's one: you can see Knight Mare's Traptanium Flamerge in the Tree Wrecked card. She's the only one that uses it in the series,after all. Wonder if they already have Dark/Light cards planned,since all other cameos from Skylanders in cards are from ones seen in this game.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
JJAtelier Blue Sparx Gems: 727
#3 Posted: 06:10:22 04/04/2016
I'm actually quite puzzled too about the bonus coins for leveling the cards up or opening dupes. Here's what I can gather:

Skylander rarity:
Common dupes offer 20 gold post-level 10. (Still unsure about level 20 result)
Rare dupes offer 40 gold post-level 10. (Still unsure about level 20 result)
Ultimates, I have no clue as they are super hard to open and take ages to level up.

Card rarity
Common dupes offer 5 gold post-level 10 (Still unsure about level 20 result)
Rare dupes offer 10 gold post level 10 (might have to correct me and still unsure about level 20)
Epic/Ultimate still yet discover since they are seldom to come by.

Still got a lot of nuts and bolts to find out but that's what I know to my current knowledge.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:12:11 04/04/2016 by JJAtelier
#4 Posted: 15:23:19 04/04/2016 | Topic Creator
I will start making a chart too. Only way can test is to write them down with booster/battle packs and the daily spin. The 3 card packs have given me 5 coins for common extras, 10 coins for rares and I have gotten 15 coins if a silver hologram double if you had it already silver. Means I need to update my checklist before I open booster packs to make sure I knew the level of my cards beforehand. Not a big deal to do that, I just have to remember.

Common cards - when silver - 20 coins
Common cards - when gold - 30 coins
Rare cards - when silver - 40 coins
Rare cards - when gold - 60 coins
Epic cards - when silver - 100 coins
Epic cards - when gold - 150 coins
Ultimate cards - when silver - 200 coins (unproven, math makes sense)
Ultimate cards - when gold - 300 coins

however, there are also other ones. When you get a level 10 boost card and already have gold or silver, its more reward. I imagine when you get a level 20 boost card, its even more. Those are harder to notice when you get them. I also wonder if the amount of coins differ if its a skylander card or not. I do not think so, but will try to keep track.
Edited 8 times - Last edited at 01:12:32 18/04/2016 by lamoracke
#5 Posted: 19:29:38 17/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Have finished my level tracker, well, most of it. I did not start this until after my skylanders that were common reached level 20. Thus, if anyone knows the exact level increases for skylanders that are common, perhaps they can let me know.

Regular Cards

common 1 through 9 - 50 coins
10-70, 11-100, 12-130, 13-160, 14-190, 15-220, 16-250, 17-280, 18-310, 19-340

rare cards 1 through 9 - 80 coins
10-100, 11-150, 12-190, 13-230, 14-280, 15-320, 16-370, 17-420, 18-460, 19-500

epic cards 1 through 9 - 150 coins
10-200, 11-290, 12-380, 13-460, 14-560, 15-650, 16-730, 17-820, 18-920, 19 - (probably ~1000)

ultimate cards 1 through 9 - 300 coins
10-400, 11-600, 12-760, 13-920, 14-1120, 15-1300, 16-1470, 17-1650, 18-1840, 19 - (probably ~2000)

Skylanders
commons 1 through 9
10-130?, 11-??, 12-250?, 13-?, 14-?, 15-?, 16-?, 17-?, 18-?, 19-?

rares 1 through 9 - 150 coins
same scale as the regular epic cards shown above

ultimate cards 1-9 - 600 coins
do not know any values over 9 yet but am pretty sure its twice as much as the regular ultimate cards

for a story mode fight, you gain 10 coins experience for each card in your deck you won a battle in. If you played and won a fight and used that card, you gain 20 coins. Until the recent update, it was 10, 20, or 30 experience but now its been lowered a little bit.
#6 Posted: 06:16:27 19/04/2016
I dont know if anyone's noticed but I do believe there's a daily cap of how much gold you can gain from PvP. After counting, I believe 10 wins is the breaking point where you won't gain anymore gold until next day.
#7 Posted: 15:12:35 19/04/2016 | Topic Creator
I have been wondering that same thing myself. I believe you are right, but not sure I have found this consistent or not. Some days it seems even less, or its just glitchy when it awards it or not. Hope it awards me a few more this morning, I want another battle pack.

I have noticed that my PvP quests reset the same time as my daily quests, which is 5 PM PST (at least for me) whereas my daily spin and 3 pack reset at midnight. Thusly right now I have no coins I can win in a PvP fight right now as I did them all last night.

Trying to find a real opponent so I can see if a real gamer id name is an exception to that max rule.

Okay, I definitely got an odd one today. I got a card in the game called Blast Wish. Its a special card for Ninjini that came about when I was doing a PVP fight and I used Sap of the Ancients with her. That card draws a character card for a skylander for 0 cost, every time before its been one of the normal cards like Leafy Greens but this time it was a special card that did 80 damage.

Totally new one on me. Glad I got its picture.

And now I have gotten one for Jet-Vac and Food Fight. Food Fight's is awesome. Jet-Vac has a great name of "temp name". Will try to see if all 24 characters have one of these.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:59:51 30/04/2016 by Buuzer
#8 Posted: 10:55:08 30/04/2016
New character cards? Well,we'll see how it goes and if we'll get them the normal way before I end up having to move stuff around on the wiki.
---
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#9 Posted: 11:00:56 30/04/2016
Quote: lamoracke
I have been wondering that same thing myself. I believe you are right, but not sure I have found this consistent or not. Some days it seems even less, or its just glitchy when it awards it or not. Hope it awards me a few more this morning, I want another battle pack.

I have noticed that my PvP quests reset the same time as my daily quests, which is 5 PM PST (at least for me) whereas my daily spin and 3 pack reset at midnight. Thusly right now I have no coins I can win in a PvP fight right now as I did them all last night.

Trying to find a real opponent so I can see if a real gamer id name is an exception to that max rule.

Okay, I definitely got an odd one today. I got a card in the game called Blast Wish. Its a special card for Ninjini that came about when I was doing a PVP fight and I used Sap of the Ancients with her. That card draws a character card for a skylander for 0 cost, every time before its been one of the normal cards like Leafy Greens but this time it was a special card that did 80 damage.

Totally new one on me. Glad I got its picture.

And now I have gotten one for Jet-Vac and Food Fight. Food Fight's is awesome. Jet-Vac has a great name of "temp name". Will try to see if all 24 characters have one of these.

Stop double or triple posting, just use the edit option.
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
#10 Posted: 14:05:29 30/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Surely if you are just trying to post to chastise and not comment on my actual information I am trying to add to the conversation, you can do that in a direct message. I will try to do better if that is a rule in the board as you are perhaps an admin, but I still feel you could do that in a more effective way.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:08:19 30/04/2016 by lamoracke
#11 Posted: 14:09:06 30/04/2016
It's part of the forum rules; unless you're bumping something it's better to edit since the notification shows up all the same.
Also, do the new cards have art?
---
#12 Posted: 14:12:07 30/04/2016 | Topic Creator
There is no art on these cards, heck, Jet-Vac does not even have a name yet, it says Temp Name. I cant seem to replicate these in non PVP fights, it seems unique to them. I hope they last long enough for me to discover potentially all 24.

Well, it is quite possible a developer has turned off this fun discovery of mine. I wish they would let me know if this is true. It makes me almost not want to post fun discoveries like level charts and this a little bit. Well, I can't get anymore. I found Jet Vac, Snap Shot, Jawbreaker, Ninjini and Food Fight before it was possibly turned off. Thus, left to speculate about how these cards will come out in future expansions or what they are for. I wanted to find all 24, it would have been cool to see them. Failed on numerous times to get Hot Head, Spyro, Stormblade, Pop Fizz and Smash Hit afterwards.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:07:30 01/05/2016 by lamoracke
#13 Posted: 17:27:40 01/05/2016
It's possible they were turned off since no art and only one weird way of activating means really big opening for glitches. They could've also been left in by accident for testing and removed for the same reason.
---
#14 Posted: 18:06:49 01/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Its true, but I love finding these kind of things, I wish I maybe had tried to see more of them before posting. Obviously it opens up questions about expansions or possible new things some day.
#15 Posted: 09:10:00 02/05/2016
I've noticed there seems to be a huge influx of players on iOS since I play between Android & iOS. I don't know why but I always seem to notice their hand flickering through their cards yet their battlecast ID are the usual anonymous two name nouns & digits. No matter when during day, morning, afternoon and evening. There always seems to be a player around.

On Android however, I encounter the same thing with the battlecast ID but the player never seems to be shuffling through their cards, I can only assume I'm playing vs AI but it seems odd there's this discrepancy between the two platforms.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:10:15 02/05/2016 by JJAtelier
#16 Posted: 15:12:38 02/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Most of the time the players with "skylanderA""XXXX" are bots, but some of them am convinced are real. KnightLight2288 or something like that is one, he pauses and plays well and does not make the same patterns that a bot does. Yeah, am definitely seeing a few more real characters. Sometimes I like the bots better as I often play with not my "A" army and I have cards in my deck I want to level up. If I knew in advance it was a real person, especially a tough competitor, I would use a different deck and team most times.
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13898
#17 Posted: 23:30:28 07/05/2016
I also got one of those odd cards today for Roller Brawl while using Sap of the Ancients. "Tag, You're It!" - "Roller Brawl attacks the active enemy. Swap out Roller Brawl."

[User Posted Image]
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
#18 Posted: 00:24:42 08/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Ooh, awesome. I had gotten Jawbreaker (Volatile Arc), Snap Shot (Croc Shot), Ninjini (Blast Wish), Tree Rex (Root of Strength) and then the Jet Vac before the mechanism possibly closed.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me