Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Official PPG Disscussion [CLOSED]
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#1 Posted: 22:15:58 03/04/2016 | Topic Creator
So who is excited for the reboot!!! Also who likes my new avatar!... To get one like it go here https://www.powerpuffyourself....owerpuff/create
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#2 Posted: 00:03:04 04/04/2016
im betting 20 bucks it'll be the next TTG
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#3 Posted: 00:33:05 04/04/2016
the mini episodes suck and they sound nothing like the PPG
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#4 Posted: 01:19:37 04/04/2016
This is the closest I could get to making my PPA look like me:

[User Posted Image]

I'm pretty excited about the reboot. smilie
---
Hail to the King, baby!
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#5 Posted: 02:18:26 04/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Iblistech
This is the closest I could get to making my PPA look like me:

[User Posted Image]

I'm pretty excited about the reboot. smilie

Cool!
[User Posted Image]
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:27:21 04/04/2016 by sprocketrocket
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#6 Posted: 02:58:03 04/04/2016
I have given my Fair Share of Opinions about this Reboot on other places...i only have two opinions of the conterversial.

I don't mind the voice changes because i grew up with the latin spanish dub, since i don't really live in the U.S. The Animation is ok, Not bad or Terrible, just simplisticly ok.

[User Posted Image] It doesn't really look like me but it doesn't have enough customazation.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#7 Posted: 00:27:47 05/04/2016
why not, not planning on watching it but it looks okay
[User Posted Image]
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3408
#8 Posted: 22:01:16 05/04/2016
I think this is just as good as the original.

Princess is just as cute as the original AND the anime.

Yes, I like Princess Morebucks, she is one of my favorite Powerrpuff baddies....along with Mojo Jojo, Fuzzy Pumpkins and HIM!

As for the new voices, I am willing to give these three a shot: they do their best, and maybe, they might rival Cavadini, Strong and Daly.
I know the latter three are classics, but I think we might give the new trio a shot of things.

And about the Teen Titans Go thing, if that does happen, danger will strike....
---
My Watery Warriors: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smilie smiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:22:19 07/04/2016 by SkylandrPurists
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12151
#9 Posted: 00:39:04 08/04/2016
i watched it and here's my review
#10 Posted: 18:37:26 16/04/2016
I just saw a clip of the new PPG, its as I though, exactly like Teen Titans Go, except with more recent MEMEZ.

Can we stop ruining old, good TV shows with these more "hip and cool" reboots? I know SU has memes, but the thing is, it's subtle, rarely used and the comedy doesn't rely religiously on dead internet jokes.
---
#11 Posted: 10:59:02 20/04/2016
Quote: parisruelz12
I just saw a clip of the new PPG, its as I though, exactly like Teen Titans Go, except with more recent MEMEZ.

Can we stop ruining old, good TV shows with these more "hip and cool" reboots? I know SU has memes, but the thing is, it's subtle, rarely used and the comedy doesn't rely religiously on dead internet jokes.

Okay, I'm already asking questions.

What episode has a meme? I have seen every episode so far, and I have not seen a single meme? (Well, I don't really know that much about memes, but I still don't get it)

Also, I know it's opinion based, but the only thing I have noticed that is in common between this and Teen Titans Go (besides them "trying" to bring stuff from one generation's childhood into the next generation) is that I have found only ONE really decent episode of each (Opposites/Princess Buttercup, again, opinion) Most episodes of both shows are pretty bleh to me, there are some really downright bad episodes. Is it actually similar to TTG? I mean, where's the overabundance and overcrowding on CN? Where's the grossout? Where's the episode where they lure in people with a character from the original show but perform the bait-and-switch? Also, did TTG ever had to rely on memes?

Sorry, just some questions that befuddle me.

I am more excited for The Loud House; an upcoming Nickelodeon show.
---
My Watery Warriors: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smilie smiliesmilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:57:11 20/04/2016 by SkylandrPurists
#12 Posted: 21:00:39 20/04/2016
Quote: SkylandrPurists

Okay, I'm already asking questions.

What episode has a meme? I have seen every episode so far, and I have not seen a single meme? (Well, I don't really know that much about memes, but I still don't get it)

Also, I know it's opinion based, but the only thing I have noticed that is in common between this and Teen Titans Go (besides them "trying" to bring stuff from one generation's childhood into the next generation) is that I have found only ONE really decent episode of each (Opposites/Princess Buttercup, again, opinion) Most episodes of both shows are pretty bleh to me, there are some really downright bad episodes. Is it actually similar to TTG? I mean, where's the overabundance and overcrowding on CN? Where's the grossout? Where's the episode where they lure in people with a character from the original show but perform the bait-and-switch? Also, did TTG ever had to rely on memes?

Sorry, just some questions that befuddle me.

Oh. The meme's are very evident.

It's similar in the sense that it's trying to hard to be funny, and that's what I hate about it. It's not really that similar to TTG, but it certain has some parallels.

and those voices are like fingernails on chalkboard, and they don't remotely sound similar to the old people. >.<
---
#13 Posted: 00:01:24 21/04/2016
Quote:
and those voices are like fingernails on chalkboard, and they don't remotely sound similar to the old people. >.<

As for the new voices, I am willing to give these three a shot: they do their best, and maybe, they might rival Cavadini, Strong and Daly.
I know the latter three are classics, but I think we might give the new trio a shot of things.

Ehhh, to be fairly blunt with you, I thought the original three voice actresses for the girls were pretty okay. I didn't really grow up with the show (I first got into it in 2012, but even then I am more interested in the villains than the actual Powerpuffs).

I know where you are going with this, though.

Also, for the meme thing. It IS nonsensical. I don't get the "twerking" thing from Painbow, and the face Bubbles made in Tiara Trouble. THAT FACE!

I was freaked out by the faces from SpongeBob's Face Freeze and Adventure Time's Ocean of Fear, but despite the lack of wrinkles, the face seems RIDICULOUSLY NIGHTMARISH!!!

Now where's Princess when I need her? smilie? smilie?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:15:10 22/04/2016 by SkylandrPurists
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12151
#14 Posted: 01:00:08 23/04/2016

I've seen leaks of The Loud House, and it's pretty good! It's a bit of a breath of fresh air from modern cartoons. It's very simple.
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#15 Posted: 22:17:05 23/04/2016
I personally want to give this show a chance and am still waiting for Sedusa to return since I heard that Jennifer Hale is confirmed back to reprise her role as her. Now as for the new villains I hate to admit it, but they're all terrible. How can these new villains not have the charm on these original rogues who aren't even all that complex? Hopefully they can get better and maybe even team up with the older rogues that would be kinda cool.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#16 Posted: 15:18:53 24/04/2016
Quote: Carmelita Fox

I've seen leaks of The Loud House, and it's pretty good! It's a bit of a breath of fresh air from modern cartoons. It's very simple.

I think it would be a pretty funny show!

But back to Powerpuff Girls front, As for bad episodes, I personally do not like The Stayover. I think it is pretty disgusting in some moments, wrong in others, and just stupid.

Remember my Teen Titans Go (Away) forum? Well, I've actually updated it to also include people's least favorite PPG reboot episodes as well.

Sorry if mentioning your own forum on another's is considered "unethical".
---
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#17 Posted: 06:34:48 26/04/2016
I am considering making a new villain tier list for the new series as I love villains, but these villains are definitely not as charming or memorable as the older villains especially Sedusa.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#18 Posted: 16:29:37 27/04/2016
OKAY! I have had it with Powerpuff reboot haters on YouTube. I mean, (parisrulez12, this doesn't really apply to you), it just feels like everyone is just ranting on the show JUST BECAUSE OF THE TWERKING AND THE NO ME GUSTA NIGHTMARE FACE OF DOOM.

okay, okay, so it's more than that.

I understand if the show doesn't appeal to you in some way (Looking at you Gravity Falls, Steven Universe and friends). At least when I don't like the show, I don't say "it is ruining my opinion on the network." But the two "jokes" in the episodes are just jokes that throw in modern day humor in it.

Basically, this is how I feel about all this nonsense.
smilierigin()/pre15/2a3e/th/pre/f/2016/047/2/b/my_response_to_haters_who_don_t_learn_by_blackrhinoranger-d9s2mgl.jpg" alt="[User Posted Image]" />
---
#19 Posted: 22:23:32 27/04/2016
It's not just the two jokes.

Its everything the show is, that it stands for. Its ****ty animation, the fact that the original voice actresses weren't even considered to reprise their roles. The ****ty story telling and their jokes overall. It wasn't just those two. There are memes littered in the series and there are still more to come. Its obvious that Cartoon Network doesn't give a flying **** about what it produces anymore. Wanna know why? It shoves garbage like TTG and PPG down our goddamn throats while other shows (SU, Adventure Time, Uncle Grandpa, Clarence and Gumball) all get a week long of premieres and then shoved aside for these cancerous pieces of anus. What I'm saying is that the way the network treats these shows is baffling, and it's really beginning to piss people off.

So, yeah, PPG and TTG ARE ruining my opinion of Cartoon Network for obvious reasons. It's one of the reasons why I always watch any CN online so I don't support them.

It's continuing to prove to me that it is a bad show, not just because of the jokes, but everything else stated above.
---
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#20 Posted: 23:18:12 27/04/2016
Well, now it actually feels like the VAs weren't considered because they predicted they wouldn't accept the changes. Tara Strong expressed on twitter that she definately doesn't.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#21 Posted: 23:30:31 27/04/2016
Did you guys know there is ACTUALLY a city in Australia called Townsville?

I watched a pretty good review on the show on YouTube by a member named NICKtendo. I think he gave more thought on the review than some of the others I've seen, and yes, he actually did state that this might be like Teen Titans Go. (Well, Princess and Jinx, for starters). A funny thing about it, he gave the show a 6/10, but at the end, he gave it a 0/10 after a sales executive called Professor Utonium Professor PLUTONIUM! LOL!

Sorry about that, to me, this show is like Schrodigner's Cat of Cartoon Network. So, yeah!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:56:50 27/04/2016 by SkylandrPurists
#22 Posted: 23:56:54 27/04/2016
huh didn't know that.
---
#23 Posted: 23:31:52 30/04/2016
I just thought of something...What if they actually made a Teen Titans Go and Powerpuff Reboot crossover?

[User Posted Image]
---
#24 Posted: 23:45:03 30/04/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Well, now it actually feels like the VAs weren't considered because they predicted they wouldn't accept the changes. Tara Strong expressed on twitter that she definately doesn't.

Which basically tells me that CN is not able to take criticism. Its run by immature 12 year old's.
---
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#25 Posted: 00:14:30 01/05/2016
Return of Slade didn't make that obvious? Maybe not all of CN,but the people running this show definately.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#26 Posted: 11:51:18 01/05/2016
People running these two shows are immature tweens, yeah THAT makes sense.
---
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#27 Posted: 02:52:35 04/05/2016
i hate this new reboot.
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#28 Posted: 04:14:44 04/05/2016
i gave it a chance, my trust was broken
#29 Posted: 05:18:04 05/05/2016
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

(keep in mind that its just a rumor, but still)
---
#30 Posted: 11:02:56 05/05/2016
Couldnt have said better myself, Disgust! smilie

On a side note, the newest section of my Skylanders style FanFiction has the Purists fighting episodes from BOTH SHOWS? And that Disgust is one of the Purists?

You totally read my mind, dude! smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:12:55 05/05/2016 by SkylandrPurists
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#31 Posted: 11:09:56 05/05/2016
This is the WORST thing that could possibly happen!
#32 Posted: 19:35:16 05/05/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd
This is the WORST thing that could possibly happen!

(u did it wrong)

---
#33 Posted: 21:07:04 05/05/2016
V I don't get it. Is this a brony thing?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:08:09 05/05/2016 by SkylandrPurists
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#34 Posted: 01:43:28 06/05/2016
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

(keep in mind that its just a rumor, but still)

This better not happen at all. They're better left separate from each other.
---
Hail to the King, baby!
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#35 Posted: 06:42:53 23/05/2016
^ I haven't seen the new PPG (I don't know if it's even been aired in Australia yet, but I don't have access to CN anyway) buuuuuut if it's like TTG then ..... their both better left cancelled. :I
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#36 Posted: 13:00:23 02/07/2016
So boys and girls, how was the crossover special? Is it just as bad as you guys are stating it as? Should I send the Purists out to apprehend this episode?
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me