Page 1 of 1
Skylanders: Boomcast
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3552
#1 Posted: 08:42:11 03/04/2016 | Topic Creator
A return?
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#2 Posted: 11:33:35 03/04/2016
pleaseno.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#3 Posted: 12:50:00 03/04/2016
I'd love a place to showcase fanworks again but definately not that. The Short Cuts were a perfect display of how VV had no idea what Skylanders was about(because surely celebrities or funny mental disorders or cheating is what being a hero is about) and let's not start with the hosts.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#4 Posted: 13:03:03 03/04/2016
If they got a better host than that kid they had before and had some more clever writing to it, I wouldn't mind it coming back.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#5 Posted: 14:55:21 03/04/2016
I can see it now.

Today on Skylanders: Boomcast, we take a look at Thrillipede and Buzz Wing. Quite the cool combo, but sadly they won't be released. Still cool, though, right?

On the next Slylanders: Boomcast, we show you figures from Sky 6, which may or may not be released. Depends on if stores order product, or if Acti sends them out.

I don't see it coming back, honestly. This series is sinking... fast. By the time Skylanders Academy even airs, it may be too little too late for this once highly respected (at least in my eyes) series.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#6 Posted: 15:00:41 03/04/2016
Christ man, can you stay on topic for once instead of dragging your issues into them? Nobody cares what'll be shown in them,we're asking if it's worth bringing it back.

Also news flash, Skylanders Academy's season 1 script is finalized and network legalese is also done. It's coming out and we're getting previews anytime now.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:01:31 03/04/2016 by Bifrost
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#7 Posted: 15:56:31 03/04/2016
Quote: GameMaster78
I can see it now.

Today on Skylanders: Boomcast, we take a look at Thrillipede and Buzz Wing. Quite the cool combo, but sadly they won't be released. Still cool, though, right?

On the next Slylanders: Boomcast, we show you figures from Sky 6, which may or may not be released. Depends on if stores order product, or if Acti sends them out.

I don't see it coming back, honestly. This series is sinking... fast. By the time Skylanders Academy even airs, it may be too little too late for this once highly respected (at least in my eyes) series.

Off topic much?

Apparently The scripts for the TV show have been finalized, and we're supposed to be getting it any time now.

And why is it sinking fast? Because you say it is? Because of a couple sales?
---
Dead
#8 Posted: 16:28:07 03/04/2016
You guys got jokes. Let's see, topics about Boomcast, I talk about Boomcast. Man, guys, look, you guys gotta take varying opinions like adults. You guys can't expect everyone to be a hive mind and preach sunshine and rainbows about a heavily flawed brand that brought its issues upon itself.

Again, though, I made my point about why I don't see Boomcast coming back. If that's off topic in context to the created topic, I'd hate to see what constitutes real off topic posting.

Do you guys get paid for all the defense you give this brand? If so, where can I sign up? I won't do it for free, though.

Another thing I forgot to mention a it why I don't see it coming back, is because that dude who hosted it is old now. One could say, why not get Lou to do it properly something. Maybe they're not bringing it back, because they know this brands ship is about to sail? I mean, what's there to talk about when you drag your short yearly games out for so long that people question remaining releases? You think they're gonna talk about upcoming product or past product, when they can't even keep customers in the loop? That's just a waste of whatever resources remain at that point.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:29:00 03/04/2016 by GameMaster78
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#9 Posted: 16:32:32 03/04/2016
No.

Please no.

Zachary Gordon was already sentenced to lobster death. smilie
#10 Posted: 16:39:36 03/04/2016
You guys can't expect everyone to be a hive mind and preach sunshine and rainbows about a heavily flawed brand that brought its issues upon itself.

Said the person who says anyone defending the series is just being payed...

...in the exact same post, none the less.
---
Check this out! Please?
#11 Posted: 16:41:11 03/04/2016
@GM - You made no points,you just acted like a parrot again on your concerns on other crap that has nothing to do with 'is battlecast's content worth bringing back'. They didn't even use it for news at the time. Presenting an answer now after two people question is just silly, nobody should lecture a grown up on how to act on a forum thread. And then sidestepping around calling us white knights just means you're really grasping some straws to keep yourself relevant to the subject, which is not only derailing AGAIN but really sad.

Quote: ZapNorris
Zachary Gordon was already sentenced to lobster death. smilie

I kinda want to ask details but I'm not sure I should. Though asking for Lou to replace him wouldn't be a bad idea, dunno, he's been sounding more and more tired the more he has to repeat himself in videos(look at that Easter Egg video in comparison to his unboxings), he's at his funniest when he can always talk about a new figure or content. And I'm sure the next course of action would be call a youtuber, and that option would most likely be one of the guys that makes me want to claw out my ears whenever I have to rely on them for news.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:41:57 03/04/2016 by Bifrost
#12 Posted: 16:41:46 03/04/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
You guys can't expect everyone to be a hive mind and preach sunshine and rainbows about a heavily flawed brand that brought its issues upon itself.

Said the person who says anyone defending the series is just being payed...

...in the exact same post, none the less.

I'm convinced gamemaster is just letting his kids help edit these posts.

Maybe now he'll sell that gold chop chop.

[User Posted Image]
#13 Posted: 16:55:26 03/04/2016
Okay, to get back on topic, honestly, with the TV series coming out, I don't really see any reason for Boomcast to come back. I mean, Boomcast was pretty much an advertisement on the series. And the TV show would probably be the exact same thing, except it'll probably do that job way better with Boomcast, providing stories and giving reasons to actually care about these characters. That is, assuming that the TV series winds up being good. I mean, for all we know it could be a pile of rubbish.
---
Check this out! Please?
#14 Posted: 16:57:32 03/04/2016
Okay, to get back on topic, honestly, with the TV series coming out, I don't really see any reason for Boomcast to come back. I mean, Boomcast was pretty much an advertisement on the series. And the TV show would probably be the exact same thing, except it'll probably do that job way better with Boomcast, providing stories and giving reasons to actually care about these characters. That is, assuming that the TV series winds up being good. I mean, for all we know it could be a pile of rubbish.

Ashley Tisdale was cast as Stealth Elf, all hope is lost already
#15 Posted: 17:06:39 03/04/2016

Oh, right. Forgot about that.
---
Check this out! Please?
#16 Posted: 17:11:37 03/04/2016
Maybe we could have a Sonic Sez-esque credits sequence with game news.

...Actually scratch that wow that's a terrible idea.

But there were plenty of cast changes but plenty that stayed as well(Master Eon,Jet-Vac,Pop Fizz; there's also some others that I couldn't tell from the twitter handles). For all we know SE could be the single character nobody likes because of the voice and finally lose her flagship spot?
---
#17 Posted: 17:26:56 03/04/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Maybe we could have a Sonic Sez-esque credits sequence with game news.

...Actually scratch that wow that's a terrible idea.

But there were plenty of cast changes but plenty that stayed as well(Master Eon,Jet-Vac,Pop Fizz; there's also some others that I couldn't tell from the twitter handles). For all we know SE could be the single character nobody likes because of the voice and finally lose her flagship spot?

maybe ashley tisdale stealth elf isn't a bad idea
#18 Posted: 17:32:05 03/04/2016
Eruptor also got a voice change. But Jet-Vac(nice character development) and Pop Fizz(walking comic relief device) didn't, while Spyro(A+) sounds more or less the same.

Maybe I'm onto something.
---
#19 Posted: 17:37:00 03/04/2016
Eruptor also got a voice change. But Jet-Vac(nice character development) and Pop Fizz(walking comic relief device) didn't, while Spyro(A+) sounds more or less the same.

Maybe I'm onto something.

the fall of eruptor and stealth elf.
#20 Posted: 17:45:42 03/04/2016
@Bifrost, wait did you actually hear their voices somewhere?

--

Anyways, I feel Boomcast wasn't really that good anyways. I mean, the potential was there... But I mainly just skipped it to get to the short cut, if there was any.
---
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:47:09 03/04/2016 by AdamGregory03
#21 Posted: 17:50:42 03/04/2016
The second head writer made several tweets yesterday with the cast. Just use the left arrow since he did them in quick sucession, but don't ask me who some are, or who are Catherina O'Hara and the Metallica guy voicing.

I don't remember even watching much of Boomcast, just the first two episodes I think. Did they even dedicate any time to the fanart? Since I specifically remember sending something to them and having to sign an agreement and everything that they were allowed to put it up in a youtube series.
---
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#22 Posted: 18:14:35 03/04/2016
From what I can remember, they only featured a couple of things at a time. It would be something like "Look at this cool thing by ___" and such. They didn't dedicate much time at all, it was usually just shoved in near the end.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#23 Posted: 21:56:40 03/04/2016
The problem with Boomcast was never the content, it was that smug little idiot host.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#24 Posted: 22:23:51 03/04/2016
[...] 'is battlecast's content worth bringing back'.

You mean Boomcast smilie

Oh, right. Forgot about that.

Nobody wanted Ben Affleck for Batman, yet he did a very good job in Superman vs Batman regardless of what people think of the film as a whole, so it could turn out alright for Ashley (I don't know her, why the hate anyway?).
---
bye
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#25 Posted: 07:58:49 04/04/2016
You guys got jokes. Let's see, topics about Boomcast, I talk about Boomcast. Man, guys, look, you guys gotta take varying opinions like adults. You guys can't expect everyone to be a hive mind and preach sunshine and rainbows about a heavily flawed brand that brought its issues upon itself.

Again, though, I made my point about why I don't see Boomcast coming back. If that's off topic in context to the created topic, I'd hate to see what constitutes real off topic posting.

Do you guys get paid for all the defense you give this brand? If so, where can I sign up? I won't do it for free, though.

Another thing I forgot to mention a it why I don't see it coming back, is because that dude who hosted it is old now. One could say, why not get Lou to do it properly something. Maybe they're not bringing it back, because they know this brands ship is about to sail? I mean, what's there to talk about when you drag your short yearly games out for so long that people question remaining releases? You think they're gonna talk about upcoming product or past product, when they can't even keep customers in the loop? That's just a waste of whatever resources remain at that point.

there's a lot of truth to this and at this time when the brand is taking the biggest hits, boomcast is just obsolete especially when there's not much product left of this game's waves left to show up in stores. Factor in that like disney who had their own shorts with younger hosts that as they age there comes a time when they'll just retire them because of the appeal would be way off from the demographic if they were kept. If there's some cost in there when the brand's failing it's not going to be used.

While the animated series will still be finished for atleast a first season, i'm in high doubt it will get beyond that from the investment. Its a poor time that they finally decided to put something into works, when they had several years before to do it. The prime release time was just after the giants releases and right about swap force when the game was at it's peak as a well established show at that time probably would've made people stick around longer with tie ins, etc.

GM's not off on any of what he says even if it's slightly off this topic but makes sense to bring up. This brand IS dying and it only has itself to blame. There's going to be both sides on it and you're going to see more of those that invested since the first game who are not noobs to fads and games that go through cycles of popularity. Like the boomcast host, the demographic is growing up and it's probably more cool to hate on skylanders than support it. If there was lego dimension shows and infinity shows similar to an animated series or like boomcast, those would get more viewers than skylanders right now hands down.

If the skylander academy series ends up in the same roots as that sonic boom show, I'd expect it to be yanked off the air if it ends up in disney, cartoon network or nick without finishing its season.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
#26 Posted: 10:39:29 04/04/2016
Yes he is off topic. The question was asking if bringing it is was a good idea. I do not and will not care if he's right about his pessimism or if you agree with him, it's derailing all the same. A wall of text about how he's right doesn't matter either.

Feel free to say I'm defending Acti or something despite the fact I've always despised them. I don't really have anything of value to add to the actual subject of the thread so I'll just leave as you guys once again turn another thread into 'oh no Acti is doing a bad the series is doomed' again.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:41:59 04/04/2016 by Bifrost
#27 Posted: 14:29:31 04/04/2016
If Skylanders Academy goes to Disney or CN, it's doomed from the onset. Depending on ratings, it could find success at Nick, as they've demonstrated longevity in a number of their shows, while Disney smilie and CN cancel things left and right.

About Sonic Boom. It goes to show a character known to others for decades can even be setup for failure. Skylanders Academy could be doomed because its releasing at a time a lot of the brands customers are jumping ship due to bad business decisions, or because they're bored of the brand, growing older, and stores are having to have sale after sale just to move product.

Think I said it above, but if not, I'll say it here. Too little, too late. Maybe one day, if Acti chooses to bring this brand back (like Guotar Hero which has failed twice now), they will bring with it better choices and communication with who matters the most, customers, not investors.

I mean don't get me wrong, I want to have faith in the brand. I was a huge supporter of the brand until I started seeing the bad choices, which only get worse with the release of each game. I just have to be real though. Can't give credit where it isn't due. Oh, wait, I will give them credit for one good choice. They made Trap Team on iOS capable of playing your Skylanders figures after registering them. Why it took them nearly two years to get smart about that, though, is beyond me. Still, there's credit for at least one smart choice.
---
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#28 Posted: 14:59:23 04/04/2016
Too little, too late.

This, basically. I think 'Skylanders Academy' would have been great back in 2011/2012, coming between the release of SSA and SG. Now, though, it seems to be a last resort for a series thats gone off the rails a little. And remember, a lot of original fans of the series are growing up. I was 11 when SSA was released, but a lot of people, like me, are struggling to stay with a series that is very kid-orientated when you're almost 16 years old. I know this isn't the case for everyone, though. Just look at all the adult fans we have on here! smilie
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#29 Posted: 15:14:17 04/04/2016
If Skylanders Academy goes to Disney or CN, it's doomed from the onset. Depending on ratings, it could find success at Nick, as they've demonstrated longevity in a number of their shows, while Disney smilie and CN cancel things left and right.

It might find endurance at Nick, but that hardly constitutes it being good or very popular. Look at Spongebob these days. I realize it has to have some popularity to be on the air on any network, but it can get that with the lowest common denominator audience. People may watch the show if it has enough stupid or gross out humor, but I don't see such people caring enough to buy the games or toys.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#30 Posted: 15:25:46 04/04/2016

About Sonic Boom. It goes to show a character known to others for decades can even be setup for failure. Skylanders Academy could be doomed because its releasing at a time a lot of the brands customers are jumping ship due to bad business decisions, or because they're bored of the brand, growing older, and stores are having to have sale after sale just to move product.

Think I said it above, but if not, I'll say it here. Too little, too late. Maybe one day, if Acti chooses to bring this brand back (like Guotar Hero which has failed twice now), they will bring with it better choices and communication with who matters the most, customers, not investors.

I mean don't get me wrong, I want to have faith in the brand. I was a huge supporter of the brand until I started seeing the bad choices, which only get worse with the release of each game. I just have to be real though. Can't give credit where it isn't due. Oh, wait, I will give them credit for one good choice. They made Trap Team on iOS capable of playing your Skylanders figures after registering them. Why it took them nearly two years to get smart about that, though, is beyond me. Still, there's credit for at least one smart choice.

Actually, I think the cartoon will help IMPROVE the brand...provided the animation, voice acting and story scripts aren't crap. It probably can't hurt them at this point. I definitely agree they should have done this at least a year or two ago to minimize franchise fallout.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:26:53 04/04/2016 by TakeYourLemons
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3552
#31 Posted: 20:08:05 05/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Yes he is off topic. The question was asking if bringing it is was a good idea. I do not and will not care if he's right about his pessimism or if you agree with him, it's derailing all the same. A wall of text about how he's right doesn't matter either.

Feel free to say I'm defending Acti or something despite the fact I've always despised them. I don't really have anything of value to add to the actual subject of the thread so I'll just leave as you guys once again turn another thread into 'oh no Acti is doing a bad the series is doomed' again.

No big words please.
Ok, lets get back on topic.

Maybe they can bring it back with that weird Lou guy hosting it.
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:08:50 05/04/2016 by Iganagor
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me