Forum

Skylanders: Battlecast

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Ultimate card success (or not) results
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#1 Posted: 17:13:12 28/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Hey all. Ultimate cards seem very hard to come by, at least for me, so would love the chance to see how others are doing. There are 24 ultimate cards. 8 skylanders, 2 in each elemental base cards (edited for correction).

Game has been on my device for about a month now. I know some folks started a couple weeks earlier than that. I just opened my 18th virtual booster pack this morning and I have opened both battle packs. Thus, that is 20 packs.

0 ultimates. Not one.

I do have one ultimate, I got one in a super spin. I got Kraken's Beak. Have had about 5 super spins so far? So, 0 for 20 in packs and 1 for 5 in super spins. No other way to get them yet until the packs come out or one hits the featured cards.

How are others doing?

Given I am playing against a lot of Flashwings and Ninjinis and Tree Rex etc in PvP, perhaps its just me.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:14:47 28/03/2016 by lamoracke
JJAtelier Blue Sparx Gems: 727
#2 Posted: 17:41:29 28/03/2016
I don't remember there being an ultimate non-elemental card.

Ultimates are incredibly rare but not impossible for everyone, that's just how variance works with card collecting.

I've only been on my iOS device for month too and I've opened about 4 ultimates which is the same amount of ultimates I have on my android account that I started back in Jan. Unlikely chance my iOS would catch up so quickly but I guess I've been really lucky so far.
#3 Posted: 18:14:12 28/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Oh you are right, I was once thinking there was one non-elemental ultimate (The Tempest) but I was wrong about that and fixed it. So, 24 ultimates.

I just hope the variance is better with the actual packs. Will be more disappointed if they were that limited there with real money than the virtual packs.
Roger_swe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1776
#4 Posted: 22:13:07 28/03/2016
I got 5, don't remember how I got them.
---
SSA:37/37, SG:62/62, SSF:75/75, STT:56/56, SSC:66/66, Sidekick,Mini:24/24
AP:8/8, BP:4/4, EP:2/2, RP:4/4, Trophy:4/4, Trap:63/66, Item:33/33, Elite:14/14
#5 Posted: 08:04:45 29/03/2016
From what I've learnt, when the searching procedure begins in PvP, there's a time limit until the system decides to match us with an AI. Typically these AIs, as you previously mentioned lamoracke are ones that usually have randomly generated skylanders, usually including the Ultimate rarity.

I don't believe those are real players considering how the fast it takes for them to make their turn as well as their weak arsenal of cards. For winning those games, we don't get any gold which is a real bummer but nothing to be proud of in the first place.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#6 Posted: 08:40:58 29/03/2016
I know Jasoninquires has a Tree Rex, but everyone else in videos just gets ultimate spells at the most. He didn't record any footage of him either.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#7 Posted: 00:40:02 30/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Murphy's Law. Got my first ultimate in a booster pack. Was debating spending 200 coins on that granite crusher rare card today but I chose to go for the booster pack. Got a gold ultimate Countdown. I would have loved to level him, but I won't complain. 1 for 21 now in packs.
#8 Posted: 03:05:06 30/03/2016
Congrats, I'm yet to see a golden Skylander card in the collection page, care to share a screenie?
#9 Posted: 05:33:52 30/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Well, you see quite a few golden cards when you do PvP. I can attach it to my Skylanders page temporarily if you like. All the pictures in there are the new versions except for Pop Fizz. I seem to have bad luck in getting my bot enemies to use his special ability.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r7l...yAKEiA56Sa?dl=0

Its under booster pack 19 as a file name. Not meant to be in that folder but doubt many folks will care.

Also, have changed my mind, am glad it was an ultimate gold. Countdown is quite infuriating. Easily my least favorite skylander so far. Seems too many of his spells either hurt himself or his allies for my taste. He has one that does 100 damage to the enemy and 50 each to his allies. Seems a bad spell to use energy to basically damage your enemy 100 and your allies 100. True if both your allies are gone, then its 100-0 but that does not seem a good strategy especially since he has the lowest HP.
#10 Posted: 10:24:09 30/03/2016
I think the strategy with Countdown isn't take advantage of his early game damage but to wait until he's the last man standing and then unleash his spells so his drawbacks will be negated.

I reckon alot of these Ultimate Skylanders have a niche purpose in this game which might make them difficult to use initially. At first I thought Whirlwind is too squishy to be as your starting frontline due to her stat distribution. Then I realised alot of her spells are majorly about supporting team mates. Sounds bizarre to be support despite her high starting damage but I seem to have figured out her gears.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:25:05 30/03/2016 by JJAtelier
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me