Page 1 of 1
New Wow Pow Ideas
bladewolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1211
#1 Posted: 01:18:20 25/03/2016 | Topic Creator
I thought it would be a fun idea to see what everyone would do if they could design a Wow Pow for Skylanders. The only restriction is it needs to be for a Skylander that is a core series type and not one of the gimmick types. Please try to make the Wow Pow fit in flavor and function with the Skylander but there is some leniency if you can explain why your Wow Pow fits with the Skylander. You can list as many Wow Pows as you want for as many Skylanders as you want.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#2 Posted: 05:32:47 25/03/2016
Series 4 Spyro: Elemental Shift - Spyro gains a new move that changes the elemental attributes of his attacks, allowing him to switch between fire breath, ice breath, lightning breath, and rock breath.

Series 4 Stealth Elf: Thorn Darts - Stealth Elf gains the ability to rapidly throw thorn darts much like in the 3DS games.

Series 2 Boomer: Troll Mech - Boomer can temporarily summon a mech in a style similar to the many types of mechs used by trolls throughout the series.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#3 Posted: 11:57:58 25/03/2016
I think the problem with some Wow Pows is that the ones that aren't just upgrades are actual new never seen before abilities, like Skull Buddy. I'll use Battlecast as source of most to be on the safe side, but just warning.

Spyro - Eon's Blessing - Hold Tertiary to change your elemental breath to that of the current zone! Elemental Power bonuses aren't applied.
One unused button, no switching through 9 presses to find what you want. Based on Eon's Might that temporarily increases attack.

Hex - Cryptcraft Channeling - Hold down tertiary to summon a protective skeletal creature. Increase its power temporarily by firing Phantom Orbs at it.
Based on Undead Spell Punks' Cryptcraft, and a combination of SB's Super Baby and Resonant Frequency.

Ghost Roaster - Dish Best Served Dead - Spawned Ghosts heal GR and stun enemies with an AoE stench in Ectoplasm Mode.
Makes Fear Eater more viable. Can't do much else than that without a full reimagining e_e

Chop Chop - Frenzy Plant - Cursed Bone Bramble now branches out to seek enemies.
Pokémon reference. Didn't have any other reason but an upgrade to his tertiary :U
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#4 Posted: 12:08:25 25/03/2016
Series 3 Wrecking Ball: Smack Down - Press the Attack 1 button while rolling to leap into the air and slam down on top of enemies with brilliant force. The slam automatically locks onto the nearest enemy(ies).
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
bladewolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1211
#5 Posted: 21:32:46 25/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
I think the problem with some Wow Pows is that the ones that aren't just upgrades are actual new never seen before abilities, like Skull Buddy. I'll use Battlecast as source of most to be on the safe side, but just warning.

Spyro - Eon's Blessing - Hold Tertiary to change your elemental breath to that of the current zone! Elemental Power bonuses aren't applied.
One unused button, no switching through 9 presses to find what you want. Based on Eon's Might that temporarily increases attack.

Hex - Cryptcraft Channeling - Hold down tertiary to summon a protective skeletal creature. Increase its power temporarily by firing Phantom Orbs at it.
Based on Undead Spell Punks' Cryptcraft, and a combination of SB's Super Baby and Resonant Frequency.

Ghost Roaster - Dish Best Served Dead - Spawned Ghosts heal GR and stun enemies with an AoE stench in Ectoplasm Mode.
Makes Fear Eater more viable. Can't do much else than that without a full reimagining e_e

Chop Chop - Frenzy Plant - Cursed Bone Bramble now branches out to seek enemies.
Pokémon reference. Didn't have any other reason but an upgrade to his tertiary :U

These all work fine. I never said where you had to get an idea from. It's just nice hearing new attacks or an interesting upgrade. And sometimes the Wow Pow was just an upgrade for an attack.
#6 Posted: 21:40:19 25/03/2016
I know, I just like making them believable. Just 'insert another power relating to the element here' is cheap in my eyes, I'm all for having it fit the character and their theme, upgrade or new move.
---
#7 Posted: 00:58:48 02/04/2016
Absolute zero ice would be a bit subject to realism vs fantasy conflict, though. While it's a cool way to make ice stronger-sounding, in theory absolute zero water would act like a fluid,wouldn't it? It's why Pokémon uses the NeverMeltIce item as being more or less a chunk of rock that can't be heated, or Sheer Cold which is absolute zero is a beam of ice energy instead.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:02:22 02/04/2016 by Bifrost
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#8 Posted: 10:17:56 02/04/2016
Quote: blastermindROB
Durian Zook ( new bazooka that shoots 3 durians and explodes and richoctes of enemies)
Obsidian bash ( new armor drills down to bedrock and jumps up to an obsidian avalanche )
Infinity Spyro ( new elemental fireballs that can fire every single element and when charge u can do a rapid fireball firestorm)
Shuriken Stealth Elf ( brand new blades that launches a shuriken storm per slash and acrobatic jump)
Poseidon Ninja Gill Grunt ( while doing an anchor attack, fire a harpoon that will make him do a rapid storm of harpoons. now water guns and harpoons comes from the arm)
Gatling Potion Pop Fizz ( a brand new machine gun that launches mixed potion that explodes.a concoction is A random mixure of postion)
Acidic Bee Bumble Blast (a new bazooka that launches a newly discovered species of bee that fire rapidly)
Uranium Trigger Happy ( a new jetpack that allows trigger happy to shoot radioactive gold coins and launch money bags . His guns are now blasting and shooting explosive money bombs)
Prism Whirlwind ( rainbow attacks contain and creates prism clouds that launches 3 ways around )
Cannon Boomer ( new nuclear booms are being shoot from his new bazooka )
Diamond Encrusted Terrafin ( brand new armor and knuckles that allows him to punch anywhere to a near by enemy)
Samurai Chop Chop ( new boney armor that lets him hold different amounts of blades and spinning blades allows him to shield him self and flies to do an aerial shield bash)
Trapnaium Forged Eruptor ( when a fire ball attack it launches like a comet and homes it on enemies to become help that attacks and explodes)
Antarctic Chill ( throwing New -∞ degree Javelin allows Chill to summon mastodons instantly freeze enemies )
Mecha mech Sprocket ( new Robo-exoskeleton allow Sprocket to instantly summon new rapid rocket runners and gives wrench 1 million watts)
Leviathan Punk Shock ( Cross bows now rapid fires and shoots electrical leviathan bolts )
Dragon ignitor ( ignitor dual wields 2 new Dragon Excaliburs which does increase damage. soul spirit becomes a dragon )
Radioactive laser drobot ( drobot now shoots overheated radioactive ruby ,sapphire ,emerald fusion crystal )
Stormy Cyclone Jet vac ( shooting and sucking ( via vac sac) air turns into electrical cloudy black hole and fling is now infinite with thunder power)
Amethyst Prism Break ( new 3 concentrated lasers do more damage and now does a crystal rain attack)
Triple Molten Arkyean Drill Sargent ( New 3X Drills made out of molten Arkyean material that increase dozer attack. When Dozer and Rockets hit enemies, they turn into lava that explodes )
Spirit Spear Double Trouble (new staff can be used for close range and now can create up to 15 doubles with spears. When hit 3 Giant Double help attack)
Garden Vine Camo ( instead of creating a wall of watermelons, you create a spinning thorny garden. When hit by thorn, enemies turn into melons that explodes into mini gardens)
Titanium Mantle Dino Rang ( new Metal Glaive is made with heated metal that turns into chainsaws when enemies get hit )
Supernatural Ghost Roaster (new ghost Sidekick can do every move that ghost roaster does. Ectoplasm form does not decease health and chains do more damage )
Mountain Yeti Slam Bam ( new icy -∞ fist do even more damage. ice sled attack is now an avalanche of -∞ ice )

Some great ideas there, particularly Dino Rang and Slam Bam
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
blastermindROB Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#9 Posted: 00:26:48 03/04/2016
UPDATED VERSION:
Durian Zook ( new bazooka that shoots 3 durians and explodes and richoctes of enemies)
Obsidian bash ( new armor drills down to bedrock and jumps up to an obsidian avalanche )
Infinity Spyro ( new elemental fireballs that can fire every single element and when charge u can do a rapid fireball firestorm)
Shuriken Stealth Elf ( brand new blades that launches a shuriken storm per slash and acrobatic jump)
Poseidon Ninja Gill Grunt ( while doing an anchor attack, fire a harpoon that will make him do a rapid storm of harpoons. now water guns and harpoons comes from the arm)
Gatling Potion Pop Fizz ( a brand new machine gun that launches mixed potion that explodes.a concoction is A random mixure of postion)
Acidic Bee Bumble Blast (a new bazooka that launches a newly discovered species of bee that fire rapidly)
Uranium Trigger Happy ( a new jetpack that allows trigger happy to shoot radioactive gold coins and launch money bags . His guns are now blasting and shooting explosive money bombs)
Prism Whirlwind ( rainbow attacks contain and creates prism clouds that launches 3 ways around )
Cannon Boomer ( new nuclear booms are being shoot from his new bazooka )
Diamond Encrusted Terrafin ( brand new armor and knuckles that allows him to punch anywhere to a near by enemy)
Samurai Chop Chop ( new boney armor that lets him hold different amounts of blades and spinning blades allows him to shield him self and flies to do an aerial shield bash)
Trapnaium Forged Eruptor ( when a fire ball attack it launches like a comet and homes it on enemies to become help that attacks and explodes)
Antarctic Chill ( throwing New -∞ degree Javelin allows Chill to summon mastodons instantly freeze enemies )
Mecha mech Sprocket ( new Robo-exoskeleton allow Sprocket to instantly summon new rapid rocket runners and gives wrench 1 million watts)
Leviathan Punk Shock ( Cross bows now rapid fires and shoots electrical leviathan bolts )
Dragon ignitor ( ignitor dual wields 2 new Dragon Excaliburs which does increase damage. soul spirit becomes a dragon )
Radioactive laser drobot ( drobot now shoots overheated radioactive ruby ,sapphire ,emerald fusion crystal )
Stormy Cyclone Jet vac ( shooting and sucking ( via vac sac) air turns into electrical cloudy black hole and fling is now infinite with thunder power)
Amethyst Prism Break ( new 3 concentrated lasers do more damage and now does a crystal rain attack)
Triple Molten Arkyean Drill Sargent ( New 3X Drills made out of molten Arkyean material that increase dozer attack. When Dozer and Rockets hit enemies, they turn into lava that explodes )
Spirit Spear Double Trouble (new staff can be used for close range and now can create up to 15 doubles with spears. When hit 3 Giant Double help attack)
Garden Vine Camo ( instead of creating a wall of watermelons, you create a spinning thorny garden. When hit by thorn, enemies turn into melons that explodes into mini gardens)
Titanium Mantle Dino Rang ( new Metal Glaive is made with heated metal that turns into chainsaws when enemies get hit )
Supernatural Ghost Roaster (new ghost Sidekick can do every move that ghost roaster does. Ectoplasm form does not decease health and chains do more damage )
Mountain Yeti Slam Bam ( new icy -∞ fist do even more damage. ice sled attack is now an avalanche of -∞ ice )
Rune Slash Voodood (new quintuple headed rune axe creates electrical rune shield that allows the axe to hit enemies far away with double damage )
Skull Smash Fright Rider ( Spear attacks do more damage with a Spikey Skull Bash (also acts a projectile and a shield too ))
Gorilla Tornado Fling Kong ( new Gorilla Gauntlet Armor rapidly shoots tornado saw disks that crushed enemies when hit )
Arkus Battery Wind Up ( Instead of winding up from pressing attack 2 (or running), winding up will never be used and all attacks have 5 jillion bolts of energy )
Stag Scarab Dune Bug ( new stag armor allows mini stag Beetles to surround Dune Bug that Copies all attacks )
Rib Racer Roller Brawl ( Speed is Increased due to new Saw Aura. Claws are now Chainsaws that do more damage)
Typhoon Plasma Warnado (All Spinning attacks summon typhoons made out of plasma that damage enemies with triple damage)
Geode Rocky Roll ( new geode armor do increase damage on all attacks, armor, speed . Boulders and Spit Ball are replaced by Diamond geodes that explodes turning enemies into diamond statues )
Astro Bike Fryno ( Fryno goes Intergalactic with his new space bike. Being heated is now permanent with Blue Star flames )
Quake Knuckle Fist Bump ( Panda Pound does double damage that create spikey boulders that make an earth quake of faults )
Tank Rex Chopper ( New Atomic Missiles do Triple Damage and faster with its new Machine gun Jet Pack )
Excalibur Katana Blades ( new Ninja styled Excalibur sword does Increased damage that creates Holy Explosive impacts with all Blades' Blades )
Formula Tread Head ( Speed is Increased with its new Jet Fire Treads made out of sapphire that burns enemies )
Quantum Rift Deja Vu ( All Rifts are now summoned by Time shots and Rifts summons 3 copies of deja vu )
Flute Ensemble ( Hold attack 2 to summon all baskets that plays music around you that acts like a shield and copies all playing , Flute does increased damage with Weakness effect )
Sea DJ Echo ( Echo has a new Dub-Step siren that does a musical tidal sound wave that bubbles enemies that explode )
Thorn Crash Stump Smash ( New Hammers that has Poison Thorn that poison enemies with each hit. Nuts are Spikier with poisonous Roots )
Thunder Bone Cynder ( new Boney armor has 100 Million volts that burn enemies with her new Spectral Lightning )
Crystal Claw Scratch ( new Golden Diamond claw and mask that increases armor and new a new explosive Diamond laser attack when doing a whirlwind )
Cactus Poison Scorp ( new Tail gives tail poison faster and deadlier damage and can rapidly shoot Spikes and Balls filled with Extreme Poison )
Warhead Countdown ( All Explosive based attacks have a deadlier explosion that burns enemies, rockets or Nuclear and do increased damage )
Lightspeed Trail Blazer ( Stampedes automatically rapidly shoots Blue Star Fireballs. Stampedes are faster and has an aura that explode when impact on enemies )
Ghoul Disk Funny Bone ( Disks are Surrounded with Lasers that Brings Funny Bone along with it while doing Bone Saw that is faster )
Ritual Demon Hex ( Skull Rain is now filled with Plasma that Homes on Enemies. Skull Rain now used 16 Skulls that summons Faster )
---
"Kaigan: Grimm! (Door creaking open) Kokoro no door! Hiraku dōwa! (Suspenseful music; pages flapping)"
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:26:25 05/04/2016 by blastermindROB
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#10 Posted: 02:55:38 05/04/2016
i just really want a dune bug repose, with armor based off of the Goliath beetle

[User Posted Image]
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#11 Posted: 11:31:54 27/04/2016
I think that they should stop giving skylanders wow pows and give them new move sets instead.
Why would i want to pay 12 bucks for just one new attack .
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3389
#12 Posted: 12:23:37 28/04/2016
Quote: KingMed
I think that they should stop giving skylanders wow pows and give them new move sets instead.

I agree, I hope some lesser known faces (smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, etc) become new gimmicks
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#13 Posted: 16:08:17 28/04/2016

I think they should create brand new characters, if they have new movesets ideas.
Will never pay 10/13€ for a face I already know (and have).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#14 Posted: 18:58:48 28/04/2016
Quote: Drek95

I think they should create brand new characters, if they have new movesets ideas.
Will never pay 10/13€ for a face I already know (and have).

I agree with this idea. If they want to re-heat characters that's fine but they won't get anymore money from me unless they're bringing something new and significant like what they did in SC. In other words, wow pow doesn't cut it anymore.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:59:26 28/04/2016 by TakeYourLemons
AmiiboMaster Blue Sparx Gems: 804
#15 Posted: 19:21:46 28/04/2016
Ice Breath Spyro (It's like Daybringer Flame but if you hold the primary button even longer, Spyro will breath ice)
Healing Aura Chop Chop (Chop Chop regains more health if defeating enemies then usual)
Six Armed Slam Bam (Slam Bam gets 2 more arms to give more damage)
Blue Flare Sun Burn (The flames from phoenix dash becomes blue which deals more damage)

I'll be back with more some day
---
Gimme all your Amiibos

and Skylanders BTW!
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#16 Posted: 21:09:31 28/04/2016
Quote: AmiiboMaster
Ice Breath Spyro (It's like Daybringer Flame but if you hold the primary button even longer, Spyro will breath ice)

I love this idea! But... I think it would work better if you had to press 2 buttons at once to activate ice breath.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me