Page 1 of 1
Should I get this game? [CLOSED]
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#1 Posted: 20:27:14 24/03/2016 | Topic Creator
I know tons of these 'Should I buy...?' topics have been posted before, but I'm kinda panicked. I've reserved a copy of SC at Argos for £20, which I think is a good deal. However, I'm starting to have second thoughts. What if I don't like the racing? This is my main problem. I'm tired of gimmicks - I just want a solid Skylanders game that isn't asking me to buy more and more figures. I already have 35 figures from the first 3 games.

So what do you think? I'd love to hear your opinions about this game, and if it's worth buying at all. Should I just wait for the next game instead?

I only have till tomorrow to pick it up, so rapid replies would be awesome! Thanks everyone!
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#2 Posted: 20:34:46 24/03/2016
Just like I said on the WiiU sale on general discussion, you could do a lot worse for that price. If you don't have any other games you really want and it won't hurt your wallet, why not? The real choice lies in getting 100% or not,since that's MOSTLY vehicles(not exactly just racing) and we don't know if they'll be worth the price for next game. But just base game, you can have a good few days of fun if you play at a calm pace.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:35:27 24/03/2016 by Bifrost
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#3 Posted: 21:39:41 24/03/2016
When I'm in doubt, I watch youtube videos to see if I like what I'm seeing. It's an ok game but skipable too. May want to use that money for a different game that you'd like better.
---
Stay Cool!
#4 Posted: 21:44:56 24/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
Just like I said on the WiiU sale on general discussion, you could do a lot worse for that price. If you don't have any other games you really want and it won't hurt your wallet, why not? The real choice lies in getting 100% or not, since that's MOSTLY vehicles(not exactly just racing) and we don't know if they'll be worth the price for next game. But just base game, you can have a good few days of fun if you play at a calm pace.

I know I won't need that many figures (Just 2 more vehicles, right?) because theres only one other character I like the look of, and that's Stormblade. (Would have been tempted by Nightfall but apparently he was recalled?) Hopefully vehicles may still be useful in SKY6.

Quote: fairyland
When I'm in doubt, I watch youtube videos to see if I like what I'm seeing. It's an ok game but skipable too. May want to use that money for a different game that you'd like better.

Hmm... I've seen a few videos and it looks OK. I might wait for the announcement for the next game to see if I'd like that better. Pokemon Sun/Moon is also on my radar right now.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#5 Posted: 21:52:59 24/03/2016
Nightfall's a girl, and she was only recalled last year - all current figures on stores are working versions. The recalled version is spelled wrong(Night Fall) but game updates fix that version too.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#6 Posted: 21:56:34 24/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
Nightfall's a girl, and she was only recalled last year - all current figures on stores are working versions. The recalled version is spelled wrong(Night Fall) but game updates fix that version too.

Thanks for correcting me! smilie

I'm still a little wary of this game. I'm gonna sell some of my least favourite 'landers to make up for buying it (I'm looking at YOU, Sprocket!) but I really don't like those bases.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me