Forum

Skylanders: Battlecast

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Mobile > Skylanders: Battlecast > Official? Battlecast Bug/Glitch Tracking Thread(sticky?)
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Official? Battlecast Bug/Glitch Tracking Thread(sticky?) [STICKY]
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13873
#51 Posted: 23:13:52 25/04/2016
Ack, my decks seem to have forgotten 2/3 of their cards. smilie
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
JJAtelier Blue Sparx Gems: 727
#52 Posted: 19:29:12 26/04/2016
Happened to me too. After reinstalling for gods knows like a dozen times the deck building interface is back to working like a charm. Try reinstalling several times and it should work @carin_82
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#53 Posted: 01:57:03 27/04/2016 | Topic Creator
More stuff from video footage so I don't know the version - Smog Machine affecting every enemy is waaay too loud, it's even louder than other attacking hazards that do the same thing.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#54 Posted: 03:05:42 28/04/2016
So, the new update fixed the following for me....

The Tempest now scans and adds to my collection. Nice! Card works in the game too, was not sure before.
Card leveling is back to the point where you can get progress again
Twisted Crystals now works
Chill Bill's cooler now shows the animated picture

Only tiny thing I notice is that my decks do not remember their cards sometimes either. Am trying to delete them all and starting over, that might work. Either way, not a big deal as it seems to keep in there for a while at least when I put them back in.
#55 Posted: 15:56:19 29/04/2016
This is small potatoes but its something I noticed. When a card gets to be level 10 or silver, it switches to the animated gif version of the card. Love these animated cards. I do not have 100% of my cards to level 10 but I must have like 80% of them. I noticed that a couple of the cards are not animated. That could be a glitch.

Nature's Fury, Life spell. I have it level 14 but no animation.
Static Pulse, earth spell. Level 15, but no animation.
Ampli-flier, magic gear, level 19, but no animation.

Addition (5/2/16)..the fire card Flame Wave. The description clearly says 40 fire damage to front line and 20 to sideline enemies. Its consistently doing 40 damage across the board so not matching the card.

will keep looking as I level up the rest of my cards, but if its an easy fix, thought I would mention it to add to the coolness of the card collection.

Again, newest update and ipad mini 2.

The game seems to be having a lot of issues tonight. I am getting player data errors. I finish fights but the game crashes at the end. Other players are leaving. Just seems to be a bit clunky tonight. I saw a maintenance notification earlier but not sure if that happened yet or not. Have only tried in the PvP arena. After rebooting though, game seems to be there and then I get my coin bonus if it crashed at the end. So, not all lost or anything, just very clunky tonight.

Update, game does not say down, but I can't get in anymore tonight.

Still down this morning and talked to two of my friends, on both android and ios, down for them too.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 13:36:30 06/05/2016 by lamoracke
#56 Posted: 13:49:10 06/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Probably maintenance then. As I said in the news topic, seems like UK release is happening since a show there reviewed the game, so it could be server stuff.
---
#57 Posted: 13:19:33 12/05/2016
I think Flame Wave got fixed (thanks guys) but I have noticed another card is not working as its described. Drainy Day from Whirlwind. Its not giving back HP to the damage given. I just got 40 when I did 150 damage and it did not work the prior 2 or 3 times either. I also had the ability to get that many HP back as I was damaged so it was not a 40 situation where all I could get was that.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:23:53 12/05/2016 by lamoracke
Sancho9000 Green Sparx Gems: 155
#58 Posted: 17:32:12 12/05/2016
Thanks for the heads up @lamoracke. We'll take a look.

--

http://twitter.com/sancho9000
#59 Posted: 21:56:40 16/05/2016
Another thing I have noticed is my game crashing. Now I was not going to mention that as that can be a lot of things, but have noticed it happening a significant amount of times after successfully playing Flashwing's card Reflective Ray. Its a cool card, but seems to be a high percentage game crash card.

Thanks for looking into that Whirlwind card. If you can, see if you can fix the animation on those 3 cards I mentioned above.

Nature's Fury, Life spell. I have it level 14 but no animation.
Static Pulse, earth spell. Level 15, but no animation.
Ampli-flier, magic gear, did not animate at level 19 (silver) or level 20 (gold).
#60 Posted: 22:13:16 16/05/2016 | Topic Creator
I'll hazard a guess that you also had her Shield Lattice active too? Just curious, it does look resource intensive and could see it causing lag if you have even more stuff going on at once.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:13:43 16/05/2016 by Bifrost
#61 Posted: 22:28:36 16/05/2016
Dont believe I had shield lattice on, I usually use that at the end of a turn and if I have reflective ray, I want more damage to hit so I don't recall having it on, but can do some testing.

Have had 5 games in a row, without using shield lattice, where the game instantly crashed after using reflective ray. The last one, the most painful was at the end of a pvp fight. Using reflective ray won the fight but I go no credit for the victory, no coins, because the crash was so severe.

5/19/2016 Reflective Ray- the card is effectively not working right now, it crashes the game instantly every single time, at least on my ipad mini 2. Its the only card of the 324 cards you can play that effectively does this.

5/20/2016 - Drainy Day is still not working properly, at least in PvP fights.

5/21/2016 - Drainy Day worked so either fixed or I need to test more, but Chromatic Bauble has an issue for Whirlwind. Isnt it a gear and it should stay on the wearer? Its not staying on so its only a one trick spell functionally right now. Then I tried Sap of the Ancients and I did not get the bonus card and I could not attack. Wow, Whirlwind and Flashwing have issues. Will play with Whirlwind for a number of PvP fights to try and get more data even if that means I lose or concede fights for a bit.

Drainy Day worked the 1st fight...2nd fight it only gave me 40 HP instead of 80 HP and there was no reason to not do so. Thus, its not working all the time. 1 out of 2. 3rd fight. It should have done 60 HP this time, but it only did 30 HP. Why 50% some of the time? I do not understand that glitch. 1 out of 3 times it has worked properly in PvP fights now. On 5/22 I had it work 1 out of 2 times including once where I only got 30 HP instead of 80 HP.
Chromatic Bauble - 2 fights, it worked the first round, then disappeared both times. Its a gear, it should stay. 3rd time now. It works one turn and then goes away. Not functioning as a gear. Will consider this confirmed.
Sap of the Ancients (For Whirlwind) - I think that one was a one time glitch, seems to work afterwards. So just Drainy Day and Chromatic Bauble for Whirlwind are issues. Her other cards work too.
Edited 13 times - Last edited at 02:55:34 23/05/2016 by lamoracke
#62 Posted: 20:08:28 23/05/2016
Since the update is a major major change, will do a new post.

I see chromatic bauble at least is working in the story mode so maybe those cards now functionally work. Glad I noticed that before the update.

The new update and new zone, wow, is all I can say, and am only in the first match.

Ooh. Cruncher Chompy was the only villain not to have its own special card, I wonder if "Chompy Launch" is the card that it was meant to have. It exists now. Its for air so possible.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:15:32 23/05/2016 by lamoracke
#63 Posted: 23:26:40 23/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Well... I got it running on Bluestacks. I know, I don't believe it myself this thing finally threw a bone at me.

However, there are issues. Many.

Lastest version of BS, latest version of Battlecast. Lag I expected, and boy do I have plenty with no sounds playing along with the effects,but not these others.
Graphics are really blurry. Reminds me of Dark and Lamoracke's reports in previous versions where the models are all weird, but for me the cards and the UI are completely fine.
No Voice Acting. Big thing for me in this game, no voice clips whatsoever play, not even grunting. No idea what's up with it, though I did skip the Google Play Games confirmation because I was trying to use it on my real phone so it might've installed with the age censor or something.

Really tried to see if there are graphics options or ANYTHING to make it run smoother but you guys don't have that either. Kinda disappointed, because I think anyone can attest in the board that I was going to heck and back to play this as soon as possible and back again I'm waiting. Could be Bluestacks(it does everything to work against me),could be my pc, but I'm checking here first. I also stopped right after the first tutorial mission, so if reinstalling is required I can do it no problem, just didn't do this now because it's getting late in my timezone and Bluestacks takes it sweet time to do anything when it's not lagging.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 23:56:48 23/05/2016 by Bifrost
#64 Posted: 00:14:15 24/05/2016
Just tried it out on Bluestacks and it seems to be running fine for me, better than it does on my ipad mini even.
---
#65 Posted: 00:23:49 24/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Oh man, is this getting issues with my really bad graphics card? I was expecting it to not run at all if that was the case but it does. I'm fine with the bad graphics though, I just want the voice acting for research since I'm the only one adding character lines in the Skylanders Wiki ._. Having my own game is optimal since people usually talk over it on footage and I can also create specific decks to test their multiple lines.

edit: reinstalled, same issue, though the main menu is much faster than before for some reason. Everything else is the same though, lag, bad graphics, no voice acting only sound effects.
This is how it looks for me. Not full screen because I'm not going to fry my computer, because even after closing BS everything lags for a good 10 minutes.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:51:19 24/05/2016 by Bifrost
#66 Posted: 02:07:49 24/05/2016
I will say, the game is now lightning fast when play against a bot...definitely no time to do screen shots. Lightning fast. Just saying my experience on my Ipad mini 2.
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#67 Posted: 02:08:13 24/05/2016
Has anyone else been getting this error message?
[User Posted Image]
I checked the requirements and my apple device is listed and up to date. Is maintenance on the app still going on?
#68 Posted: 04:59:05 24/05/2016
Just wanted to say...Thanks Sancho9000

Reflective Ray. now works. Game does not crash afterwards.
Drainy Day. Seems to work. Have not tested it a lot but 2 for 2 so far.
Chromatic Bauble. Now works.

Sure there are minor things left like the 3 cards (Static Pulse, Ampli-flier, Nature's Fury) still not being animated, but its nice that those 3 cards and now Flashwing and Whirlwind will work so much better with the USA/Canada release.

Also fun to see that the card I was talking about for Cruncher Chompy now in fact exists but have not seen if it actually plays for them in their regular air zone story modes, but am glad my theory was correct, the card in question existed....Chompy Launch.

Thanks again.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:59:30 24/05/2016 by lamoracke
#69 Posted: 13:14:19 24/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Reinstalled again today, nothing else open in the PC, it's still not working with VA, and the lag gets progressively worse as I play. By the end of the Advanced Tutorial I couldn't even see basic attacks without a lag spike, and it got me stuck for a good 5 minutes on the victory screen. Oddly, the Daily Spin runs perfect despite all the animations going on at once.
Just an option to turn off spell animations would help a lot, if to keep the VA. They're definately what causes my game to behave the worst, aside from drawing more than one card at once.
---
#70 Posted: 16:42:55 25/05/2016
By the way, I don't know if this was intentional but I can't seem to equip my gear to my sideline characters such Healing Amulet & Ghost Swords. The camera just stays locked and I'm forced to swap them to front. This wasn't the case before the update and its happening on both my iPad Air 2 / Nexus 5

In addition and this is probably intentional but it also seems fishy. I remember everytime you K/O a skylander or have yours K/O'D and they haven't used their Special Ability Card, the card itself will be counted as an actual card that can be discarded and replaced for a new card from your deck. There by allowing you to draw a card if you know one of your Skylanders death is imminent by sacking them.

This doesn't seem to happen anymore which is a shame but I can also see why this tactic can lead to swingy turns.
#71 Posted: 16:15:40 27/05/2016
Odd glitch on my ipad mini 2. Its not affecting game play but its weird to see. The crystals on the bottom left are not staying where they should on my ipad mini 2. There is one circle above the bottom line and a whole in the bottom line where it should and sometimes a circle is missing...I have 0 out of 9 right now...shows 5 empty, then two spaces, then 2 more and one above the 3rd one.

Game still functions with the right info but the circle display is just out of alignment.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#72 Posted: 18:30:50 27/05/2016
I wanted to finish the Tech Realm on my Samsung SM-T533 tablet when I suddenly saw this monstrosity. (The graphics decided to look pretty for the camera, they turned and stayed crap afterwards)

[User Posted Image]

That's the first time such a thing happened and it stayed like that until the end of the battle.
PreciousAwakeni Blue Sparx Gems: 823
#73 Posted: 19:05:47 28/05/2016
I am playing on android and Playing in the Undead Realm on mission 5 (Spooked). I am able to attack the enemy and then they attack back. Once they are done attacking then the game just sits there. All characters are moving and graphics are fine but it does not go back to my turn.
#74 Posted: 18:12:39 29/05/2016
Quote: JJAtelier
By the way, I don't know if this was intentional but I can't seem to equip my gear to my sideline characters such Healing Amulet & Ghost Swords. The camera just stays locked and I'm forced to swap them to front. This wasn't the case before the update and its happening on both my iPad Air 2 / Nexus 5

I would like to echo his problem with me. This is happening on my Ipad mini 2. You can't equip all the enemies like you used to with hot pants, nor can you select all your allies like you could with certain items.
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#75 Posted: 18:21:46 31/05/2016
So I tried downloading the game onto my iPhone 4S, but I keep getting a 'Device is not available' message on the loading screen. What does this mean?
Sancho9000 Green Sparx Gems: 155
#76 Posted: 18:46:45 31/05/2016
@yelvy

Unfortunately, iPhone 4S isn't a supported device.

--

http://twitter.com/sancho9000
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#77 Posted: 19:04:12 31/05/2016
Quote: Sancho9000
@yelvy

Unfortunately, iPhone 4S isn't a supported device.

Oh, Okay. Thanks anyway smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:04:34 31/05/2016 by yelvy
#78 Posted: 15:09:00 03/06/2016
New freeze error happening on iOS devices. Every time the victory/defeat screen shows up, we're unable to continue to the next screen and collect our XP and gold coins. Normally waiting about usually does something but unfortunately the game just seems to freeze in place on the post match screen with the characters still doing their victory dance in the background.

It's happening on my iPad Air 2 as well as another community member I know, yet my android device seems largely unaffected by this.
#79 Posted: 16:44:02 03/06/2016
Yeah I keep getting that stuck victory screen on both iOS and Android.

(and on my ipad mini I get frequent crashes at the victory screen, I'd say it happens on the second or third one after restarting the app)
---
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#80 Posted: 20:11:03 03/06/2016
I have the same stuck-on-Victory-screen issue on iPhone 6, annoying.
---
bye
#81 Posted: 05:27:09 04/06/2016
I will say as far as the victory thing goes. I do find its slow and I have to wait sometimes 20-30 seconds but most times with my iphone mini 2, the victory text below will show up and then give out the coins, but its certainly a waiting game at the moment.

Wanted to wait until I had some battles where I knew I had the chance for 10 coins, sometimes I forget if I have done my daily max or not.
#82 Posted: 11:02:38 04/06/2016
Just started it up and my coins that I won from the PvP games just game through all in one go. Unfortunately the quest log didn't update at all and I'm stuck with one Quest objective.
#83 Posted: 14:10:23 05/06/2016
The biggest problem for me consistently are still the gears. You cant add them to any back line character whether the enemy (Hot pants) or your own team (Vanishing Cloak). Gears you should be able to add to back line characters.

Can this be fixed?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:47:09 06/06/2016 by lamoracke
DM235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1678
#84 Posted: 17:05:29 07/06/2016
I am playing on iOS. Through the free packs, I was lucky enough to already get Stealth Elf and Spitfire. My Stealth Elf was at Level 10 (I don't remember if I won it as a Level 10 card, or if I leveled it up to Level 10 through playing). My Spitfire was only at Level 1. I never scanned any cards before, but I thought I would try to scan the free cards they gave out with the "demo".

Spitfire scanned ok, and leveled up to Level 2. Stealth Elf scanned ok, did the "Level Up" animation, and dropped to Level 1. Has anyone else had this happen while scanning cards?

For reference, here are the cards I scanned:

https://www.skylanders.com/con...fe-Spitfire.pdf

https://www.skylanders.com/con...Stealth-Elf.pdf
#85 Posted: 19:11:06 07/06/2016
Those are not the official cards that the game means to scan. Cards that are to be scanned are the ones that have the differently patterned grooves. Those are just flat line edges. If you have the Stealth Elf from the starter packs, those would scan better.

No, never had a card drop in level. Either way, if its your only card and you just started, Stealth Elf is pretty easy to level up. Maybe it was a glitch due to scanning the cards not meant to scan.

PM me and I can send you some cards you can test scanning to from the actual battle packs.
DM235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1678
#86 Posted: 01:47:26 08/06/2016
Quote: lamoracke
Those are not the official cards that the game means to scan. Cards that are to be scanned are the ones that have the differently patterned grooves. Those are just flat line edges. If you have the Stealth Elf from the starter packs, those would scan better.

No, never had a card drop in level. Either way, if its your only card and you just started, Stealth Elf is pretty easy to level up. Maybe it was a glitch due to scanning the cards not meant to scan.

PM me and I can send you some cards you can test scanning to from the actual battle packs.

No worries. I have the cards from the starter pack too, but I just never bothered to scan them. Leveling up is not an issue (and it doesn't seem to do anything at this point either). I just wanted to share my experience in case anyone else runs into the same issue.
#87 Posted: 12:24:12 13/06/2016
Do you still look at this thread Sancho?

The big issue in the game to me is gears, or specifically the lack of being able to add them to sideline allies (or enemies) in my games.

On the IoS, I can't seem to add them to any, in any situation. Just frontline for my allies and can't hot pants and other negative gears to back line enemies either.

On the android, I was just able to add sky iron shield to a sideline ally, but I could not do so say with shield of elements or training shield, so it works at least with one item on the android but not most of them.
#88 Posted: 14:24:22 22/06/2016
Featured cards the same 3 cards 3 days in a row now I think.

Biggest other current glitch is the incredibly bad delay/crash after a victory message in story mode fights. Had it happen in the Kaos realm in 2 battles I got 3 stars on (the ability to click past the victory screen is usually gone) but after crashing, I at least got my progress saved. Its also happening in other more basic fights, just happened now against Captain Dreadbeard in the water realm. Easy to fight, but hard to claim victories right now.

Just tested this on the android...this really bad victory end game glitch which is not letting us proceed after a fight without crashing is on both the android and IoS for us.

Additional. So, I may get credit for stars after winning missions this way (phew, I got the coins and the stars), but experience on cards is not being added so I cant level up cards right now via winning battles.

Hrm. After turning off both my devices, it seems to have been fixed as well as the featured cards. I wonder if Sancho or someone did something or it fixed itself.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 21:44:49 22/06/2016 by lamoracke
#89 Posted: 17:55:52 11/08/2016
Since the latest update (1.4.3613 on ipad mini) I've had a couple of times where after exiting a PvP match the buttons (Cards to Life, Play, Collection, Shop, Spin, etc.) just don't do anything, I tap on them and they do the tapped on animation but nothing happens. Have to restart the app to get them to work again.

I've also been seeing weird flickering graphical issues with certain characters like Whirlwind who has crazy messed up wings, Pop Fizz's bottles, Roller Brawl's foot blades, Rip Tide's sword. But I think that was from the patch before this latest one.
---
Trogra Red Sparx Gems: 30
#90 Posted: 13:40:11 15/10/2016
Great game!

Two persistent card bugs though:
Tangled Kelp: The card text says "Subdue an enemy" but it acts as a Snare instead.
The Beam Is Supreme (Cereal/Noodles card): The card text says "prismbreak_common_1_desc". I have seen pictures of this card that have the card text "Subdue an enemy." so I suspect that is what it is meant to say! I have also seen pictures of this card but with the name "Imprism".

Tested on two different Android devices versions 4.4.4 and 6.0.1. Battlecast version 1.4.1185.

The zoom/pan of the camera during the game is also broken in this version (axis seem to be reversed). I suspect the reason for this latest release was to add the advertisement for Skylanders Creator and this bug snuck in.
#91 Posted: 13:58:49 15/10/2016
Yeah I've been having the same reversed camera issue on Android but not on iOS. Makes it impossible to play a card on the back rows.
---
#92 Posted: 16:34:02 15/10/2016
I just submitted a bug report on Beam is Supreme. It used to be called Imprism. It also does not have the animated GIF. I will look into Tangled Kelp, I know it used to subdue.

Just tested tangled kelp, the enemy was not snared and he would not attack. It seems to be working, it definitely destroyed its gear too.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:58:34 15/10/2016 by lamoracke
QuakeMarine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1211
#93 Posted: 19:54:46 15/10/2016
On my LG G5, the camera doesn't pan the way it's supposed to, meaning I can't target and sideline enemies whatsoever. That really sucks, since it performs SO much better than it did on my tablet.
Trogra Red Sparx Gems: 30
#94 Posted: 09:19:38 19/10/2016
Thanks for testing Tangled Kelp lamoracke. It must be a glitch in the displayed helper text only.

[User Posted Image]
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me