Forum

Skylanders: Battlecast

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Mobile > Skylanders: Battlecast > Official? Battlecast Bug/Glitch Tracking Thread(sticky?)
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Official? Battlecast Bug/Glitch Tracking Thread(sticky?) [STICKY]
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#1 Posted: 23:07:45 23/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Since we're starting to need one. Find those bugs! Just avoid High Five.

• -List the version you're playing on,be it iOS, Android,etc.
  • -How the glitch affects gameplay - model issues, effects not working, crashes
  • -What is affected or causes the glitch - a certain character, a certain combination of cards
  • -Ways of replicating the glitch - help out the devs by pointing out how they can recreate it,as specific as you can get.
  • -Videos or photos are optional but hey easy screenshot button on most phones, sleep+volume up on android iirc, home+sleep button on iOS.
  • -List the update. We're still on soft launch. People after release shouldn't have to think this is all coming in the Day One package.
  • -Because you get a special username that's not your Google Play Games/iTunes one ingame, list that as well if it's related to PVP.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 20:23:32 31/03/2016 by Bifrost
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#2 Posted: 23:32:05 23/03/2016
Thanks for creating the thread. I have 1.3.2797 on IoS (play on Ipad mini 2).

The enemy bar no longer shows what cards they have played in the bottom right black little scroll bar. It shows that for PvP but not against the story enemies. I find that very useful to see what cards they have and have played and can see the special villain cards. I know for example Broccoli Guy has Green Thumb and Flower Shower but can really never see the cards themselves.

Second. The cards in your deck are much more muddled on the bottom of the playing screen, if you have a bunch, its very hard to see what you have (trying to determine number where this happens). Sometimes the number does not show, for example, Wallop instead of a 5 will be just a circle and sometimes the words do not show up. The gold color of the cards is just harder to see in general. I can get used to that piece and am not saying its a bad color, but its harder to see the details when the darkening of the gold cards.

Also, it seems I am getting cards that are not in my customized deck playing. Have had shiny helmet show up in my first dealt set of cards and then just had Energize. Have triple checked my cards. I know sometimes you can get random cards during game play when certain cards are played but should not happen in your first turn. Its happened 3 out of my last 4 games so was not a single anomaly. It happened once in a blue moon before but the rate has increased, at least in the life arena.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 23:50:18 23/03/2016 by lamoracke
Sancho9000 Green Sparx Gems: 155
#3 Posted: 01:19:57 24/03/2016
@lamoracke, on that last issue, when you pick your 3 characters before a battle, it will check for any duplicate cards. And since you're only allowed 1 of each card in a deck (across all 3 characters), any duplicates will be swapped out for random cards. This could be what you're seeing. When you make the decks for your 3 characters, are there any duplicates between them? And are you making decks for all 3 characters you select before a battle? Let me know.

Thanks!
Sancho9000

--

http://twitter.com/sancho9000
#4 Posted: 01:58:05 24/03/2016
Hrm. That is a possibility. I have had games where I have gotten the same card (intentionally as a double) more than once in a battle not from a draw card so I thought this was an omission. Yes, I would have the same cards in my deck. I figured you could double up on purpose but obviously you would know better. I guess that would solve that. Makes me wonder now if I made the same deck on purpose 3 times with 3 skylanders, would I get a lot more extra cards or not, I think I will see.
JJAtelier Blue Sparx Gems: 727
#5 Posted: 06:07:15 24/03/2016
So is the whole non-duplicate a new thing in this patch? Because I would just liberally include 3 dupes of a particular non-elemental/neutral card and I noticed I would always draw 3 of them at some point (elemental cards included).

In any case, I think this made the deck building better and worst in some cases.

The pro's are that we won't see ridiculous shenanigans such as triple Eon's Judgement post-9 mana or absurdly strong AoE spells like Warly Birds, Leeching Mist and Tidal Wave. Including duplicates of some cards in your have the potential be game-breaking and somewhat arbitrary if players draw the copies at the right time. I'm not too sure if restricted to 1 copy is an entirely good decision but who knows, things are subjected to change.

The con is that deck building is now hectic as ever. We don't have the notification or interface to tell us we are including more than 1 copy of card the moment we jump right into a game. I now have to keep shuffling through the collection screen to check each Skylanders deck if there's a potential duplicate that might get replaced, thus giving me a rather trashy neutral card instead.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:07:59 24/03/2016 by JJAtelier
#6 Posted: 13:28:30 24/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Here's one I noticed in a recent video(some Android game showcase channel). The player was switching out every turn, but after a few, switching Spitfire in caused his particle effects to disappear - switching him out didn't fix it, though his attacks and spell effects still worked. Happened in the first Fire Realm mission, seems like the latest update because of some new graphics.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:28:55 24/03/2016 by Bifrost
#7 Posted: 13:47:39 24/03/2016
A little clarification on my first point and in my view, my most important one..."The enemy bar no longer shows what cards they have played in the bottom right black little scroll bar. It shows that for PvP but not against the story enemies. I find that very useful to see what cards they have and have played and can see the special villain cards. I know for example Broccoli Guy has Green Thumb and Flower Shower but can really never see the cards themselves."

I do see there are a couple of zones that this still works, like the one in the magic arena where all spells cost 0. However, the lion share of the zones this does not. Hopefully this is a glitch, I really like the ability to see in the bottom bar what cards the enemy has played and it allows me to see the cards in question in more detail too.

On a separate note, glad it was not just me who did not realize if we had 3 cards in our 30 card deck due to duplication from different skylanders, it would choose a random card. Yesterday I had to make a custom deck to defeat Broccoli Guy (who is indeed harder than Chompy Mage) with 3 stars and I had to write them all out to make sure I had no duplication.
#8 Posted: 16:45:02 24/03/2016
That was weird. Was playing in a PvP fight. Mind you, I think it was one that it was a bot, not a real person. I got to the very end, had my two opponents to like 70 and 40 HP and I had about 150-230 HP each for my three so I would say I was winning.

Then the opponent just stopped. Okay, I figured his/her turn would end and I would get my chance. It became my turn and the game ran my moves for me. I would have won if I had swapped and used a different power but it played my Shock card then attacked with Stormblade (mind you if I swapped, attacked with Spitfire with 100 HP damage), then did Shock, I would have won.

Strange to have the game take over for you. Once the game was done with all my available moves, then it gave me the choice to hit "end turn" and then the cycle repeated. It ran my moves for me again.

Nope, no coin bonus, so was probably a bot.

Doing it for a second match in a row. This time with much more time left. Wish I had remember the username. Different opponents for sure. Darn, was hoping to take a picture of one of Eruptor's three special moves this game for my gallery. Its choosing bad options like I think bots do. For example, I had 1 spell point with Hot Streak after it chose for me Torchnado and Auto Fire (nice of it to do those) but then did not do Nitromethane Boost before attacking. Weird to see myself being a bot.

Third match in a row, okay, its a thing now.

Has not happened last 5 games or so after I turned it off, so who knows, a random anomaly perhaps.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 19:41:50 24/03/2016 by lamoracke
#9 Posted: 18:49:13 24/03/2016
@lamoracke: we have a fix on it's way out for the History Bar (or what you call the Enemy Bar). Keep an eye out.

@JJAtelier: your observations about deck creation are spot on. We happen to agree with you and we're working hard on improving that experience overall.

--

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:57:05 12/04/2016 by Sancho9000
Roger_swe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1776
#10 Posted: 09:13:51 25/03/2016
Hi.
I can't complete the daily quest, Complete advanced training. I'm already completeted the training and been doing all 3 missions every day but it still not go away.
Playing on iOS (iPad) 9.2.1 and battlecast version 1.3.2797 (swedish).
---
SSA:37/37, SG:62/62, SSF:75/75, STT:56/56, SSC:66/66, Sidekick,Mini:24/24
AP:8/8, BP:4/4, EP:2/2, RP:4/4, Trophy:4/4, Trap:63/66, Item:33/33, Elite:14/14
#11 Posted: 13:28:13 25/03/2016
Yeah, I had the complete advanced training quest thing a while back and it eventually went away. Could not do it either, probably can only be done if you have the quest before you ever do it which is unlikely as you will likely do advanced training on your first day. Have had the scan three cards and add to your collection one for weeks but hopefully I will be able to finish that one within a week.
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13873
#12 Posted: 13:30:47 25/03/2016
Edit: Resolved
The free 3 card pack thing has been marked as unavailable for me since it was added, I dunno if it's a bug or there's some kind of cutoff point. smilie
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:25:16 26/03/2016 by dark52
#13 Posted: 17:36:40 25/03/2016
Hey @lamoracke and @dark52 if you can provide me with your multiplayer name, we can look into both issues for you. For example, my mulitplayer name is Fist Bump6669.

--

Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:37:16 25/03/2016 by Sancho9000
#14 Posted: 18:32:36 25/03/2016
My multi player name is ghostroaster705

Occasionally get the odd zone show the card bar but have not had my issue with the PvP again, the one where the computer took over my moves like I was a bot.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:03:19 25/03/2016 by lamoracke
#15 Posted: 20:12:10 25/03/2016
Mine's "CRUSHER5704"

Couple of other things I've seen on my ipad mini:

Pirate Powderkegs have no animation, they're completely frozen the entire match.

Rip Tide's "Go Fish" spell does not properly switch the character models. It fails to bring the model of the character being switched in to the frontline, luckily the game recognises that it is there for attacks so it doesn't really affect gameplay. The model remains bugged for the rest of the match so the frontline often appears completely empty.

Using "Stomp" on an enemy relic makes the match unplayable, you get what looks like an infinite stream of the stomp animation with no way to continue playing.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:25:02 26/03/2016 by dark52
#16 Posted: 22:22:25 25/03/2016
The daily pack issue should be fixed. Just kill the app and restart it.

--

#17 Posted: 22:43:12 25/03/2016
Yep it's working now, thanks. smilie
---
#18 Posted: 06:40:26 26/03/2016
Sancho9000. I just did the new update. Seems to be working now as well. Tested it with the air realm and the life realm. I missed my scroll bar. Thanks for fixing that so quickly.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:40:58 26/03/2016 by lamoracke
Carin_82 Red Sparx Gems: 60
#19 Posted: 13:49:34 26/03/2016

At the first update the skylanders are looking like statues, the only that's moving is the cards.
After the second update the graphics behind is all lost and look just like in the youtube clip I just posted.

The store is not working at all, it look like it did at the beginning and if I press on anything the whole game will freeze.

I'm playing on my andorid phone.
#20 Posted: 13:51:56 26/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Alright, now THAT is a big rendering error, even worse than the blurry effect Dark52 was getting - the background not only disappeared but what you're seeing is epically zoomed in models of the characters(you can barely make out Snap Shot's bow). Did you delete the cache before uninstalling and reinstalling? It's different from the file data, and iirc it can cause conflicts.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 13:56:18 26/03/2016 by Bifrost
#21 Posted: 23:53:48 26/03/2016
So, have done most of the zones now, all the preview card panels work. The card rendering thing on the bottom middle can still get a bit wonky especially the gold level 20 cards but hopefully that will be worked on eventually, does not stop game play.

Noticed one odd thing or two. Captain Dreadbeard. When he attacks, no card of attack is shown. Same with Shrednaught and Count Moneybone. Not sure that is an error or not, but certainly an oddity. Thus, they do not show their enemy attack cards in the history bar.

Also, Buzzer Beak appears to be invisible at the moment.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:02:40 27/03/2016 by lamoracke
#22 Posted: 08:41:59 27/03/2016
Seems like a variety of devices are plagued with unique glitches. I'm not too sure what the exact solution to this is other than optimisation issues on the developers part. But it might have something to do with out of date hardware specs or operating system hiccups for individuals. I'm using Nexus 5/iPad Air 2 with update-to-date versions of both Android/iOS and nothing out of the ordinary has come up other than the card play history not showing which was recently fixed.

@carin_82 What device are you using? It seems like a Galaxy Edge S6 or S7 but can't quite tell by the lighting. It may help developers just to give them some details on what phone/version people use for data collection.
#23 Posted: 09:40:15 05/04/2016
It''s been a while since I updated the Featured Cards thread but there appears to be another glitch where nothing in the shop appears for the Featured Card tab. If I try to navigate any other button the game just crashes and reboots itself.

This applies to both Android/iOS

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:41:36 05/04/2016 by JJAtelier
#24 Posted: 14:25:22 05/04/2016
Yeah, I could not get into featured cards today either. I was forced to do IoS 9.3.1 yesterday against my will, maybe that has something to do with it. Ipad mini 2. The Jumbo En Fuego Chompy also stopped my fight again this morning, he does it half the time.

I did get my daily spin though, but cant get my 3 card pack nor the featured cards.
Roger_swe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1776
#25 Posted: 19:57:25 05/04/2016
I had no problem with featured cards today. The cards is, Amulet of Healing, Fireball, Ten Gallon Hat. Got a pic if someone want it, unfortunately it's in Swedish.
Running on iPad, iOS 9.3.1
/Roger
---
SSA:37/37, SG:62/62, SSF:75/75, STT:56/56, SSC:66/66, Sidekick,Mini:24/24
AP:8/8, BP:4/4, EP:2/2, RP:4/4, Trophy:4/4, Trap:63/66, Item:33/33, Elite:14/14
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:58:56 05/04/2016 by Roger_swe
#26 Posted: 22:19:03 05/04/2016
Yep Roger, its back now.

I see the price of rare cards has gone up. I thought they were 200 before, now they are 250. This is not a glitch most likely, just an observation.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:31:50 05/04/2016 by lamoracke
#27 Posted: 23:46:45 05/04/2016
@Carin_82: We currently have a bug on Android where the art assets get stuck when you update to a new version. We're actively working on a solution. The temporary work around is to delete the app and reinstall it. This should return gameplay back to normal. You won't lose your data because it's store on your Google Play account.

--

#28 Posted: 03:56:29 06/04/2016
Thank you, I did that and now the game is working just fine again.
#29 Posted: 18:16:40 10/04/2016
Hey Sancho. One new bug. I tried scanning like 50 cards today. Most worked just fine despite the game being very clunky today (can't fight for example, but maintenance will be soon).

However, one card will not scan period. I have 2 copies of it too. Neither will. Its the epic card "The Tempest". I have tried other non-elemental cards, they scan instantly so its not the color. It will just not read this card. Have tried in different light settings, different rooms, just after another card scanning, messing around with every angle, etc. I think early on it tried once but has not since then period.

Thanks.
#30 Posted: 03:26:06 11/04/2016
I personally wouldn't be too upset because frankly speaking, The Tempest is probably one of the worst cards in the game. It was my first epic after completing the tutorial and I can vouch that it's gonna be difficult to make such a card work in a deck. Not to dissuade you but I would personally want to trade this card for something more substantial especially since you have a dupe.
#31 Posted: 04:59:36 11/04/2016
Well, I would agree, but as a completionist, I would like in the game eventually. I have 272/300 and that one would make 273/300. I imagine I will get it in the game eventually but still, if it can be fixed easily, it would be a good thing.
#32 Posted: 08:00:36 11/04/2016
Fair play, I think the entire concept of scanning cards has been rather iffy so far since I was initially getting a few errors when trying to scan Leafy Greens/Nether Grasp on fb.

P.S. You wouldn't happen to be related to Paul Briggs? Since I know your twitter handle is Gareth Briggs but I'm also under the impression you're the same person since both of you are missing Jet-Vac. Could be coincidence or I'm just too dumb to notice smilie
#33 Posted: 13:29:35 11/04/2016
Its me actually. Just set up twitter years ago for a Neopets thing and really do not use it much.
#34 Posted: 12:27:43 14/04/2016
Updated to Version 1.3.3035

(iPad mini)
Edit: This one seems to have been partially resolved.
Enemy card display looks to be fixed (thanks!) but unfortunately now there's an issue viewing my own cards. It's very noticeable during the Skylander selection screen where the numbers at the top and the lock icons on the cards flicker like mad while scrolling through (the glitch where it gets stuck between two cards and goes nuts switching back and forth between them is also still happening btw). Not a massive gameplay problem there but once I'm in a match the cards at the bottom are having a similar issue, which means it has become harder to tell which cards I'll have enough energy to use. Sometimes I can see half the number, sometimes I can't see the number at all. Screenshot

Also just a personal preference thing but the cards shown when you tap on the history bar seem to be tiny compared to what they were before. (which means now it's actually smaller than the card that shows up when the enemy plays a card smilie)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:01:30 21/04/2016 by dark52
#35 Posted: 21:56:35 14/04/2016
Version 1.3.3035

Definitely things have changed but these are the things I have noticed so far playing through the fire, air and tech zones that could be considered bugs

Twisted Crystals, the card from Stormblade, causes no damage, thus its not working properly. Have tried in different zones on different enemies. It takes the highest crystal card but does no damage to any enemies. Should be 10 damage for each value of the card.

Seems enemies are easier now, they do not have round 2 most of the time. Probably not a glitch, but just mentioning.

Anyway, minus The Tempest still not scanning, am enjoying the new zones, the cards looking crisp, the new deck building and formatting. Will keep a look out for anything else unusual that warrants a bug report as I play through.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:35:21 15/04/2016 by lamoracke
treybattlecast Red Sparx Gems: 15
#36 Posted: 22:41:06 14/04/2016
Have you tried the scanning suggestions I offered for The Tempest?
#37 Posted: 23:24:27 14/04/2016
Yes, in fact, your suggestion of just focusing in on the picture did help one thing...get the picture of the card to illuminate. However, neither of my two versions will add, just keeps saying error, try to hold the card steady, etc.

The only way I can get the card to recognize is to focus in on the picture as you suggested but then when it instantly zooms out perhaps, it can't see it. I will keep trying.
#38 Posted: 00:04:40 15/04/2016
@dark52: we're actively working on a fix for the card flickering issue. Stay tuned!

--

#39 Posted: 01:50:08 15/04/2016
So after reinstalling several times, there's still one persistent bug on my Nexus 5 with the current version 1.3.3035.

#1 The Story Mode campaign map has become somewhat glitchy with parts of the Islands not fully showing unless you zoom straight in.

Can still enter and play the levels just the map isn't showing the entirety.

[User Posted Image]
#40 Posted: 15:35:35 15/04/2016
@JJAtelier: we saw this issue too and we're working on a fix for it. It's caused by the art layers overlapping each other. stay tuned!

--

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:16:00 18/04/2016 by Sancho9000
#41 Posted: 14:43:30 18/04/2016
I've had an occasional issue with the new deck system while playing VS, sometimes it starts the match with the wrong Skylander on the frontline.

Edit:
Updated to Version 1.3.3070

Same issues as before but in a higher res! smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:32:14 18/04/2016 by dark52
#42 Posted: 23:15:44 18/04/2016
@dark52: when you are creating a deck, the Skylander you put in the top slot is the one that ends up being your frontline Skylander. If one of the Skylanders in the bottom 2 slots ends up on the frontline, then let me know (and send a screenshot if you can).

--

#43 Posted: 01:17:22 19/04/2016
Realised the common link between the matches where it happened was that they were against the players who have non-generated names... if you get what I mean. smilie

Here's a series of screenshots anyway:

Decks - Roller Brawl at the top of the deck
Selected - Roller Brawl in the middle
Found opponent - Roller Brawl in the prominent position
Trigger Happy?! - And Trigger Happy in the frontline as the coin flips (and looks like the opponent's characters are out wrong too)

And as a bonus glitch that happened while I was trying to repeat this here's a Ninjini T-pose when she's supposed to be in her bottle.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:19:18 19/04/2016 by dark52
#44 Posted: 20:07:51 19/04/2016
So, to confirm, here are my existing glitches and one new one.

Twisted Crystals will still not work. The language on the card says the following..."Replace the highest cost card in your hand. Slice an enemy for 10 damage for each energy that card costs". I have Showdown in my hand. It takes the card, that should do 100 damage to the enemy. All 3 enemies have no damage taken on them.

The card Chill Bill's Cooler is not showing its picture anymore. Its just a purple smudge in the picture that used to have the graphics. I have the card at level 10 so its probably just for folks who at least have silver and have the lovely animated graphics. (to clarify, this happens in both battles and your collection list)

And of course, its been weeks now and I still cannot scan The Tempest. I have tried outside, inside, with 6 different lights, upside down, sideways, different angles. I can get it recognize it and illuminate thanks to a suggestion of focusing on just the picture, but it will not add to the collection, period. Again, its not just that particular card, I have 2 copies of the Tempest so its not just one bad one. It will keep saying "there was an error scanning your card, please try again"

Most of my epic cards I cant scan and get ticket progress as most are level 10. I guess that is a big disadvantage for those who play a bit first before buying packs.

My version is 1.3.3070
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 21:26:18 19/04/2016 by lamoracke
#45 Posted: 20:49:08 19/04/2016
@iamoracke: What Apple device are you using to play the game?

--

#46 Posted: 21:06:35 19/04/2016
I have an ipad mini 2
#47 Posted: 16:40:38 23/04/2016
Once again I got problems with the game and this time it won't help reinstall the game.

Everytime I try to start av fight the skylanders just stand there. The cards aren't coming up so I can start play.

If I try to go in to my collection the background is all Grey and I can't do anything.

I wanted som much collect the last coins I needed to buy jawbreaker in the store but now this will not be possible. Sigh!

I'm playing on my Android Phone.
#48 Posted: 03:24:30 24/04/2016
Can vouch for @carin_82. Same problem is occurring for me on Nexus 5 device.
#49 Posted: 05:19:57 24/04/2016
Not to pile on, but no experience for skylanders or cards are being given for PvP fights. So its 4x as hard to level up cards in story mode as the experience has doubled and only 5 experience per story mode and no experience for pvp fights.

I just hope the experience charts go back to where they were, even for someone who likes to play a lot like me (not the casual fan), this is quite crazy to even contemplate leveling cards right now.
#50 Posted: 11:53:35 24/04/2016
Well luckily for some, iOS is still in playable condition. I may have received my iPad back after repairs but with a good chunk of my progress on Android it's a tad frustrating.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me