First | Previous | Page 6 of 7 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Wave 5 [OFFICIAL TOPIC]
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#251 Posted: 00:21:52 20/05/2016
I don't know how you folks get lucky to get your padded envelopes in and not have crushed packages. :P

My Thrillipede arrived today. Package crushed. I guess my FedEx driver hates me. :(

I was waiting to find Buzz Wing in store and was just going to exchange it there - but since both arrived before I found either in-stores, I figured I'd just call in and see if they could help a brother out. They're reshipping me a set at no cost (and added to the notes requesting a box, but since they *should* ship together, I assume they'd ship in a box this time). Now, because I'm not looking for freebies or hand-outs - if Dark is okay with it, once my new figures arrive, I'll probably do some kind of fun give-away here on the site for the pair. I'll let y'all know. :D
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#252 Posted: 00:54:44 20/05/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Yes, because his artwork shows a lot of cheerfulness while these usually are either the challenging-the-odds type(Deja Vu, the swappers) or the imposing type.

In fact,lemme do that right now, I got him on my bookmarks.

http://i.imgur.com/YEuVO7q.jpg

Very quick change and really not going to match the shading because I'm busy doing other painting stuff, but yeesh. It's worse than Eggcited - ok not going to exaggerate you can't get worse than Eggcited. There's nowhere for the viewer's eye to go without a darker spot. If he was looking down on you,with heavy shadows,then it'd work,but then the personality would have to change.

Well, it's not like I needed to sleep anyway... smilie

But yeah, I kinda implied that what brothers me about Thrillipede's toy not having pupils is the fact he is supposed to have them, since he has them in-game, and that's because they go well with his design.

Stealth Elf looked rather hideous with pupils but this is just something straight from Hell!

Jus a quick question, UncleBob, does you Thrillipede have pupiless eyes as well?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#253 Posted: 01:31:50 20/05/2016
I think all the Trhillipedes have those soulless, pupil less eyes. It was the first thing I noticed when I got mine today.
---
Dead
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#254 Posted: 01:37:05 20/05/2016
Quote: mega spyro
I think all the Trhillipedes have those soulless, pupil less eyes. It was the first thing I noticed when I got mine today.

Oh, great.

Thanks for confirming, I guess it isn't an error after all...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#255 Posted: 05:55:55 20/05/2016
This is the doom Gamemaster78 foretold! Flee, children, while you still can!
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#256 Posted: 06:40:53 20/05/2016
Has anyone seen thrill or buzz in store yet thou? I havent been to tru in awhile so it could be there.
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#257 Posted: 06:47:07 20/05/2016
Quote: UncleBob
I don't know how you folks get lucky to get your padded envelopes in and not have crushed packages. smilie

My Thrillipede arrived today. Package crushed. I guess my FedEx driver hates me. smilie

I was waiting to find Buzz Wing in store and was just going to exchange it there - but since both arrived before I found either in-stores, I figured I'd just call in and see if they could help a brother out. They're reshipping me a set at no cost (and added to the notes requesting a box, but since they *should* ship together, I assume they'd ship in a box this time). Now, because I'm not looking for freebies or hand-outs - if Dark is okay with it, once my new figures arrive, I'll probably do some kind of fun give-away here on the site for the pair. I'll let y'all know. smilie

That's cool man smilie

There are supposed to be released today at my country, so I'll go and check them out this afternoon. Has anyone get a two segment antennae thrillipede? Wondering if this "variant" is still happening with the regular version.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#258 Posted: 07:05:16 20/05/2016
Quote: SlayerX11
Has anyone seen thrill or buzz in store yet thou? I havent been to tru in awhile so it could be there.

Mines told me they are being put out on the 24th.
flashwingftw Emerald Sparx Gems: 3332
#259 Posted: 19:14:30 20/05/2016
Just found Buzz Wing at my Toys R Us, but no regular Thrillipedes ): I'm contemplating just getting the Easter version because I'm so sick of waiting lol
---
The PinkPrint is on iTunes now! #TeamMinaj
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#260 Posted: 20:05:12 20/05/2016
Thrillipede is do out May 24th I believe. Sorry I typed June by mistake.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:13:54 20/05/2016 by trixster68
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#261 Posted: 20:06:31 20/05/2016
Quote: trixster68
Rhrillipede is do out june 24th I believe.

Wrong month. It's May.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#262 Posted: 20:26:03 20/05/2016
Quote: Chompy-King257

Wrong month. It's May.

That's the rumor that some stores are holding him until then. However, you can order both him or Buzz Wing right now on toysrus.com, the product page re-appeared when they started shipping them out Tuesday, many already have them. If you care about packaging, it might be iffy, but ordering them together increases the chance of both of them being put together in a box (now that they have both in stock), although sometimes they bend the card to do that.

A press release indicated that they are a short term exclusive for TRU, but will appear elsewhere shortly after - although many other stores have heavily diminished Skylander displays and stocking. If you want them and don't intend to keep them packaged, you can order them right now with free shipping (if you get both), they say "Economy", but from what I have seen that tends to be two day ground Fedex. Or you can wait until next Tuesday and hope your TRU gets them in and remembers to put them out (if they haven't already, many TRU stores have already put out Buzz Wing).
#263 Posted: 20:43:27 20/05/2016
Quote: defpally
Quote: Chompy-King257

Wrong month. It's May.

That's the rumor that some stores are holding him until then. However, you can order both him or Buzz Wing right now on toysrus.com, the product page re-appeared when they started shipping them out Tuesday, many already have them. If you care about packaging, it might be iffy, but ordering them together increases the chance of both of them being put together in a box (now that they have both in stock), although sometimes they bend the card to do that.

A press release indicated that they are a short term exclusive for TRU, but will appear elsewhere shortly after - although many other stores have heavily diminished Skylander displays and stocking. If you want them and don't intend to keep them packaged, you can order them right now with free shipping (if you get both), they say "Economy", but from what I have seen that tends to be two day ground Fedex. Or you can wait until next Tuesday and hope your TRU gets them in and remembers to put them out (if they haven't already, many TRU stores have already put out Buzz Wing).

I'm an instore kind of guy, but thank you for the advice. I just called someone I know who works at my local TRU and he said the date is still the 24th over here.
---
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#264 Posted: 03:27:40 21/05/2016
So only Buzz Wing has been sighted on shelves in TRU so far? Has anyone seen Thrillipede in person?
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#265 Posted: 05:28:29 21/05/2016
Well the 24th is 3 days away so im cool with waiting, I haven't been in tru since last month so it gives me a reason to see whats there, besides at this point it would be faster then ordering them online. Maybe I'll get lucky and find a Jirachi plush return. So far missing him and mew.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#266 Posted: 08:09:58 24/05/2016
So apparently none of the nearby stores were showing any inventory in the system for Thrillipede.
I wouldn't worry about it, though. There's been times when games and stuff didn't arrive until UPS/etc brought it in sometime later in the day.
---
#all Spyros are valid
#267 Posted: 08:30:58 24/05/2016
Back in Swap Force's wave 3, the truck with the shipment of Sheep Wreck Island and Arkeyan Crossbow didn't arrive at my local TRU until in the evening, so it's likely that's the case here.
#268 Posted: 13:43:09 24/05/2016
Well at this point, Thrillipede is still available online, but Buzz Wing is not. I know some people like to keep them packaged, but I fear the window has closed if you were waiting for the 24th to buy them in person. I think UncleBob had the right approach, order them online and when they came in poor condition, have their customer service rectify it. Because there is no guarantee stores will get them in or when.
#269 Posted: 15:52:34 24/05/2016
Quote: defpally
Well at this point, Thrillipede is still available online, but Buzz Wing is not. I know some people like to keep them packaged, but I fear the window has closed if you were waiting for the 24th to buy them in person. I think UncleBob had the right approach, order them online and when they came in poor condition, have their customer service rectify it. Because there is no guarantee stores will get them in or when.

I just picked my Buzz Wing up in store about half an hour ago. No Thrillipede however.
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#270 Posted: 16:36:34 24/05/2016
Both TRUs I checked had Buzz Wing, but still waiting for Thrillipede. I was surprised how few they had... One store only got 6, and the other only 4!
#271 Posted: 17:16:35 24/05/2016
Has anyone seen Thrillipede yet?
Eggman1115 Green Sparx Gems: 183
#272 Posted: 17:22:46 24/05/2016
TRU in Erie had Buzzwing, said try tomorrow on Thrillipede
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#273 Posted: 19:59:16 24/05/2016
Quote: Eggman1115

So Erie as in the OH one? That's my closest TRU and I'm going there on the 31st. I was going to give them a call but I'll wait now.
#274 Posted: 20:00:11 24/05/2016
Holy Christ, TRU - why do you hate me?

My replacement order arrived today. Two separate bubble mailers. Both crushed once again. Seriously - why not ship these together in a box?

TRU.com has offered to replace both for me again - I'm just taking Buzz Wing to my "local" store to trade him out - got a tip from fellow forumer SpyBomb that the "local" store has 'em in stock and called over and they're going to hold me one. Just having them reship Thrillipede (they upgraded him to free 2-Day Shipping in hopes that he'll ship in better condition this way).

Guh.

If anyone from Toys R Us, or someone from Activision that deals with Toys R Us happens to be reading this - suggestion - You sell toys - but many people collect those toys. And from the rep I spoke with, I'm not the only one who buys toys from you as collectables and they arrive... less than preferred. I (and I'm sure, other collectors) would pay a small premium (like $1-$2) if you offered some kind of "Collector's Shipping" - where the item is placed in a BOX, with padding, where it's intended to arrive undamaged to the destination. I know damage in shipping happens - but this could be a win-win for everyone. Heck, make it so regular shipping/return doesn't cover things like damaged packaging - and if you care about the condition of the package, then you'd better pay that extra $1-$2 "insurance" that would cover it.

Just a thought. :D
#275 Posted: 20:06:46 24/05/2016
Quote: GigaCamo
Quote: Eggman1115

So Erie as in the OH one? That's my closest TRU and I'm going there on the 31st. I was going to give them a call but I'll wait now.

Erie PA. I was there today as well and they told me the same thing. Try tomorrow. Though I said screw it an ordered Thrillipede online. I hope he has a good paint job.
#276 Posted: 20:12:06 24/05/2016
Thanks. I think it's also close to OH
#277 Posted: 20:16:31 24/05/2016
Yeah, it is. Right near the state border.
#278 Posted: 20:49:43 24/05/2016
Dang, looks like they might've been lazy with Thrillipede's release. If you promise a release date, you should maybe try shipping them out before said date...
#279 Posted: 21:02:17 24/05/2016
Quote: GinjaNinja
Yeah, it is. Right near the state border.

Thanks. I'll call on Friday.
#280 Posted: 21:10:34 24/05/2016
Quote: TrapShadowFan
Dang, looks like they might've been lazy with Thrillipede's release. If you promise a release date, you should maybe try shipping them out before said date...

Who promised a release date?
#281 Posted: 21:30:36 24/05/2016
Got Buzz Wing, along with a Booster Pack for Battlecast. No Thrillipede. I imagine we'll see him sooner of later.
---
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#282 Posted: 21:40:48 24/05/2016
My TRU (in Cincinnati) didn't have Thrillipede either.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#283 Posted: 22:05:51 24/05/2016 | Topic Creator

Who promised a release date?

Activision released a online announcement announcing Thrillipede and Buzz Wing's release dates.
---
Bruh
#284 Posted: 22:39:12 24/05/2016
I recall there being a press release - but don't recall it saying Thrillipede on the 24th in Toys R Us. Got a Link handy?
#285 Posted: 22:44:02 24/05/2016
They said that Thrillipede was "available now" in the press release, but they always say that even if it's a month before release. Stores were promised shipments of Thrillipede on the 24th.
#286 Posted: 22:53:08 24/05/2016
Where did Activision promise stores shipments of Thrillipede on the 24th?
#287 Posted: 00:26:27 25/05/2016
Most, if not all stores I and many others have asked about Thrillipede and Buzz Wing had previously commented they were expecting a shipment to be released on the 24th. All my TRU stores in town said this, and it was also listed on their site as the release date.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#288 Posted: 00:34:57 25/05/2016 | Topic Creator
I recall there being a press release - but don't recall it saying Thrillipede on the 24th in Toys R Us. Got a Link handy?

It's one or another page before in this topic, I think.
---
Bruh
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#289 Posted: 00:44:34 25/05/2016
WIll Thrillipede be like the Yawn Traps? >:3
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
#290 Posted: 00:47:08 25/05/2016
So... TRU "promised" you an in-store release date of the 24th because some employees at the store said they were "expecting" them - and somehow that obligates Activision to ship them out?
#291 Posted: 00:52:33 25/05/2016
That was the date posted everywhere, so I would be expecting them to release them on that day, just like they've done with past releases. This year was nice but they were definitely not on their A-Game with the figure-releasing this time around. If Nintendo promised an amiibo release date and they never even shipped out any of said amiibo to begin with after previously posting that it's available "now in all major retailers," it's the same thing. Skylanders just does it more often so we're used to it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:54:41 25/05/2016 by TrapShadowFan
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#292 Posted: 00:57:51 25/05/2016
Quote: Luminous35
WIll Thrillipede be like the Yawn Traps? >:3

No, because these were actually shipped out if you ordered online, plus a few people have found them in store.
---
Dead
#293 Posted: 01:04:56 25/05/2016
That was the date posted everywhere, so I would be expecting them to release them on that day, just like they've done with past releases. This year was nice but they were definitely not on their A-Game with the figure-releasing this time around. If Nintendo promised an amiibo release date and they never even shipped out any of said amiibo to begin with after previously posting that it's available "now in all major retailers," it's the same thing. Skylanders just does it more often so we're used to it.

You weren't around for the Wave 2 amiibo release, were you?

Anywhoo, that date may have been "everywhere" - but it was never announced as a date by Activision... so it's silly to hold them to it. The "now in all major retailers" thing is something worth holding them to though.
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#294 Posted: 02:10:21 25/05/2016
My friend at TRU said they were being for an event coming up! I bet you that you get it as a preorder bonus with 20.00 down towards Sky 6.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
#295 Posted: 03:10:02 25/05/2016

You weren't around for the Wave 2 amiibo release, were you?

Anywhoo, that date may have been "everywhere" - but it was never announced as a date by Activision... so it's silly to hold them to it. The "now in all major retailers" thing is something worth holding them to though.

During the amiibo shortage, Nintendo shipped out amiibo, just not in large quantities. In this situation, most stores have not received Thrillipede to put on their shelves. Though both Nintendo AND Activision are guilty on advertising stock that doesn't exist.
#296 Posted: 03:34:27 25/05/2016
Incorrect. Smash Bros. Wave 2 was supposed to consist of six characters. Only three arrived in-stores on launch day. The other three trickled out over the next few weeks. I recall because I had all six pre-ordered at TRU, they "picked them up" for me, then went to get them from the back and realized they had only gotten three of the six in-stock and had to refund me the other three. I read several places - no one reported getting all six, then I called Nintendo myself and was told Wave 2 had been split to Wave 2A and Wave 2B.

https://www.destructoid.com/am...nd-284957.phtml

See, missing in-store dates (and this was one published by Nintendo themselves) obviously isn't that big of a deal. Less than two years later, people don't even remeber it happening.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:39:17 25/05/2016 by UncleBob
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#297 Posted: 03:50:03 25/05/2016
I prefer to buy skylanders at Gamestop, but they don't even have Buzz Wing in their system yet.
---
Any last wishes?
#298 Posted: 10:57:53 25/05/2016

My replacement order arrived today. Two separate bubble mailers. Both crushed once again. Seriously - why not ship these together in a box?

TRU.com has offered to replace both for me again - I'm just taking Buzz Wing to my "local" store to trade him out - got a tip from fellow forumer SpyBomb that the "local" store has 'em in stock and called over and they're going to hold me one. Just having them reship Thrillipede (they upgraded him to free 2-Day Shipping in hopes that he'll ship in better condition this way).

Guh.

If anyone from Toys R Us, or someone from Activision that deals with Toys R Us happens to be reading this - suggestion - You sell toys - but many people collect those toys. And from the rep I spoke with, I'm not the only one who buys toys from you as collectables and they arrive... less than preferred. I (and I'm sure, other collectors) would pay a small premium (like $1-$2) if you offered some kind of "Collector's Shipping" - where the item is placed in a BOX, with padding, where it's intended to arrive undamaged to the destination. I know damage in shipping happens - but this could be a win-win for everyone. Heck, make it so regular shipping/return doesn't cover things like damaged packaging - and if you care about the condition of the package, then you'd better pay that extra $1-$2 "insurance" that would cover it.

Just a thought. smilie

Your growing army of Thrillipedes can join my army of Power Blue Splats and take over the world!

As far as the whole "promise" thing on Thrillipede's release that TrapShadowFan is talking about, that's pretty funny. The only place that listed the 24th was a list at TRU that they really aren't supposed to be sharing with customers. It is absurd to be holding them to fan speculation based on that. They said available at TRU first in the Press Release and elsewhere after. It IS available at TRU, you can order him online right now, they never specified "in store". And if you do not keep them packaged, there is no reason to not have ordered them - you would have it right now and the whole point would be moot.

I sympathize with people like UncleBob that want to keep them in the box, but other than that if you are upset stores do not have them yet you intend to open them you have no one to blame but yourself. It was posted on here that you could save 20% off each and get free shipping back when they popped up.
Spybomb Blue Sparx Gems: 636
#299 Posted: 12:47:49 25/05/2016

Guh.

Just a thought. smilie

Nice seeing you Ub. Glad you got your buzzwing I'm currently waiting for my padded envelope thrill to ship. Go team envelope!!
First | Previous | Page 6 of 7 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me