Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > The Haven Legends (The Missing s fifth act)
First | Previous | Page 43 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 48 49 50
The Haven Legends (The Missing s fifth act) [CLOSED]
Waaksian Emerald Sparx Gems: 4906
#2101 Posted: 03:04:07 03/07/2016
Quote: Felines
Savannah nodded, agreeing with Odette. She was just having this bad feeling that whatever creature was out there, may not be as small as they believed. She then remembered something of absolute importance.
"Odette is right. We should at least warn them. I have this feeling that whatever this thing is, it's not so small. Doesn't they have a vulture friend? if we can find out who this vulture is, we can tell him so that he can deliver the message." Savannah said, but that was just a feeling. She had no proof.

Her brother was tired of her overwhelming concern.
"Now listen sis, this is getting too far. Remember that we don't know who this vulture is. They are afraid of us. Even if we approached, they will fly away on the spot. Besides, we have our own problems already. Let's leave them be! They will find out sooner or later!" he insisted, now wanting to butt in others's problems. Savannah's concern was still there, and she didn't want to believe that the Haven residents will find out about this predator way too late if they the dingoes didn't do anything to warn them.

"My decision stands. We will not be bothering them over this issue. They can handle it themselves," Jaeger stated with finality. "I understand the concern, but we can't let Sybil think that we're standing behind her. We are not." With that, he stood up and turned to leave.

Odette simply sighed in disappointment. She was very worried for the small creatures of the Haven, in case the new predator would start to target prey bigger than the tiny birds. She was particularly worried for AJ, the margay. She had grown very attached to the little feline, almost as if he were her own to care for. He was very sick and ill at the time she had cared for him, of course. He was helpless. And she hated to think of him being helpless once again, this time at the hands of a hungry creature.
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8630
#2102 Posted: 03:12:02 03/07/2016
"Fine I'll do it for you Sayan." Rose said. She then began to eat the rest of the fish.
---
SC
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#2103 Posted: 04:32:41 03/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Sybil smiled when she saw Rose finally being reasonable, and finally, she could play with Mambo without worries in the world... at least for now. Even as they partied, this mysterious creature that has been the talk of the year within the dingo community was still striking, this time, moving to warblers with families that lived far away from the flock. The loners and hermits were all gone, save for Yodel, whose only salvation was the fact that he flew away often to listen to the latest gossiping and bother the residents for his own amusement. Whoever this predator was, it sure knew how to make it's moves, since not even the warblers themselves knew about it's existence.

In the past...

Savannah was left disappointed with Jaeger's decision.
"Well Sybil doesn't have to know it was us. Whoever their vulture friend is, we can..." she began to say, but her brother shushed her.
"Savannah! That is enough! You heard the boss! We have too many problems to worry about others. Whatever this predator is, they will find out sooner or later. They wouldn't be THAT clueless!" he said sternly, wanting his sister to forget about it already. They were predators themselves, so they had no business to mess with another one's strategy and feeding.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#2104 Posted: 16:14:38 03/07/2016
Odette didn't argue any further, not wanting to agitate Savannah's brother. "I guess we'll just have to wait and see," she simply stated, standing up and preparing to leave.
#2105 Posted: 16:28:00 03/07/2016
Soon Rose ate the rest of the fish. She still didn't feel any better but she did it for Sayan.
---
SC
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:10:14 03/07/2016 by Spyroconvexity
#2106 Posted: 16:53:25 03/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Sybil continued teasing Mambo, giving occasional glances to Rose to see if she was eating. She could barely wait for the drought to be over completely so that Rose and all of them could eat without worrying about the others. It won't be long now. Sybil was so happy, especially since she wouldn't have to worry about Shadow or another invasion. She wanted to lower her guard, and just be happy...

Quote: Waaksian
Odette didn't argue any further, not wanting to agitate Savannah's brother. "I guess we'll just have to wait and see," she simply stated, standing up and preparing to leave.

Savannah returned to the pack, knowing that they were too many words against her, even her own brother. She knew that the Haven residents would have to know eventually, but for how long? The way this predator acted, it could be many days, even months before they realized something was wrong. She took pity on the poor warblers losing their lives because they didn't do anything, but then her brother tried to cheer her up.
"Come on sis. Don't feel like that. I really don't understand you. You heard the boss. We shouldn't interfere." he said, wanting to play a game to try to make her forget about it.
---
#2107 Posted: 03:19:51 04/07/2016
Instead of returning to her den as she originally had planned, Odette decided to meet up with a friend within the pack grounds. It was the younger male who had helped take care of AJ. He had grown older and more skilled as time had gone by, and was now a scout well within his training. He was off duty at the time, so they were able to chat for a bit.
#2108 Posted: 04:40:12 04/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Savannah quietly left her brother's side and followed Odette. She seemed like the only one besides who supported the idea of helping the Haven residents, thinking she could have an idea on how to warn them. It was strange for her why she was worrying all of the sudden for Sybil and the others, when both Jaeger and her brother had a point. They didn't do much to help them, save Sybil who allowed access to the forest, but what good did that do if they had to remain hidden from everybody else? Savannah simply admired Sybil for having such a noble cause, and believed that if they helped them, it would help clean so,e of the bad fame her species had, just like what happened to the keas. Savannah remained outside the old dingos's home, ready to be of help in any way she could.
---
#2109 Posted: 03:11:56 05/07/2016
Odette and her friend decided to head back to her own home, where they found Savannah waiting for her.
"Oh, hello," she greeted.
"She already told me what was going on," the male began, "and I wish that the boss would have seen it your way. But maybe there's a way that we could still help, without crossing their borders."
#2110 Posted: 03:27:08 05/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Savannah was glad to be noticed, and thought she had the perfect plan for them to help without crossing the border like the old dingo said.
"Well, the only way I can think of if we can identify the vulture living with them. I have seen this bird flying in and out of the outback many times, probably to get food. If we manage to catch this vulture, then perhaps we can make him deliver the message." Savannah suggested, since capture was the only way. The vultures were terrified of the pack, and that most certainly included Warren, so that was the only way. The problem was they didn't know his name. And there were so many vultures in their territory...
---
#2111 Posted: 03:41:08 05/07/2016
OOC: Wait, who's the old dingo? You referred to Odette as the old one in your earlier post, and then the other dingo as the old one in your latest.

The dingo shuffled his paws in thought. "That's what I was thinking, too. But I'm not familiar with the vultures in any way. I don't have any experience with them. We could find someone who does, but I don't want us to be found out. The boss wouldn't like it if we went against his word behind his back."
#2112 Posted: 04:13:59 05/07/2016 | Topic Creator
OOC: Wait, who's the old dingo? You referred to Odette as the old one in your earlier post, and then the other dingo as the old one in your latest.

The dingo shuffled his paws in thought. "That's what I was thinking, too. But I'm not familiar with the vultures in any way. I don't have any experience with them. We could find someone who does, but I don't want us to be found out. The boss wouldn't like it if we went against his word behind his back."

OOC: When did I refer to Oddete as the old one? I always refer to her by name and the old dingo as just that. Sorry if there was a confusion somewhere.

Savannah knew there were many flaws in her plan, but she couldn't think of anything else.
"That was my thought as well. We must keep it a secret. It's hard to know who this vulture is, since we don't even know his, or her name... but I was thinking we could lay a trap." she suggested, and then told her plan.
"Vultures eat carrion, no? If we can hunt something and leave it close to the Haven, then we can capture the vulture... but..." she pondered, then pointing out the vital flaw in that idea.
"We must succeed. If the vulture escapes, he may say to the civet that weare being hostile." Savannah pointed out, knowing that if that happened, it could seriously damage the view the Haven residents had on them. They had enough bad fame already. She welcomed any new ideas though. That was the only one she had in mind.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:49:32 05/07/2016 by Felines
#2113 Posted: 04:34:46 05/07/2016
OOC: Oh, so Savannah was at the male dingo's home? Sorry, I must have misread your earlier post. I thought she was at Odette's place. Also, I must have not made it clear, but the male isn't old. He's actually quite young, more so than the other two. I was just saying that he had gotten older since last time we've seen him.

"Why don't we leave a message for them telling to meet us. Or-- better yet, tell them what's going on with the warblers," Odette offered. "They may not listen to it, but it's a better alternative than trying to catch them."
"Yes, but how can we do it?"
#2114 Posted: 05:01:52 05/07/2016
"Shi. I'm going on a flight. If you want to come you're more than welcome to join." He then took off on his patrol route before the party which took him along the outback which he hadn't gone to in awhile. "Man this place hasn't changed in awhile." He continued to fly all the while making thunder with his wings.
---
SC
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 01:33:40 06/07/2016 by Spyroconvexity
#2115 Posted: 07:00:15 05/07/2016 | Topic Creator
OOC: Hey Spyroconvexity, you didn't have to delete your post. It would have been enough just changing it smilie

OOC: Oh, so Savannah was at the male dingo's home? Sorry, I must have misread your earlier post. I thought she was at Odette's place. Also, I must have not made it clear, but the male isn't old. He's actually quite young, more so than the other two. I was just saying that he had gotten older since last time we've seen him.

"Why don't we leave a message for them telling to meet us. Or-- better yet, tell them what's going on with the warblers," Odette offered. "They may not listen to it, but it's a better alternative than trying to catch them."
"Yes, but how can we do it?"

OOC: Oh, so that explains it. Next time, let's try to be more specific smilie

"You mean leave a message to the vultures?" Savannah asked, wondering if he was talking about all of them.
"Wait until they are all gathered around and tell them there is a big predator at the Haven and hope that one of them is the vulture staying at the Haven!? I'm sorry, but I don't think that's a great idea." Savannah stated, firmly believing that if there was a predator exterminating the warblers, the rest of the vultures could misinterpret that as another opportunity to get food.
---
#2116 Posted: 10:17:33 05/07/2016
Ooc: I've edited my post.
---
SC
#2117 Posted: 13:40:58 05/07/2016
"Well, I didn't mean all of them."
"But how are we going to find our vulture? We have no way of knowing who they are. Maybe trying to get all of their attention would be the best thing to do. They'd either not do anything about it or warn the Haven. There isn't much risk," he stated.
#2118 Posted: 17:05:10 05/07/2016 | Topic Creator
OOC: Remember Spyroconvexity that we are drifting from past to present. You need to be more specific than that. And isn't Sozen much larger than Warren? A vulture wouldn't be confused with an eagle unless very far away. What's more, you need to be more specific on why Sozen decided to patrol the outback all of the sudden like that.

Savannah kept thinking on what could be done about the matter, but then figured out that if it was a message all that they needed to deliver, they needed someone, not necessarily a vulture.
"What if we used... a skink." Savannah suggested, the outback being quite abundant with western blue-tongue lizards, or skinks. These lizards were far more smarter than the tiny lizards the Haven residents hunted, and had the ability to talk a little, so that could be a chance. They just needed to capture one and tell him to deliver a message.
---
#2119 Posted: 17:16:49 05/07/2016
"That could work," Odette said thoughtfully.
"It would be much easier than catching a vulture."
"But how would we get it to listen to us? They have no obligation to us or the Haven. Who's to say it'll send the message if we tell it to?"
#2120 Posted: 21:00:08 05/07/2016 | Topic Creator
"Well, I suppose we will have to strike some sort of deal." Savannah concluded, knowing that nothing was for free, especially at their outback home.
---
#2121 Posted: 21:09:57 05/07/2016
Ooc:fixed. Sorry I was very tired when I wrote that.
---
SC
#2122 Posted: 00:01:45 06/07/2016
"How much could a skink possibly want?" Odette inquired. "I mean, it's a tiny animal. Would we just catch a whole bunch of bugs for it?"
"I don't know much about skinks, either, but I'm getting the hunch that it won't be that easy. We'll just have to ask and see."
#2123 Posted: 01:22:20 06/07/2016 | Topic Creator
OOC: That's much better Spyroconvexity, but you forgot to mention if that flight takes place in the last or in the present during the party.

"Well, we'll know once we catch it." Savannah said, believing that a little skink wouldn't ask for much. After all, they just needed one favor and then they will leave it alone.
---
#2124 Posted: 01:34:19 06/07/2016
Ooc: fixed!
---
SC
#2125 Posted: 02:18:31 06/07/2016
"Well, where do we start?"
"I've seen them mostly around where there's a lot of rocks and bushes," the male replied. "We should look there."
#2126 Posted: 03:48:25 06/07/2016 | Topic Creator
"I've seen many of them near the dry brushes from a few yards away from here. There aren't really that hard to find." Savannah said, remembering that she use to play with them a lot and hoped they didn't remember her.

Quote: Spyroconvexity
"Shi. I'm going on a flight. If you want to come you're more than welcome to join." He then took off on his patrol route before the party which took him along the outback which he hadn't gone to in awhile. "Man this place hasn't changed in awhile." He continued to fly all the while making thunder with his wings.

OOC: Ok, thank you. Now we're talking. Sorry to have asked so much detail, but it was necessary. Now we'll have to explain the failed mission. Sorry Waaksian, but we'll have to speed up this last part for this post to make sense.

In the present...

Savannah had spent the last couple of months with her conscience clear. The mission to capture a skink was a success back then, and they've convinced the little critter to help deliver one simple message. Nobody have seen the little creature since, so she assumed he simply returned home because it didn't want anything to do with her, Odette or her friend. Little did they know that neither of the Haven residents ever received the message because the skink was one of the lizards Crocux ate randomly when the drought was hitting hard. Skinks, while capable of speech, took a long time to do so, sort of like what happens to Whirlpool, so it didn't have the time to explain.

Savannah was taking a stroll near the Haven, admiring how the forest was growing green again. Everything was so calm, and neither of them have caught a glimpse of the mysterious predator, so she believed that the mission was a success and that Sybil took care of the problem. She then heard the thunder, and imagined that a storm was coming, and looked at Sozen flying gracefully. She didn't notice the electricity was coming from him directly.
"That's the strangest vulture I have ever seen." she said to herself, still looking.
---
#2127 Posted: 04:05:53 06/07/2016
Sozen flapped once more making thunder. He then started to hit severe terblince and was forced to land in an open spot in the outback. "Man that was bad. I've better stay here to let it die down."
---
SC
#2128 Posted: 05:17:49 06/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Now that Sozen has landed, Savannah could see that was no vulture and all, and that he was the one making the lightning. She knew who she was now. Sozen had quite a notoriety around the dingos due to his... unusualness. She wasn't afraid of him though, and approached him.
"Hey! What do you think you're doing? The boss doesn't allow any Haven residents in his territory." she said sternly, not minding him here, but Jaeger could. He was very territorial.
---
#2129 Posted: 10:29:07 06/07/2016
"I'm sorry but I had to land. Turbulence was getting bad and it forced me to land." Sozen said.
---
SC
#2130 Posted: 15:53:39 06/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Savannah wasn't convinced by his answer.
"Well, turbulence or not, why were you flying around the outback? Don't you belong in the mountain?" Savannah commented, trying not to sound rude. She wasn't afraid of Sozen, but she made him very nervous, mostly because his size made him very visible from a distance, and she didn't want her boss to notice them.
---
#2131 Posted: 21:05:49 06/07/2016
"I haven't patrolled here in awhile. I wanted to make sure the entire island was safe." Sozen said.
---
SC
#2132 Posted: 00:51:42 07/07/2016 | Topic Creator
"Well, we dingoes can take care of this part ourselves. You owe us much more than you know." Savannah said politely and with pride, wanting to keep the skink messenger a secret, obviously believing that the message was delivered months ago.
---
#2133 Posted: 02:18:33 07/07/2016
"Oh and why is that?" Sozen said.
---
SC
#2134 Posted: 03:19:39 07/07/2016 | Topic Creator
"Well... it's not like we don't protect the forest from this side with all our hunts. And it's not like we send little creatures to send messages whenever there is danger." Savannah replied in almost a whisper, pretending to dissimulate the services the dingoes have brought directly and indirectly to the Haven residents. She had been so caught up in the conversation, that she forgot she was trying to make him leave.
---
#2135 Posted: 03:24:01 07/07/2016
"Danger? What danger are you talking about?" Sozen said.
---
SC
#2136 Posted: 05:30:46 07/07/2016 | Topic Creator
"Oh you know, just certain predators..." Savannah said, raising her chest as if being so done brave, still under the delusion that the Haven residents received the skink's message, so she was waiting for Dozen to figure out it was mostly thanks to her that they got a warning.
---
#2137 Posted: 10:11:19 07/07/2016
"What predators are you talking about?" Sozen said.
---
SC
#2138 Posted: 17:01:56 07/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Savannah was getting tired of giving him clues, so she put it bluntly.
"Come on. Don't tell me that the others never told you. We sent a skink to the forest to deliver a message. There was something out there hunting the poor warblers. But of course, I suppose that if the civet received the message, she didn't tell you anything. You seem like the rash type." Savannah finally said, still under the delusion that the message was successfully received.
---
#2139 Posted: 21:23:08 07/07/2016
"Sybil hadn't received any message. I must tell her of this new danger. We wouldn't want another Shadow incident happening." Sozen said.
---
SC
#2140 Posted: 00:30:23 08/07/2016 | Topic Creator
"How would you know!?" Savannah yelled at the retreating eagle, still believing that the message reached Sybil and that she left Sozen without the news. But then it hit her. What if the skink was unsuccessful? What if he was killed along the way before the message could be delivered? Now she was starting to understand why neither of them ever saw the little reptile ever again. She left that spot to return to the pack, with a brainstorm of thought. If the message was never delivered, that meant that the mysterious predator she and her family saw months was still striking, and that the warbler's days were numbered. This must be one sly beast if he managed to go undetected all that time.
---
#2141 Posted: 02:02:10 08/07/2016
Soon Sozen reached Sybil. "Sybil I need to talk to you, Sayan, and Rose at once. I have just been given news of most importance."
---
SC
#2142 Posted: 02:59:16 08/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Sybil stopped playing with Mambo as soon as she saw Sozen.
"Can't this wait Sozen? We are in a party." she said, noticing by the tone of his voice that it was urgent. But she wanted to enjoy the festivities. Sybil rarely gets a time off, and the last thing she wanted, was bad news, especially since the Shadow event was still too recent.
---
#2143 Posted: 03:37:43 08/07/2016
"Please Sybil the safety of the warblers depends on it." Sozen said.

"Sybil? What's happening?" Rose said.
---
SC
#2144 Posted: 05:29:32 08/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Sybil groaned, knowing that she would have to accept the fact that she was the one who ran the Haven, and that she couldn't play deaf to any news.
"I'll find out soon enough." she said to Rose, leading Sozen pretty far from the party so that they could be alone.
"Alright Sozen. What is it?" she said with a rather sour tone, wanting to enjoy the party more. She thought it was something trivial what the eagle wanted to say. She firmly believed that there was nothing to worry about and that nothing could be worse than Shadow.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:28:18 08/07/2016 by Felines
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8605
#2145 Posted: 07:31:32 08/07/2016
Sayan stood to Rose-- eager for the news. He was glad to see his mate eat earlier and take care of herself.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#2146 Posted: 15:01:07 08/07/2016
The two dingoes Savannah was with during the bribing were just in the front of Odette's den, shading themselves. They were making small talk when they saw her approaching the area. Odette decided to excuse herself to greet her, as she hadn't seen her that day.
#2147 Posted: 19:31:41 08/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Savannah however, wasn't in the mood to talk to anybody. All that time she thought she had done something good for once and it turns out that the Haven residents were still oblivious to that mysterious predator's existence. All that time, the warblers had been dying and nobody knew. She was now furious at herself for dismissing the obvious possibility of the skink not surviving his trip, since even the forest itself was dangerous for smaller animals.
---
#2148 Posted: 20:57:14 08/07/2016
"It's about the warblers. I think they may be in danger. You see when I was on my patrol around the haven it took me along the outback. There was severe terblince and I was forced to land. A dingo saw me land and long story short she told me of something preying on the warblers that is very cunning."
---
SC
#2149 Posted: 21:33:39 08/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Sybil couldn't believe any of the information. Why would the dingoes be helping them with a warning if they didn't owe anything to them?
"Something preying on the warblers? That's impossible. I think we would have noticed." Sybil declared, believing it was all a lie on the dingo's part to get more attention.
---
#2150 Posted: 03:12:09 09/07/2016
"I don't know but we should make sure. Ask around. Just to be safe." Sozen said.
---
SC
First | Previous | Page 43 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me