Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > The Fan Character Topic (sticky?)
Page 1 of 1
The Fan Character Topic (sticky?) [CLOSED]
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#1 Posted: 23:49:37 16/03/2016 | Topic Creator
As the title says, post your fan characters here. Descriptions or art, this is the place to show off your own self made Skylanders as well as ask for art from other users or collaborate to make great fan-fictions.

Since I'm sure there are many topics like this already and probably more to come, maybe this could be a sticky topic so the forums aren't littered with duplicate topics, and all those awesome Fan-Landers aren't lost in the shuffle!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:50:57 16/03/2016 by ClassicSpyroLUV
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#2 Posted: 00:34:10 17/03/2016
Oh wow, I was just thinking about doing this yesterday, nice idea.

I'm not one for fan cahracters but I really like conceptualizing skylanders. It allows me to practice working in someone else's style and lore with big limitations as well, and with the fandom lacking in good standards as it is I get really happy when someone mentions how mine sound and look almost canon.

Sub Scribe, one I'm most proud of. We don't have TFB ghosts as Skylanders and they never went anywhere with them after Giants,so decided to make a Skylander one.
Black Light, my first attempt. Was just practice for TFB Spell Punk designs but I was ok with the results and posted it.
Fever Flare and Perfect Pitch,just concepts for female Swappers. Wanted to have live proof that yes, you could do them without VV's excuses and also vary a lot in body type without looking weird.
Space Opera, newest character, forgot to edit this actually ._.' As I said,she was the very first one I thought of, though it took until recently for me to create the entire thing. I liked the concept of two different Skylanders working together - they work as a duo but they have different personalities and are clearly distinct,unlike the ones we currently have that have a side that's either an animal or mute.

Still redrawing and conceptualizing:
-Shocker Punch, a steam punk Cyclops with a giant robot fist. Had that idea as spur of the moment and sketched it down, still trying to simplify his design because it'd never translate to a figure with so many details. Might have to slap a top hat on him because steampunk is all about intricate designs and it'd look generic without them.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 00:46:03 12/05/2016 by Bifrost
#3 Posted: 01:37:33 17/03/2016 | Topic Creator
I like perfect Pitch, but I think she could benefit from a more stylized outfit, more in keeping with the fantasy style of Skylanders than the real world street clothing style she has now. Still really good though; I like her expression.

I have a couple concepts which I'll post later.

Edit:

Crochette

Skylander type: Trap Lander

Element: Magic

Description: Giant traptanium crochet hook and traptanium yarn, she can control a group of her handmade minions to fight by her side, she can capture her enemies in crochet nets and chains, or bludgeon them and tie them in knots with her hook. She is a humanoid sheep with fluffy silver-lavendar fur. Her traptanium weapons are dark purple.

Back Story:
In the beginning Crochette was always a very giving, nurturing individual and never used her powers to fight anyone. She would make her enchanted playthings for the less fortunate children of Skylands as well as made cozy sweaters to help those in need through long winters. Crochette was happy with her peaceful ways until Kaos unleashed a blackmailed legion of weather- altering yetis on Skylands, plunging all Skylands into its worst winter in known history- even if it did only last less than a week. She made all the sweaters she could but they couldn’t keep out the barrage of snow or icy wind. The people of Skylands were in danger of freezing and all her pastures were ruined with no sheep to help meet the demand for warmth! So, with Skylands turning barren and her yarn stash run empty, Crochette set out to help put a stop to Kaos’ icy tyranny. With enchanted toys lent to her by the children she loved, her favorite yarn kept safe for a special project and her trusty crochet hook, Crochette joined the Skylanders to free the yetis from Kaos’ control and put a stop to his diabolical plan. Master Eon, so moved by her giving spirit as well as the compassion she showed to the yetis and her courage in fighting Kaos, welcomed her to Skylanders Academy with wide, wool-warmed arms.

Bear in mind I don't even own Trap Team and it's also late right now, so if there are any glaring issues with this concept or if you have any ideas on how to improve it, please by all means let me know.

EDIT:

Here's a character I made ages ago:

Name: Stormpede

Character Type: Skylander

Element: Dark

Description: Black fur, dark grey mane and tail with dark silver barbed wire woven through it, jagged horn like a lightning bolt same colour as hair, dark silver nose ring, dark silver hooves, glowing eyes either red, orange, yellow or dark blue (haven’t decided)

Back Story:
Stormpede was always a misfit among his herd for his un-unicorn like behaviour. Being the natural embodiment of mirth and purity in Skylands, the unicorns value and revere innocence and beauty and shun what is dark and frightening. Such was Stormpede’s fate when he was not only born black as thunderclouds, but discovered to possess destructive powers and an angry disposition wholly unheard of in unicorn kind. However, he was never violent unless it was called for, as on one occasion when he was set upon by a gang of trolls, intent on claiming his horn and hooves as gruesome prizes for one of their grizzly games. Of course he held his own against them, conjuring black flames from below them with the pounding of his hooves and hurling dark lightening as he stabbed them with his horn. Unfortunately, while Stormpede would never fight for any reason, he does relish the thrill. The combat stirred him into such frenzy that he pummelled the trolls even after they surrendered, and shook the air and earth so violently with his rage that his herd felt it and found him in his fury. It took many of them to calm him, and forever after none would speak to him and many even quailed or turned and fled as he neared. News of Stormpede’s powers had reached Master Eon long before this, and in light of his outburst and the redoubled alienation by the unicorns it was clear that action must be taken. Master Eon inducted Stormpede into the ranks of Skylanders before Kaos could reach him in the hopes that he could not only keep a potentially devastating weapon away from Skylands’ greatest foe, but also teach Stormpede to use his powers for the good of others. To his great relief, Stormpede was accepted by the other Skylanders and in time he accepted them and has since become a proud and vital defender of Skylands.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 13:52:06 18/03/2016 by ClassicSpyroLUV
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#4 Posted: 10:35:39 18/03/2016
I don't have much time for indepth analysis, but a two things: Kaos never got locked up in Cloudcracker Prision, in fact he parades in front of it before blowing it up, and Eon is just a Portal Master, a Lord is a nobility title he doesn't have.
Another thing is that it'd be nice to also say the character's species at some point; it's a mistake even the devs make but even if it's made up it's always good to know what else to call then in a story or something.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#5 Posted: 08:03:51 20/03/2016
Is this just for Skylanders, or can we include fan-characters from any series?
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#6 Posted: 12:14:07 20/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Just Skylanders or Spyro.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#7 Posted: 19:40:07 09/05/2016
Okay!

Recently I've been working on a Spyro AU project (basically merges the original and legend series together) and well, naturally, I need to fill out the world with characters!
Here is a preview of four I've been working on!

[User Posted Image]

Haven't completely settled on their names yet, but for now, from left to right, I think they'll be Cornelius, Penny, Keegan and Kaagen!
I'll include a little info on each (which are still a work in progress too haha)!

Cornelius is from the antarctic Magic Crafters homeworld, having the element of ice. However, he isn't your stereotypical shy and introverted Magic Crafter, he is very hyperactive and easily distracted ... unbeknowningly (or maybe he does know ... who knows?) getting in everyone's personal space. Always devising crazy schemes, Cornelius is good hearted and [mostly] always fun to be around!

Penny is a Forger from up north, being able to control the power of fire! And her element reflects much on her personality ... being rather hotheaded and easily riled up. Though most of the time she is just a quiet ball of complaints and constant judging of everyone around her. Penny is very hard to impress, but when she connects to someone she is always loyal to the end.

Keegan is a mix of Farmers and Machinists, taking most of his qualities from the latter species (the Farmer genes probably skipped him and all went to Kaagen!). He is on a never ending quest for knowledge and loves to create crazy new technological contraptions that, well honestly, serve no purpose really. But that doesn't bother Keegan, he just loves to dump his "creative" ideas whenever something enters his mind. And being smart doesn't mean you can't be silly ... right?

Kaagen is Keegan's twin brother, and obviously got the Farmer qualities that skipped his little brother. Although coming from the same egg, Kaagen is almost a complete opposite of his brother ... despite loving nothing more that to go along with Cornelius' crazy ideas. Not being as smart as Keegan never bothered him, he is just a big goof who never lets life's negativity get to his heart. Some may say his naiveness is stupidity, but who cares? Kaagen sure doesn't.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me