newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#101 Posted: 09:33:43 07/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Round 9: Glumshanks

[User Posted Image]
---
bye
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#102 Posted: 09:48:41 07/04/2016
Can I just say, I really like him. Trouble is, I never knew why.
I'm always feeling sorry for him for getting pushed around, yet he's still really sad when he gets fired.
But man, was he good in SC. I also really like his design and voice. I see him as loyal, yet he still doubts that Kaos' plans will work. I kind of see him saying that for safety though. Overall, I just really like him, and he's one of my favorites above all.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#103 Posted: 10:42:48 07/04/2016
Whoo boy where to start with this character. Easily the nost complex of the NPCs, and probably the most obvious anti-villain(since Spellslamzer kicked out the 'anti' and Kaos is a revolving door). And love him to bits.

I guess it's also pretty weird to have a morally gray character in such a black and white world, and it's what makes him stand out. Make no mistake, Glumshanks is not a good person - he doesn't try to sabotage plans or help Kaos' victims at any point, as we've seen, give him assertiveness and he becomes a gloating maniac. However, he isn't ungrateful, and as seen in SC, doesn't matter to him which side his friends are on or who they are, he'll protect them at any cost - be it Kaos or accept death to let the Academy staff live.

Kinda wish they threw him a bone though. Trap Team 3DS and his skystone indicate he's a Troll Illusionist(invisibility is associated with Magic) that never really tried much or went to the wrong school - maybe he could at least get a power or two for extra hijinks. But as moral support or active character, keep him all the same, you know he's good when even SF gets it right.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 10:49:49 07/04/2016 by Bifrost
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#104 Posted: 12:29:06 07/04/2016
I love Glumshanks. I pretty much agree with Biforst, but I do think he is a good person, just cowardly around Kaos and will do pretty much anything he says. I think him evilized was a great little scene, but how Glumshank's is now I'm glad it didn't go anywhere.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#105 Posted: 12:54:24 07/04/2016
Glumshanks is my boy.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#106 Posted: 19:24:29 07/04/2016
Glumshanks is a god
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Mike-Na Charge Blue Sparx Gems: 819
#107 Posted: 03:20:43 08/04/2016
Glumshanks is one of my favorite characters in the series. He's got such a vague but interesting backstory. Ever since the first game I've noticed that he had the potential to be good, and I was proven right with Superchargers. Hes also a more likable character than the other NPCs despite being a villain. I like him a lot and find his humor amusing. I would love to see more of him in future games and the TV show. And would love to see the story about him taking Kaos to prom...
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#108 Posted: 07:37:48 08/04/2016
11/10 would hug. He and Kaos are hilarious together. Don't think he would be nearly as great of a character if he was alone for a long time.
---
#all Spyros are valid
#109 Posted: 01:02:43 11/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Round 10: Persephone

[User Posted Image]

"Hello extremely once again!"
---
bye
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#110 Posted: 01:04:22 11/04/2016
Eh, her speech pattern got old after a while but she's still cool. Not much to say since she doesn't do much.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#111 Posted: 01:11:45 11/04/2016
Persephone is an odd case. She doesn't actually have any personality. Even in her only level in SF3DS,she's just there doing things for you because you're a Skylander and happy dancing. That said, doesn't mean she doesn't have any potential.

She's a Fairy Queen, meaning whatever Fairy Queens can do compared to normal ones because we don't have any info on them other than fairy dust and giving/stealing upgrades. She goes back and forth from having language issues to learning English to forgetting it all again in the one year she goes back home, which could make for jokes but they just have a throwaway line. She seems to be in good terms with Calliope,but she ain't in the games yet. And of course,everyone seems to just keep distance from her out of ignorance, which could give her some kind of outcast-that-everyone-keeps-nearby character.

I mean, I prefer her to Cardboard Personality Twins, being a walking UI is better than a bad NPC - and her Superchargers design is really nice. Keep her around,but instead of creating more and more guys,maybe give her some off time to be herself. Whatever herself is.

edit: Oh yeah, and she was also Dreamcatcher's friend at some point! That's just a fountain of potential - is she from the Realm of Dreams? If so,how did she get to rule the Ancient Woods? If not, how in the world she became friends with that maniac - after all, Dreamcatcher says that she's the one that became "goody-goody", not the other way around. You wish I actually had the full phrase but nobody actually records villain lines in Let's Plays after their capture/quest.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 01:27:09 11/04/2016 by Bifrost
#112 Posted: 01:43:44 11/04/2016
She says it straight up that she follows you into the level, not sure if just Superchargers or she says it in TT as well. Showing her carelessly flying around as you fight people would've probably broken immersion big time since she doesn't really have any powers of her own.
---
#113 Posted: 01:52:13 11/04/2016
Would've been better if she showed she can teleport or something, kinda like Skylanders being able to portal in where the other one was standing. I mean Grizzo can do that instantly, it should be cake for a fairy.
---
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#114 Posted: 02:58:26 11/04/2016
Don't tell Kaos's mum this but I have a huge crush on Persephone. She is hot there's no two ways about it. I prefer it when she struggles with the English language, a bit like a hot Swedish back packer might.

Mmmmm Persephone ...
#115 Posted: 03:08:14 11/04/2016
She's meh. Give her more involvement in sky 6
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#116 Posted: 03:30:57 11/04/2016
Am I the only one that loves her orz speech? I still don't blame them for "translating" her, though.
Wish they'd go more into her backstory or of her species. She just hasn't been explored yet and it's a shame because she has potential to be more interesting than just who you visit to upgrade stuff.
---
#all Spyros are valid
#117 Posted: 08:06:15 11/04/2016
I'm not a big fan of her, she's kind of just random. She's just talking about 'happy dancing' and it feels repetitive. She's just there for me, I'm not too fond of her.
---
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#118 Posted: 10:52:24 12/04/2016
Mmmmm happy dancing ...
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#119 Posted: 11:40:18 12/04/2016
I'm behind on this so I'll just list my thoughts smilie

Tessa - One of my favourite NPCs! I love her VA and design smilie
Sharpfin - Another great character! I'm fond of his weird accent haha smilie
Hugo - I know I've said this before, but I can't stand him!
It's even worse when he takes over from Eon as voiceover-guy in SC!

Mags - She's alright, I can put up with her and I actually like her VA smilie
Buzz - Again, an average character that I'm pretty neutral towards.
Flynn - Y'know, Flynn's a bit like Marmite...
Cali - Woah, I still remember saving her in SSA. She has great comebacks!
Mabus - Eh... I prefer the fox people TBH
Glumshanks - This guy is hilarious! He should've been trap-able in TT!
Persephone - I prefer power pods, but some serious nostalgia to have her back smilie
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#120 Posted: 02:21:40 13/04/2016
Quote: kaosmumishot
Mmmmm happy dancing ...

This guy gets it.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#121 Posted: 04:58:47 13/04/2016
Guess I'll dump all my thoughts here too:
Tessa: She was cool at first, but now she's just kind of... there. She's usually just an observer, like in Trap Team, and though I love the interactions between her, Whiskers, and Flynn in some levels, she just sounds like she's trying way too hard to fit in with the crowd.
Sharpfin: Hated him at first, but boy has he grown on me. I love how he's usually just in it for himself, but helps out the Skylanders anyway. I love his accent, and... I don't know. I just... like him alot!
Hugo: Nothing terribly special, but I like how he's basically willing to do anything for Eon, including holding on to his sock. I guess it's because I thought Soos and Stanley's interactions in Gravity Falls were funny too. Hugo is essentially the Skylanders version of that. His voice gets a bit annoying though.
Mags: I don't know what it is, but I love weird, quirky characters, and Mags is no exception. Her dialogue can be hilarious and awkward when trying to interact with other characters. She does this in a much better way than Tessa.
Buzz: Sure he's a bit too much like Flynn sometimes, but I can't get enough of this guy. I guess I just like the whole "Battle-Hardened War Veteran" personality he's got. Much better choice to train the Skylanders than Flynn, though I CAN get enough of his whole "ninja" talk.
Flynn: Ah, boy... Flynn's a tough one. He's lovable in the right situations but sometimes they are just too intent on shoving him to the front of the story to where he just makes me wanna turn down the volume entirely! TfB did a decent job at toning down the whole Flynn thing in Trap Team. I love how they gave other characters the spotlight in some levels. V.V... still needs to work on this. Flynn ain't the main character, V.V, the Skylanders are. Take notes!
Cali: When Flynn gets too annoying, Cali is there to counter it. That's why I love her character so much. She's serious, adventurous, and genuinely wants to take down the bad guys while Flynn acts like a total prick, completely careless, even when the
Darkness has him frozen and about to kill everyone in the room.
Cali is actually willing to help the Skylander raid even the most dangerous temples and ruins while all Flynn does to help is beg the Skylander to get him some chicken while they're in the mission. Cali's frickin' awesome.
Mabu: The Mabu are much more fitting for the primary species inhabiting Skylands than the artificial-feeling fox people, which just kinda showed up because V.V apparently didn't know what a Mabu was. They're funny and vibrant with personality in every character, while the Foxes are all just kinda... there. Like Cali, the Mabu actually try to help the Skylander and make multiple appearances per-character (Mabu defense force). The foxes are just... one and done. Just give me more Mabu or give me death.
Glumshanks: Easily my favorite character so far. The most complex and neutral character, simply wanting what's best for both sides, good or evil; he just wants everyone to be happy. The moment that he
sacrificed himself, not knowing if he'll die or get sent to some alternate dimension something, I felt genuinely sad. I'm glad they didn't try to make Flynn do the sacrifice. That would only have made me happy.
Every bit of his dialogue and facials just feels like a breath of fresh air.
Persephone: I like that they added fairies to Skylands, but other than that I don't have much of an opinion. I definitely don't hate her, it's just that I want my upgrades smilie. Though she's certainly better than the giant hippo that doesn't fit in Skylands at all and is---"HELLO SKYLANDER! READY TO ACHIEVE PHYSICAL PERFECTION TO RIVAL MY OWN???"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:53:47 13/04/2016 by TrapShadowFan
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#122 Posted: 12:37:23 13/04/2016
^ Very nice and thoughtful. I agree with most if not all of your thoughts. It was a pleasure to read.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:37:49 13/04/2016 by TakeYourLemons
#123 Posted: 08:04:05 14/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Round 11 : Eon / Evilon

[User Posted Image]
---
bye
#124 Posted: 08:35:41 14/04/2016
Eon is that kind of essential character. When in doubt, just put him in the plot to say what to do, and it makes sense because this guy is well over two centuries at the least. Don't have any issue with him around, but hoping some more of a casual personality will show up now that he's back to the physical plane - maybe have him as a prankster or be unable to keep up with the times, or try too hard to keep up. Just like Persephone, give existing ones more work before creating more.

Evilon makes no sense. Console version, he's inside the mirror because of reasons, 3DS version, it's the actual Eon but acting like a jerk and looking the part? They just dropped the concept as soon as it starts and it's a big shame because Evilon could probably be more effective than Kaos in his world and turn it into a desolate place - nah, it's still all sunshine and rainbows except for the armies and his castle.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:36:51 14/04/2016 by Bifrost
#125 Posted: 08:49:49 14/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Yeah, Mirror of Mystery was a good concept but poorly executed with nearly all the characters.
---
bye
#126 Posted: 08:54:49 14/04/2016
Except for the Trolls and Persephone, but I guess the simpliest the easiest.
---
#127 Posted: 09:19:10 14/04/2016
I see Eon as a character that is kind of just there to introduce you to the game, and so that people have an idea about how each Skylander came to be. Sure, he has a backstory, but it's vague and it doesn't make him sound all that interesting. In almost all of the backstories for the Skylanders, it says that he either heard of them, or just somehow found them. So he's kind of 'meh' to me.
Evilon is pointless in my opinion. It could have been better, but they just didn't bother to do much. He's just like: "I'm Evilon, you foolish portal master. fight me, hahaha." So yeah, I don't get any feel off him at all.
Overall, I see Eon as just meh, and Evilon is just a wasted opportunity.
---
#128 Posted: 10:46:25 14/04/2016
Master Eon has a backstory himself in a Story Scroll which kinda implied he accidentally killed the previous PM. They just said he was teleported to the Dirt Seas, but Terrafin's backstory shows that place exploded into a glass sculpture.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:46:50 14/04/2016 by Bifrost
faunatic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#129 Posted: 03:55:28 15/04/2016
eon was annoying enough to this one that faun stopped playing the games. if he was the main villain instead, would probably still be playing. really liked evilon.
#130 Posted: 08:25:28 18/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Round 12: Pandergast

[User Posted Image]
---
bye
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#131 Posted: 08:55:07 18/04/2016
Oh man, this guy is annoying. He's probably one of the main things I don't like about SC. Can't stand his design or VA. UGH.

Phew, rant over now.
#132 Posted: 11:24:54 18/04/2016
Why is this guy not arrested yet why is this guy not arrested yet why is this guy not arrested yet

Absolutely despise Pandergast. VV wanted someone to encapsulate the vehicle aspect of the games? They damn well suceeded in concentrating all the worst of it in him. He's annoying, he's condescending, he's got no redeeming qualities or any whatsoever - an unholy fusion of Headwick, Crossbone and Mags.
Worse than being a jerk announcer for no reason, this guy gets away with everything because Vehicles! Let me make a list;:
-At least one illegal racing tournament(not to mention safety protocols)
-Enslaving Ghosts in Pandercastle Raceway
-Kidnapping Glumshanks because... Valuable?
-Whatever destruction he causes to the areas creating the race tracks(time to let everyone know Time Town's location!)
-Possibly stealing a working Snowball of Destiny which he never even bothers to say it works on a delay
-Clankers and Bucket Boats probably spit on any vehicle safety, though to be fair so does every other vehicle

And what happens? He runs away in Racing despite it being legit(so what he had to confess there?) or gets forgotten in console. People got in Cloudcracker Prision for way less, yet he's fine?

Ugh. Let us never speak of him again, if not let him face his fate finally.
Also, Pandergast isn't close to attractive. Maybe if he had knees or a face that didn't fuse to his beard/mane. I guess he's supposed to be a weasel but he doesn't start to look like one.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:31:47 18/04/2016 by Bifrost
#133 Posted: 12:21:46 18/04/2016
He's not for me. He is the Donald Trump of racing. If you like Trump, you'll like him.
---
#134 Posted: 13:42:49 18/04/2016
Quote: Snap Shot
He's not for me. He is the Donald Trump of racing. If you like Trump, you'll like him.

I wouldn't go that far. Pandergast doesn't say stupid things to get a rise ou of people - he's more like that shady circus ringmaster every piece of fiction loves.
---
#135 Posted: 17:31:59 18/04/2016
I hated him so much that I accidentally ended up liking him. I like his design, but other than that he's just annoying, and he won't shut up. I don't have much to say about him, he's just that annoying guy really. I don't see him as that bad, but annoying indeed.
---
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#136 Posted: 00:56:01 19/04/2016
Quote: Snap Shot

Both annoying for much different reasons. Pandergast is akin to a slick sales person. IE never to be trusted. that accounts for all politicians.
Eggman1115 Green Sparx Gems: 183
#137 Posted: 11:35:53 19/04/2016
I like Pandergast for his role in SC. He's a "shades of grey" type of character, kind of like Sharpfin, but without the good heart underneath or sense of honor that Sharpfin seems to have. It makes sense that Sharpfin would know and dislike the guy, and warn you to be wary of his intentions once he shows up. Whereas Sharpfin is a rogue, Pandergast is just a shyster. I don't know if I need to see him in any future games, or have his role expanded in any way, but I felt he was a good fit with the cast in SC. If they do decide to bring him back again, he could probably host some minigames or something. smilie
#138 Posted: 19:45:46 20/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Round 13: Avril / Duff

[User Posted Image]
---
bye
#139 Posted: 20:15:05 20/04/2016
Not having played SF, not much I can say about them. From footage, though, Avril just feels like a gimmicky Tessa, and Duff I have no idea. Their designs aren't bad though, wouldn't mind seeing their species elsewhere.
---
#140 Posted: 07:57:11 21/04/2016
I dunno really, they're kind of just like the basic characters that help you with stuff in a level or something. I don't find them that interesting, so I never really had an opinion on them. Eh, if anything like them turned up again anytime soon, I'd just go along with it.
---
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#141 Posted: 09:16:33 21/04/2016
Three words: Way. Too. Dreamworks-y.
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#142 Posted: 09:55:08 21/04/2016
Love the accent.
---
Any last wishes?
#143 Posted: 07:52:22 25/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Round 14: Softpaw

[User Posted Image]
---
bye
#144 Posted: 09:07:50 25/04/2016
I love him. I was glad to see Softpaw back.
---
#145 Posted: 10:19:57 25/04/2016
Please don't make jokes about how seriously paranoid people are funny, it's in extremely bad taste, VV. At least he was much better in SC since he actually acted like he was in the job, and in the comics him just being overly dramatic about the job is just right.

Wouldn't have an issue with the SF version if it wasn't his entire character, but it was.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:21:53 25/04/2016 by Bifrost
#146 Posted: 17:32:49 25/04/2016
He's not bad. I don't hate him, but I don't love him either. I don't mind him coming back at all, and I do like him a little.
---
#147 Posted: 08:27:38 28/04/2016 | Topic Creator
It seems like they changed his voice in Superchargers compared to what it was in Swap Force?
---
bye
#148 Posted: 08:39:20 28/04/2016
Quote: newkill
It seems like they changed his voice in Superchargers compared to what it was in Swap Force?

Pretty sure it's the same VA(I can tell the Yosuke Hanamura,adult Simon from TTGL or Luka Redgrave from it because that's the only voice he seems to make), Lowhental probably just changed his tone.
Then again, it's hard to tell with Fright Rider and Trail Blazer so I shouldn't be talking like it's obvious.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 08:39:54 03/05/2016 by Bifrost
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me