Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > New Forms of Existing Characters
Page 1 of 1
New Forms of Existing Characters [CLOSED]
Artisan219 Red Sparx Gems: 93
#1 Posted: 22:02:45 12/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Some Skylanders have had better treatment than others. We've had a repose of Stealth Elf for every game thus far, whereas I don't know that Voodood had any other reposes prior to Eon's Elite.

But SuperChargers is now the first game to actually "promote" Skylanders from previous games. Characters that used to be "core" Skylanders got to be included with the gimmick-of-the-year and got a make over.

So this got me thinking: Are there any characters that you think could benefit from not simply a repose but a full-on reboot?

For example, I really liked Wrecking Ball. He isn't the most popular little Skylander, but being a caterpillar raises the inescapable question of whether or not we'll ever see a moth form of Wrecking Ball.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#2 Posted: 22:31:23 12/03/2016
Wrecking Ball is a grub worm, that becomes a beetle. Wow, now I get the ball mechanic.

Drobot, Ghost Roaster and Spyro - too much of one-trick ponies. You choose a path(and unless you have a death wish, literally, you don't go Fear Eater Ghost Roaster), you'll never touch the other two attack buttons unless you just want to go fast,and with double-jump flying that upgrade is now pointless.

Hex, because favorite Skylander.

Fright Rider, because Ozzy isn't explored enough. You've got an ostrich with a single move but give over 5 combos to Rider? C'mon.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#3 Posted: 18:48:55 13/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
Wrecking Ball is a grub worm, that becomes a beetle.

I'm aware, and honestly I think having him as a goliath or rhinoceros beetle would be awesome, but they added Dune Bug in Swap Force and whatever Wallop is (listed as unknown, but I think he's a bugbear) seems to be very beetle inspired, whereas we don't have a moth or butterfly character yet.

I guess semantics and phylogenics aside, should we have a version of Wrecking Ball with wings?

I like your list for characters to reboot, but I'm curious how you'd change them. You mentioned that you're not fond of their individual upgrade paths, but that doesn't really say much about where you'd like them to go.

I'd like to see "grown" versions of characters. Spyro, Cynder, Drobot, Zap, are all dragons (or at least dragon-types) but they're at the same scale of the elves trolls and gremlins. Shouldn't we have larger dragons? Should Spyro physically grow as he levels up? The dragons are just one example. We could have riot gear Trigger Happy (though that aesthetic may not go over as well now that we have High Volt).

On a slightly different tangent, is anyone else getting annoyed that every tech type for the last four games has been a robot (the only exceptions being Sprocket, Chopper and Tread Head, and he never gets off the machine)? We've had Bouncer, Magna Charge, Spy Rise, Countdown, Wind Up, Gearshift, Jawbreaker, and High Volt.
#4 Posted: 18:53:17 13/03/2016
That's VV's thing yeah. Everybody's a robot, every Tech thing means robot or highly advanced. Trap Team had tons of organic beings using strange machines and just a few robots in the middle, some not even Tech, but Vicarious Visions' character designer visibly has creator bias for robots with a few glances at his sketches.

I don't really know what I'd do witht them other than more varied movesets,though with Hex I'd love a 'what if?' version where she kept her Magic legacy or remastered it. Considering her Undead energy replaced the magic entirely and she has more than an entire city of spooks, it'd probably allow for impressive abilities, if not straight up reality warping.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:54:23 13/03/2016 by Bifrost
#5 Posted: 19:46:10 13/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Hmm, how about a Queen of the Dead version of Hex? Possibly crowd-control abilities?
#6 Posted: 19:56:23 13/03/2016
Doesn't fit her lore, she's more of a protection figure for wizards and the undead than someone to order people around. Expanding her barrier mechanics and some co-op abilities would limit her though, still thinking more about being flashier with complex spells and more traditional witch things like spellbooks,familiars, charms or potions(since she uses those last three in Battlecast).
---
#7 Posted: 19:59:40 13/03/2016 | Topic Creator
I was thinking of summoning ghosts that would possess enemies in her area.
#8 Posted: 16:47:12 16/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Speaking of which, are there any characters anyone would like to see with different abilities?
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#9 Posted: 19:22:38 16/03/2016
I would love to see Spyro have different abilities. Maybe something from previous games that wouldn't take it too far away from his role in Skylanders, and/or element. It would be interesting, as a lot of his upgrades are just for fire, charging and flying.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
#10 Posted: 22:37:39 16/03/2016 | Topic Creator
I agree. I didn't mind his classic abilities (flame and charge), but when they added Pop Fizz and just the simple concept of shaking a potion to alter effects, I thought it was a waste that Spyro couldn't shift between elements, like a call-back to LoS.
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#11 Posted: 20:46:49 17/03/2016
The element shifting would have been great to see, they could make the concept a little more 'magical' if they wanted it to fit the magic element more. It already seems that it would work if they just used it as it is, though.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#12 Posted: 20:49:56 17/03/2016
Just sayin, but Wallop is a mole.

Hes kind of a play of wak-a-mole
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#13 Posted: 20:55:21 17/03/2016
With the Molekin around,he doesn't really seem to fit the Mole role. Heh. He's some sort of mammal for sure.
---
Starlight_Shine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1088
#14 Posted: 00:46:38 07/04/2016
Quote: Drawdler
I know this sounds cheesy, but what about a Sunburn that could shift between a purely dragon and purely phoenix form?
I'm not sure if I like the idea, but I suddenly remembered how people used to complain he didn't look dragony enough, then I thought about what it would be like if he was a pure dragon.

Well Sunburn's design was kinda draconic before the final product: [User Posted Image]
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me