Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 12 of 17 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Village Light
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#551 Posted: 00:18:48 08/01/2017
"Sure." Tyrus said exitedly, getting behind Nizla. He didn't even know dragons allowed people to ride them, even less that they could talk. He made sure his map, compass and lamp were held on tight, since he knew that if his mother was around Everlyn, she was probably going to be in a forest, like most Druids. What a day that was turning out to be. He believed that, finally, he will end that miserable lifestyle with his father and start a new life with his mother. He didn't even cared about his precious stone collection anymore. He was willing to start from zero...
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
NightBlade Platinum Sparx Gems: 6019
#552 Posted: 00:30:33 08/01/2017 | Topic Creator
@Tryus: The dragon stood upright as it lunged into the air, hefting itself up with it's wings. One, two good measures straight upward it flew through the circular hole in the ceiling. It hovers above the cave in the sky for a moment before turning towards the east and soaring towards the horizon. Towards the vast Caedalyn Forest in the distance.

@Halvard and Mason: From the far areas of the caves a large black mass emerges in the distance. After a moment of hovering above the caves it soars off towards the east. You can see two figures riding the dragon but cannot make out specific features. One of the two is smaller.
---
The Eater of Worlds has awoken!
"Muttering curse words under her breasts..." - Jamie
Galaxies and Stardust. More Art Than Stars.
#553 Posted: 00:40:49 08/01/2017
Tyrus held on tight, believing for many moments that he was going to fall. What an experience that was! Since it was his first time doing that, he almost fainted several times due to the lack of oxygen. But he managed to pull himself together every time. There was no way he was going to miss that ride, even if the world below was blurry due to the tears pouring from the side of his eyes. How that woman managed to befriend a dragon was beyond him, but if it meant having such an incredible adventure like that one, he was willing to try himself just so that he could go through that many times.

Mason looked up after hearing the unmistakable sound of flapping wings. A black mass was way too noticeable in that bluish sky, and the shape was too obvious. That was no doubt the dragon everyone was talking about.
"Aaaargh! Look Orc! Look! That's the dragon! He's flying away!" Mason yelled on top of his lungs, shaking his temporary companion so that he would take a view. He was too concentrated on the dragon getting away that he didn't even bother noticing that something was bit off about the creature. In his pride, he started to believe that the dragon was running away from them since they were about to enter the cave, and in his eyes, that was too much coincidence.
---
ShadeTheDragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#554 Posted: 04:16:57 08/01/2017
ooc: since ash has gone quiet i'll improvise.

Drake wanted his leg healed and triggered a healing spell making his leg good as new. He regareded Foxxe and said "thank you for your kindness. I'm off to save that dragon." and with that he took off with his hell hound.
---
I am the Ultimate Dragon
first rp I've created is accepting so please do join it's called Worlds Unite! The pelage is reborn (dead space rp) open
Shadow-Cipher Yellow Sparx Gems: 1229
#555 Posted: 14:11:21 08/01/2017
Halvard shifted his gaze directly at Mason. "Of course I'm naturally prepared for a fight should it come to that, though it will not be fun should it happen." He did not have his shield alongside him, which was discomforting, but this wouldn't be the first time he had battled without it. He would manage should it come to. Besides, a shield would likely help little against the vicious flaming breath of a dragon. "Caves are one of the simpler things I've navigated. As long as there isn't a cave in, it's relatively easy to mark the path and remember where you've been. Something as simple as cutting an 'x' in a rock or splattering a berry against it will keep your path labeled."

~~~~~

Loramae listened quietly as he speaks. When Flint drew the paper from his pocket, her attention was temporarily drawn to it as she overlooked the design. The design was quite unique, crafted of many curving lines. When she looked at it, she found beauty in the curvature, and imagined this would be quite a unique piece. To her mind, his lordship would be quite unhappy to lose this. The very idea made it even more exciting. Out of the corner of her eye, she caught him dangling money in front of her, and she lowered the paper as she moved to quickly snatch the five gold from his hands. Her eyes locked on it for a few moments, almost entranced, before she looked back to him and said with a quick nod, "Alright, I'm in."
---
An eNeMeE approaches, dark as night, cold as space, and with a heart filled with evil. His displeasure for my joke at his expense is immeasurable.
#556 Posted: 14:59:29 08/01/2017
Quote: Shadow-Cipher
Halvard shifted his gaze directly at Mason. "Of course I'm naturally prepared for a fight should it come to that, though it will not be fun should it happen." He did not have his shield alongside him, which was discomforting, but this wouldn't be the first time he had battled without it. He would manage should it come to. Besides, a shield would likely help little against the vicious flaming breath of a dragon. "Caves are one of the simpler things I've navigated. As long as there isn't a cave in, it's relatively easy to mark the path and remember where you've been. Something as simple as cutting an 'x' in a rock or splattering a berry against it will keep your path labeled."

Mason felt ignored. He then moved the orc's head towards the flying dragon.
"Look! Don't you see!? He's getting away!" Mason said furiously, believing the Orc was more interested in showing off than rescuing his son.
---
#557 Posted: 23:09:12 09/01/2017
((OOC: Woah, what the hell? When I posted my reply, post 549 was the last thing I saw. Why didn't the website load all the other things that clearly existed. Sorry about that. I have no idea what happened))

Upon beginning his train of thought, the sky had been clear, and his mind had been so focused on the possibility of traversing a cave that he had not initially looked to the sky. He now quickly shifted his focus to the sky, noting the large shape of a dragon drifting past. "We know where the dragon is, at least." He noted the abnormal shape upon the dragon's backside, finally noting it to be riders. "Do you think your son is one of people riding upon the dragon? It seems be have companions riding upon its back."
---
An eNeMeE approaches, dark as night, cold as space, and with a heart filled with evil. His displeasure for my joke at his expense is immeasurable.
#558 Posted: 23:46:07 09/01/2017
OOC: I figured you didn't noticed that post, but since I didn't want to make you change it, I went along with it anyway smilie

"Riding the dragon!? Are you serious?" Mason exclaimed, as he looked at the retreating dragon. But it was now too far away to actually tell if there were people riding it. He looked too late.
"I don't see anything! Are you certain you saw more than one person?" Mason asked, finding it impossible to believe that Tyrus would actually be able to tame a dragon, even less riding it. But if the Orc saw more than one person, did that meant that Tyrus was one of them? Was he being kidnapped then? Now the big man was at a loss on what to do. If his son was being taken away, how were they going to find him now? That dragon was flying too fast, and neither of them knew where the beast was going to rest next. He was growing too desperate...
---
#559 Posted: 03:09:40 12/01/2017
as Drake moved find the dragon he saw the dragon fly by and fallowed it hoping it wasn't in danger.
---
I am the Ultimate Dragon
first rp I've created is accepting so please do join it's called Worlds Unite! The pelage is reborn (dead space rp) open
#560 Posted: 17:03:12 12/01/2017
((OOC: It can be easily worked around, so that's fine))

Halvard nodded sharply. "There was something resembling human shapes upon the dragon's back. Someone was definitely riding it, as surprising as that sounds. I have no idea who else would be roaming out here." Usually, when out in the wild, Halvard had an answer for everything. Nature had never presented a problem that he couldn't piece together a solution for. But this? He had never expected to be in a situation as such. Tracking an animal was one thing, but a beast flying that quickly would be a challenge, especially given how quickly it would leave his line of sight. "I can track animals, even birds, but dragons? I don't think any tracker has the expertise to track that. However, if that was your son riding the dragon, then one good thing came from this encounter. We know he's alive."
---
#561 Posted: 17:32:36 12/01/2017
Mason paced around, both upset and anxious. His biggest concern was the human shapes Halvard claimed he saw.
"Great, just great. What the heck are we suppose to do now? You are sure you saw more than one person, am I right? Riding the dragon? How come anyone tame a dragon? I've heard that only certain mages and hunters can ever accomplish such a fear. And if that's the case, and if it's really true that Tyrus is one of the people riding that beast, them what does the tamer wants with my boy? What could he ever accomplish out of that?" Mason asked desperately, still firmly believing that his son was being kidnapped, and assuming that the dragon rider was male. It couldn't be ransom. Mason wasn't rich to begin with, and he didn't have enemies, not that he knew of. He was just a blacksmith earning an honest living. And Tyrus, he couldn't possibly make enemies with his little lifestyle, could he? Mason was simply inconsolable now. The dragon was now out of view, and he thought that, if Halvard couldn't track the beast, he might never see his son again...
---
#562 Posted: 19:31:32 14/01/2017
"I certainly saw human shapes, yes." Now, Halvard shook his head. "I don't claim knowledge I don't hold, and as such, I couldn't imagine how one could tame a dragon nor what they could want from you or your son. However, I've found that you should be accepting of unlikely events, willing to accept that they may happen." He was troubled within, that was certain. Dragons weren't an animal that any person commonly had to track and while trailing a den wasn't completely impossible, a dragon flying off, destination unknown, that was another thought altogether. "Dragons aren't like birds or rabbits or wolves. They aren't as easy to predict, knowledge isn't as readily available about them." His gaze firmed as he continued his thought, "I'm not giving up finding that dragon as a lost cause, though. I vowed to help and I'll spent as much time as needed providing the assistance I promised to give, no matter how troublesome it may become to both of us."
---
#563 Posted: 19:46:40 14/01/2017
Mason lowered his head, so furious that, once again, one could see his veins, especially the ones in his temple. He composed himself though, and as much as it pained him, there was only one choice left.
"Orc... Halvard was it? If you really and truly believe that my son was one of those people... then I need to ask something of you..." he said, giving a long pause before continuing.
"You're a traveller, aren't you? I need you to find my son... alone. Hamlet needs my services. I can't possibly leave my shop for such a large period of time. I'm no traveller. I don't have any experience. But you, you're more than capable of navigating anywhere. If you ever find my son in your travels, bring him to me. I don't care how long it takes, or how...much you ask me to pay. Bring him home." Mason said serenely, almost looking as if he was choking on something while saying those words. He hoped that, if Halvard did manage to succeed in his mission, he will be merciful enough not to ask a large payment of him, especially after he fixed that almost hopeless sword of his.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:48:21 15/01/2017 by Felines
#564 Posted: 21:42:18 17/01/2017
Halvard nodded at the sound of his name, confirming Mason had been correct in his memory. He listened, quietly, taking in every word as Mason said them. It was very clear how important this was to him, how much seeing his son again meant. "I'm with the local militia," Halvard clarified first, speaking once Mason had finished comprising his own thoughts. "Currently, there is peace, no need for the intervention of the militia's forces. As long as that peace retains itself, I will be more than available to continue the search alone. I fully understand the importance of keeping a shop running." He stepped forward, clearing the space between himself and the blacksmith. "I'll do everything I can to make certain he is found. You can count on it." He was hoping that his affirmation meant something, that it would give the blacksmith some peace of mind, something to feel even the slightest bit of comfort on.
---
#565 Posted: 22:03:51 17/01/2017
Mason finished pacing around, clearly too anxious. If he didn't have such a compromising job, he would've searched for Tyrus himself.
"Then it is settled. Find my son. Kill the monster that took him away if you have to, but bring him home." Mason expressed, sounding his knuckles. He then followed his and Halvard's footsteps back to Hamlet, knowing it was going to be lonely working by himself. What was worse, he would have to buy materials now that his son wasn't around to track them. He left Halvard without even saying at least a little thank you, since he was too proud and racist to say it. Perhaps, just perhaps he would leave his pride aside and finally thank him if he managed to find Tyrus alive.
---
#566 Posted: 18:51:46 18/01/2017
Halvard observed in silence as Mason finished his train of thought and moved on. That was not an aptly bothersome encounter for him. His son had vanished and now he had been forced to request a stranger to help. Halvard had sensed a small bit of disdain in his direct, perhaps a little scorn towards his species, something that he was also not overly offended by. He hoped he would be able to succeed. Halvard remained firmly in place for a while, nature cooing and chirping around him, considering his options. They were few and far between, especially given what little information he had to work with. Eventually, Halvard exhaled clearly and began moving as well. He would start from the beginning and work on the information from there.
---
#567 Posted: 19:37:24 18/01/2017
Mason successfully returned to Hamlet without interruptions or setbacks, opening his quiet, empty shop and not even bothering wiping out his muddy boots. He didn't even observe if there was a customer waiting outside or not. He was in such a gloom state. He was also so full of rage inside, angry at both himself and Tyrus. If only he would've payed attention when his son said he wanted to go after the dragon. He never expected his son to disobey him in such a callous way. He then saw the table with the unfinished shields, untouched and just the way Tyrus left them before escaping through the window.

Life went on for the big man, whose depression was just eating him up inside for not knowing how was his son, if he was dead or alive. And if he was alive, what was being done to him? It was just too much. But even with his emotional status, he maintained his shop open, really to attend customers normally and try to pretend as if everything was normal. He had no other choice. His son's destiny was out of his hand now...
---
#568 Posted: 21:34:46 18/01/2017 | Topic Creator
After a long while of being in the air the edge of the Caedalyn Forest approaches quickly. From the skies it seems almost normal despite it's more arcane and fey nature. And as the dragon approaches the edge of the forest Nizla turns slightly and speaks to Tyrus. "Alright, we're going to set at the edge of the forest. Have you ever made the trail through the forest before? Do you have an offering for the forest?" She asks in a serious tone over the winds rushing past.
---
#569 Posted: 21:41:49 18/01/2017
"An offering? What are you talking about?" Tyrus said worryingly, trying to shield his face from the wind in his face. He was starting to fear that the forest was cursed or something if there was an offering to be made.
"You mean like a material offering, right?" he then asked, as he tried to look at the forest below...
---
#570 Posted: 21:50:59 18/01/2017 | Topic Creator
"To pass through the Caedalyn Forest safely it is customary to leave an offering to the tree that's halfway on the trail through the forest. It's not actually all that deep in, but it still looks good to the fey that live in the forest." Nizla explained, as she quickly began rummaging through her cloak's pockets. She quickly pressed a small silver bell on a string into Tyrus's hand. "Here. I have extra for traveling."
The dragon clears his throat before speaking almost too clearly over the wind."Nizla, we're not flying over the forest are we?" Thorn asks as Nizla lets out a long sigh.
"No, we'll pass through the forest. I have enough tokens for all of us to give the forest."
---
#571 Posted: 22:10:01 18/01/2017
"So... I just give this bell to the tree and we'll be allowed to enter? Simple enough." Tyrus expressed, relieved that he didn't have to give anything of his possession, since he didn't have much to begin with, and what little he had, he needed it. It was strange how a forest would ask for something, and that it didn't necessarily had to belong to the person giving it, but Nizla looked like she has travelled through many places, so he didn't question her.
---
#572 Posted: 22:38:45 18/01/2017 | Topic Creator
"Oh, it's not a question of being allow to enter, child -- It's a question of being allowed to leave." Nizla said in a low, serious voice. After that she fell back into silence.
The dragon let out a hum, "I'll be setting down now, so do hang on!" It said before beginning it's descent towards the edge forest. However it does not set down near the main road. It does, however, set down a solid few minutes walk to the west of the road through the forest. When it lands it makes the earth beneath it shudder for a moment.
As soon as Thorn stills Nizla swings her legs out of her saddle and scoots off the land on the grass on the edge of the looming wood.
The forest is a a sea of dark green where little light streams through the tops of the dense trees. The forest is quiet and carries strange birdsong unlike that of the woods near hamlet. Though the main rain is a good ways off to the east it seems entirely empty. As wind blows through the forest it comes out as a eerie howl.
---
#573 Posted: 22:47:30 18/01/2017
Tyrus felt very uneasy with that place. That forest was nothing like the one near Hamlet. It was denser, and more gloomy.
"Being allowed to leave?" Tyrus repeated in an almost squeaky voice, as he left the dragon's back, almost falling face first to the ground. No doubt to him the forest must've been cursed. He had his little offering thanks to Nizla, but as he followed her, he had to know something.
"Why couldn't we just fly past this forest? Aren't we suppose to be in Everlyn?" he asked, knowing that wasn't the place he wanted to be...
---
#574 Posted: 22:58:57 18/01/2017 | Topic Creator
"For one, I'd rather not be seen by the local folk of the Underworld. Even if we were to only be visible by those who live on the surface it is still unwanted attention. Secondly Thorn is a coward and refuses to fly over the forest." Nizla states. Thorn makes a scoffing noise as he turns to face them.
"Cowardice has nothing to do with it. I merely have a healthy respect for the archfey and would rather not end up outside one's good graces." Thorn replied with a roll of his eyes. He huffed a large amount of smoke from his nostrils as he followed behind Nizla.
---
#575 Posted: 23:08:14 18/01/2017
A dragon, coward? Tyrus didn't even dream that those two words would mix together. He cautiously looked at Thorn, not knowing whether to laugh or feel funny for the way Nizla teased him. As he looked at him, he was reminded of something very important.
"Archfey? Never heard of them. Just lead the way out of this nightmarish forest... and after we're done, teach me how to befriend a dragon." Tyrus asked, whispering that last sentence in hopes that Thorn wouldn't hear. He was still motivated to have a dragon on his own. Having one of those majestic creatures by his side looked like the best idea, especially with what was in store for him in this new world.
---
#576 Posted: 23:48:39 18/01/2017
Drake persued and noticed the new forest in the distance and went for it hoping he dragon was near. As he approached he saw the dragon and approached carfully hoping to not anger the mighty creature on accadent.
---
I am the Ultimate Dragon
#577 Posted: 00:04:13 19/01/2017
OOC: I think it's finally time to introduce my final character.

Name: Alissa
Race: Human (possibly with some elf ancestry)
Appearance: Look the artwork
Class: Druid
Lifestyle: Potion maker and tracker
History: Alissa is a very mysterious woman, with no recollection or her past except her life with the Druids. She wanders around Eariloth with her community, always making potions, tracking substances and animals. She met Mason in Hamlet in one of her travels, and ended up falling in love, but a deadly disease almost took his life away, prompting her to find a solution she has deeply regretted. She loves her son Tyrus like no other, but has avoided him for good reasons. She only visits him once every two or three years.
Other: Has an extremely nomadic lifestyle, and it's almost impossible to predict her or her community's next moves.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:36:42 19/01/2017 by Felines
#578 Posted: 03:20:58 19/01/2017 | Topic Creator
ooc: Accepted. You can insert Alissa in at anytime, friend.
--

Nizla hummed and turned her head to Tyrus, "Well, step one would be not to talk about them like they weren't there. They are sentient like we are." She said to Tyrus in a sarcastic tone. "Second...." She dragged the word out for a moment before she turned quickly on her heel muttering arcane words under her breathe as green light flashed in her hands. Glowing green chains wrapped themselves are Drake and seemed to follow the motions of her hands. "Don't sneak up to them and their associates." She said venomously. She narrowed her eyes and stormed her way over to Drake.
"Who are you? Why are you following us?"
"Nizla please, he may not mean us any harm!" Thorn said trying to calm his companion.
---
#579 Posted: 03:29:59 19/01/2017
Tyrus has listened very carefully to the conversation, almost as if he was hearing a very wise teacher, when he got startled by how she suddenly behaved. He then saw Nizla captured somebody, someone he knew.
"Drake? Wait Nizla! I know this guy. He's very nice. Although I had no idea how he followed us." Tyrus exclaimed, not able to explain it.
"Drake!? What are you doing here? So far from Hamlet. Aren't you suppose to be with Foxxe?" he asked, though kinda relieved to see at least one familiar face.

Elsewhere, between the border of Caedalyn Forest and Everlyn, a notorious community of Druids was resting by. A woman with bluish hair and a wooden tiara was in a small tent, making a potion that would cure superficial wounds, a simple enough concoction. She was such a quiet person, not even her breathing could be heard. She had such a mysterious air around her, and always seemed like she was in a deep train of thoughts...
---
#580 Posted: 18:05:03 19/01/2017
((OOC: NightBlade, is Flint finished with the conversation and should I continue on solo with Loramae's actions, or is there anything else he would like to add?))

Halvard moved quickly through the forest, his mind filled with many thoughts on how he was to proceed with the act of trailing the dragon. He had a blunt idea of which direction if had flown off in, but nothing more to work off of. After all, there were many places in that direction, any things a dragon could merit interest from. The skies themselves had been quiet thus far, so the orc at least knew that the dragon had not turned around. He took several moments to indicate to himself the general direction the dragon had flown off in, lifting a hand and aligning the surface with the sun. Once a direction was locked into his mind, he moved once more. Grab some extra supplies, head that direction thereafter. Good. He had a goal.
---
#581 Posted: 23:38:17 19/01/2017
Back at Hamlet, since Mason wasn't receiving any customers, he made and put a Help Wanted sigh on his door in order to have someone helping him with the weapons and cleaning. There was nobody like Tyrus, so asking for help really did a number on him. He still was furious how he didn't listen to the signs before. If only, just only, would he had known about Tyrus's disobedience, he would've probably chained him up and give him some "discipline" like he has done in the past. Not only was he angry, he was also worried on what would his traveling wife say. How could he explain to her that their son was kidnapped by a dragon rider?
---
#582 Posted: 01:49:36 22/01/2017
Drake says "first off the dragon is right. My name is Drake Dragonkin. my family fought to protect dragons for generations. and Tyrus to answere your question yes I was but after hearing about a dragon sighting I healed my leg w some magic and took off. it starts with finding a dragon but it normally doesn't stop there. and I wasn't sneaking up, I was being careful no provoke our friend here. also friend" Myla jumps out biting the magic chains breaking them. "you should never assume that one would travel alone."
---
I am the Ultimate Dragon
#583 Posted: 02:05:41 22/01/2017
OOC: Give me a little recap on who Myla is...

Tyrus was quite glad to see him, but was very worried on how Nizla was reacting. She was quite a feisty woman. It was incredible how she seemed to be the violent one and the dragon, who had the worse reputation in the kingdom, was the one who was more polite and passive.
"Well Drake, it's very nice to see you again, but as you can see, the dragon, Mr. Thorn here, isn't in any danger. In fact, he and Nizla here helped me get to this place in order to find my mother. I had to leave in quite a hurry. I'm sorry I didn't get to say goodbye to Foxxe, but since you're here, you can deliver the message." Tyrus explained, involuntarily putting himself between him and Nizla to avoid an unnecessary confrontation. Tyrus assumed Drake was only there to check on the dragon, but since he made it clear that it didn't need any kind of protection, he assumed Drake was going to return to Foxxe's cabin eventually.
---
#584 Posted: 02:44:15 22/01/2017
ooc: Myla is Drake's pet hellhound

Drake says "a message. well I might if I ever find my way to Hamlet ever again. but lets see if I need to go back" he draws his sword and throws it into the air and it lands pointing at the dragon. Drake collects it and says "welp there you have it I'm coming with you."
---
I am the Ultimate Dragon
#585 Posted: 03:00:58 22/01/2017
OOC: Thanks. Now I need the approximate size to get an idea.

Tyrus scratched his head very hard, not having expected this turn of events. Was that how Drake chose what he was about to do.
"What!? Why? The dragon is safe, isn't he?" Tyrus said, nervous on how Nizla would react. If it was up to him, he would've let Drake accompany them on their journey gladly, but Nizla seemed like quite an unstable woman, and doubted she was going to like Drake inviting himself to the journey. She was a bit hostile even to Tyrus himself when they first met.
---
#586 Posted: 06:06:15 22/01/2017
Drake says "well lets be honest here, do you honestly think I'm going to get all of my memories back by sitting around at a cabin in the woods all the time? besides my sword does have a soul within it so I simply let it be my guide."
---
I am the Ultimate Dragon
#587 Posted: 12:58:48 22/01/2017
Tyrus still thought Nizla wasn't going to like this, bit decided to stay out of this one. He had a mission of his own, and he was receiving help only cause Nizla decided to do so, a fact that he was very aware of...
---
#588 Posted: 21:03:32 22/01/2017 | Topic Creator
"Absolutely not." Nizla said flatly as she crossed her arms over her chest. Thorn merely lets out a rumbling sigh and turns toward Drake. "Please don't mind Nizla... She is somewhat guarded to say the least." Thorn says to Drake lowering his head to make eye contact. Nizla shoots Thorn a look before she raises her voice. "We do not know his intentions!" "I can smell lies, he cannot deceive us." "We are supposed to keep you identity a secret!" "He has seen me now. What can you do to prevent what has already occurred." Thorn and Nizla locked eyes staring at each other long and hard. For several moments they were both silent simple gazing at the other. It was as if they were speaking without uttering a word. Finally Nizla pinches the bridge of her nose and lets out a long sigh.
"Fine, but he brings his own offering to the forest. Thorn, we have much to discuss in private. Later."
---
#589 Posted: 21:08:51 22/01/2017
Tyrus felt very uncomfortable being in that situation, and even though he knew he could've interfered at any moment, he decided it was best to just stay out of it. He continued to walk with them, in that gloomy, dangerous forest. Tyrus walked much closer to Thorn than he did Nizla, since she was making him very nervous. Drake's presence was welcoming to him, but too sudden as well. He hoped Drake had an offering of his own, as well as for his huge dog pet, and the sooner they were out of the forest, then better. He wanted to ask Thorn something, but remained quiet in fear that it would just anger Nizla more than she already was...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:09:43 22/01/2017 by Felines
#590 Posted: 21:39:02 22/01/2017 | Topic Creator
"One more thing before we enter the forest. Thorn the forest is too dense for you to walk around like that." Nizla said gesturing largely at Thorn. Thorn pauses for a moment before puffing out smoke in surprise. "Oh, gracious me! You're right... one moment." The dragon stepped a few paces back from the group. He pauses before looking to Nizla to verify her opinion. She nodded to him before waving her hand, "Hurry up."
Thorn's form shifts to a pure black color before contorting and shrinking before your very eyes. He draws his wings in and they disappear into the black dwindling mass. This mass shifts from the form of a dragon to that of a humanoid figure.
The black colors seems to fade away leaving behind a strange face. Standing a little bit shorter than Nizla is person who looks like he could very well be her brother. His eyes are vivid green and almond in shape. His nose is long and rounded. His lips are thin and his hair cut roughly and short. He is wearing traveling clothing and a large leather backpack which resembles his saddle.
"Here we are, shall we go now, Nizla?" He says in a much less rumbly version of his voice.
---
#591 Posted: 21:54:02 22/01/2017
Tyrus had to rub his eyes many times to digest what he had just seen.
"That... was... That isn't mentioned in any if the books I've read." Tyrus exclaimed surprised, more to himself than anyone else. So a dragon could assume human form? It was no wonder it was so hard to see one despite their huge sizes. He felt like he could learn so many wonderful things the more he travelled. At least the journey to find his mother wasn't going to be boring.

Back at he border between Caedalyn Forest and Everlyn, the Druid group Alissa was in seemed to be getting rather restless. She knew that must meant that they were going to be on the move again very soon, not that she cared though. She was too used to that life, even if it's not the life she wanted. She felt so empty all the time, but knew she had to bear that lifestyle for a reason, whether she liked it or not. She had no other choice...
---
#592 Posted: 00:03:51 23/01/2017
((OOC: Nightblade? I think you might have missed my prior question))

Meanwhile, Halvard has made his way back to town as well, eyes frequently checking the sky for signs of the dragon changing paths, though none were found. He needed basic supplies, given his travels with Mason had only brought enough minor supplies for a short journey. Given he was not sure how long he would be out, he was safe to prepare to a longer trip. He made haste, however, gathering whatever came to mind as useful, but without putting too much weight on his back. Food was the lesser importance, as many variants of creature pranced around the wilds and edible plants were plentiful, so most of his stock consisted of things not immediately available in the wilderness, important equipment and the like. He opted to stick with his armour and weapon, just in case combat with the dragon ever ensued. It was not long before he finished collecting his things. He considered asking around first, see if anyone had noticed anything. Yet, would he get an answer? The local guards likely weren't paying attention, and as for the citizens, would they even commit that to memory? He still had the direction the dragon had flown in. "If only I had a lead on the dragon," Halvard hummed to himself, a pointless action.
---
#593 Posted: 00:25:53 23/01/2017
OOC: I think she missed it with so many posts after it.

At the blacksmith's shop, Mason was as miserable as ever. Since no customer has come so far, and since his Help Wanted sign wasn't answered yet, he proceeded to finish polishing the shields he left Tyrus in charge of. He had to keep working somehow to keep his mind off things as best as he could, but he was currently thinking on excuses he could give Alissa if she ever visited their son again...
---
#594 Posted: 00:54:55 23/01/2017
Drake says "thank you Thorne. you are very kind to support me. I may not know what the heck an offering is but I think i'll manage." a dull hum begins to sound from Drakes sword as if the spirit of the dragon inside seemed to know Thorne in a way.
---
I am the Ultimate Dragon
#595 Posted: 16:42:12 23/01/2017 | Topic Creator
ooc: @Shadow-Cipher: Sorry I missed that. Loramae can continue solo, Flint is done with his interaction.
@ShadeTheDragon: Please remember that we agreed that your sword would not be enchanted.
--

"What a peculiar blade!" Mused Thorn said as he began to walk towards the into the forest. Nizla followed him as she rolled her eyes. Clearly she believed otherwise. Thorn continued speaking as he gripped the straps of her backpack. "Surely you know what an offering is. Like one leaves to the gods or to a king. A sign of respect. Surely you can provide something to give to the forest!" He said.
---
#596 Posted: 16:51:14 23/01/2017
Tyrus stayed out of the conversation, but as exited and bizarre was the scene he just witnessed, he never drifted his thoughts off his original mission. He held his offering tightly, wanting to get over all that ritual, but as he walked, something was just bothering him too much. Since Thorn seemed more interested in talking with Drake, he addressed to Nizla instead.
"Nizla, do you think my mother would want me? She only visits me once every few years, and her visits don't even last a full hour. And my father, well, he only tolerates me cause he wants to use my abilities. He doesn't love me, and I can't come back with him after I disobeyed him so severely. I went after Thorn after he strictly forbade me not to."" Tyrus said gloomily, thinking that if not even his own parents loved him, then what he should do? Since he didn't know his mother's predicament, he was under the impression she didn't love him either.
---
#597 Posted: 17:00:09 23/01/2017 | Topic Creator
Nizla's face flashes a look of shock at Tyrus's initial question before her expression softens. When she speaks her voice is oddly gentle for what you've seen of Nizla. "Tyrus, I unfortunately cannot promise that a parent would love their child unconditionally. Not with my own... well, that's not important. What is important for now is that you find your mother. Hopefully all else will fall into place once you do." She said. She placed a hand on his shoulder, and then shook her head. "No matter what anyone tells you, family is more than blood. Those who love you dearly -- they are family. Everyone finds someone who loves them so eventually."
---
#598 Posted: 17:18:07 23/01/2017
Tyrus simply lowered his head, feeling depressed, but he didn't cry. He has learned to bottle up his deepest emotions thanks to his father, cause to Mason, it was a sign of weakness. He was a bit interested when Nizla seemed to sop mid sentence when she mentioned something about, seemingly her own family, but Tyrus decided not to press the matter and let it off like that. He then composed himself and tried to return to his previously cheerful disposition.
"Well, it's settled then. If my own blood can't love me, then I'll just have to find somebody else that would. The world is big. I can find a family of my own." he said with fiery determination, unwilling to let anything get in the way of his happiness.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:23:53 23/01/2017 by Felines
#599 Posted: 20:10:51 23/01/2017
Drake says "to be honest I lost all of my memories. I woke up a few days ago barely able to remember my own name. I only remembered how to fight and use a few basic spells in short. not long ago I got a few memories back, they involed my family haratege and the origens of the family sword. from what I gather my family defended a family of dragons for generations, one day the last dragon of that family fell ill. over centuries the dragons taught my family many things and even gave us gifts. this last dragon I mentioned gave my family the most powerful gift of all. with the aide of a master smith the dieing dragon used its fire to help forge this sword and while the sword was being forged my family poured ther magic into it. the blade was completed on the dragons dieing breath. fallowing the dragons wishes they sealed his soul within the sword so he would be able to lend us his aide when we need it. other then all that I have no memory, I cant remember were i'm from or anything. as for an offering I should be able to figure something out."
---
I am the Ultimate Dragon
#600 Posted: 22:28:02 23/01/2017
((OOC: Thanks. I had a feeling you just missed it))

Halvard stood now at the exit of town, eyes flickering to the masses of people once more. It had been such a while since he had gone on a longer journey, and it felt strange to be moving around again, heading out in the wilds. Yet, he liked the notion, enjoyed the idea that he would embrace the wilderness once again. With a grand exhale, he turned around and moved out of civilization, into nature. He followed the last known direction of the dragon's flight, uncertain of what he might find, and when he might find it.

~~~

Loramae moved out now, the conversation having no more words to say. She trailed through the town, observing, learning, and keeping her intentions silent to the masses. It was a while of walking and listening before she finally arrived at her destination. She kept back at first, looking upon the house. It was impressive, but the dwellings of nobles high and low often were, and while she was impressed, those living within were likely accustomed to such notions. She stared upon the house for a while before finally noting her standing still could be questionable. Very blatantly, she dropped a single coin upon the ground, moving to pick it up. While she performed such an action, she sized up the house once again, looking for possible security and points of entry.
---
First | Previous | Page 12 of 17 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me