Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
A Skylanders: Six Idea [CLOSED]
SodaPopHD Gold Sparx Gems: 2023
#1 Posted: 21:56:41 06/03/2016 | Topic Creator
At the moment, I have multiple ideas for different Skylanders games. I've made about ten games on a Skylanders Fan Wiki, but only one has actually gotten good attention (no, I'm not trying to be an attention hog). But you guys gotta wonder this: What if Skylanders Six was a sandbox game? What if Skylanders could customize their own weapons or stuff like that? What if you could create your own worlds and play on them with other people?

This is the point where you decide this isn't worth your time and exit out of this topic, huh? Well, here me out.

My idea for Skylanders Six is called Skylanders: Extreme Rules, a game where the primary gimmick focuses on the creation of different worlds and Skylanders having the ability to customize their own weapons.

Game Modes
Okay, so there are two types of game modes: Story Mode, and Creation Mode. Both are pretty self explanatory. The Story Mode plays just like any other Skylanders game. The plot of the game focuses on a new villain named Vortex, an omnipotent evil God who vows to destroy the Orb of Creation, which harnessed all of the elements and created everything known in Skylands. Kaos is still around, but tries to compete with Vortex on several occasions, similar to how he did with the Doom Raiders. The gimmick Skylanders, which I have no name for yet, are Skylanders that are able to customize their own weapons, so it could be better suited for range attacks.

The Creation Mode, on the other hand, focuses on Portal Masters creating their own lands in Skylands. It could be an edited feature in Skylands, or it could act as a battle arena, where multiple Portal Masters participate in a battle royal. The Creation Mode has an endless amount of features, so you're not very limited to what you can do. There are different types of terrain and materials that can be added to your map. Once you are done creating, you can either share it with friends or share it with the world, so that they could play on it. You can also create different mods. It's kind of like Minecraft, but without the square-like graphics!

Types of Skylanders
For this game, there are five different types of Skylanders: The gimmick characters who I still have no name for, Core Skylanders (because I honestly want them to return), reposed characters (like the ones in SuperChargers, Sky-miibos (please don't hurt me), and in-game villains that can be captured.

The Gimmick characters, as I've said before, can customize their weapons. I've also added two sub-categories (like the lower half abilities in Swap Force or the terrains of the vehicles in SuperChargers. For the first one, each Skylander starts off with a default weapon category, which is what their movepool will be based off of. There are eight types of weapon categories: melee weapons, shooter weapons, projectile weapons, transformation weapons, recovery items, helper items, spells, and surprise weapons. I haven't exactly thought out how to unlock stuff for customization, or how the customization process would go. But a weapon can be customized to better suit the Skylander. The second category is more of a general gaming genre. There will be areas in the game that require Skylanders with a specific gamer's ability to be unlocked. These types of genres include platforming, racing, action, role-playing, shooter, sports, strategy, and building.

The Core Skylanders work like any normal Skylander. I kept these around because I love it when Toys for Bob think of new ideas for Skylanders, but they're not gimmicks. Existing Skylanders with new upgrades are sort of alright, but I like them new. I know many people wouldn't agree with me, but I just feel that way. Reimagined Skylanders, as mentioned before, are Skylanders with an all new upgrade set. They still have some of powers from their previous incarnations, too. Sky-miibos, which I'm sure most people wouldn't like, are Nintendo characters that have come to join the fight. They also have their own challenges for that specific character scattered all throughout the game, which unlock their soul gem. In-game villains are new villains that can be convinced to fight for good. However, there are a few differences; rather than using traps, the Villains are saved into a new Villain Vault, where you can call them at any point in battle. They don't have timers anymore, and they are upgradable.

Alright, that's my idea for Skylanders Six. Sorry the post ran a bit too long. What do you guys think? Be honest. If there's anything I need to work on, just be a man and say it. I'd rather take anyone's suggestions than cry about it.
---
"Sarcasm is like punching someone in the face, but with words."
"You're not ugly. You're a beautiful monkey."
JOIN THE CAUSE TO SAVE DITTO!
trapmaster787 Blue Sparx Gems: 723
#2 Posted: 22:15:00 06/03/2016
lets do it smilie
---
I'm stronger than you - Garnet
SodaPopHD Gold Sparx Gems: 2023
#3 Posted: 22:38:45 06/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: trapmaster787
lets do it smilie

Mack! smilie
---
"Sarcasm is like punching someone in the face, but with words."
"You're not ugly. You're a beautiful monkey."
JOIN THE CAUSE TO SAVE DITTO!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me