Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Sleep Softly and Dream Brightly [CLOSED]
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6632
#1 Posted: 03:13:31 29/02/2016 | Topic Creator
Lucid Dream
noun
a dream state in which one is conscious enough to recognize that one is in the dream state

Do you ever remember having a lucid dream? Do you remember how it felt? How it was like you were actually there touching, tasting, feeling, hearing, and seeing every scene from a first person perspective? When you wake up, do you feel disoriented, like you were already awake before then? How did those dreams usually go? Were you eating your favorite food? Were you a self-insert in your favorite television show? Were you riding a unicorn across a rainbow to find the pot of gold on the other side? Can you even remember most of the dream? Maybe you can, maybe you can't. The bigger questions is, was it really JUST a dream?

When you "lucid dream," you are actually being pulled into a realm where all your dreams come true for a short period of time. For all intensive purposes, we will call this the Dream Realm. Usually, the realm is full of people's wildest fantasies, from riding a unicorn to having a stable job and house. Mostly, it's a tranquil and serene. Now and again, a bad thought does appear and stir things up, causing nightmares and panic, but it is usually cleansed of in a few hours. What if it wasn't though? What if it simply grew into an amalgamation of despair, depravity, and dread? Well, here's your answer.

Theme Music

A curtain of black has descended upon the Dream Realm. A virus made of nightmares has corrupted the realm, the atmosphere becoming bleak and oppressive. Every dream has become a nightmare. The people that lucid dream are now pulled into a realm of twilight and blood. Creatures of varying horrors patrol the realm, seeking and eliminating those unfortunate enough to dream. Those who don't survive to sunrise never wake up. Those who do awake find themselves forgetting all that has transpired, left only with an eerie chill. When you escape the realm, there is no guarantee you will not return. If you do return, your memories from the last time(s) come back. Terrible, right? Well, unfortunately it seems you were the unlucky dreamer this time. What will you do? Will you try to stop this nightmare, once and for all? Or will you preserve your own life and hide until sunrise?

Rules:
- While this is dream oriented and usually dream is the go ahead for 50ft titans with shoop da whoop lazors, please keep things at a respectable whimsicalness.
- CHARACTERS MUST BE HUMAN.
- Try to post at least once a day or two days at the minimum. If you stop, the RP won't be able to continue and survive.
- Try to at least write 2 sentences per post.
- Characters may be added later on.
- Basic rules of RP .
- I reserve the right to ban you from the RP if you violate rules.

Character Sheet
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
What They Dream Of:
Greatest Fear:
Other: [Optional] (Add "Return" to this section only if they have have survived this world once)
Memories: (Only fill in if they are returning, write what happened last time)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Micheal Klein (goes by Mikey)
Appearance: [User Posted Image]
Personality: Unusually care-free. Extremely flirtatious but can't handle being flirted back at. Does get embarrassed easily and doesn't shut his mouth when he should, continuing to babble and make things worse. He is split into 4 other personalities, having the Dissociative Identity Disorder.
What They Dream Of: A domestic life with his boyfriend, free of his personalities. Sometimes pie.
Greatest Fear: Losing himself to his personalities/people sacrificing themselves for him.
Other: For this RP, personalities are not present because of his dream. Dating Phoenix.

Name: Phoenix Hadley
Personality: A bit of a hot head, he tries to keep things from bothering him too much or he'll explode. Very protective of people he cares about and isn't afraid to punch some faces and break some legs. Tells these awful jokes that physical hurt. When angered, he only sees red.
What They Dream Of: Domestic life with boyfriend, unicorns were real.
Greatest Fear: Being too late to help
Other: Return. Dating Mikey.
Memories: Last time, he watched as many people were slaughtered in front of him before he could help. He couldn't reach them in time. Hide in shame until the sunrise.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Edited 7 times - Last edited at 03:30:29 29/02/2016 by DragonCamo
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#2 Posted: 03:33:02 29/02/2016
Name: Siris Kardonis (goes by Kard)
Appearance: Kard is around 5'6, he's not overly muscular, but he's no slouch either. He has short dark brown hair and brown eyes. He usually wears a dark grey hoodie with black pants, with some sort of graphic tee underneath. When he means business, he takes the hoodie off.

Personality: Kard is a bit of a pessimist, always seeing the worst in situations and people, he is also very quick to anger. Kard is not a very trusting guy, he will always question people and their allegiance, but if he ends up trusting you, he will stay loyal and do anything for them.

What They Dream Of: Kard dreams of battle, a way to unload the amount of negative energy he gets every day from school, stress, and other people. In his dreams, he is always the victor, but the battle is never easy.
Greatest Fear: Being helpless. Kard is only truly fearful if he is at the complete mercy of whatever is threatening him.
Other: A few years ago, his younger sister died in her sleep. Upon entering the dream realm, he believes that the nightmares killed his sister, and is out for revenge.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:23:14 29/02/2016 by kardonis
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#3 Posted: 04:49:54 29/02/2016
Name: Asami Sugiyama
Appearance: Short red hair, wears a red jacket that's unzipped and a white vest over a red shirt, and black pants.
Personality: A strong independent white woman who don't need no man.
What They Dream Of: A world where everyone is happy and gets along, a world of peace.
Greatest Fear: Feeling hopeless, hitting an obstacle that is unable to be overcome no matter how hard she tries.
Other:
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#4 Posted: 04:50:18 29/02/2016 | Topic Creator
OOC: Accepeted, kard
Accepted Seiki
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:50:52 29/02/2016 by DragonCamo
#5 Posted: 18:16:45 04/03/2016
Bump to try and remind DC to do this.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#6 Posted: 22:58:44 05/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Ooc: K so you start "waking up" into the dream. Uh, for sake of irony, you're in a meadow. Also, the beginning of when you first wake up is basically how your character would dream the world to be. Eventually, that'll disappear but for now, keep the curtain closed.

Phoenix's eyes slowly open, a soft mix of pink and blue light streaming into his eye. Groggily rubbing his eyes, he sits up and looks around. Surrounding him is a pond of soft grass, caged in my large, whimsical looking trees. For a moment, he relaxes before horror strikes him. His eyes dart again to his surroundings, familiarity crawling on his back and burrowing into his mind. This was not a place he thought he'd ever return. Flashes of red overtake his sight as he begins to panic, by chance looking over to see another body a few feet behind him.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:11:59 09/03/2016 by DragonCamo
#7 Posted: 14:30:49 08/03/2016
Asami sits up in the middle of the soft grass and looks around. The air is clean and the sky is bright with nothing but trees surrounding her in this tranquil clearing. It's the picture perfect example of natural beauty. It's so perfect, it almost can't be real.
---
NightBlade Platinum Sparx Gems: 6019
#8 Posted: 20:31:12 08/03/2016
Name: Stella Ewathe
Personality: Stella can be a little spacy sometimes when she is deep and thought. She loves to write and create and takes a moment to breath in everything she sees. She is a calm sorta quite person who almost never raises her voice. She loves the beauty of every moment and the beauty in every person. Dreams are one of her favorite things to write about.
What They Dream Of: Space and Adventures.
Greatest Fear: Losing their ability to imagine
Other: [Optional] Stella works as a writer. She writes mostly about sci-fi novels.
Memories:

ooc :This Rp looked pretty rad so I wanted to join.
---
The Eater of Worlds has awoken!
"Muttering curse words under her breasts..." - Jamie
Galaxies and Stardust. More Art Than Stars.
#9 Posted: 04:41:19 09/03/2016
Siris awakes to find himself lying on the ground.

"uuugh, I don't remember being out camping." He slowly gets his bearings. "Wait, wasn't it winter? This has to be a dream or something."

He looks around the clearing, finding three other people, two female, one male. "Great, NPCs, let's see what they want....."
---
#10 Posted: 05:05:54 09/03/2016 | Topic Creator
OOC: You're accepted, NightBlade ^.^

A nagging on his body forces Mikey awake. Annoyed, he looks over to see Phoenix looking at him, eyes wide with panic. Mikey quickly sits up, alarmed by his boyfriend's expression, oblivious to his surroundings. "Phoenix?" he questions as the other boy grabs onto his arms urgently. "We have to go" Phoenix cries, slightly tugging at Mikey's sleeves.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:16:56 09/03/2016 by DragonCamo
#11 Posted: 15:36:03 09/03/2016
"Integrity has been compromised: ejecting operator "STELLA" from stasis." Stella's eyes fluttered open and drew in a deep breath. Her HUD flashed up with several alarms as she turned her head to gather her surroundings. With her HUD blaring she decided in be best to switch the device off. She looked around the meadow she found herself in. There were several other people near by who had already been moving. Maybe they knew what was going on. Slowly Stella sat up and then brought herself to stand. She switched her attention to the others nearby. "What is going on here?" She asked calmly as she brushed the grass from her uniform.
---
#12 Posted: 02:31:40 11/03/2016
OOC: Wait, is Stella a robot?

"Hmm, not really sure how I got here. Last, I remember I was in my bed." Asami muttered to herself. She walked over to a tree and rubbed the bark. It all felt so real, but at the same time a little off; only slightly. She couldn't quite put her finger on what was so strange about all this. Just before she got too lost in thought, she noticed she wasn't alone in this clearing.
---
#13 Posted: 02:19:07 15/03/2016
ooc: No, but DC said to have characters start off in how they would dream so I went sci-fi. I'll stop if you want.
--

Stella approached the nearby people slowly speaking louder in an attempt to be heard. "Hello, does anyone know what is going on here?" She asked calmly. "I am not sure where I am at the moment."
---
#14 Posted: 07:04:52 15/03/2016
OOC: It's fine, I just got a little confused.

Asami looked around to the others in the meadow and noted she didn't recognize a single one. Thinking nothing of the nagging feeling that something was off, she continued to look around the clearing at her surroundings.
---
#15 Posted: 18:47:20 15/03/2016
*Siris walks over to Stella*

Oh, you're lost? I'm sure a guy like me can find your way back home, besides, I don't have anything better to do.
---
#16 Posted: 00:40:53 16/03/2016
"A guy like you? What do you mean?" Stella asked asked the person who had just walked over to her. "I just want to know where I am, thank you." She clarified, brushing her hair back behind her ears. She looked them up and down as she waited for a response.
---
#17 Posted: 02:21:27 16/03/2016
"Well I'm the hero, duh." Scoffs Siris. "It's my job to help people, and smack heads. Mainly smacking heads though."

Siris looks around the area.

"I'm guessing these people are lost too? Wouldn't be surprised." Siris turns to face everyone. "Don't worry guys! You'll be safe with me, I'm the hero, I've fought monsters greater than you can imagine!"
---
#18 Posted: 16:03:27 16/03/2016
Asami looks over to the two chatting, unable to help herself in over hearing their conversation through the otherwise quiet scenery. "Well, someone's a little full of himself." She quietly laughs to herself.

She wasn't really sure who she was, or who these other people were, but she didn't question it. It was a calm and peaceful place and everyone seemed to be getting along.
---
#19 Posted: 20:54:09 16/03/2016
"You should know that a great many number of villains self-proclaim themselves to be heroes." Stella replies to Siris smoothly. She then continues on after leaving that note in the air for a second. "I am glad to see your enthusiasm to help though. I suppose in time I'll figure out where I am -- with or without your help. My name is Stella, and you are...?"
---
#20 Posted: 23:42:06 16/03/2016
"Huh, never thought of it like that before..." Siris says to himself.

"Oh, right," Siris looks at Stella "I'm Siris, if you've got my back, I've got yours."

Siris thinks to himself, maybe this isn't just my dream, these people seem too, real... I swear I heard one of the others say something, and if this was just a dream, then wouldn't I be a little more omnipotent? This could change some things.....
---
#21 Posted: 02:14:44 24/03/2016
Uninterested in joining the conversation for the time being, Asami sits down in the grass to enjoy the breeze and watches as the two chatter. No one was fighting, no one was hurting, there would be no harm in just letting the two talk for a bit. After all, they seemed to be doing it calmly anyway.
---
#22 Posted: 05:12:41 02/04/2016 | Topic Creator
"What? Why do we have to....Phoenix, why are the clouds pink? Is that a unicorn over there?!" Mikey exclaimed, eyes quickly widening in awe. Before him was a distasteful landscape and sky of pastel pinks and blues. A unicorn was gracefully prancing about, crushing dozens of smiling flowers under it's hooves. "Am I high right now? Did Terra spike my drink again" Mikey questioned absentmindedly, still taking in the confusing sights. Phoenix could have laughed and made some joke about what happened last time Mikey got high, but it was crushed under his heavy stress and fear. Just as he began to speak, a flash of black covered the landscape. For him, the scenery before him began to crack and crumble away. Darkness oozed from the cracks, dripping onto the land like lava. With a quick glance towards Mikey, he could tell that they were seeing the same thing. This realm had finally begun to show it's true colors.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:16:47 02/04/2016 by DragonCamo
#23 Posted: 02:47:06 03/04/2016
"Now THIS is my kind of dream." Siris exclaims. "Bring on the army, I'm ready for them!" Siris flicks his wrist and a black and red sword appears in his hand.
---
#24 Posted: 06:07:33 03/04/2016
Asami looks to the sky and sees the abrupt change in scenery. This was no paradise, this was a nightmare. She quickly rises to her feet and looks around to see the others are ok, at least for now.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me