Forum

Skylanders: Battlecast

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Mobile > Skylanders: Battlecast > Anyones ToysRus getting these cards on the 1st?
Page 1 of 1
Anyones ToysRus getting these cards on the 1st?
Jimmy Blue Sparx Gems: 662
#1 Posted: 01:44:57 29/02/2016 | Topic Creator
Hey everyone,

So i called ToysRus and they have never heard of Skylanders Battlecast nor do they know of any cards coming out on the first :/ not only that but there is no information anywhere saying they are! Has anyone heard anything at all? This board is pretty dead when it comes to battlecast cards chat :/
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#2 Posted: 05:44:16 29/02/2016
My TRU stores know nothing as well. I would bet money 3/1 is not going to happen for these. If it was March 1st, some store would have leaked them or sold them by mistake. The packs must exist, some other countries imply they might have them, but no information, no plugs, no nothing for worldwide distribution.

Am enjoying my battlecast app from NZ, but I want the bloody cards to come out.

Oh, fyi, I inquired with MJ Holdings about them, they are the company that supplies Game Stop and TRU with their pokemon and the like cards, they would surely be the vendor here. They would not respond to me.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:45:06 29/02/2016 by lamoracke
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#3 Posted: 10:37:54 29/02/2016
The listings(?) that came with Wave 4 were removed, so no idea either. Wish there was more info,but it's not just the cards that have this issue. We just know that there's no reason for them to suddenly go silent about Battlecast if the NZ/Sweden versions still get updates.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:41:44 29/02/2016 by Bifrost
#4 Posted: 11:12:26 29/02/2016 | Topic Creator
Exactly guys :/ it really angers me that someone said oh battlecast comes to the US march 1st and yet there is absolutely nothing at all posted about it at all :/ i mean i have a fd page skylanders battlecasters and i been telling people that i heard march 1st was the release and now it makes me wonder when will see battlecast in the us smilie

Hopefully someone here knows something and can share it with us all
#5 Posted: 11:23:37 29/02/2016
We did hear it because they were listed to release along with Eater Thrillipede and the Power Blues in some TRU page, but they disappeared less than a week after while the rest stayed. Now chances are the game will show up for download randomly someday.
---
#6 Posted: 14:55:51 29/02/2016
Its just been a terrible roll out. I know Roger_Swe has played this game as well as I have I and I can honestly say this battlecast app game is potentially the best Skylanders game I have played. However, they are truly messing this up by incompetence in their rollout. They are going to need to do a complete 180 to make this rollout a success. The cards and game are so good, it could really catch on, but it will never catch fire if its released in a vacuum.
#7 Posted: 20:29:26 29/02/2016 | Topic Creator
I just called ToysRus again and they checked all the new Skylanders boxes set to release on the 1st but absolutely no Battlecast cards smilie this really stinks guys!
#8 Posted: 20:53:42 29/02/2016
Really no reason for this delay and silence too, game's polished and ready to go where it soft launched. Maybe calling Activision Support would help? Someone in the US of course, not my case, and I don't think Orville can help us here since he's more about the technical side of the games.
---
#9 Posted: 22:17:25 29/02/2016 | Topic Creator
Exactly my point :/ its not like NZ cards are in Japanese or something! Idk whats going on and if Battlecast actually releases tomorrow then i'm all for it. But so far its looking like the papers at toysrus lied saying it was street dated march 1st since they should of heard about it by now! :/
#10 Posted: 03:34:27 01/03/2016
It was not like Toys R Us really was advertising this 3/1 date. I think someone found it in an internal system and we just went with it. If 3/30 is the go live date in Sweden for the cards, hope its around then for us too.
#11 Posted: 13:20:14 01/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Well if anyone goes to toysrus then please share if you find anything smilie
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#12 Posted: 20:09:19 01/03/2016
The distribution center handling the states of Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and Missouri doesn't have any and no stores in these states have any.

Looks like another Skylanders release blunder. Had no trouble finding the new Infinity releases for today, but every time Skylanders is supposed to release a product, it goes horribly wrong.

So, big no for the states I listed above, despite TRU's internal computers having today as the day of release. Also, in my city, we have a store that deals with TCG's and gets all new releases. They said they won't be carrying Battlecast. If Acti wants people to get in on this game, they should really make sure it hits all retail stores that deal with collectible cards and games.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#13 Posted: 21:30:45 01/03/2016
Wow,someone actually took advantage of this and put up an article about how Battlecast was released worldwide today and you get a link to download it for free there.
It's a spyware site of course.

But seriously guys call Activision support this isn't normal. Silently remove the listings for the packs but the game's still working fine and WOULD work fine without the cards?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:31:01 01/03/2016 by Bifrost
#14 Posted: 23:41:02 01/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Maybe it will release tomorrow since new apps always release on wednesdays? Idk its all i can honestly think of :/ and the skylanders fb page is a joke because they hardly post any useful information and haven't even mentioned battlecast
#15 Posted: 23:47:17 01/03/2016
Don't use the social media pages for anything, use the support phone/email. The Skylanders PR guy is a joke and only answers witty puns and people posting pictures of their collection.
---
#16 Posted: 00:52:07 02/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Oh i know he is! I just post about my battle casters fb page on there to get people to like my page and start a community since i actually post new useful info on everything battlecast c:
#17 Posted: 04:13:55 02/03/2016
Yeah, looking forward to having a group just for battlecast, like Lost Islands had, etc. Course right now, its only folks in NZ and Sweden and folks like me who are pretending to be a kiwi (which is not easy) to be able to play.
Toleroh Yellow Sparx Gems: 1858
#18 Posted: 17:47:17 15/03/2016
Is there a guide somewhere on how to get it in the US? Do you need a dedicated alternate region device?
---
BATTLECAST: StumpSmashRules#405
PortalMaster Happy Libertyelf (RIP). Favor-eight: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#19 Posted: 19:54:47 15/03/2016
Don't know how the people in DS who are playing did it, but it always tells me the phones and the country aren't compatible. We can wait until they add more, or try to fool the servers into thinking the phone is from New Zealand, Sweden and possibly Italy, where it's out. No idea of how legal that is, probably not, so you'll have to do that research on your own. Been considering doing that to Bluestacks since it runs "better" on my PC(but hates any open browser) but don't want to risk for a chance that maybe it'll run on it.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me