Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > About the Spyro Game Poll...
Page 1 of 1
About the Spyro Game Poll... [CLOSED]
AntauriWolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1248
#1 Posted: 22:14:13 04/01/2009 | Topic Creator
I've noticed that most people want the next Spyro game to be just like the Legend of Spyro series. Well for one, 3 games of the same kind of gameplay and such is enough and would be quite boresome of they keep making games on the same path. And plus, Dawn of the Dragon was the finale of the series, so I don't think there will be another.

The second most favored choice on the list is getting them to revert back to the originals. Yes, I do have to agree that originals were the best and always will be, but if they start back from there and keep making those same kind of games, it will also become very boring.

I think the choices of making a mixture of the two or making something completely different are reasonable. I personally chose of creating the next game to be a mixture of the two. It would interesting to see how that would make out, and plus, I think Spyro is up for any kind of new change. I'm sure eventually one change will become as good as the originals.
And for those people who chose of Spyro not continuing on at all, could you share with us why you think he shouldn't continue?

I'd like to know your guys' views on this. I'm not intending this to be flame war of the originals vs. the Legend of Spyro series. I just want to know your opinions.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:15:30 04/01/2009 by AntauriWolf
elder volteer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1663
#2 Posted: 22:43:28 04/01/2009
i think they should have more LOS because i realy injoy free flying and it wa fun playing as 2 diffrent chareters
---
Brawl!!! Friend meh!
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=31744&page=1#2003580
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7090
#3 Posted: 23:07:07 04/01/2009
I agree with elder volteer! TLOS rules!! (MY OPINION)
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#4 Posted: 00:31:21 05/01/2009
To be honest, I didn't really care. I voted blindfolded, the only REAL way to go! ^.^b
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#5 Posted: 00:36:54 05/01/2009
I chose the legend games not really for the plot and characters, but for the gameplay.
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
Rocky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1860
#6 Posted: 13:29:28 05/01/2009
My opinions:

More of the Legend of Spyro:

That's EXACTLY what i whanted/voted for! I love those new games, if i hadn't bought TLoS: A New Beginning as my first game i wouldn't be the Spyro-maniac i am today!smilie

Back to the original style:

NO THANKS. I personally don't think the old games had a good story, and it's being a part of another world that makes me love games like this.smilie

A mix of the two:

This could be pretty intresting, BUT if it's the way i understand it: No thanks...

It would be pretty cool if they re-designed and re-introduced the old characters into the TLoS-series, actually that would be pure awesomeness!smilie

Something completely different:

NO! NO! NO! Nothing could ever beat the Spyro we know!smilie

No more:

EVEN MORE NO! NO! NO! If they worn't make anymore games... i... i... i... i... i... i... i... would become INSANE!!!!smiliesmilie_smilie_smilie_smilie

^Just my opinion!smilie
Stormy Gold Sparx Gems: 2624
#7 Posted: 16:15:16 05/01/2009
I agree, AntauriWolf. However, I've noticed that this forum has mostly younger members who like TLoS, while other forums have a majority of older members who prefer original. It's all about the forum you're on; like I've said before, darkSpyro is by no means the entire Spyro fanbase, so there is hope yet. smilie

I voted original style, by the way. smilie
Night Owl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1942
#8 Posted: 16:52:31 05/01/2009
I think they may make more in the style of TLoS But not in the series couse we all know trilogy's only have three games/books/whatever.smilie I think it may follow on from dawn of the dragon but I don't see how they'd solve the problem of
no ignitus
. (only in a spoiler because people may not have finished DOTD.
---
Back from hibernation.
#9 Posted: 02:26:15 06/01/2009
Quote: Stormy
I agree, AntauriWolf. However, I've noticed that this forum has mostly younger members who like TLoS, while other forums have a majority of older members who prefer original. It's all about the forum you're on; like I've said before, darkSpyro is by no means the entire Spyro fanbase, so there is hope yet. :)

I voted original style, by the way. :P

That's exactly the point many people have been trying to make! Once can easily tell the difference between the younger forum members (who are consequentially usually TLoS fans) and the older fans (more original style fans) just by reading someone's post.

For example, a younger, TLoS fan will usually use chatroom speak, never capitalize the first letter of a sentence, and spam smileys or punctuation marks. (note: no offense to anyone, but it's pretty easy to tell, especially by the latter two).
---
#10 Posted: 15:33:04 06/01/2009
Thank you for that post; that's exactly what I've been noticing, and I couldn't agree more. I've been wanting to say something along those lines for ages.... *gives cookie*
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:33:37 06/01/2009 by Stormy
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#11 Posted: 17:11:26 06/01/2009
Quote: HIR
Quote: Stormy
I agree, AntauriWolf. However, I've noticed that this forum has mostly younger members who like TLoS, while other forums have a majority of older members who prefer original. It's all about the forum you're on; like I've said before, darkSpyro is by no means the entire Spyro fanbase, so there is hope yet. smilie

I voted original style, by the way. smilie

That's exactly the point many people have been trying to make! Once can easily tell the difference between the younger forum members (who are consequentially usually TLoS fans) and the older fans (more original style fans) just by reading someone's post.

For example, a younger, TLoS fan will usually use chatroom speak, never capitalize the first letter of a sentence, and spam smileys or punctuation marks. (note: no offense to anyone, but it's pretty easy to tell, especially by the latter two).

Being younger doesn't make a difference. It's being mature that does.
#12 Posted: 22:04:30 06/01/2009
Maturity usually comes with age. Although if you ask some people, you get even more immature before you finally mature. e_e
---
Suicune Red Sparx Gems: 15
#13 Posted: 00:26:26 07/01/2009
Personaly, I voted for the original style. I grew up loving the old Spyro games, and his new design just isn't as appealing to me :X

Although I admit that in Dawn of the Dragon he does look more dragon like, and it would be interesting to see his free flight mode in other games.
Spyro Technics Yellow Sparx Gems: 1899
#14 Posted: 09:58:31 07/01/2009
That is exactly what I was thinking. Enough of LOS. >.>

LOS was meant to be a reboot. They were probably aiming to draw in more gamers because it was combat based. But in my opinion, it failed.

I wanted a mix too. Maybe we can get a game that requires brains, but with some fun combat, and a good plot/characters.

The original style wouldn't survive in the world of gaming today. Yeah, a few poeple would get it, but it probably wouldn't take off. It would probably appeal to younger people... I don't know many games that are popular today that don't involve some sort of combat. But I haven't played every game have I? xD

Something completely different would probably be okay, as long as they didn't mess it up.
Dark Cynder_27 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6041
#15 Posted: 10:09:34 07/01/2009
Mix it up already I'll get the mixer *goes to find mixer*
(MY OPINION MINE ONLY MINE)
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7090
#16 Posted: 11:18:12 07/01/2009
Quote: Dark Cynder_27
Mix it up already I'll get the mixer *goes to find mixer*
(MY OPINION MINE ONLY MINE)

That would be pretty interesting. I choose more of tLOS because I loved it so much.
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#17 Posted: 15:31:24 07/01/2009
Quote: HIR
Maturity usually comes with age. Although if you ask some people, you get even more immature before you finally mature. e_e

Not always.
#18 Posted: 21:58:36 07/01/2009
That's not really even the point we were trying to make. =P
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me