darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Am I being blind? When were microtransactions added into Superchargers?
Page 1 of 1
Am I being blind? When were microtransactions added into Superchargers? [CLOSED]
Balphagor_ Yellow Sparx Gems: 1430
#1 Posted: 00:44:34 25/01/2016 | Topic Creator
I was incredibly dissapointed when I found out that the game had included microtransactions into the game, but had they always been there? I could sware that the last time I looked before finding this they were not there.
---
Don't forget to check out the YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/ChannelDotTheDot
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#2 Posted: 00:57:35 25/01/2016
Nope. It was added with the latest update so that Acti gets even more money.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#3 Posted: 01:12:09 25/01/2016
It was in the box but added recently for gearbits, I made a topic about when they opened FAQ on how to use it. It's useless unless you reaaaally want to save up those 30 minutes of grinding.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#4 Posted: 11:26:04 25/01/2016
Quote: Balphagor_
I was incredibly dissapointed when I found out that the game had included microtransactions into the game, but had they always been there? I could sware that the last time I looked before finding this they were not there.

as this game wasnt expensive enough, they just sneaked in the microtransactions. if this had been in from the starts this game would be slaughtered in reviews. this looks like an desperate attempt by acti, the game sales is not living up to what they expected. so they now put in microtransactions and wait for some of the stupid 'mobile phone whales' to use it. i though trap team was the worst with the plastic traps, upgrades locked in adventure packs and game update patching etc... but no, they have gone full retard with superchargers by the look of it... anyway this is just another pin point on the list. of why this game is crap and not worth buying and supporting in my opinion.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#5 Posted: 11:46:13 25/01/2016
The reviews wouldn't be able to care less. It's not required, it's not even that useful, they'd skim over it and at the most subtract a 0.1.

The day this STARTS TO COMPARE to whaling, the mobile gaming market is actually getting less greedy. You're making a big deal out of nothing.
---
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#6 Posted: 13:33:14 25/01/2016
The reviewers that have an issue with Skylanders would drag it for the micro transactions but the others wouldn't even care.

Also, did I miss something ? "Upgrades locked in adventure packs" ???
#7 Posted: 14:06:35 25/01/2016
Nope,there aren't adventure packs this time,and even back then the most that was locked in them were the respective soul gems(so you're at most missing an Accolade),scrolls and hats. Even with Knight Mare and Knight Light's soul gem upgrades are locked if you buy them on single packs,Superchargers allows you to get them free of IRL charge.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:07:55 25/01/2016 by Bifrost
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#8 Posted: 14:25:44 25/01/2016
Just another Freemium scam. Luckily, I bought every single Part and Shout available in the game with only Gearbits.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:26:31 25/01/2016 by TheShadowDragon
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#9 Posted: 18:15:09 25/01/2016
It would be eviscerated by reviewers for microtransactions on top of all the figure purchases. Don't deny it. It might not directly affect the final score, but it is called out every time they do it, particularly on a non-freemium game. Metal Gear 5, Mortal Kombat, Call of Duty, etc. all get called out on it to varying degrees.

It is actually quite clever of them (short term) to do this now. Trying to buff up some revenue (which is obviously already flagging given the need for all the huge sales and Starter pack price cuts), but do it after the initial review period so it doesn't show up in reviews for people looking to buy the game. Long term it will hurt them though, especially if it is in the next game on day 1. Not having enough to spend money on is not an issue for Skylanders. People feeling like there is too much money required is a problem.

My perspective is they already hit us up enough with the figures, this is just greedy. Add something that is very grindy, then add a paid option. Someone at Activision is getting scared their cash cow is starting to show signs of losing market share.
#10 Posted: 21:01:41 25/01/2016
It would not. No one's detracting points from the iOS version for having them on the Instants, no one's going to give a shred of attention to a dumb gearbit conversion.
---
StrikerEZ Red Sparx Gems: 37
#11 Posted: 05:14:09 26/01/2016
Wait...really? Is it an app-version thing? Cause I haven't seen that before.
#12 Posted: 10:52:59 26/01/2016 | Topic Creator
^ No it is not only a iOS thing because I found it on my PS4.
---
#13 Posted: 18:19:10 26/01/2016 | Topic Creator
^ Oh right, my apologies.
---
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#14 Posted: 18:24:45 26/01/2016
This whole thing is tied to the server, it only works while the server is up and running. You have no possible way to mod when the server is not up or if you play offline.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
Nelomet Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#15 Posted: 05:06:00 28/01/2016
Sneaky! I thought it was strange you needed to be online for those mods.

Honestly I hope Superchargers is the last Skylanders game, cause this is NOT a good sign.
---
Fear not the dark, my friend, and let the feast begin.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#16 Posted: 05:16:52 28/01/2016
Quote: Nelomet

Honestly I hope Superchargers is the last Skylanders game, cause this is NOT a good sign.

More installments were already confirmed a while ago. Too late for that.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#17 Posted: 06:06:13 28/01/2016

So, when the servers go, so do these features?

How do you initiate a purchase btw? Haven't toyed with it. It's all I can do to register skylanders and then tuck them away at this point.
Nelomet Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#18 Posted: 09:13:28 28/01/2016
Quote: Aura24

Hum, well if I'm going to be honest, the "Instant" variants could make this sort of thing useful for people who have a hard time finding certain figures. Guess we'll see.
---
Fear not the dark, my friend, and let the feast begin.
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#19 Posted: 13:09:25 28/01/2016
Quote: Aura24

Hum, well if I'm going to be honest, the "Instant" variants could make this sort of thing useful for people who have a hard time finding certain figures. Guess we'll see.

Only if the Instant e-variants carry over to other games though!!
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#20 Posted: 00:06:23 29/01/2016
My Wii U version doesn't have this update yet, but I feel that it might someday, and I don't really necessarily want it since I've got all the Parts and Shouts.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me