Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
A Shelves Announcement [CLOSED]
uttster13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2701
#1 Posted: 02:43:53 24/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Written on 1/18/16

Hi. Hey. Hello. Top o’ the morning.
I’m Luke.
Years ago, I started something on this very site.
A story, called Shelves.
And I have to say, I made a terrible mistake…
…I stopped writing.
I loved writing, so very much, and sometimes I wonder why I resigned.
But then I remember why.
I was embarrassed.
I, a thirteen (and later on, fourteen) year old boy, was writing a story based on a game for kids.
I remember hiding my obsession for Skylanders from people, and it made me feel so small and insecure when they found out about it. (I was embarrassed even though people didn’t care.)
So I stopped writing my story, my tales, my saga.
I stopped writing; I stopped my passion.
And it is one of my biggest regrets. Ever.

I have a story to tell.
And I think it’s time to tell it.

With all seriousness aside, let’s answer some (probably) burning questions!

Question: WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING LEAVING US AND SAYING YOU WERE COMING BACK TO VISIT BUT YOU NEVER DID YOU DIRTY ASSHAT?!?!?!
Answer: A recent bout of mixed emotions, struggles, real-life events, along with a lack of passion caused me to leave, and not return. It’s been a long ride, but I think I’ve finally found myself out there in the *gasp* outside world.
Question: YOU ARE STILL AN ASSHAT
Answer: That’s not a question.
Question: What can we expect from you and the story?
Answer: You can expect a whole new slate of characters and a retelling and rebooting of Shelves, without the base characters of Skylanders. It gives me more freedom and wiggle room to work with, as characters are no longer based on other property.
Question: What happens to the old characters?
Answer: Some will be merged, some will be scrapped, and some will be transformed to make new, immersive characters. I really hope to make a better story, and pay attention to the plot this time. I never realized how much I contradicted myself plot-wise until I stopped writing the story. I have new ideas, and if I mix them with old ideas, I can make one hell of a story for you guys.
Question: What if no one reads this, and it’s just you, talking to yourself?
Answer: I make myself laugh more than anyone, so talking to myself would be fine. But to answer your question, if there’s no one reading it, I don’t know if I’ll keep it going. It’s not fun when there isn’t an audience.
Question: Where will Shelves be posted?
Answer: Honestly, I don’t know. I would like to keep it on darkSpyro, but if it has to move, it will. I can always find another site, or do like a super-cool/super-old email-blog-thingy. As long as I can have fans, and they have a place to read the story, the story will continue.
Question: Is this Shelves going to be rated PG, like parts of the old one? (There were some dark moments…)
Answer: It’s funny you ask, actually. It won’t be as kid-friendly as it was before. It won’t be completely vulgar and disgusting, but it surely won’t shy away from light swearing (no f-bombs, b-words or racist slang) and may or may not allude to some adult-ish jokes. I’ve matured and grown a little, and I feel like the story should be able to hold a little bit of maturity, too.
Question: When can we expect the first chapter?
Answer: Soon. Hopefully. Hopefully soon. I want to get the ball rolling fast, ASAP.

If you have any other questions, just feel free to put them here. I’ll read through and hopefully answer. If I can get some attention for the new project, then I’ll surely write it fast. Thanks for your prized attention! It means a lot. Hopefully we can get Shelves put out there, once more.
- Luke

UPDATE: I just wrote Chapter One, and it was actually really fun and kind of nostalgic to write Shelves again. It was awesome to be back in the writing room (my bedroom) and sitting in the cockpit of creativity (my lousy $4 chair) to retell my favorite thing I’ve ever written.
-1/23/16

-------------------------------------

I know this isn't about a FanFic, and I know it's not anything Skylanders related, but this was where I posted everything else, and I decided to post it here. Plus, it doesn't look like there's much activity here, so I don't see any harm.
---
A story.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:43:42 31/01/2016 by uttster13
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2 Posted: 03:33:37 24/01/2016
welcome back my boy.
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#3 Posted: 19:19:04 24/01/2016
We missed you. smilie Welcome back.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
Medicus Gold Sparx Gems: 2405
#4 Posted: 19:30:52 24/01/2016
Welcome back Dude. I look forward to reading the new Shelves!
---
Hello There, Old Friends!
#5 Posted: 20:15:00 24/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Hey guys, glad to be back. smilie

Would people read a Shelves without Skylanders? Just want to know before I get too far ahead of myself.
---
A story.
#6 Posted: 20:49:53 24/01/2016
Quote: uttster13

Would people read a Shelves without Skylanders? Just want to know before I get too far ahead of myself.

Gladly. smilie
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
Medicus Gold Sparx Gems: 2405
#7 Posted: 21:16:31 24/01/2016
Quote: uttster13

I will but you nee to be really descriptive of what characters look like....
---
Hello There, Old Friends!
#8 Posted: 22:28:52 24/01/2016
If you're making up original characters, I could gladly draw them for you so people can have visuals.
---
#9 Posted: 16:33:40 25/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Once I make a topic (It'll be in the Non-Spyro section) I'll have a character list, which I'll update after each character is introduced. You'll meet three in Chapter One, and then you'll meet one new character each in Two and Three.
---
A story.
#10 Posted: 21:00:55 25/01/2016
Nice.
---
#11 Posted: 21:47:07 27/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Hey guys, I have decided to post the topic along with the first chapter on Friday, which will be my four year anniversary on dS. I know it's super difficult, but if you guys know any ways, could you possibly spread the word around? It's not easy to really advertise stuff on the site, but if you know any new people who you think might like it, then please, let them know. It would mean a lot to me. Thanks!
---
A story.
#12 Posted: 21:51:15 27/01/2016
That'll be my 4 years anniversary as well.

I'll try to spread the word. smilie
---
#13 Posted: 20:53:27 29/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Hey guys, just posted the first chapter of the new Shelves, in the Non-Spyro section. Please read, comment, subscribe and maybe even spread the word? It means a lot for you guys to see it, I'm happy it's back. Thanks!
---
A story.
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#14 Posted: 13:30:12 02/02/2016
Yeah! Welcome back!
#15 Posted: 20:51:06 02/02/2016 | Topic Creator
Second chapter is up!
---
A story.
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3544
#16 Posted: 01:27:06 25/02/2016
Hey, I REMEMBER UUUUUU!
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me