Page 1 of 1
SuperChargers Racing Wii Info [CLOSED]
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3389
#1 Posted: 11:57:48 20/01/2016 | Topic Creator
I was wondering if anyone bought the Wii or 3DS versions of this game. Can you please let me know what is different between this game and the main game?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#2 Posted: 12:08:48 20/01/2016
Well, I don't own those versions so I can't get that much in details but basically Racing is just... racing.
No platforming, no hack-and-slash, no battles or characters interactions whatsoever.

Just a lot of tracks, some boss battles (while driving) and a different plot.
Characters are barely influent; SuperChargers should unlock special mods and all the other Skylanders should impact the vehicle's health, I think.

Imagine taking away the racing portion from the main version of SuperChargers and you should get an idea.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:10:16 20/01/2016 by Drek95
BOOMCAKE Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#3 Posted: 13:00:55 20/01/2016
Quote: SkylandrPurists
Can you please let me know what is different between this game and the main game?

-It's a racing game similar like Sega All Star Transformed with Mission Selection and on Rail Shooting Missions.
-Land vehicles can Jump, sky vehicles can boost (straight only) and sea vehicles do jump trick to gain boost while on the HD version they can't.
-No Secondary Attacks in the Wii/3DS version.
-While the HD platforms/3DS has online multiplayer, the Wii hasn't.
-You can use motion control and pointer controls unlike in the HD version.
-Double more tracks than the HD versions. 15 tracks on Wii/3DS vs 6 tracks HD version.(Sky/Sea/Land trophies tracks not included)
-You can level your vehicle for more stats.
-SuperChargers Skylanders give extra stats to every vehicles example: You can stack a high topspeed stat character with a high topSpeed stat Vehicles while on the HD version only healthpoints creates a differences.
-No armor
-You can't customize individual Vehicles Parts in the Wii/3DS version only sets.
-No free room tracks or hub world in the Wii/3DS
-In HD version Half of CPU Racers are generic mabu racers with their own barrel generic vehicles own every difficulty while on the 3DS/Wii version all CPU racers are Superchargers Skylanders in various superchargers vehicles depend on the difficulty.
-If you don't own a Land or Sea Vehicles you can use a instant mabu sea or land vehicle in the 3DS/Wii version.
-Plots it's about racing.
Damned, Flynn!

So if you want the better Racing part then I suggest to get the Wii or 3DS version, the HD version plays and look like a afterthought.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:20:17 20/01/2016 by BOOMCAKE
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#4 Posted: 13:08:25 20/01/2016
You mean plot about racing AND giving people more reasons to dislike Flynn.

There are also a few different villain racers in their packs, and possibly tracks? Can't remember.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#5 Posted: 13:49:01 20/01/2016
Now that you mention more tracks, I wonder if the console versions will include those racing tracks as DLC.
#6 Posted: 14:01:13 20/01/2016
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
Now that you mention more tracks, I wonder if the console versions will include those racing tracks as DLC.

While it'd be nice,they're not desgined for the slower,heavier gameplay on console. You see all sorts of crazy stunts and turns on Racing that would just mean kissing the wall in the full game.
---
#7 Posted: 14:28:25 20/01/2016
That's unfortunate that the racing style is completely different between the two iterations (SuperChargers vs SuperChargers Racing). I didn't realize that.
#8 Posted: 14:44:55 20/01/2016
It's not completely different,but enough that the tracks would have to be tweaked beyond just porting the models. They're not as wide too, meaning less space to turn already.
---
#9 Posted: 17:44:37 20/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Do you guys know all the tracks on these versions? Are they the same as the other systems?
---
smiliesmilie
#10 Posted: 19:36:42 20/01/2016
Do you guys know all the tracks on these versions? Are they the same as the other systems?

I don't know all the tracks right now but...

The HD consoles tracks and 3DS/WII tracks are total different, not the same.

The tracks of 3DS/WII version are based of the older stages from the older skylander games with some original tracks and are bit shorter. And the tracks from the HD consoles are based of Stages of the actual SuperCharger game like mystical vaults and are longer to complete. About the trophy tracks I know nothing.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:39:45 21/01/2016 by BOOMCAKE
#11 Posted: 22:07:07 20/01/2016 | Topic Creator
I know about the HD systems (that's the Wii U and stuff, right?)
---
smiliesmilie
GamerZack7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1709
#12 Posted: 22:26:59 20/01/2016
Allow me to provide details on the Trophy unlocks. All of the base tracks in the Wii/3DS version are completely different to the ones in the main console version, whereas the Trophy unlocks are different versions of the ones in the main game (same name, different layout and/or features). There is one switch-around, however: Tropic Plunder is part of the base game in the Wii version, and is replaced by Risky Rapids in the Sea Trophy.

The lineup of unlockable Villains in the Wii/3DS version is a bit different to the main game as well: Stratosfear, Dragon Hunter and Spellslamzer are out, replaced by exclusive Villains Pain-Yatta, Dr. Krankcase smilie and The Gulper smilie for sky, land and sea races, respectively. As you can see, every track in the Wii/3DS version is different, and it even has a few exclusive Villains as well.

In my honest opinion, the Wii/3DS version is the definitive racing experience for Skylanders fans. smilie
---
MY SUPERCHARGER SKYLANDERS
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
#13 Posted: 14:31:58 21/01/2016

Yes, with HD systems I mean PS4,PS3,WiiU,Xbox360,XboxOne and even the platform which runs the IOs operation system.

So here is the list of the Tracks in the Wii/3DS version without the Trophy tracks.

Land tracks
Chompy Mountain
Trollympic Village
Temple of Boom
Pandercastle Raceway
Grill-X's Big BBQ

Sky tracks
Pandercastle Skyride
Robomill Forest
Frosty Volcano
Cactus Canyon
Arkeyan Forge

Sea tracks
Tropic Plunder
Gooey Goo Works
Octoasis
Middle Of Snowhere
Pandercastle Waterpark

Quote: GamerZack7
Allow me to provide details on the Trophy unlocks...

Thanks, I am thinking about getting the trophies only for the racing game. And does the trophies adds anything much more challenging?
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 14:58:24 21/01/2016 by BOOMCAKE
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#14 Posted: 14:42:13 21/01/2016
Wow, I didn't realize that the Wii/3DS version was that different from the HD racing; I thought they would have just ported it over and called it a day. Now I kind of want to play it. I'll probably have to pick it up at some point.
---
Purple dragon.
#15 Posted: 15:06:40 21/01/2016
Trophies unlike in console add an entire new Cup, so yeah they're totally worth it for Racing.Also, the AI isn't stupid as a brick like in Supervillain Cup.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:07:31 21/01/2016 by Bifrost
#16 Posted: 16:54:07 21/01/2016
Yeah, and since the Wii U plays Wii games, it seems like a decent experience

How are the graphics though? Is the 3ds version better?
#17 Posted: 17:17:12 21/01/2016
Quote: BOOMCAKE
Thanks, I am thinking about getting the trophies only for the racing game. And does the trophies adds anything much more challenging?

They do, actually. The Trophies unlock mirror versions of every default track, which feature Villains - and Greebles - as CPU opponents. smilie

Quote: Hexin_Wishes
Yeah, and since the Wii U plays Wii games, it seems like a decent experience

How are the graphics though? Is the 3ds version better?

Honestly, I find the visuals in the Wii version to be a bit better than the 3DS version. The graphics are noticeably more polished, plus there are additional background textures in certain locations which don't display on the 3DS. One need only compare the stock screenshots of Chompy Mountain to see that the Wii version has a cliff face in the distance which is absent in the 3DS version. I guess the Chompies must have eaten it. smilie
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
#18 Posted: 18:22:07 21/01/2016 | Topic Creator

Yes, with HD systems I mean PS4,PS3,WiiU,Xbox360,XboxOne and even the platform which runs the IOs operation system.

So here is the list of the Tracks in the Wii/3DS version without the Trophy tracks.

Land tracks
Chompy Mountain
Trollympic Village
Temple of Boom
Pandercastle Raceway
Grill-X's Big BBQ

Sky tracks
Pandercastle Skyride
Robomill Forest
Frosty Volcano
Cactus Canyon
Arkeyan Forge

Sea tracks
Tropic Plunder
Gooey Goo Works
Octoasis
Middle Of Snowhere
Pandercastle Waterpark

Allow me to provide details on the Trophy unlocks...

I wonder how you get the villains?
---
smiliesmilie
#19 Posted: 18:29:23 21/01/2016
I think I said it SEVERAL times on this topic, and not just me.
---
#20 Posted: 22:17:09 21/01/2016

As you progress through each of the Supervillain Tours (the ones unlocked with the Trophies), you are able to find each Villain inside a chest. Then simply place the corresponding Trophy onto your portal, and -- BOOM! That Villain is now available for use any time. smilie
---
*Currently absent*
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:18:03 21/01/2016 by GamerZack7
#21 Posted: 22:25:51 21/01/2016
Isn't there also the accompanying race against them? The only footage of the Villain Tours on YT was really glitchy and in the wrong order so I couldn't tell.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:26:02 21/01/2016 by Bifrost
#22 Posted: 22:35:25 21/01/2016 | Topic Creator

As you progress through each of the Supervillain Tours (the ones unlocked with the Trophies), you are able to find each Villain inside a chest. Then simply place the corresponding Trophy onto your portal, and -- BOOM! That Villain is now available for use any time. smilie

Is this list correct
SEA
Golden Queen
Captain Frightbeard
Mesmerelda
Gulper

SKY
Wolfgang
Cluck
Chef Pepper Jack
Painyatta

LAND
Count Moneybone
Glumshanks
Chompy Mage
Dr. Krankcase
---
smiliesmilie
#23 Posted: 13:17:53 22/01/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Isn't there also the accompanying race against them? The only footage of the Villain Tours on YT was really glitchy and in the wrong order so I couldn't tell.

There are only three Boss races which each unlock that Trophy's signature Villain: smilie in the Nefarious Tour, smilie in the Wicked Tour and Count Moneybone in the Malevolent Tour. The others are unlocked via treasure chests on the map screen as you complete other challenges. smilie

Is this list correct
SEA
Golden Queen
Captain Frightbeard
Mesmerelda
Gulper

SKY
Wolfgang
Cluck
Chef Pepper Jack
Painyatta

LAND
Count Moneybone
Glumshanks
Chompy Mage
Dr. Krankcase

Yep, that list is spot-on. smilie
---
*Currently absent*
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:19:16 22/01/2016 by GamerZack7
#24 Posted: 16:23:42 22/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Is smilie still playable?
---
smiliesmilie
#25 Posted: 16:46:38 22/01/2016

Yes, why was the kaos trophy included in the dark edition of the Wii game.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:48:30 22/01/2016 by BOOMCAKE
#26 Posted: 21:34:31 22/01/2016

Yes, why was the kaos trophy included in the dark edition of the Wii game.

Not to worry, smilie and the Doom Jet are most definitely playable in the Wii (and 3DS) versions of the game! smilie
---
*Currently absent*
#27 Posted: 22:44:20 22/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Okay! Thank you for the information! smilie
---
smiliesmilie
#28 Posted: 00:46:47 23/01/2016
No problem at all. smilie
---
*Currently absent*
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me