darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > For those complaining about the Skymiibo dual packs
Page 1 of 1
For those complaining about the Skymiibo dual packs
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#1 Posted: 20:05:46 10/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Just think of the Amiibo hunters, now they don't have to spend a large amount of money just to receive 1 (or 2 if they buy the 3DS version as well) amiibo(s) and a game they don't want!!
Yes Nintendo should have confirmed it a long time ago, but at least now amiibo hunters don't have to spend a decent amount for it or go to Amazon/Ebay for an used one.

(Now the real problem is the amiibo scalpers, now they can easily obtain skymiibos for profit)
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#2 Posted: 20:27:39 10/01/2016
The entire point of guest stars was to get people to buy a game they don't want,putting it bluntly.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:27:50 10/01/2016 by Bifrost
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#3 Posted: 20:48:42 10/01/2016
Quote: Bifrost
The entire point of guest stars was to get people to buy a game they don't want,putting it bluntly.

I have to agree. This is strange because that was the point of the crossover. Trying to entice people who are already interested in figures into the franchise. I'm not complaining, because this is kind of consumer friendly (minus the part where they didn't tell people back when it would have been useful information).
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#4 Posted: 21:31:53 10/01/2016
I don't think there's anything wrong with the Nintendo packs iether ( except having console specific characters in the skylanders section ) .

Now that downloading a digital version of the game is pretty common, it makes sense for them to release all starter pack characters as singles eventually.

A lot of collectors have wanted this for ages anyway so they could have single packs of all the characters .

I actually don't understand why amiibo collectors want these anyway. They arnt even technically amiibo , they can just function as 1 , and there's already real bowser and dk amiibo anyway.

Let's face it, if amiibo collectors bought several different starter packs to get these, it's their own fault for being a little obsessed and not patient enough to wait till they're on sale or sold separately anyway.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#5 Posted: 21:58:00 10/01/2016
Well, Amiibo hunters also got 8-bit Mario in two colors and a big Yarn Yoshi that functioned exactly the same as a small Yarn Yoshi. The thing is Amiibo hunters aren't all about game functionality of the figures. Skylander hunters fuss over whether things are in game or not.
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#6 Posted: 22:13:44 10/01/2016
On my note, these don't even affect the people who bought all the different starters, and those people are probably NIB collectors, in which case they just want these packs as well. It allows OOB collectors to get them reasonably.

Quote: Windumup

(Now the real problem is the amiibo scalpers, now they can easily obtain skymiibos for profit)

Not a problem with them both being starter characters and widely available separately.

Quote: defpally
The thing is Amiibo hunters aren't all about game functionality of the figures.

Very correct.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#7 Posted: 04:39:09 11/01/2016
It's all about MONEY. Activision maximized their profits on the sales of Nintendo starter packs for a few months, maybe even getting some Amiibo collectors to start playing Skylanders in the process. Now, with the lull in starter pack sales, they released these to profit off the NIB Amiibo collectors and the few people who wanted these without buying multiple starter packs.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it in this thread, but Activision's profit basically doubles with these combo packs...Amiibo collectors who purchase these are forced to pay extra for that non-Amiibo vehicle that they don't want. Why charge $13 for a Bowser or Donkey Kong single when you can charge $25 for a combo pack? It's marketing genius! Activision gets away with pawning off 2 figures on people instead of one...it probably only costs them $2-3 max for their factories in China to make these 2 combo pack figures.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#8 Posted: 12:36:20 11/01/2016
The thing is, that's super small term profit. It's not evem that outsiders won't get interested, this increase in sales will stop long before the Sky6 reveal. At the most it'll make VV better in Acti's eyes for something they didn't do(now that we know they outsource packaging and illustrations)
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:36:45 11/01/2016 by Bifrost
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#9 Posted: 14:24:18 11/01/2016
Quote: Windumup

But if they are easy to find, then there won't be scalpers going after them... Unless they are petty stupid.
---
Dead
LordElohim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#10 Posted: 01:52:21 13/01/2016
I still think it was a bad idea. I have seen them in a store twice now since they released, and on one of those occasions, a father was returning the pack with his son, as they bought it without realizing it was Nintendo systems only. I pointed to the text on the box, and he said "oh, we don't read the box, we just figure everything will work." That is exactly the mentality Skylanders fans have learned over the years, and keeping the Nintendo only characters in starter packs would have mostly preserved that. These is going to cause a lot of confusion, and sour a lot of people.
---
Hail Sithis
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#11 Posted: 02:31:45 13/01/2016
I don't see it as the company's fault for customers not wanting to read and inform themselves especially when it's blatantly on the packaging. But it seems Americans as a general don't like reading let alone hyperactive kids and parents that just want to plug them in.
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#12 Posted: 02:49:29 13/01/2016
Quote: LordElohim
I still think it was a bad idea. I have seen them in a store twice now since they released, and on one of those occasions, a father was returning the pack with his son, as they bought it without realizing it was Nintendo systems only. I pointed to the text on the box, and he said "oh, we don't read the box, we just figure everything will work." That is exactly the mentality Skylanders fans have learned over the years, and keeping the Nintendo only characters in starter packs would have mostly preserved that. These is going to cause a lot of confusion, and sour a lot of people.

I think everyone generally aggrees with this.

the warning on the packaging is pitiful . It doesn't stand out at all and it should be bigger. It's also pretty well know that the dual language warning they used on them also encourages people to not read it coz people naturally scan over other languages at a glance.

The warning back on Giants figures that wouldn't work in SA Was pretty obvious with big crosses or ticks over what would work in what game .

these products should have the same warning.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:54:50 13/01/2016 by B-BOB358
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me