Page 1 of 1
Loading issues on Wii U [CLOSED]
Operationgamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1289
#1 Posted: 18:55:59 07/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Have the game on Wii U and I beat it this morning. Pretty good game, but there's one thing about it that drove me a little nuts: the Loading. The problem is this: I start the game, and it takes about 20 SECONDS to load my save data. Also, you know how whenever you press any button during a cutscene or dialogue, it says "Press X to Skip"? Well, guess what? Sometimes, it says "Loading" instead. That's right. The ability to skip cutscenes and dialogue sometimes has to load. Rediculous. I don't know what it is with Skylanders and issues on Nintendo systems lately. First, the Wii version of Swap Force has meh graphics and more load screens than the other versions. Then, Trap Team on the Wii has a game-breaking bug that can freeze the game. And now this. What's next? The Wii U version of the next game is a rushed port complete with major graphical downgrades, screentearing, massive frame rate drops, and game-breaking bugs that can make you have to restart the game from scratch?
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 19:12:12 07/01/2016
Yes,both those things are known. VV games have had the unskippable or unskippable-until-a-moment cutscenes, and the loading seems to be a bit much since day one. However, there's no ingame lag, so even if the wrong way it's doing its job.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:13:06 07/01/2016 by Bifrost
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#3 Posted: 19:16:03 07/01/2016
The loading screens on Vicarious Visions' Skylanders games are the cutscenes so the loading times are intentional and not an issue.

As for loading the save data, it might depend on how long you were playing the game.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#4 Posted: 19:18:30 07/01/2016
I can only hope that the next update patch will fix that. I enjoy watching cutscenes, especially with Tessa in them, but there are limits. Loading screens shouldn't take too long.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#5 Posted: 19:20:14 07/01/2016
It works like this on other platforms too, the loading is done during cutscenes, that's why you can't skip immediately.
---
bye
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#6 Posted: 23:38:13 07/01/2016
The loading thing isn't a bug, that's how it works on other systems too. It was like this in Swap Force (not the Wii version) as well. While the cutscene is playing, it's loading the next part of the game, which is why you can't skip until it lets you.

Also, if you have your data saved onto an external hard drive, then it might take longer to load. Mine took about the same time, I think.
---
Purple dragon.
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#7 Posted: 18:29:02 08/01/2016
Wow! 20 seconds? Lucky! Mine takes 40-45. Makes money/gearbit grinding tedious (thanks VV (don't get me wrong I love the vehicle customization things)).
---
Soon.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me