Forum

Skylanders: Battlecast

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
hour + gameplay of battlecast
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1 Posted: 15:03:50 07/01/2016 | Topic Creator

looks good fam
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#2 Posted: 15:53:32 07/01/2016
The gameplay reminds me of Rotation Battles in pokémon,except the crystal mechanic.Seems fun, I just hope it doesn't lag to the ends of earth.

There's also a glimpse showing the levels and villains correspond to elements. And they're all Realms like the Dark and Light ones, would that mean the Second Dimension is their actual location?
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:55:28 07/01/2016 by Bifrost
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#3 Posted: 20:53:17 07/01/2016
Where is Light and Dark, and are there seriously only 3 cards per element.?
#4 Posted: 21:00:55 07/01/2016
Yes. It's because there are at least 4 spells per character,plus their signature attack,and some even have their own Gear. It could easily break 600 cards if they actually got everyone, but there's plenty of space for expansions if Battlegrounds and Lost Islands could fit models from several games.

edit: Definately four, saw someone with 3 Food Fight spells plus one I saw in someone else's booster pack.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:01:03 08/01/2016 by Bifrost
Drache Kaiser Emerald Sparx Gems: 3136
#5 Posted: 11:06:00 08/01/2016
Gameplay seems pretty solid, can't wait for this to fully release, price of packs be darned.
#6 Posted: 21:20:31 08/01/2016
Just so there aren't multiple topics about it, Jojopetv who does Skylanders coverage had a livestream and a short video on it. One thing I noticed is that one of Pop Fizz' spells is to summon a character card, and he can still use Northen Lights and anything else for it in the same turn. Couldn't resist.

On other stuff, really not digging that several highly damaging moves can stack. Warly Birds and Anvillanche in the same deck are 120 damage to everyone between two turns; Jawbreaker can use Overclock combined with Eon's Might in the same turn for 150 damage, not going into the fact that being a signature ability he can do that much destruction every turn while others do like 10 damage if they're lucky. The game is mostly balanced,but if that's an example of Epic characters which aren't even at the Ultimate part yet, I'm starting to have my doubts.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:17:53 08/01/2016 by Bifrost
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#7 Posted: 22:15:07 09/01/2016
This game looks pretty decent. The graphics really help make it interesting in comparison to other online card games.

I can't wait to make decks for my favourite skylanders teams. Whatever they are... I guess I have to decide now lol.

The gradual build up if the game seems really good , doesn't last too long but isn't too slow to get things going.

I love tha they're using the SA music, I always liked it .

And I also like that this game seems to bring back the portal master concept . Superchargers seemed to ignore it a bit.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#8 Posted: 04:10:43 10/01/2016
I noticed that Spyro's voice sounded a little different in this game. I wouldnt be surprised if he's voiced by his TV series VA in this.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#9 Posted: 11:56:38 10/01/2016
Yeah I noticed the same.
I also noticed they had a lot of new things for each character to say so I wouldn't be surprised if they employed a whole new team of voice actors for this, as i assume it's cheaper then trying to get all the old voice actors back after 5 years.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
#10 Posted: 12:32:11 10/01/2016
I mentioned that in the news topic. Stealth Elf, Spitfire and Stormblade seem to be the only ones who have all lines exactly as you'd expect(haven't seen someone roll a Smash Hit), Jawbreaker gets away because of his voice filter, and Spyro and Hex might've changed voice actors entirely for some lines because they don't sound even remotely similar - Spyro sounds a lot more high pitched and Hex sometimes sounds like a young woman instead of the stern tired voice from before.
---
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#11 Posted: 16:35:14 14/01/2016
Seems like a pricey set to get, but time will tell. I think it looks cool.

24 skylanders, 3 of each element and 3 different rarities.

Battle Packs will have 3 guaranteed common ones (you can tell which from the box) and then 8 card booster packs

Looks like each skylander will have 4 specific cards so that is around 96 cards
then there are around 12 spells, relics, or gears of each element so that is about 96 cards
and then the rest will be generic spells, relics or gears.

The game will have villains and their own special cards which probably won't be in the set.

Looking forward to it, but my wallet is not.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me