Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Patina NIGHTFALL?! [CLOSED]
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5324
#1 Posted: 01:45:56 04/01/2016 | Topic Creator
I was on reddit, and found this https://www.reddit.com/r/skyla...nd_in_the_wild/
[User Posted Image].
When asked for proof, this was posted
[User Posted Image]
So I guess there's another one to keep your eye out for.
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#2 Posted: 01:46:49 04/01/2016
Might just be the lighting, but it looks way to shiny. Much shinier than my patina High Volt.

Plus, Nightfall has been out for weeks, normally we hear about these kinds of guys a few days after their release, and in some cases even before. I find it a little odd that only now, after about three weeks, we finally see just one.
---
Dead
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:49:27 04/01/2016 by mega spyro
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#3 Posted: 01:49:01 04/01/2016
Everyone needs a variant, EVERYONE!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#4 Posted: 01:53:21 04/01/2016
So the only SuperChargers without an in-game or chase variant are Terrafin and Gill Grunt, right?
Wow. Just... Wow.

I'm sure they won't leave them without variants.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#5 Posted: 01:56:59 04/01/2016
Quote: Drek95
So the only SuperChargers without an in-game or chase variant are Terrafin and Gill Grunt, right?
Wow. Just... Wow.

I'm not to sure this is a real variant though. It almost looks like it was done in ign gloss paint, where as the chase High Volt I found is no where near that shiny.
---
Dead
Reverse0456 Gold Sparx Gems: 2440
#6 Posted: 01:58:57 04/01/2016
Better look out for a another sea shadow there's a good chance a Patina version for that to.
---
POPSMARTS!
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#7 Posted: 01:59:17 04/01/2016
WAT!!
#8 Posted: 02:03:57 04/01/2016
Quote: mega spyro
Wow. Just... Wow.

I'm not to sure this is a real variant though. It almost looks like it was done in ign gloss paint, where as the chase High Volt I found is no where near that shiny.

I'd think the same but that screen's pic seems rather legit.
We'll see.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Akseyomiht Yellow Sparx Gems: 1494
#9 Posted: 02:04:15 04/01/2016
Nigth Fall solid
From spanish game webpage
https://www.game.es/figuras/sk...ll-solid/120163

Dun dun dun
#10 Posted: 02:07:48 04/01/2016
Wow. Just... Wow.

We'll see.

But I'm pretty sure any Skylander can (relatively) easily have the special tag hacked onto them.
---
Dead
SilverWolf2308 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1148
#11 Posted: 02:13:45 04/01/2016
Might just be the lighting, but it looks way to shiny. Much shinier than my patina High Volt.

Plus, Nightfall has been out for weeks, normally we hear about these kinds of guys a few days after their release, and in some cases even before. I find it a little odd that only now, after about three weeks, we finally see just one.

Doesn't matter if it's been out for weeks, The Patina Burn-Cycle came out weeks after Burn-Cycle was released.
---
Instagram: SilverWolf2308 https://instagram.com/silverwolf2308
YouTube: SilverWolf2308 https://www.youtube.com/user/SilverWolf2308
#12 Posted: 02:15:41 04/01/2016
Quote: Akseyomiht
Nigth Fall solid
From spanish game webpage
https://www.game.es/figuras/sk...ll-solid/120163

Dun dun dun

metal gear solid nightfall confirmed!?!?!?
#13 Posted: 02:24:16 04/01/2016

We'll see.

But I'm pretty sure any Skylander can (relatively) easily have the special tag hacked onto them.

That's true as well.
Good Eon, it's truly difficult to tell when something is true or not these days. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#14 Posted: 02:25:39 04/01/2016
Quote: SilverWolf2308

Doesn't matter if it's been out for weeks, The Patina Burn-Cycle came out weeks after Burn-Cycle was released.

Yeah, but there has only (as far as I know) been one found, and it was put on eBay. I think it's highly unlikely that burn-cycle is legit.
---
Dead
#15 Posted: 02:29:10 04/01/2016

Yeah, but there has only (as far as I know) been one found, and it was put on eBay. I think it's highly unlikely that burn-cycle is legit.

They had a few pictures of it and I had a look at them closely and it didn't look like the box had been opened or even re-glued. Though I do believe the person who listed worked in retail so must've seen it in the box and bought it, rather than putting it on the shelf.
---
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#16 Posted: 02:35:22 04/01/2016

No one has offered the patina burn cycle but this seller. The other have had dozens of each on eBay. Calling BS on the Burn Cycle...let's just say someone got burned. And this one is deemed a fake until a dozen or so from various sellers appear, screenshot or not.

Activision has totally flipped their lid with variants this go round.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:36:18 04/01/2016 by TakeYourLemons
#17 Posted: 02:39:17 04/01/2016
Quote: TakeYourLemons

No one has offered the patina burn cycle but this seller. The other have had dozens of each on eBay. Calling BS on the Burn Cycle...let's just say someone got burned. And this one is deemed a fake until a dozen or so from various sellers appear, screenshot or not.

You do realise they could be releasing one variant to give us all hell. Acitivision is releasing Nintendo Combo Packs a Kaos Trophy Pack, they want to mess with us. Also had someone say their friend bought one of the burn-cycles and it's legit.
---
#18 Posted: 02:41:46 04/01/2016

You do realise they could be releasing one variant to give us all hell. Acitivision is releasing Nintendo Combo Packs a Kaos Trophy Pack, they want to mess with us. Also had someone say their friend bought one of the burn-cycles and it's legit.

with the possibility of the darks getting singles...

[User Posted Image]
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#19 Posted: 02:44:03 04/01/2016
I prefer the original Nightfall over her Patina variant.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#20 Posted: 02:46:27 04/01/2016
Fake.
---
bye
#21 Posted: 02:48:04 04/01/2016

Sadly, they think they're going to increase hype with hyper low quantity variants? Doubt it. Until Activision confirms each of these, I'll be doubtful. Also, someone may have figured out how to burn chips with the special tag...I would believe anything at this point except it being real until confirmed.
#22 Posted: 02:48:36 04/01/2016
Quote: newkill
Fake.

proof?
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#23 Posted: 02:56:26 04/01/2016
Skylanders 6 is just going to be a game where you make your own variants.
Just like George Lucas Special Edition Simulator.

J-just make him red...
Give him a chase variant...
More variants... MORE VARIANTS...
It must be perfect! Never clean! NEVER CLEEAAAN!
THE PAST NEVER HAPPENED! I'M IN CONTROL OF MY LIFE!

My respect to anyone who gets the reference.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#24 Posted: 02:57:59 04/01/2016
Why not allow you to craft your own stories and levels? With Mario Maker being a hit, and Activision clearly up Nintendo's butt, it would make sense. And introduce a dozen new Skymibos. That I can't play on my Xbox.
#25 Posted: 02:58:04 04/01/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
Skylanders 6 is just going to be a game where you make your own variants.
Just like George Lucas Special Edition Simulator.

J-just make him red...
Give him a chase variant...
More variants... MORE VARIANTS...
It must be perfect! Never clean! NEVER CLEEAAAN!
THE PAST NEVER HAPPENED! I'M IN CONTROL OF MY LIFE!

My respect to anyone who gets the reference.

[User Posted Image]

-----
#26 Posted: 02:58:39 04/01/2016
Quote: ZapNorris

with the possibility of the darks getting singles...

[User Posted Image]

Agree anything can happen now with what Activision keeps throwing at us.
---
Starlight_Shine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1088
#27 Posted: 03:19:59 04/01/2016
Ugh... Another throw up variant?! They could have at least tried different metallics for each one, the colors are so ugly!
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#28 Posted: 03:39:02 04/01/2016
Guy with a reputation for posting correct information before is called a lair and proof is demanded of him.

Guy who *literally* created a Reddit account today and his very first post is finding a brand new version of a rare variant figure that shipped out in case packs of 12 across the country a month ago and no one has found before... and it's accepted as gospel.
#29 Posted: 03:59:05 04/01/2016
Quote: UncleBob
Guy with a reputation for posting correct information before is called a lair and proof is demanded of him.

Guy who *literally* created a Reddit account today and his very first post is finding a brand new version of a rare variant figure that shipped out in case packs of 12 across the country a month ago and no one has found before... and it's accepted as gospel.

Believe me, I hate to be that guy but... In this case we have pictures, proofs.
I assume you are talking about either the Dark Singles or the Skymiibo Combo Packs and in those cases proofs weren't immediately shown, and everyone immediately changed their minds when they finally had pictures.

I know how terrible it is but these days, especially on Internet, proofs of some kind are needed when it comes to leaks or news.
Do I have to remember the whole Wicked Thumpback case...?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#30 Posted: 04:02:09 04/01/2016
There were pics in the Wicked Thumpback case.

Pics can be faked, photoshopped, hacked, whatever.

It's foolish to accept random pics alone.

Reputation without pics means more than anonymity with pics.
#31 Posted: 04:07:54 04/01/2016
Quote: UncleBob
There were pics in the Wicked Thumpback case.

Pics can be faked, photoshopped, hacked, whatever.

It's foolish to accept random pics alone.

Reputation without pics means more than anonymity with pics.

That's also very true, and reminds me of what I wrote a couple posts above.
Guess there is never completely effective way to tell the fakes from what is legit but is indeed sad we always have to call "liar" each time news or leaks show up especially when they have already proven themselves to be reliable sources.

Human nature, I guess. :/
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#32 Posted: 04:35:28 04/01/2016
FYI, I didn't call anyone a liar, although proof is needed for expensive variants like this. For me proof is Activision confirming, ideally. Can't darkspyro or some of the uber guys here e-mail someone and confirm? The variants are definitely nutty this go round. Should've called it since it was "only" 20 figures. smilie
#33 Posted: 04:38:24 04/01/2016
FYI, I didn't call anyone a liar, although proof is needed for expensive variants like this. For me proof is Activision confirming, ideally. Can't darkspyro or some of the uber guys here e-mail someone and confirm? The variants are definitely nutty this go round. Should've called it since it was "only" 20 figures. smilie

Those "20" weren't including in-game or chase variants smilie
---
#34 Posted: 04:44:03 04/01/2016
I was saying it made sense they would go nuts in the Alt Decos and other variants. Frinzy is still clogging up my TRU...hope they get the message this isn't cutting it anymore.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#35 Posted: 04:45:01 04/01/2016
It seems quantity over quality is their motto this year.
"Boss, I think we have enough variants, they're outnumbering the actual advertised Superchargers this year, we said there'd only be 20-"
"NONSENSE JOHN! We need MORE... quick, help me glue a clown nose and a... um... aha, a pirate hat to Spitfire! Oh, and make a patina Hot Streak! We'll show them 'only 20 figures'... "
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:46:49 04/01/2016 by TrapShadowFan
#36 Posted: 04:58:03 04/01/2016
Right, same with all of this skimibo exclusivity stuff. I think they hired a new marketing guy...all I have to say is, it feels like someone has to be REALLY bad at their job to say something and literally do the opposite. I'll stop now before someone pulls a violin on me.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#37 Posted: 06:20:16 04/01/2016
I'll stick to the original color, tyvm.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10038
#38 Posted: 12:23:33 04/01/2016
Fake or real, Patina on Nightfall is ugly as sin. Her beautiful hair is now a block of yellowish green,ew e_e
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#39 Posted: 18:26:50 04/01/2016
Why must the rare stuff by found by complete idiots? This is like those Mexican Spitfires all over again. Don't you love how people who comes across these rare items always takes only one Bigfoot-like distorted image? Come on! Use that camera and take a few dozen images to prove the naysayers wrong.

Either way, I fully believe that they WILL have a variant for every character figure. Leaving 2 (or perhaps 3) characters without a one seems rather dumb and careless at this point. Not to say that we are not already pissed off by the extreme number of variants or anything, but leaving things "incomplete" is pretty bad as well.

Anyway, I find this one suspicious because they are overusing the the same patina design on so many variants. No clears this year? Not even a sparkly one? I honestly was expecting Nightfall to be released with silver glitter inside of her as it would really make her stand out and look so PURDY being a mostly black figure. Personally I'll believe in this patina one once I see Gamestop.com doing their $100 package of unsellable wave one figures with a high demand variant again.

Luckily I don't collect variants as this would be simply hair-pulling for me and enough to get me to get fed up and quit collecting one of everything Skylanders possible. I don't know how some of you guys out there can say sane with it all let alone afford it.
---
Stay Cool!
#40 Posted: 18:52:35 04/01/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Fake or real, Patina on Nightfall is ugly as sin. Her beautiful hair is now a block of yellowish green,ew e_e

Plus, now she only looks even more like the Predator.

[User Posted Image]

(Shudders) Oh god get it outta here!
---
Check this out! Please?
#41 Posted: 18:58:58 04/01/2016
I don't really know if there's much of anyone left going after every single variant.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#42 Posted: 19:16:41 04/01/2016
The green-ish color on the figure seems way brighter than the other Patina figures.

Plus, hasn't there been only one case assortment with Nightfall in it, excluding the defective ones?
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
skyfan124 Blue Sparx Gems: 734
#43 Posted: 22:06:20 04/01/2016
I think this is fake, maybe someone saw the hacked "Special" Nightfall, and when they got one, that painted it. Fake.
---
smilie+smilie=SMASH-BLAST
Let's Rock+Ready, Set, Glow=Ready, Let's Glow
#44 Posted: 22:29:32 04/01/2016
Quote: skyfan124
I think this is fake, maybe someone saw the hacked "Special" Nightfall, and when they got one, that painted it. Fake.

I dunno, because then they would have to let the paint dry, keep the packaging around, and seal her back inside just to take a picture of it...
---
Check this out! Please?
Veggie Power Yellow Sparx Gems: 1067
#45 Posted: 05:37:27 05/01/2016
As if Nightfall didn't look awesome enough already...
---
smilie
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#46 Posted: 16:05:04 06/01/2016
Quote: henryszuch
Quote: skyfan124

I dunno, because then they would have to let the paint dry, keep the packaging around, and seal her back inside just to take a picture of it...

You mean just like all fakes? People will do anything for attention these days, especially on the internet.

All the amiibo and skylander people do that. Or they have new backers made and paste them over top of the old ones or they use a hair dryer to remove them from the original box so it looks nice when they reglue it.
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
#47 Posted: 00:58:28 07/01/2016
Quote: OnionCakes

You mean just like all fakes? People will do anything for attention these days, especially on the internet.

All the amiibo and skylander people do that. Or they have new backers made and paste them over top of the old ones or they use a hair dryer to remove them from the original box so it looks nice when they reglue it.

How's a hairdryer meant to make a box look nice, I know it works great on shrink wrap but it'd melt the bloody Skylander box.
---
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#48 Posted: 02:44:26 07/01/2016
Quote: OnionCakes

How's a hairdryer meant to make a box look nice, I know it works great on shrink wrap but it'd melt the bloody Skylander box.

No it wouldt. I use that method to remove my GameStop price stickers from them and no packaging damage has ever been done. I also tested it on a random piece of Skylander packaging once because I was bored and it took a solid couple of minutes to warp it.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me