Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Ok, that's just dumb.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#1 Posted: 20:20:46 03/01/2016 | Topic Creator
So I support Skylanders and they want to tell me how I can play my game?

So, I'm finally leveling the regular Astroblast it took me forever to find, and I go to do the money maker, by busting up the items I had sat next to Persephone. I go to do my second set of hits and it only lets you do it once.

It's like I hit the air now. How stupid is that? To artificially lengthen the game, they want to make you level YOUR Skylanders THEIR way?

How stupid. We bought the game. We should be able to level them up how we see fit. Now the already useless Magic Items that somewhat became useful, have now become even more useless in this game?
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 20:26:06 03/01/2016
Oh god, now you want to complain about fixing a glitch? It's called a mistake in a game. If the devs can't let you play the way they intended to, then it wouldn't be their game,would it?

If you want to get so mad over a fix THAT WAS REPORTED WEEKS AGO you should've just deleted the update and carried on. It's not a big deal.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:26:46 03/01/2016 by Bifrost
#3 Posted: 20:31:50 03/01/2016 | Topic Creator
By all means Bifrost, tell me how to delete an update from PS4 and stop my system from regretting it.

I'm all ears.

In the meantime, as a supporter of the brand, **** yeah I'm gonna gripe if I want to. I don't come on this site throwing out superiority complexes as I attempt to get people to act the way I want them to. Whoever feels whatever way, so be it. I'm an adult. I'm not here to tell people to and to not gripe. That's just immature. Varying opinions are a right of humanity. I expect diehard fans to get hurt by negative words, but they'll just have to get over it.
---
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#4 Posted: 20:32:48 03/01/2016
You can always use this method:
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
#5 Posted: 20:34:24 03/01/2016
I don't know crap. I don't have a PS4,I have a WiiU and an X360 where the update files are clearly laid out or I can just reinstall the base game and refuse the updates. But that was a bug,they fixed it, as much as it's bad that there's no better way to farm,that wasn't legit anyway.
---
#6 Posted: 20:40:04 03/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Yeah, it was always a pain setting the date. It's just too much hassle to level a Skylanders now. He only reason I had to turn on Superchargers was to register any new characters and quickly get them money and prepared for the next game.

Whoever patched the game took that right from us. It wasn't like it was a glitch that harmed anyone, yet to artificially extend the life of the most mediocre Slylander game in its five year run, they had to kill our ability to buy moves.

I guess it shouldn't matter anyway, seeing as we're forced into vehicles for most of the game anyway. Just no reason to even boot this game anymore. Hopefully the next game gets things right.

Edit: and Bifrost, legit or not, it doesn't hurt the developers to allow us to have access to an easy way to get moves for our landers. Some of us want to play through the minimal amount of on foot gameplay this game offers, with all moves, rather than be done with the game by the time we get the moves for any given lander.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:43:56 03/01/2016 by GameMaster78
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#7 Posted: 20:44:22 03/01/2016
#FirstWorldProblems
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#8 Posted: 20:52:34 03/01/2016
This is stupid.
there is literally no challenge at all anymore in maxing out a skylander.

If you really can't stand playing the game for 10 minutes to raise a skylander.....what are you even playing for.

Next you'll be wanting skylanders to be sold maxed out so you don't have to play the game at all.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
jedihunter12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2401
#9 Posted: 20:56:37 03/01/2016
i don't understand why you get mad at a company when they take away your way to cheat the game.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#10 Posted: 21:11:56 03/01/2016
If you are only buing figures to level them and buy upgrades in 10 minutes why are you buying them. If you get no enjoyment out of playing then dont play.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#11 Posted: 21:25:27 03/01/2016
You mean the developers of their game removed a glitch form the game they made, and now you can't play how you want? How dare they!

And really if you only buy the figures to level them up in 10 minutes, why even bother? Is 14-15 dollars (assuming there are no sales) really worth it to you, for the 10 minutes you say you should be able to level your characters up in?

And about the deleting patches on the PS4, you can probably look it up on google and find out if you can, and how.
---
Dead
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#12 Posted: 22:03:27 03/01/2016
i understand your anger and frustration GameMaster78, i have been there. as i have said before they should release a finished game. then we dont need bug fixes and patched that add and remove stuff from the game after release. they can adjust the online gameplay, but never touch the single player after release..
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:03:43 03/01/2016 by CountMoneyBone
#13 Posted: 22:11:03 03/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Man, lots of defenders in here. It's cool, though. Really. Opinions are opinions. There has been a way to get easy money since the first game. Has it ever hurt anyone? Nope.

As for why I don't spend 10 so called minutes (where does it take 10 minutes to get around 12k gold) getting enough gold to get all moves, well, seeing as you're never on foot for more than 10 minutes at a time, doesn't seem like a really good idea.

Again, I knew I would get your token defender responses and first world problem responses, but for the amount of time you're on foot, I'd kinda like to, you know, have all the cool moves before they cram a land vehicle back down my throat.
---
#14 Posted: 22:13:50 03/01/2016
Battlebrawl Island is like 10 minutes if you skip all the cutscenes? Can't remember.
I just do the daily onfoot quests because my odds of getting the final hat are so bad I'm getting more gold than my collection will ever need.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:14:28 03/01/2016 by Bifrost
#15 Posted: 22:42:19 03/01/2016
Dude, your complaint is that the developers of the game fixed something that wasn't working as intended, so now you can't quickly level the figures that you can't buy in the game you don't even like and your every third post is how you're the worlds biggest and best Skylanders Super-Fan ("Skylanders Super-Fan" is a registered trademark of MegaX Inc. and cannot be used without permission) and how you're going to quit the series because Activision won't send you free stuff (probably because the last free stuff they sent you ended up on eBay) or make the game based off your every whim.

Yeah, pish-posh away the "defenders" - mostly, we're just tired of you pulling out your violin every time Bobby Kotick jumps in his Pop Fizz monster truck and runs over your imaginary kittens.
#16 Posted: 02:09:16 04/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Exactly. It doesn't hurt them to keep it in, just like SSA, SG, SF and TT had them. Didn't deter those games from being fun.

In fact, it was the only thing making me turn on Superchargers. Even though I got Roller Brawl and Soda Skimmer today, it doesn't mean crap. No fun getting gold ingame, because this years game was mediocre in my eyes.
---
mR_CaESaR Yellow Sparx Gems: 1310
#17 Posted: 02:20:14 04/01/2016
Looks like I won't be updating my iOS version any time soon smilie

I've got far too many skylanders to level up smilie

What version do you have?
#18 Posted: 02:22:25 04/01/2016
Quote: Drawdler

I'm just not updating, it's not that much of an issue to me. Yeah, missing out on new features is annoying but you should have completely expected this

what features are you missing out on?
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#19 Posted: 02:41:03 04/01/2016
Quote: UncleBob
#FirstWorldProblems

This is the first game where I'm not even interested in upgrading my characters. Gives me an excuse to play them on the next game, I guess. A Doom Challenge or Arena battle would be sweet about now, but meh.

GM78, why not just edit your skylanders with the editor? I mean, if you just want an auto-cheat button, that's still the best ticket in town.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:44:54 04/01/2016 by TakeYourLemons
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#20 Posted: 03:27:10 04/01/2016
Quote: CountMoneyBone
i understand your anger and frustration GameMaster78, i have been there. as i have said before they should release a finished game. then we dont need bug fixes and patched that add and remove stuff from the game after release. they can adjust the online gameplay, but never touch the single player after release..

SSC is a finished game. Much for than Trap Team for sure. Nearly all games now get patches, even Nintendo games. Super Charger is much better than you claim it to be.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#21 Posted: 03:38:12 04/01/2016
the point of the game is to play the game, sorry there is not a button that instant maxes your characters and bests the game for you. yes it dosent hurt overall gameplay but it defeats the point of the gameplay. stuff like this is game testing 101, a exploit can kill a game almost as fast as any other major glitch or bug.

as for releasing a finished game with no bugs, thats easier said than done, you got maybe 100-200 game testers on the game, they find like 90% of the stuff but once the game is out you have like 200,000 "game testers" playing it. they will find new bugs a glitches really fast due to just the pure number of people playing it. even then the testers are going after the major bugs, alot of the minor ones get passed along and never fixed due to time/money issues.
#22 Posted: 17:37:53 04/01/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

SSC is a finished game. Much for than Trap Team for sure. Nearly all games now get patches, even Nintendo games. Super Charger is much better than you claim it to be.

first i suggest you go read the "[OFFICIAL TOPIC] Bug/Glitch Tracking Thread"... then you remove all the patches from ssc and play the whole game to the end, with all the figurines.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#23 Posted: 17:42:16 04/01/2016
SSC doesn't have rampant game breaking or save corruption glitches or random areas that drop you into the skybox - one person having this does not mean that it'll happen to everyone ever. Finished game, doesn't mean it's perfect, or that 2 more months would've magically made the bugs go away.
This is an unfinished game.

edit: gosh darnit I thought I had the right video link
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:00:28 04/01/2016 by Bifrost
#24 Posted: 18:06:20 04/01/2016
Yeah, even unpatched SC wasn't that bad. Bugs this year was primarly glitches...nothing really game breaking. Sonic is definitely a worst case scenario. I had a tougher time with Trap Team problems, but compared to some games...nowhere near as bad.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:10:23 04/01/2016 by TakeYourLemons
Akseyomiht Yellow Sparx Gems: 1494
#25 Posted: 19:02:09 04/01/2016
first i suggest you go read the "[OFFICIAL TOPIC] Bug/Glitch Tracking Thread"... then you remove all the patches from ssc and play the whole game to the end, with all the figurines.

This is the dumbest thing I heard today, why I should play a downgraded version of a game?
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#26 Posted: 19:07:53 04/01/2016
Count NegaTive strikes again...

I like a game that commonly adds updates and fixes glitches than just a straight up glitched up game with no way of fixing bugs after release.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#27 Posted: 19:12:41 04/01/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

On my first run through, I had no game breaking glitches, and I assure the reissued Nightfall works with it.
---
Hahahahaha
#28 Posted: 21:38:53 04/01/2016
Quote: henryszuch
"Ok, that's just dumb"
So is this topic.

Seriously though I agree with everyone above. Superchargers is far from an unfinished game, and fixing bugs is a good thing. We have two people in this and other topics that are being way too negative...

Stay on target. Oh wait. it is.
#29 Posted: 21:43:07 04/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Well, no one seemed to care if the past games had one. All the sudden they patch it and the Skylanders defense force is out in droves, defending why it was right of them to patch the big bad easy money making trick.

So, why didn't everyone defending their actions in patching it now, start their crusade back when easy money exploits were found? I remember even Swap Force on PS4 getting an update, so...
---
#30 Posted: 21:50:29 04/01/2016
I know I never exploited glitches to get upgrade gold. Even with the Giants exploit, I did it to get the Achievement and got it on someone fully maxed out so that gold will never be useful anyway. Cheating isn't something I'll use to save a few hours, a few days maybe,but even then I'd rather play the game as the devs intended if it's fun as it is.

If it wasn't patched and never will because the game wasn't getting patches, whatever,use it if you like, complaining won't reverse it. But if it is, the devs didn't want it around, and no use complaining for the exact same reason.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:51:54 04/01/2016 by Bifrost
#31 Posted: 22:14:13 04/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Well, everyone here complains about something. People might pretend they don't, but if I dig back to all posts by those who are lashing out me for lashing out at a brand I am hoping against hope will get its **** together, I'm sure I can find a gripe from each and every person here.

I don't judge what people here gripe about. It's their opinion - their right. That's the difference between others and myself. Not gonna tell people they shouldn't gripe, just because their gripes aren't the same as mine, but I do it as well.
---
#32 Posted: 22:17:32 04/01/2016
I don't like sounding smug about it,but you're judging people for their gripes that right now.
---
#33 Posted: 22:46:00 04/01/2016 | Topic Creator
More of an example, really. What I'm saying is an example of what others here do -

- someone gripes about something
- another gripes about something
- yet another person gripes about something
- second and third gripes gripes about the first persons gripes

It just screams hypocritical. I've seen many people gripe about things I would deem to be nonsense. It maybe it isn't nonsense to them, so the adult in me says "it's their opinion. They're entitled to it as supporters of this brand," and I keep my mouth shut.

There is not - after all - a single human in this world that doesn't complain about something that would be trivial in the eyes of others, and I'm not just talking about Skylanders related. Could be as silly as their coffee not being warm enough.

What I'm telling others is, if I have complaints about the brand, I will list it here. I list it here because the developers view this site, and I hope my opinions get across and are valued in some way. People telling saying stuff like "first world problems" and bringing up the past in an attempt to start a flame war, need only look in the mirror and reflect on their life. Once they know they haven't complained about something deemed trivial, they can come at me. Is there a human alive that hasn't? Not in this era.
---
#34 Posted: 23:15:38 04/01/2016
Boy who cried wolf, man. Are you familiar with the story?

How many times have you ranted about something or other here (sometimes I agree, sometimes, not so much) and how you're deserving of such and such because you're the world's biggest Skylanders Super-Fan ("Skylanders Super-Fan" is a registered trademark of MegaX, INC, and cannot be used without permission) and you're going to quit the brand if they don't address your issue personally?

Seriously, you once threw a tantrum on here because TFB game a prototype to another fan covering the series.

It gets old. It's not the quality of your complaints. It's the quantity. I once dealt with a customer returning an item because it broke. When I went to process the return, they were flagged for multiple returns. When I looked at those returns, they were all for the same item. I asked the customer "Well, I keep buying them and they keep breaking!". Like 10 returns over the course of a year and a half on the exact same item. Processed their return, then, they promptly went and purchased another one of the item.

Could I ignore your posts? Sure. But you're posting them in the open for discussion. If you don't like the way they're being discussed - well, I guess you should ignore the replies and move on like an adult, eh?
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#35 Posted: 00:27:53 05/01/2016
i think the main reason people are "attacking" you is because your complaining about them fixing a exploit. they will fix these things, get over it. its like someone having a leaking roof and a repair guy fixing it for free and all you do is complain about how you no longer get roof water in your house. people have no sympathy for you because your complaining about a problem being fixed. defending your view point is doing nothing for you right now. also on another note, why hasent this been closed?
#36 Posted: 02:15:05 05/01/2016
Quote: Alphawolf
i think the main reason people are "attacking" you is because your complaining about them fixing a exploit. they will fix these things, get over it. its like someone having a leaking roof and a repair guy fixing it for free and all you do is complain about how you no longer get roof water in your house. people have no sympathy for you because your complaining about a problem being fixed. defending your view point is doing nothing for you right now. also on another note, why hasent this been closed?

Not sure anyone is "attacking" gm per se, just calling it out a little. We've all done it, I've had my share of complaints. Most of my complaints were met with very civil and interesting perspectives...both in agreement and disagreement.. Not sure how we can engage GM on some of the complaints? The point gets said, and he brings it up again. I was stuck in some of the stuttering complaints a year or so ago but have realized if it can't engage others then you guys are basically here to hear me vent--which ain't fun for anyone.

So GM, if there's something you don't like that can engage us--PLEASE DO. Complaining about what Activision is doing can be tolerated if we can engage...it just feels like we can't at this juncture. And realize when enough is enough.

But the incessant complaining, only to quietly disappear after you nab the goodies is not going un-noticed. We've all been there, but have since discovered an important word: patience.

On the gold fix---yeah, I'm kinda pissed with GM on this too, but since there's literally NO reason for me to play the levels over and over (even for my vehicle upgrades)...I've kinda checked out of this game...not good for the amount I've sunk. Maybe if they raised the bar with some achievements might help, but we definitely need more content and the 1.5 additions isn't enough...
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 02:22:05 05/01/2016 by TakeYourLemons
#37 Posted: 04:20:20 05/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Quote: Alphawolf

Not sure anyone is "attacking" gm per se, just calling it out a little. We've all done it, I've had my share of complaints. Most of my complaints were met with very civil and interesting perspectives...both in agreement and disagreement.. Not sure how we can engage GM on some of the complaints? The point gets said, and he brings it up again. I was stuck in some of the stuttering complaints a year or so ago but have realized if it can't engage others then you guys are basically here to hear me vent--which ain't fun for anyone.

So GM, if there's something you don't like that can engage us--PLEASE DO. Complaining about what Activision is doing can be tolerated if we can engage...it just feels like we can't at this juncture. And realize when enough is enough.

But the incessant complaining, only to quietly disappear after you nab the goodies is not going un-noticed. We've all been there, but have since discovered an important word: patience.

On the gold fix---yeah, I'm kinda pissed with GM on this too, but since there's literally NO reason for me to play the levels over and over (even for my vehicle upgrades)...I've kinda checked out of this game...not good for the amount I've sunk. Maybe if they raised the bar with some achievements might help, but we definitely need more content and the 1.5 additions isn't enough...

Which goes back to what I was saying about the money trick. It was literally the only thing keeping ,e playing. The levels in this game were downright boring. Had to force myself to beat this game just like I did Hallway Fantasy XIII back in 2010.

So, I want my characters moves for the next - and hopefully better - Skylanders game and boom, they remove it, though money tricks in past games - especially Swap Force - didn't stop me from racking up a good 50 hours of playtime. In fact, having the moves made the levels more fun to play.

I guess it could also be said that the money I plopped down on Magic Items was turned into uselessness, as VV decided to make Magic Items vanity items that could be hit for coins once a day. It was nice getting more than a once a day use item that really costed 32 bucks to get, to break over and over. Almost made them feel useful. Now they're garbage. Oh hey look, I can decorate the boring hub (Trap Teams Academy was better) with neat knick knacks that costed 32 bucks and hit them once every 24 hours.

Just saying. It didn't hurt them to keep it in like in past games. It made my money feel a little more useful than what it felt like when I found out our toys were turned into vanity items. Now that's gone. This game literally is junk compared to past games. Hope VV gets it right on Sky 7, and TFB gets back to form on Sky 6, if they didn't pull a Call of Duty and make Sky 6 be developed by a third company, which would likely be Beenox. Wonder how many complaints I would see, and in... quantity, of that happens and it could. COD is now developed by Treyarch, Sledgehammer and Infinity Ward. How long until we get a Skylanders developed by Beenox? Look at the trend. VV develops Giants for certain systems like Wii U, develops Swap Force. Beenox develops versions of Trap Team and Superchargers for certain consoles, could end up being a full on developer of any future Skylanders game. Or, will that magically be a good thing now after everyone complains about the job they do on the ports?
---
#38 Posted: 05:02:27 05/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Yeah back in my day when you found near glitches in stuff in NES games, it made for fun times and good gossip. It was fun to find tricks and glitches in Skylanders games, but they had to patch it, because. I mean I'm not dumb. We know why. Less time spent trying to upgrade landers, less time the game is played.

Gone are the days of finding exploits, cheats and tricks, and that just being that. They gotta patch the big bad tricks that don't break their game.

This is why the best years of gaming will always be in the past. Nothing needed patches. Nothing needed DLC, and if exploits were found, so be it. Again, made for good gossip.

This games levels were ***, through and through. Oh, hey guys, we're takin the discounts back down on Winged Sapphires, meaning that even with 30% bonus treasure, you'll be lucky to buy all moves for 3 Skylanders by the time you beat the last boss in your shiny new ride.

Enjoy the 40% on foot gameplay with very few enemies because we will have you walking upside down with a bomb or playing positive/negative to open doors. We hope you keep replaying, because with the amount of on foot gameplay, it will take tons of repetitive hours to level up Skylanders with moves you won't get to use before we cram Hot Streak back down your throat.

Sorry, I'm not gonna allow myself to be a corporate kiss *** apologist for the bad mistakes Superchargers made. They took away what fun I was having with this game, and that was just getting new moves fast enough to try them. Now they took that.

Hopefully next game, things get better. Hopefully.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 05:09:35 05/01/2016 by GameMaster78
Akseyomiht Yellow Sparx Gems: 1494
#39 Posted: 05:31:07 05/01/2016
This tread can't be real
Exploid glitches aren't fun are just a way to cheat. If you just want to cheat have the guts to admit it and use the editor.

Other glitches can be fun to mess around but removing them is only a good thing because you can encounter them when you don't want to and ruin your gaming experince.

If you don't like the game, what's the point playing it?, What's the point of getting all the upgrades?,
Do you realize you can collect the figures and don't play the games?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:38:44 05/01/2016 by Akseyomiht
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#40 Posted: 05:58:17 05/01/2016
Quote: GameMaster78
Gone are the days of finding exploits, cheats and tricks, and that just being that. They gotta patch the big bad tricks that don't break their game.

This is why the best years of gaming will always be in the past. Nothing needed patches. Nothing needed DLC, and if exploits were found, so be it.

Well now that we have the ability to patch stuff through the internet, why shouldn't companies? Nothing needed patches? There were no patches back in the glorious NES days, because the NES didn't have the ability to connect to the internet, to download patches. Nothing needed DLC? Even now, you don't need DLC, other than if you want to pay money for more content. DLC isn't like a patch, that fixes bugs, DLC just adds more stuff to the game (be it extra characters, extra levels, or just extra skins). "If exploits were found, so be it" because the NES was literally made before the world wide web, so there was not even the capability to patch anything.
---
Dead
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#41 Posted: 09:30:18 05/01/2016
Criticism for a game is as good as praise. Both are needed, both are useful ,both should be respected.

I agree partly with GM78, especially regarding how the vehicles were forced down to our throats, like it or not. I'm not into racing personally but I don't hate it either, however, I think the focus on them should have been lighter: simple decisions like not making it compulsory, reducing their gameplay share and not focusing 90% of the replay value on them would have made everyone happy I believe.

I also agree that the figures themselves look worse than the disney infinity ones. Careful here, I'm not talking about the design (imo skylanders design is like 1000 times better than DI) but the crafting. The details, colors and overall appearance of DI toys seems better to me.

I disagree however on DI and Lego being better games than Skylanders. The latter is more intuitive, fluid and fun and the overall graphics and design is far better. I wouldn't change skylanders for ones of the formers, not because I'm a fan, but because I honestly love and enjoy much more activision franchise.

In a more subjective side, I think SSC have a better story and values for kids than any of DI games. Disney is becoming a bit radical lately, I do not likel the direction they are talking with all their new films and products, while Skylanders seem to be approaching a mature, well written story, where not everything is sugar, rainbows and political correctness.

On the glitches side I understand the frustration of not being able to develop your figures if you don't like the game, however I think the patches should still exist. As a MMO player I have faced tons of glitches which were really frustrating and thanks to the patches they got solved. Most glitches are far from being "useful".
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#42 Posted: 14:43:44 05/01/2016
How is Disney all political correctness? The "black stormtrooper and girl Jedi" argument?
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#43 Posted: 15:00:35 05/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Well, Dimensions is easily the best TTL game this year. Is Dimensions better than Superchargers, yep. That's not something I have to even ponder.

Is Dimensions better than SSA, SF and TT, nope, but that's just me being a tad biased despite saying I'm not biased.

Dimensions offers so much gameplay, and a super awesome story. It offers a way to use the portal not even Skylanders could fathom. It offers so many nods and hidden stuff that will the play on anyone's feelings who grew up with certain popular franchises (that I won't spoil here) that you can't help but see the love Travelers Tales put in the game. January 19th only helps the game get that much cooler, with Pete Venkman, Doc Brown, a brand new Ghostbusters level, and a Ghostbusters open world to fully explore.

And yes, I am officially done with Superchargers as I mentioned before. No use in booting up the game, which I was to get the moves for new characters and test them out for a few before putting them away until Sky 6.

I want Sky 6 to be everything Superchargers wasn't.

The return of Adventure Packs
Lengthy campaign with more on foot gameplay
Gimmick is there, but optional
Treasures placed in set areas of each level
More Winged Sapphires
Elemental Gates return and can be opened by our old Skylanders
Old Skylanders have some kind of worth
Magic Items actually work as they should
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#44 Posted: 15:28:16 05/01/2016
I'ma let you finish, but I strongly disagree with that, because Dimensions is just a regular LEGO game with a paywall. If anything that makes it the worst TTL game this year.

But seriously, if you're actually done with this game just because "WAAAHH THEY TOOK OUT A GLITCH WAAAHH!", then good riddance.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#45 Posted: 15:59:09 05/01/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
I'ma let you finish, but I strongly disagree with that, because Dimensions is just a regular LEGO game with a paywall. If anything that makes it the worst TTL game this year.

But seriously, if you're actually done with this game just because "WAAAHH THEY TOOK OUT A GLITCH WAAAHH!", then good riddance.

I agree. I got LD, and enjoyed, but boy can it get boring FAST. I got to the Scooby Doo level in OCTOBER tired to beat the level, like, twice but didn't because I just couldn't stay interested long enough. I haven't touched the game since. I love the LEGO games but not this one. Maybe I'll get the Doctor Who and Ghost Busters characters to explore their worlds, but that's a heavy maybe. This game was a bust for me, I even regret buying it. While I have made up for the money I lost buying the game, I still wish I didn't get it. It could have gone to SSC, or DI 3.0. Both SSC and Disney Infinity 3.0. are my favorite TtL games this year by far.

Lego Avengers on the other hand, while thankfully not TtL, looks awesome!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:32:32 05/01/2016 by HeyitsHotDog
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me