darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > interesting idea i had with vehicles for some reason
Page 1 of 1
interesting idea i had with vehicles for some reason
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1 Posted: 17:31:09 02/01/2016 | Topic Creator
I was up last night, and thought "What if the vehicles could turn into mechs of some sort?"

I drew up some ideas. Like the Thump Truck "mech" looking like devastator from ROTF..

[User Posted Image]

and the burn cycle would be like a chicken walker mech, with a big flamethrower in the center.

got any ideas? pot here.

(mods can move this if needed)
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 17:36:04 02/01/2016
Mechs would be a cool gimmick to allow vehicles to carry over but considering VV's obsession with robots I wouldn't give them ideas.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#3 Posted: 18:15:44 02/01/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Mechs would be a cool gimmick to allow vehicles to carry over but considering VV's obsession with robots I wouldn't give them ideas.

Obsession with robots? I mean, the only Skylanders of theirs I would say are true robots are Magna Charge and Wind-Up.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#4 Posted: 18:19:22 02/01/2016
Magna Charge, Wind-Up, Spy Rise, High Volt, Countdown(half a robot ok),this goddamn part dedicated ENTIRELY to robots in their art show next to Smolderdash's sketches,C-MOR, Boom 5000,K-Bots,Geargolems, do I need to keep going?

They also frequently mention robots whenever the Tech element gets brought up on interviews. Aside from Triggs they can't compute any organic creatures, especially Trolls as users of the element(since they keep making them brutes instead of TFB's 'can create but only for violence' gimmick, with the exception of the Cloud Kingdom guys) and other forms of technology as skylanders or even NPCs sometimes. TFB has robots, don't get me wrong, but they're usually focused to Arkeyans or to themed areas.

I also don't know if I bring up Moneybone's army or not since his creator is unclear. All points to VV since he only appears in their games but he debuted on Beenox's game who might or might not have lore authority in some aspects.

Tons of edits because I ended up writing as I looked through the wiki.
---
Edited 9 times - Last edited at 18:31:51 02/01/2016 by Bifrost
Trighap52 Blue Sparx Gems: 637
#5 Posted: 18:49:04 02/01/2016
mech is an absolute good idea ! and VV are good for make robots like our christmas skeleton said ! hot streak will look a bit like blast zone and buzz wings like high five
---
Oh we can zoom all the way to the moon from this great wide wacky world, Jump with me, grab coins with me, Oh yeah!
bladewolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1211
#6 Posted: 07:18:21 03/01/2016
I would love it if they had the vehicles turn into mechs. I'm a major fan of Transformers so this would be up my alley. Though I seriously doubt they would do this gimmick.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#7 Posted: 11:22:25 03/01/2016
oh.. i was expecting something with a camp fire...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:23:15 03/01/2016 by CountMoneyBone
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#8 Posted: 16:04:35 03/01/2016
Quote: CountMoneyBone

...I don't get it?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#9 Posted: 16:06:11 03/01/2016 | Topic Creator

burning vehicles?
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#10 Posted: 22:34:55 03/01/2016
Quote: ZapNorris

burning vehicles?

yes...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#11 Posted: 22:49:58 03/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: ZapNorris

burning vehicles?

yes...

They don't call it the Burn-Cycle for nothin'
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#12 Posted: 03:08:20 04/01/2016
None of this plastic can transform, but if they went in with this idea and kept it from us to allow these toys to change next year then I would've given them a standing ovation. I hate mechs, but doing something like this would've re-instilled confidence and craftiness...something not seen since Swap Force.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:09:11 04/01/2016 by TakeYourLemons
DredyekSlayer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1423
#13 Posted: 06:25:41 04/01/2016
And the mods could be used on the mechs to.
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#14 Posted: 01:07:17 05/01/2016
I wouldn't mind mechs.

Personally I think the Giants could've played the role of vehicles e.g. Hot head already transformed into a burn cycle lol and the others could easily look like a vehicles too, thump back for instance would make a good reef ripper.

I think the main thing that'll tell us if vehicles still will have a decent purpose will be if they remain constantly available in to the next game release.

I think that's partly why they could justify not giving traps a decent use in SC , coz they had their production stopped along time before SC was released .

People can't complain about buying something that has basically no use in SCif it's not available in store anymore.

Water traps are obviously an exception buy they're $1 lol . But maybe vehicles will be severely discounted too if they don't have a purpose in sky 6.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
#15 Posted: 01:10:55 05/01/2016 | Topic Creator
With my recent purchase of Nitro soda skimmer, i though the soda skimmer's "mech" could have big inflatable fists, making use of the raft. all those tubes also could be pretty awesome feet
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#16 Posted: 09:38:13 05/01/2016
I also had this idea before, the next gimmick could definitely be related to some sort of "transformation". However, I'm not really into this idea. I prefer not gimmick at all (maybe a massive crossover with amiibo would be acceptable) and focus on improving the rest of the features.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#17 Posted: 12:46:41 06/01/2016
Yeah, enough with the robots. It would be cool too see them go back to focusing on dragons and give credit to where it all started. "...What's a Spyro?"
---
Any last wishes?
#18 Posted: 13:14:47 06/01/2016
Quote: Wishblade
Yeah, enough with the robots. It would be cool too see them go back to focusing on dragons and give credit to where it all started. "...What's a Spyro?"

A Spyro is a Magic character with like five versions. Don't use strawman on this, people know him well, and a gimmick around a single guy would be crazy biased. Something more generic like a Dragon related gimmick would be better, but the devs will probably decide against it since we have a dragon group already.
---
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#19 Posted: 13:38:05 06/01/2016
You didn't get my irony? That's ironic. I was joking about the sad fact that there is no Spyro figure in SC.
---
Any last wishes?
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#20 Posted: 20:40:16 06/01/2016
Quite honestly that joke wasn't too easy to get.
I sincerely don't feel like Spyro is somehow missing from the game (especially after 4 games of reposes and variants).

On-topic, that would be a cool idea but I sincerely doubt it will happen.
And I'm sincerely kinda against the idea of another gimmick, unless it is something truly mind-blowing (and not just another playable something like vehicles were).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#21 Posted: 00:01:35 07/01/2016
This idea really does make me wonder why VV didn't make the vehicles actually characters ( like Giants hot head and how he turns into a fire bike as one of his attacks ) .

Even Spit fire looks like he could've transformed into a machine of some sort.

And dive clops could easily resemble a submarine too.

You could literally just give any skylander armour that mildly resembles it's vehicle form and it would've been fine.

Then no one really would've minded if vehicles werent in the next game coz you'd still have your skylander , it just couldn't race etc anymore.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
#22 Posted: 00:11:45 07/01/2016
That would've been a great idea,but not a question for us unfortunately.
---
#23 Posted: 01:32:58 07/01/2016
Quote: B-BOB358
This idea really does make me wonder why VV didn't make the vehicles actually characters ( like Giants hot head and how he turns into a fire bike as one of his attacks ) .

Even Spit fire looks like he could've transformed into a machine of some sort.

And dive clops could easily resemble a submarine too.

You could literally just give any skylander armour that mildly resembles it's vehicle form and it would've been fine.

Then no one really would've minded if vehicles werent in the next game coz you'd still have your skylander , it just couldn't race etc anymore.

That would have been a cool idea (especially when you think that all the SuperChargers have some kind of armor or could have easily used it, even revamps) but no way Activision wouldn't have taken the change to sell other pricier and bigger figures.

What you wrote on the last phrase is also the reason why I'm not that mad Trap Masters aren't special anymore: at least I can still play as them.
Cannot say the same about vehicles and traps, sadly.

I really wonder how they will implement vehicles (and if they will bring traps back to their former glory) in the next game, especially since they said they will play an important part gameplay-wise.
But then again they did say Spyro would have had a bigger role in Giants...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:33:58 07/01/2016 by Drek95
#24 Posted: 10:40:09 07/01/2016
He did have a bigger role - same as every other Skylander, who actually started talking during the levels and even some attacks instead of a small catchphrase at the magic moment and done.
---
#25 Posted: 12:44:19 07/01/2016
Quote: Bifrost
He did have a bigger role - same as every other Skylander, who actually started talking during the levels and even some attacks instead of a small catchphrase at the magic moment and done.

Sure, they even had their names pronounced by Octavius. smilie
I really wish they could implement again a similar feature, like Quigley lines in SA.

I know it might become tedious with over 100 unique characters but that's the kind of effort I wish for in the future.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me