darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Superchargers Challenge Level - Too Easy?
Page 1 of 1
Superchargers Challenge Level - Too Easy?
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#1 Posted: 16:25:04 01/01/2016 | Topic Creator
I just started playing some new Superchargers figures recently. I am playing on nightmare mode. Is it just me, or is there virtually no challenge in leveling a character up? I can get a character from level one to 17 within a few minutes playing Battlebrawl Island...another few minutes and you have a level 20 Skylander. I understand that in the realm of gaming, Skylanders is supposed to be easy, but I remember having to grind in Swap Force battle arenas like Angry Angry Plants and in Trap Team with the Kaos challenges. Why is leveling up in Superchargers insanely simple even on nightmare mode? Does anybody else feel the same way?
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 16:35:58 01/01/2016
Leveling up was NEVER an issue. Giants was the only one without XP granting stuff other than Heroic Challenges and it still just took longer to get to 20. More options just means easier to level and over the years they piled up from challenges to enemy waves to collectibles.

Also grinding is boring as hell, I'd rather have XP pouring out from every box in SSC to wearing myself out on Doom Challenge - there are other games out there I'd like to invest on too.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:37:39 01/01/2016 by Bifrost
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#3 Posted: 16:59:51 01/01/2016
The harder your game is, the more rewards you get. I think you get 30% more EXP on Nightmare mode than normally on easy.
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#4 Posted: 17:33:45 01/01/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Leveling up was NEVER an issue. Giants was the only one without XP granting stuff other than Heroic Challenges and it still just took longer to get to 20. More options just means easier to level and over the years they piled up from challenges to enemy waves to collectibles.

Giants has a decent way to grind exp. Keep doing Chapter 15 repeatedly. Still takes time but much less. I had difficulty grinding in Swap Force though. I just used the 3ds version to get everyone to level 20. Now, I just have difficulty getting gold for my Superchargers. Not many good ways to do that. Everything else is easy though.
---
Soon.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#5 Posted: 17:38:30 01/01/2016
Quote: emeraldzoroark

Giants has a decent way to grind exp. Keep doing Chapter 15 repeatedly. Still takes time but much less. I had difficulty grinding in Swap Force though. I just used the 3ds version to get everyone to level 20. Now, I just have difficulty getting gold for my Superchargers. Not many good ways to do that. Everything else is easy though.

In giants, it actually didn't take that much time for me. It took maybe 15 minutes to run through the level, and my guys were at 15. What's the fastest way you found to get gold? I keep replaying chapter 3, going down the one pipe that leads to a place that has piles of gold (where the sky stone playing mabu is) and get about 2,000 each time.
---
Dead
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#6 Posted: 17:51:41 01/01/2016
I went to chapter 3 as well, but i only took those tiny piles of treasure and the diamond/wishstone at the start. 300-350 gold. Needless to say, I wasn't making much progress.
---
Soon.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#7 Posted: 17:52:26 01/01/2016 | Topic Creator

Also grinding is boring as hell, I'd rather have XP pouring out from every box in SSC to wearing myself out on Doom Challenge - there are other games out there I'd like to invest on too.

This is the first game where I can level up a Skylander to 20 within ten minutes without having to exert myself or flexing any Skylander muscle. I am guilty of being a player that tends to not play with a figure as much once fully leveling them up. One of my biggest gripes is that they've kept the level cap at 20 since Swap Force.

I understand that leveling up was never a major issue in any game, but how would you rank the games individually on ease of leveling up? Superchargers has to be at the top of the list.

Quote: Deja Vu
The harder your game is, the more rewards you get. I think you get 30% more EXP on Nightmare mode than normally on easy.

I know you level up quicker on Nightmare mode, but the alternative is dumbing down the difficulty and having enemies disintegrate before you with even lesser effort. Making something that's easy at the highest difficulty even easier doesn't help the situation much (you may get less experience at easier difficulty, but kill more enemies per minute of play and lose what little challenge the game has to offer).
#8 Posted: 18:03:52 01/01/2016
Best way for gold in Giants was easily Kaos' Kastle if you botched the endgame treasure glitch. That place is breakable heaven.

SSC is the easiest, but that's not a bad thing. You can grind the old way, farm chests, do quests, or raise your Wishstone odds and go crazy. So many options, though as we discussed months ago, the main problem with leveling os that it's pointless outside of HP and because of the small prize people really forget about their maxed out Skylanders if their collection is big.

Nightmare is more risk for more reward, tons of games do that. If you want a challenge you have to go in with glass cannons and then the higher damage will hurt a ton.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:05:15 01/01/2016 by Bifrost
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#9 Posted: 22:47:21 01/01/2016
I've played through the game twice on nightmare . Might try easy next to make it s challenge to raise the next wave, coz I do enjoy the grind. Raising the characters is why I play the game .

Being able to fully upgrade a character in 10 minutes is pretty stupid and pointless, they may as well just sell them fully upgraded so you don't have to do any work at all.

But also I think a big flaw in this game is that they decreased the battles to make room for vehicle sections, and to counteract the loss in rewards from battles they put in way too many chests and piñata's etc.

I kind of like that spell slamzers battle gives a lot of experience coz it gives you an option to fast track characters, but I think in general throughout the game they should make it difficult to level up/ upgrade characters.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:51:11 01/01/2016 by B-BOB358
#10 Posted: 23:36:54 01/01/2016
I can add on with enemies being too easy despite near perfect mechanics. For all the unfair attacks in TT, I congratulate TFB for making me stop hard on my tracks and have to make a stratregy specific to all heavy enemies - Painyatta runs fast but you can make his AI attack earlier, Krankenstein can be dodged by jumping I think, Bomb Shell can hurt himself and other enemies. The only enemies to really give me any hard times were the Elite Drow because they're similar to Brawl and Chains and Goliath Drows and they were in only Cloudbreather's Crag and Sky Eater - everyone else was a rush attack type, support or goomba equivalent(kinda ironic since Pain Glasses look like they could easily be hard with sword combos but since this is the only chapter you can step on enemies they're a pushover).
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:37:57 01/01/2016 by Bifrost
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#11 Posted: 06:35:42 02/01/2016
Levelling in almost every game is easy
The only problem I have in Superchargers is gold,
In giants just repeat drill-x level, sf the sky diamond trick, tt china chest trick, Superchargers well,,, the legendary treasures? Well that's only once a day and yeah..
Is there an easier way to farm gold? If somone tells me I might give you back some of your gems... I mean, u will have the satisfaction of helping sombody
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#12 Posted: 07:09:17 02/01/2016
YES. I have a large collection, so it is nice to have it be a bit easier but wow. Earlier today I had reset my Quicdraw Rattle Shake to get his ****e skin back and upon opening one chest, on medium difficulty and only having one rank power set to XP, he went from level one to level 10.
---
Hahahahaha
Wally-Gang Gold Sparx Gems: 2987
#13 Posted: 10:59:01 02/01/2016
The one thing that I wish was more abundant is the gearbits in the sky areas. As a quirk in splitting up the characters and vehicles among family members left me with only SS Stealth Elf and her helicopter, I watch my wife and kids clean up in the land and sea areas and improve their rides quickly. The Stinger driver gets hammered and receives very few gearbits, comparatively.
---
"Come rang or shine"
Still troubled by him speaking
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#14 Posted: 02:31:51 05/01/2016
Donkey Kong's SuperCharge Challenge is the ultimate NIGHTMARE! I've been playing that with Dark Donkey Kong and his Dark Barrel Blaster for hours on end in all four game slots, but I finally managed to get all three stars for that.
Trighap52 Blue Sparx Gems: 637
#15 Posted: 19:24:57 08/01/2016
Quote: TheShadowDragon
Donkey Kong's SuperCharge Challenge is the ultimate NIGHTMARE! I've been playing that with Dark Donkey Kong and his Dark Barrel Blaster for hours on end in all four game slots, but I finally managed to get all three stars for that.

YEAH ! I though i was playin'bad !
---
Oh we can zoom all the way to the moon from this great wide wacky world, Jump with me, grab coins with me, Oh yeah!
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#16 Posted: 19:50:55 08/01/2016
Not all SuperCharged Challenges are easy. I found some that are quite hard:

"Set the Tone" for Fiesta + Crypt Crusher
"Bug It Out" for Shark Shooter Terrfin + Shark Tank
"Buzz Off" for Super Shot Stealth Elf + Stealth Stinger
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me