darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Dark Edition Single Pack (RUMOR, HAS PROOF)
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Dark Edition Single Pack (RUMOR, HAS PROOF)
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#51 Posted: 21:27:42 11/01/2016
At this point unless the portal is adding a function (like trap slot) they should sell the games without it. That being said they could also sell the portal by itself for those that are completely new to skylanders. They could add a starter figure or lower the price.
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#52 Posted: 23:47:39 11/01/2016
just wish I didn't buy the dark edition now.
I liked the look of normal Spitfire and hot streak as well as Dark Elf better.

But figured I was never going to get Normal Hot Spitfire/HotStreak/Elf + Kaos Trophy at a respectable price down the road.. Yet it seems the characters themselves it is easy and cheap to get the dark editions.
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#53 Posted: 03:39:57 12/01/2016
Quote: Drawdler
Maybe off-topic, but you guys should see how many Kaos Trophies there are shelfwarming over here. Maybe it's too early to call it but I'm seeing them everywhere, none seem to be moving and it looks like there are a whole bunch.

Yeah, there seems to be suite a surplus.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#54 Posted: 03:56:29 12/01/2016
Quote: Drawdler
Maybe off-topic, but you guys should see how many Kaos Trophies there are shelfwarming over here. Maybe it's too early to call it but I'm seeing them everywhere, none seem to be moving and it looks like there are a whole bunch.

I had a GameStop employee proactively advertising it as their exclusive when I went there on Skylanders Day. I just laughed. It seemed as though nobody was buying them. What a poorly executed attempt at drumming up sales. This will rank pretty high up there on the list of Skylanders products that nobody wants.
SilverWolf2308 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1148
#55 Posted: 12:22:12 12/01/2016
I didn't see the point of releasing it in a single pack. A lot of people bought 3 Starter Packs to get all Dark Editions, that's 2 spare Kaos Trophies, Dark Spitfires and Dark Hot Streaks. Most people are finding these pre-owned at their local video games store (GAME, EB Games, GameStop, etc.). A lot of people don't really care for Dark Sea Shadow as it almost looks like the regular one and no one really cares for Dark Stealth Elf as she's been a Dark Variants before and has been in every starter pack so far.

What happened to the Dark Wii U? Pre-orders sold out every where before the game even got released? Did they not make as much? Did they not compensate the fact that more kids own Wii U's then 360 and PS3's?
---
Instagram: SilverWolf2308 https://instagram.com/silverwolf2308
YouTube: SilverWolf2308 https://www.youtube.com/user/SilverWolf2308
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#56 Posted: 13:45:50 12/01/2016
the only reason they are doing this is the excess stock of dark edition figures that were made and no one buying the starters so they're trying to liquidate their stock. What it seems to happen is this could very well be the last dark edition they make due to the low demand and how much of a hit they took at making them. I'm all for extra dark amibolanders that haven't been able to be found too much, but it's true on the excess trophies and the simple fact they aren't number one. They're scrambling to just sell everything they can because they just aren't making money. It's truth now more than ever. This game's a big loss to them.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
OimakKamio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1643
#57 Posted: 14:34:21 12/01/2016
Quote: anverc
Quote: OimakKamio
ive said they need to just release the game each year sure a new portal if needed then release the characters. this gives us the option of what kind of collector we want to be.

Isn't that basically what you get when you buy the digital version on PSN/XBS/AppStore?

Yes but i dont like Digital, i like to have the game in hand
---
Lioned33 PS4
LORD OIMAK XBOX
dinodig1767 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1245
#58 Posted: 03:17:49 13/01/2016
I Hope this is true, i really want to get Dark bowser and clown cruiser
---
Check my website out! http://skylandersinventoryadventure.weebly.com
It's about skylanders(PM me if interested in the custom section)
Updated 8/24/14
sirxtommy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1814
#59 Posted: 04:10:11 13/01/2016
Quote: dinodig1767
I Hope this is true, i really want to get Dark bowser and clown cruiser

Same i need both. Dark Sea Shadow. and Stealth Elf.
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#60 Posted: 04:36:27 13/01/2016
Quote: tigerdr
the only reason they are doing this is the excess stock of dark edition figures that were made and no one buying the starters so they're trying to liquidate their stock. What it seems to happen is this could very well be the last dark edition they make due to the low demand and how much of a hit they took at making them. I'm all for extra dark amibolanders that haven't been able to be found too much, but it's true on the excess trophies and the simple fact they aren't number one. They're scrambling to just sell everything they can because they just aren't making money. It's truth now more than ever. This game's a big loss to them.

Which is a good thing because they clearly have no idea how to make enticing Dark Editions anymore. Swap Force had a great one but Trap Team's and SuperChargers' Dark Editions are laughably horrible. I mean, they made a gorgeously vibrant figure (Spitfire) look like a black lung with a face (though Dark Hot Streak is cool, it is just not as cool as Golden or E3 though) and then they give us ANOTHER Dark Stealth Elf (though SE being in the starter packs AGAIN to begin with is itself questionable)! Dark Sea Shadow is probably the laziest Dark variant choice ever, I find it odd they couldn't have picked something more interesting like Splatter Splasher.

ive said they need to just release the game each year sure a new portal if needed then release the characters. this gives us the option of what kind of collector we want to be.

Isn't that basically what you get when you buy the digital version on PSN/XBS/AppStore?

Ditto. They should bring back the Portal Owners edition and make the version with the figures the special edition.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:38:31 13/01/2016 by Hexin_Wishes
#61 Posted: 04:16:25 14/01/2016
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
Quote: tigerdr

Which is a good thing because they clearly have no idea how to make enticing Dark Editions anymore. Swap Force had a great one but Trap Team's and SuperChargers' Dark Editions are laughably horrible. I mean, they made a gorgeously vibrant figure (Spitfire) look like a black lung with a face (though Dark Hot Streak is cool, it is just not as cool as Golden or E3 though) and then they give us ANOTHER Dark Stealth Elf (though SE being in the starter packs AGAIN to begin with is itself questionable)! Dark Sea Shadow is probably the laziest Dark variant choice ever, I find it odd they couldn't have picked something more interesting like Splatter Splasher.

Ditto. They should bring back the Portal Owners edition and make the version with the figures the special edition.

I remember Giants, I bought the Portal Owners Pack like 2 days after the game came out. Then after a few weeks I bought the starter Pack just to get the rest of the figures, which ended up getting released singly after a few months anyway.
---
tPaperBomb Red Sparx Gems: 87
#62 Posted: 22:54:05 15/01/2016
Quote: DredyekSlayer
Skylanders Superchargers Starter packs have gone down to $40 in my area.

I live in the U.K. and on my birthday, for xbox one I got it for just £25 ($35.6)
---
Current Main Skylander: Fling Kong! smilie
Skylanders collection count: 45
1 magic item, 3 vehicles.
#63 Posted: 00:16:38 16/01/2016
Quote: tPaperBomb
Quote: DredyekSlayer
Skylanders Superchargers Starter packs have gone down to $40 in my area.

I live in the U.K. and on my birthday, for xbox one I got it for just £25 ($35.6)

They were about $88 in Australia for a little bit about a month ago for Christmas, but they're back at $120.
---
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me