Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Fakemon Game Concept [CLOSED]
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#1 Posted: 17:11:42 29/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Hey everyone... I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but I figured I would. Is RPG Maker easy to use? At least, with Pokemon essentials? I doubt it is, but the reason I ask this is because I was planning on making my own Fakemon game. I don't have everything worked out yet (like story, region, locations, and stuff like that), but I do know it'll have both original and existing Pokemon. And I plan on giving it online functionality to let you battle with friends... If that's even possible. I might even make my own wiki for it and share some concepts here too.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 17:45:53 29/12/2015
For a Fakemon game,people would recommend you a romhack really. I won't link because of DS' rules but there's a section in the Nuzlocke Forums dedicated to making fangames with that - and with it you can keep the coding for the original 'mons and alter ones you won't use to fit the fakemon.

RPG Maker is somewhat easy to use(though you have to learn a language that isn't C++ ew),but you'd have to recreate the entiiiire thing from scratch. I've seen fangames made with it and boy they're usually bad because everyone gives up; romhack is the way to go.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#3 Posted: 18:05:16 29/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
For a Fakemon game,people would recommend you a romhack really. I won't link because of DS' rules but there's a section in the Nuzlocke Forums dedicated to making fangames with that - and with it you can keep the coding for the original 'mons and alter ones you won't use to fit the fakemon.

RPG Maker is somewhat easy to use(though you have to learn a language that isn't C++ ew),but you'd have to recreate the entiiiire thing from scratch. I've seen fangames made with it and boy they're usually bad because everyone gives up; romhack is the way to go.

Sounds good, actually... So say I made a romhack of Heart Gold/Soul Silver, would I be able to include Pokemon from newer generations into it as well as be able to design my own maps, characters, stories, etc.? Or should I go check out the Nuzlocke forums?
---
Check this out! Please?
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#4 Posted: 18:09:31 29/12/2015
I have no idea if it's possible to be done to DS games,but for GBA ones,you could but you'd have to edit in the stats and everything yourself - especially because in previous generations you had the pre-Attack Type Split thing that some people have sucessfully coded into the game but I don't know if it's hard.
But with that out of the way,yeah,you can edit maps, NPCs,everything,though some say that a few things HAVE to stay unchanged as to not break the code but you can easily hide them somewhere.
I mentioned the Nuzforums because it's the only poogeymans forum I visit,but there's probably a more specialized place out there. They also play a lot of romhacks though,and that's where I found out about Pokémon Vega and Flora Sky(really good,usually very hard) and Snakewood and Quartz(super bad), which might be good reference.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:11:44 29/12/2015 by Bifrost
#5 Posted: 18:32:22 29/12/2015 | Topic Creator
All right. Thanks, Bifrost! I'll go check them out and see what happens.
---
Check this out! Please?
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me