Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Idle Chatter > Custom King K. Rool Action Figure + Suggestions and Tips
Page 1 of 1
Custom King K. Rool Action Figure + Suggestions and Tips [CLOSED]
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#1 Posted: 18:08:52 23/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Hello, people of darkSpyro, it's Chompy-King257!
I am here to tell you of my big project that I think you'll find interesting:
I am going to make a custom action figure of King K. Rool. Yes, it's a big task, but I simply refuse to have my favorite Kremlin die on me just because he lost to Bayonetta in the ballet.
To make this figure, I am going to use an already existing figure, and then repaint/redesign it. Here is what I am planning on doing so far:

Base Figure - Half-Shell Heroes figure of Leatherhead from TMNT.

Cape - Red fabric.

Crown - Construction Paper or a crown from another toy.

Gold Wristbands - Paint the ones on the Leatherhead figure gold.

Big, Red Eye - Red Sharpie Marker.

Big Belly - Clay if needed.

Gold Chest Plate - Gold Sharpie Marker or Gold Paint.

Size: Overall, this figure should be about 3 to 4 inches tall, possibly 5 with the crown on his head.

Price: This figure should cost about 7-10 dollars. The only real purchase required is the Leatherhead figure used to make this. The rest of the materials I have lying around my house.

What do you think about it so far? And yes, I will try and post pictures of the final product. But do you have anything to say? Any tips or suggestions? Questions? Feel free to leave a comment below!
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:25:30 30/12/2015 by Chompy-King257
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 18:10:55 23/12/2015
Construction paper for the crown might not last long at all. Isn't there any leftover polymer clay or similar for it since it's small?
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#3 Posted: 18:28:36 23/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
Construction paper for the crown might not last long at all. Isn't there any leftover polymer clay or similar for it since it's small?

I see. You have a point. I'll probably do what you said, or just use a crown from another toy of sorts.
---
#4 Posted: 20:46:38 23/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Wait...I might not be able to go through with this...turns out the Leatherhead figure I'm after is very rare in my area...I'll try my best, but I guess this will be harder than I thought.
---
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#5 Posted: 21:47:23 23/12/2015
I suggest using paints instead of marker. It'll probably turn out cleaner. It will look better if you thin the paints too.

Can't wait to see the final result!
#6 Posted: 22:50:10 23/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Before I really get into this, does anyone have any suggestions for a better figure to use than Leatherhead, the 2012 version? And do you think that figure's green skin is too dark, or just right?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:14:25 27/12/2015 by Chompy-King257
#7 Posted: 20:13:35 27/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Please feel free to ask questions or give advice! I'd be very happy to talk about this project with you guys some more!
---
#8 Posted: 23:23:12 29/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Change of plan. Due to awkward proportion sizes (The eyes, the stomach, the back) on the figure I was planning on using, I am going to use the Half-Shell Heroes version of Leatherhead, instead. I'll do all the same things, though. Here is a picture of the toy I am using for reference:
[User Posted Image]
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#9 Posted: 19:31:22 30/12/2015
Quote: Chompy-King257
Change of plan. Due to awkward proportion sizes (The eyes, the stomach, the back) on the figure I was planning on using, I am going to use the Half-Shell Heroes version of Leatherhead, instead. I'll do all the same things, though. Here is a picture of the toy I am using for reference:
[User Posted Image]

good model!
#10 Posted: 19:34:04 30/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: ZapNorris
Quote: Chompy-King257
[User Posted Image]

good model!

Thank you! Sadly, I went to the store today to get that toy, and they didn't have it. I'm currently in another continent, so when I get home, I will have to check my local Toys R Us.
---
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#11 Posted: 21:14:33 30/12/2015
Well, you need to find a form to make K. Rool's big belly now, and a smaller head.
---
Bruh
#12 Posted: 01:38:32 13/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Crash10
Well, you need to find a form to make K. Rool's big belly now, and a smaller head.

That'll be a challenge, but I'll try my best.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me