Page 1 of 1
Recommended Revamps? [CLOSED]
CelesteInk Blue Sparx Gems: 595
#1 Posted: 21:24:35 22/12/2015 | Topic Creator
I'm going to grab myself some figures before Christmas. I already know what new characters I will look for, being Nightfall, Fiesta, and possibly Smash Hit or Stormblade. How are those revamps though? Are any of them even worth it?
I already have the revamp Gill Grunt, and he's cool enough, but the others? Most of them are revamps of the ones I hated in the first place, such as Pop Fizz, Jet Vac, and Eruptor. Which revamps do you recommend, and are they actually more fun than their original versions?
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#2 Posted: 21:28:09 22/12/2015
I recommend Jet Vac, Pop Fizz, Stealth Elf, and Eruptor, as well as Terrafin. In my opinion, the revamps this game are pretty brilliant.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#3 Posted: 21:32:04 22/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Chompy-King257
I recommend Jet Vac, Pop Fizz, Stealth Elf, and Eruptor, as well as Terrafin. In my opinion, the revamps this game are pretty brilliant.

I might avoid Eruptor, being I think this new figure of his is kind of ugly, but uh... why would you suggest Jet Vac? Normal Jet Vac I find to be one of the most useless characters overall. He felt like a less useful, kind of pointless version of Gill Grunt. Would you say he's completely improved with his revamp?
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#4 Posted: 22:19:16 22/12/2015
Quote: CelesteInk
Quote: Chompy-King257

I might avoid Eruptor, being I think this new figure of his is kind of ugly, but uh... why would you suggest Jet Vac? Normal Jet Vac I find to be one of the most useless characters overall. He felt like a less useful, kind of pointless version of Gill Grunt. Would you say he's completely improved with his revamp?

I'd say he's mostly improved. I don't really use his vacuum attacks much still, but he now rapidly shoots blades, which can bounce back and forth between enemies even faster. He can also create hurricanes that suck enemies AND blades in, making it a pretty cool combo. I used to HATE Jet-Vac more than ever, but now I love him.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#5 Posted: 22:50:53 22/12/2015
You shouldn't get any honestly. But I'd say Pop Fizz as he's most fun out of all the revamps.
Eruptor is the worst, boring gameplay and figure.
Jet-Vac is better than I thought but still not worth the money.
I'd also say Stealth Elf but I don't know how you would get her.
Terrafin's also pretty dissapointing.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#6 Posted: 00:22:35 23/12/2015
I highly recommend Deep Dive Gill Grunt. His gameplay is very fun and well done, a big upgrade to how the regular version plays. Otherwise I recommend Eruptor, he is also fun to play.
---
bye
#7 Posted: 03:59:59 23/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: newkill
I highly recommend Deep Dive Gill Grunt. His gameplay is very fun and well done, a big upgrade to how the regular version plays. Otherwise I recommend Eruptor, he is also fun to play.

Considering I have a whole bunch of hours as classic Gill Grunt, I have to say Deep Dive Gill Grunt is not really as good, but I do enjoy him a lot. Just something feels missing, I don't know. Something about classic Gill Grunt really made him an instant favorite of mine.
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#8 Posted: 04:21:48 23/12/2015
The new terrafin is pretty great. his diving path is too similar to the original, but the path focusing on his gun is ace.

Charging up the gun to create a sand pit that traps enemies and summons a giant land shark to take a bite smilie . It's fun to watch.

This years jet vac is a lot more versatile then the original, but I still find him a little awkward. He look really cool with golden wings though.

Haven't played eruptor yet.

Stealth Elfs pretty cool. I don't care much for her gun, but I like her turret path. shes basically a combination of grilla drilla and stink bomb.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#9 Posted: 15:33:58 23/12/2015
I suggest Roller Brawl or Pop Fizz.

I don't have either but I've seen gameplay and both of them look very fun to play with.

Pop Fizz is more fun because BUBBLES smilie

And Roller Brawl seems better because of her vampire related powers unlike before.

Just some ideas.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#10 Posted: 19:44:24 23/12/2015
Pop fizzfizz is loads of fun.

I also quite Terrafin as well.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#11 Posted: 20:50:15 23/12/2015 | Topic Creator
It seems all opinions are split down the middle, but since I am buying them tomorrow, I have today to think about it. So far, Big Bubble Pop Fizz is a must. Watched a good chunk of his gameplay, and I think he looks great. I really hated Pop Fizz before, as his paths kind of ruined the whole point of his gimmick. He had a cool concept but it turned out stupid. It seems this new Pop Fizz is pretty much the classic one, but with all of his previous problems fixed, such as both forms being useful, regardless of the chosen path.

@Luminous33 Bone Bash Roller Brawl won't be out by tomorrow though, will she?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:53:10 23/12/2015 by CelesteInk
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me