Page 1 of 1
Will we ever see an Arena mode?
CelesteInk Blue Sparx Gems: 595
#1 Posted: 21:08:58 22/12/2015 | Topic Creator
That update finally came to the PS3, and I can't help but wonder. It's made a very tiny part of the Academy larger, however... there's still some parts of the Academy that are blocked off, which almost look as though V.V. had plans for those areas, and didn't get to finish them in time for release.
Is it possible to see these areas get opened through more updates? Do you guys think that there's any hopes of finally seeing Arena come to Superchargers... and most importantly, do you think there's hopes of ever getting an update that brings us online PVP? I mean, I am sure V.V. knows the complaints, and I am sure they know how much most fans want this...
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#2 Posted: 21:11:20 22/12/2015
The other parts of the Academy was blocked off due to "ongoing battles" ... it was the first thing said when the Academy was re-introduced. I do like your thinking, although I seriously doubt it will happen.
Dadskylanders Yellow Sparx Gems: 1410
#3 Posted: 22:52:51 22/12/2015
God, that would be truly amazing. I have been complaining about it for some time. Battle arena is the most important loss to my family. With an army of skylanders to our disposal, it is a shame not to do battle.
---
Father of future gamers
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#4 Posted: 23:13:26 22/12/2015
Anytime PVP/Arena comes up, I always try to point this out - we have nearly 150 different characters. Most fighting games top off around 50 or so - and that's when the entire game is devoted to nothing but PVP fighting.

Having 150 characters when it's you vs. the computer isn't a big deal - if Elite Boomer is greatly OP vs. Series 1 Bash, who cares? They never fight, so you're just using one against mindless CPU drones until it gets knocked out and you move onto character #2. But if you're playing PvP, having one character so OP it can one hit kill several others... well, that's bad.

Balancing out 150+ characters who have stats and attacks that haven't been designed for PvP play for three generations... ugh.

The only way I see a *good* PvP/Arena mode is if Activision commissions a third party (aside from VV/TFB) to be dedicated towards building and designing this as a full-fledged, full-priced retail release (aside from the regular yearly releases). I fully support this idea, but I find it unlikely.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#5 Posted: 23:18:25 22/12/2015
I love Arena Battles, but I'm not really into PvPs. Racing against each other in SSC counts as a PVP, I guess.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#6 Posted: 03:09:21 23/12/2015
I would love that, I'd buy the game just for that. The exclusion of Arena modes is one of the major factors in not making me want to get the game.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#7 Posted: 03:15:14 23/12/2015
Quote: UncleBob
Anytime PVP/Arena comes up, I always try to point this out - we have nearly 150 different characters. Most fighting games top off around 50 or so - and that's when the entire game is devoted to nothing but PVP fighting.

Having 150 characters when it's you vs. the computer isn't a big deal - if Elite Boomer is greatly OP vs. Series 1 Bash, who cares? They never fight, so you're just using one against mindless CPU drones until it gets knocked out and you move onto character #2. But if you're playing PvP, having one character so OP it can one hit kill several others... well, that's bad.

Balancing out 150+ characters who have stats and attacks that haven't been designed for PvP play for three generations... ugh.

The only way I see a *good* PvP/Arena mode is if Activision commissions a third party (aside from VV/TFsmilie to be dedicated towards building and designing this as a full-fledged, full-priced retail release (aside from the regular yearly releases). I fully support this idea, but I find it unlikely.

Honestly... I agree with everything you just said. And considering how Superchargers felt more like a spin-off because of it's greater focus on racing rather than traditional gameplay (Heck, the Wii and 3DS versions were nothing BUT racing), I guess a true Skylanders spin-off title wouldn't be that far-fetched... It'd just depend on if it would be something Activision would want to do or not.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#8 Posted: 03:22:24 23/12/2015
The problem with this is it was said, that the reason we even have online for racing is because they balanced it out.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
CelesteInk Blue Sparx Gems: 595
#9 Posted: 03:57:09 23/12/2015 | Topic Creator
@BadWolfMichael Yeah, I absolutely agree. You know... a lot of these new characters are great... perfect, even. The problem is you're never allowed to use them to their full potential. Splat is fun to play as, and while I have maybe fifteen hours as her (a lot of that was in racing mode though), I don't feel like I've had the full Splat experience yet. No arena mode, and you simply can't bring any of your characters to their full potential. Figuring out all of those cool little functions in their gameplay too... is now just pointless.

@UncleBob To be fair, I would agree with you if this were my favorite game in the series, Trap Team. It may be my favorite, but it isn't without its flaws, one being the terrible balancing in the characters. V.V. has messed up a lot with Superchargers, but one thing people can't deny is they really do good balancing with these characters. I have a massive collection of figures, and from what I've seen... most are balanced enough as it is. We may think the balancing for a PVP mode would take forever, but knowing V.V. ...it's one of the few things they could get done fast.

@Dadskylanders Yeah, that is my same problem. I have almost seventy figures now, and I can't help but feel cheated with Superchargers. When you invest in a series like Skylanders, and you collect all of these figures, you're expecting to have a lot of replay value with this. I can't replay the entire story with every character.... it would be ridiculous. PVP may be asking a lot, but come on... the Arena mode has become a staple of the series, and removing it has badly damaged Superchargers, making it what could have been the best game in the series... the worst game in the series.
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#10 Posted: 04:37:49 23/12/2015
I don't think we'll get a pvp on this game. As others have said there's too many characters, it's way too much work to balance the characters. They'd have to at least section it off( cores, Giants, trap masters etc ) to make it balanced without branding down a lot of characters.

Even back in swap force they only did it by getting rid of all special effects. E.g. You can't freeze players with slam bam. You can't trap players in an orb with dune bug.

It was pretty lame coz a lot of skylanders need their special abilities to be good or fun.

If pvp does come back , it almost deserves a game on its own with the amount of work that would have to be done for it.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#11 Posted: 06:10:50 23/12/2015
Arena mode DLC would be incredible. It's definitely needed in order to push our superchargers to their full potential.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:11:10 23/12/2015 by Muffin Man
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#12 Posted: 13:48:09 23/12/2015
I would love arena and online PVP to be included. I'vw always mentioned that in things to get fixed. in superchargers.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me