Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Supercharger chase variants [CLOSED]
StrikerCamo Gold Sparx Gems: 2122
#1 Posted: 08:10:22 21/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Some lucky portal masters has been spotting the new lava lance eruptor chase variant in toys r us and apparently each toysrus got 1 this really stinks they only have one and the employees keep it to themselves i wish they would've had more i don't know if there will be more of the special green lave lance erupters at toys r us and today my store employee found one i went there and he told me about his luck and i was shocked but i'm happy for him i just hope they get more i guess its just the luck gamesmilie so do you have luck or do you know how rare /if there will be another chance to try to obtain one of the 4 green superchargers toys?
---
Be Sure To Check Out My Skylander Channel StrikerHero Camo!
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#2 Posted: 14:47:42 21/12/2015
Not to be offensive, but please use some punctuation rather than writing a huge run-on sentence that sounds more like a whiny rant.

It's best not to have your heart set on getting a chase variant. I've been collecting for years and haven't spotted one. Knowledgable employees snatching them up is nothing new. You're plain out of luck if you live near a store with an employee who understands what a chase variant is or an area highly populated with scalpers and/or collectors. On the bright side, there's plenty of stores across the country with mindless drones stocking the shelves who don't know what a Skylander is. What some collectors do is have employees open up the boxes containing the Skylanders assortment in front of them, but I assume you'd need to have a pretty cool relationship with employees at your store. If that doesn't work out, keep an eye out for GameStop bundles as it is standard practice for GameStop to pull chase variants from boxes rather than send them to stores. Although the bundling is a gray area described by many as a shady & deceptive business practice, it's not like GameStop employees would ever let a chase variant make it to the pegs if shipped to a store...it'd be up on eBay or in the hands of friends of employees in a heartbeat.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:11:12 21/12/2015 by mastermc54
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#3 Posted: 16:11:56 21/12/2015
Not every TRU gets one. This has been proven time and again...the Springtime felt variant being the only one where I think that happened. Chase means icing on the cake...it's not expected you're going to find one.
stinkbomb29 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1697
#4 Posted: 16:36:30 21/12/2015
Toys r Us just doesn't get sent to our stores. Our store near me had none.

The only time that happened when each TRU got the Flocked Springtime Trigger Happy a couple years ago during Swap Force!!

To those finding in store, I say awesome but until I find one it will be eBay for me if I decide to get it!!!
crstofer Emerald Sparx Gems: 4446
#5 Posted: 17:34:44 21/12/2015
i will just say my kid found more than a handful on the pegs at 2 local TRUs... They were emptied real quick on a half off day.. Hmmmmmm
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:39:28 21/12/2015 by crstofer
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#6 Posted: 18:22:08 21/12/2015
Quote: crstofer
i will just say my kid found more than a handful on the pegs at 2 local TRUs... They were emptied real quick on a half off day.. Hmmmmmm

Who knows how they load the boxes. Maybe the variants are granted based on sales volume...who knows.
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#7 Posted: 23:38:38 21/12/2015
Quote: mastermc54
it's not like GameStop employees would ever let a chase variant make it to the pegs if shipped to a store...it'd be up on eBay or in the hands of friends of employees in a heartbeat.

you have not meet my gamestop employees, half of them dont even know what you do with skylanders. im sure if they ever saw a chase variant they would just think its a new paint job and they will be getting more in soon, just like MTDC.
Skylandscaper Emerald Sparx Gems: 3966
#8 Posted: 02:12:50 22/12/2015
Too bad Gamestop takes them out before they send them to the stores.
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#9 Posted: 05:08:20 22/12/2015
Quote: Skylandscaper
Too bad Gamestop takes them out before they send them to the stores.

Yep. Chase variants do not make it to Gamestop stores unless it is by mistake. They don't send unopened cases to the stores from wwhat I have seen.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me