Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Idle Chatter > All-Purpose Marvel Cinematic Universe Topic Vol. 2!
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
All-Purpose Marvel Cinematic Universe Topic Vol. 2!
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#51 Posted: 04:09:42 14/04/2016
dS roadtrip so we can all watch CW together?
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#52 Posted: 04:12:34 14/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Lunarz

Nah, I can't. I made a sweet pact with two of my friends for every MCU film through Infinity War Part 2. ;~;
BUT THAT SWEET PACT IS THAT ME AND MY TWO FRIENDS (Let's call them Z and M) GET TO GO TO EVERY MCU PREMIERE IN IMAX
I BUY THE TICKETS
Z DRIVES
M BUYS THE DENNY'S AFTERWORDS
ITS PERFECT
#53 Posted: 04:15:21 14/04/2016
Quote: StriderSwag

Nah, I can't. I made a sweet pact with two of my friends for every MCU film through Infinity War Part 2. ;~;
BUT THAT SWEET PACT IS THAT ME AND MY TWO FRIENDS (Let's call them Z and M) GET TO GO TO EVERY MCU PREMIERE IN IMAX
I BUY THE TICKETS
Z DRIVES
ITS PERFECT

BUT WHAT IF J WANTS TO COME
WHAT IF J PROVIDES THE SICK BEATS AND DENNY'S COUPONS
---
#54 Posted: 04:35:27 14/04/2016 | Topic Creator

I BUY THE TICKETS
Z DRIVES
ITS PERFECT

3 ONLY
WE MADE THIS PACT AFTER I SAW GOTG WITH SOMEONE ELSE
I CANT BREAK IT
#55 Posted: 04:42:56 14/04/2016

I BUY THE TICKETS
Z DRIVES
ITS PERFECT

3 ONLY
WE MADE THIS PACT AFTER I SAW GOTG WITH SOMEONE ELSE
I CANT BREAK IT

WHAT IF I BUILD A SIDE CAR ONTO YOUR REGULAR CAR SO I'M IN A SEPARATE CAR AND I SIT A ROW BEHIND ALL OF YOU AND I EAT AT A DIFFERENT DENNY'S

ALSO SO I DON'T DERAIL THIS, HERE ARE SOME CIVIL WAR MOVIE CLIPS (sorry if these were posted somewhere in the topic already)

Ant-man obvious comic relief is obvious and i wouldnt have it any other way
---
#56 Posted: 11:29:24 14/04/2016

not news necessarily but I have never disagreed with this man

non spoiler
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#57 Posted: 11:40:56 14/04/2016

non spoiler

WHY DID HE GET TO SEE IT SO EARLY!?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#58 Posted: 11:52:39 14/04/2016
He goes to premieres and usually has reviews up days before initial releases due to pre-screenings.

I've never disagreed with any of his points.
---
#59 Posted: 11:54:25 14/04/2016
He goes to premieres and usually has reviews up days before initial releases due to pre-screenings.

I've never disagreed with any of his points.

Yeah I know but still unfair smilie
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#60 Posted: 15:50:15 14/04/2016 | Topic Creator

non spoiler

I just wanted to say that this topic was intended for discussion of the MCU, not just news!!
You guys can talk all you want about it, or post news, whatever floats your Marvel-themed boat.
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#61 Posted: 17:11:43 15/04/2016
mmmmmm dat RT score is pretty promising

[User Posted Image]
#62 Posted: 17:21:45 15/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf

[User Posted Image]

yesssss good
feed me more
#63 Posted: 17:24:42 15/04/2016

[User Posted Image]

yesssss good
feed me more

This good?

http://www.cinemablend.com/new...man-124987.html
---
#64 Posted: 17:42:12 15/04/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

[User Posted Image]

yesssss good
feed me more

This good?

http://www.cinemablend.com/new...man-124987.html

ahahahahahaha, i wasnt expecting civil war to beat batman v superman at the box office but i hope it happens

[User Posted Image]
#65 Posted: 17:49:09 15/04/2016 | Topic Creator
I want both of these in Infinity War.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
#66 Posted: 18:14:04 15/04/2016
I want both of these in Infinity War.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

The Thanocopter be in it and LOOK EXACTLY like that. No stupid "edgy movie" treatment.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#67 Posted: 19:59:09 15/04/2016
thanoscopter for infinity war
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#68 Posted: 21:17:24 15/04/2016
Inhumans got pushed back. Rip Royal Family.
#69 Posted: 21:48:25 15/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: somePerson
Inhumans got pushed back. Rip Royal Family.

For good reason though. Unless Inhumans is FANTASTIC, it'd probably leave a bad taste in people's mouths after Infinity War.
#70 Posted: 02:59:44 18/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Alright, I spent most of my day overhauling the graphics on the topic. Any transparent logos will be filled in once said piece of media releases. Enjoy your fresh new topic, kiddos.

But for now, I need to go. Finals are coming up and I want to avoid Civil War spoilers anyways. Until then, I'm going dark.
#71 Posted: 03:01:29 18/04/2016
Alright, I spent most of my day overhauling the graphics on the topic. Any transparent logos will be filled in once said piece of media releases. Enjoy your fresh new topic, kiddos.

But for now, I need to go. Finals are coming up and I want to avoid Civil War spoilers anyways. Until then, I'm going dark.

Good luck on your finals! See you when you get back!
---
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#72 Posted: 03:03:55 18/04/2016
I had sex during Thor: The Dark World and that's the only reason I thought it was good.
#73 Posted: 02:55:05 23/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Inhumans has been officially undated by Disney. Source in the Daily Bugle.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#74 Posted: 03:47:59 23/04/2016
http://collider.com/inhumans-movie-release-date-marvel/

GOD DAMMIT
#75 Posted: 19:53:27 29/04/2016 | Topic Creator
HOLY **** PUNISHER SPINOFF ANNOUNCED
LittleWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1715
#76 Posted: 19:14:45 01/05/2016
Just got out out of Civil War. Spoilers Below.
It may have been one of the best Marvel Films. It did seem a lot like an Avengers film even though it had some elements of a Captain America film in there. Luckily Marvel has finally produced a good villain hopefully being as good as Loki, Zemo had lots of potential and him revealing about the serum that creates unstable super soldiers was excellent and will probably mean a lot in the upcoming Marvel films. It didn't have a big spoiler, and it was more of an Age of Ultron follow up. It did have a very good scene with Cap stabbing Iron Man's ARK reacteor. Spider-Man was great, Tom Holland may be the best Spider-Man so far, stealing every scene he was in. Giant Man was great as well, and the way they took him down was a great omage to Star Wars.
---
****ing hell its been a long time
#77 Posted: 02:14:34 03/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Who want's a chronological timeline for the MCU up to Civil War?
Spoilers for everything ever through Ant-Man.
#78 Posted: 02:15:59 03/05/2016
Oh cool! I'll check it out tomorrow!
---
#79 Posted: 02:19:40 03/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Oh cool! I'll check it out tomorrow!

I've read up to the early 2000s now, and so far its VERY extensive.
I'll put it in the OP later tonight, too!!
#80 Posted: 15:22:17 04/05/2016
i wanna hug antman
#81 Posted: 21:12:14 05/05/2016 | Topic Creator
TODAYS THE DAY
#82 Posted: 21:13:37 05/05/2016
TODAYS THE DAY

*heavy hype breathing*
---
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#83 Posted: 01:55:32 06/05/2016
Saw Civil War tonight. It was good. I would give it a 7.5/10
#84 Posted: 06:11:13 06/05/2016 | Topic Creator
imo that was the best Marvel movie yet. Might have even trumped GOTG as my favorite. :0
Mini review incoming, no REAL spoilers, but still, fair warning.

-JESUS CHRIST THAT WAS THE BEST SPIDER-MAN WE'VE EVER HAD
-I didn't love how little Ant-Man and Hawkeye were in the film, but I guess I understand.
-Zemo is a fantastic villain, maybe better than Ultron.
-I loved how central to the plot Scarlet Witch was. I've always liked her, and she wasn't too great in AoU imo, but she really shined here.
-Can the Russo Brothers just direct everything Iron Man is in? They really really get him more than anyone else we've had so far.
-Black Panther's story arc in this film was amazing, and I'm really looking forward to his solo film.
-Those two end credits tho
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#85 Posted: 15:23:31 07/05/2016
OK BUT WAS I THE ONLY ONE WHO THOUGHT ZEMO LOOKED LIKE TOBEY MAGUIRE

- - -
#86 Posted: 20:56:05 07/05/2016
have you prayed to ANTS yet?
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#87 Posted: 14:22:54 08/05/2016
Just saw the film, and man, saying this is the best superhero movie I've ever seen would be an understatement.

Where am I even supposed to begin with this movie when I didn't even really have any flaws with it? I tend to throw out perfect scores a lot but very rarely do I see a film that I honestly think is completely flawless. Because from both a critical standpoint and just an enjoyable standpoint, there really isn't anything wrong with this movie at all.

First off, the Russo Brothers really know their stuff on how to direct a good movie. Their style was really unique and great in Winter Soldier and it's made even better here. They have this really gritty and real style of directing action that really flows with the camerawork. It's almost like a good form of shaky cam because the camerawork is in synch with the action on screen. And during the bigger fights they do a really good job of making the action flow a lot more steady. I really can't wait to see what the Russos do with Infinity War.

And the fact that these writers can handle making a great story with this many characters is astounding. Ever single character falls under this same conflict, as do every smaller subplot this film has. THIS is what Batman v. Superman should've done. If you have an overabundance of characters and subplots, make them relevant to the bigger story, don't spend too much time on them, and make them small so that they add to the experience instead of subtract.

And the writers did an excellent job with the whole Rogers vs. Stark thing. I was Team Cap going into the film and I still am, but watching the movie I understood both sides and I really wasn't sure which side I should take throughout the movie. Every character in this movie has a good reason for being on either side. You can both side for and against these characters and in both cases you're not going to feel wrong or right because both sides bring up fair points. It's fantastic that the writers were able to balance this so well.

Do I even have to go into why Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr. are great as Captain America and Iron Man? Both characters and actors do an excellent job on giving this grim and dark sense that the MCU hasn't had yet, while also giving us the typical Marvel fun and humor we're accustomed to. I love the chemistry that Rogers and Barnes have throughout the movie, and the chemistry Barnes has with other characters like Falcon. I don't really have to go too much into what I think about characters like Sam Wilson, James Rhodes, Clint Barton, and Natasha Romanoff are great and why their respective actors are great because we know they're going to do great already.

Now for some spoiler-related stuff:

Paul Bettany is fantastic as Vision. I love the style of humor he brought with his character, and seeing him in action again was great. Elizabeth Olson as Scarlet Witch I honestly thought was even better here than in Age of Ultron. I really enjoyed what she brought to the character and the conflict that her character had in the form of the movie's beginning. Paul Rudd is still freaking awesome as Ant-Man, and his humor is some of the best in the whole film.

Now for new characters. Chadwick Boseman did great as Black Panther. His introduction during the highway chase scene was freaking amazing, and his character was interesting and motivated. I thought Emily VanCamp did great as Sharon Carter as well. Even though she wasn't in the movie that much, I liked what she did bring on screen. I thought Frank Grillo as Crossbones was awesome, though kind of wasted potential in my opinion since I did want to see more of him. He did bring a great action sequence in the beginning of the film though. Daniel Bruhl did great as Helmut Zemo, and he might be one of the better villains Marvel has created. He's right behind Ultron and Loki in terms of how good he is. Finally, Tom Holland is awesome as Peter Parker. He has this perfect blend of what made Spider man so great in the past films, and I think I have to jump the bandwagon when I say he's the best Spider Man we've seen yet.

Do I really have to elaborate on why the action scenes and more impacting scenes are great? The scene where Stark find out Barnes killed his parents is excellent and handled extremely well. The scene where Scarlet Witch pushes Vision though an entire building was freaking amazing. As I said earlier, the highway scene where Black Panther was introduced was awesome. The very last scene where Rogers and Stark have their final showdown is great. Rhodes being accidentally paralyzed was tragic. Both post-credits scenes are great fanservice.

And finally, the airport fight scene. OH MY GOD, THIS IS THE BEST ACTION SEQUENCE I HAVE EVER SEEN. This fight is filmed exceptionally well. All the action and combat flow perfectly. Every single character has a great moment. Seeing Spider Man in this scene is amazing. All the humor and chemistry between the characters is literal perfection. Scarlet Witch has some awesome parts during this fight. The most perfect scene in this whole film was when Scott Lang turns into Giant Man and Peter Parker proceeds to scream "HOLY ****!" The entire sequence with Giant Man really was freaking amazing.

What else can I really say. Captain America: Civil War isn't just a perfect superhero movie, it's a perfect movie in general. It's very rare that a movie can really be this flawless, let alone live up to all the hype it has gotten. I have no doubt that this film is going to eventually become a film classic alongside films like The Avengers, The Dark Knight, and Spider Man 2 to name a few. On my scale, this movie abso-freaking-lutely gets a 10/10 score from me. There is little to nothing to dislike about the movie and is a movie that is most definitely a must see.

TL: DR- The movie is freaking perfect. 10/10. Go see it.
---
Cool cool.
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#88 Posted: 14:33:53 08/05/2016
My review:
0/10 no Nick Fury

But like really why isn't he in the film?
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#89 Posted: 16:40:34 08/05/2016
Incredible movie. Lived up to expectations. Did way more to hype me for a Black Panther movie than any kind of external marketing would've.

Quote: Mesuxelf
My review:
0/10 no Nick Fury

But like really why isn't he in the film?

I only just now realized they were missing.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#90 Posted: 04:13:14 09/05/2016
Loved Civil War so much. Favorite MCU movie so far. Had a perfect balance between seriousness and levity. I definitely hope Infinity War strikes the same sort of tone.
---
Boop me if you see this.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#91 Posted: 23:55:22 13/05/2016
Agent carter has been canceled.

**** it.
---
Dead
#92 Posted: 23:56:43 13/05/2016
Quote: mega spyro

Just like her life

Civil War was amazing!
---
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#93 Posted: 02:09:03 15/05/2016
Just saw Civil War today. Freaking loved it! Spider-Man was spectacular (all pun intended) and Black Panther might just be my new favorite MCU character. Holy crap! Everyone did fantastic. Both issues were presented as equals. There was no clear answer and I honestly couldn't straight up go with one or the other. Although I will say...
Cap, why didn't you freeze Bucky waaaaaaay earlier. Like, after he blew up the UN, killing the King of Wakanda... Jesus.
I wouldn't say it's my favorite Marvel movie, but it is certainly up there
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#94 Posted: 04:08:20 15/05/2016
My only problem with T'Chilla was that he was Gary Stuish. I hope they give him more negative traits in his movie but that would be against the Black Panther character. :/
#95 Posted: 05:43:07 15/05/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd
Just saw Civil War today. Freaking loved it! Spider-Man was spectacular (all pun intended) and Black Panther might just be my new favorite MCU character. Holy crap! Everyone did fantastic. Both issues were presented as equals. There was no clear answer and I honestly couldn't straight up go with one or the other. Although I will say...
Cap, why didn't you freeze Bucky waaaaaaay earlier. Like, after he blew up the UN, killing the King of Wakanda... Jesus.
I wouldn't say it's my favorite Marvel movie, but it is certainly up there

But he didnt blow up the UN or kill the King, plus he's Cap's best friend and Cap would keep him unfrozen because of that aspect even if he had done it

-----
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#96 Posted: 02:24:37 16/05/2016
Yeah, so I saw Civil War on Friday night and I thought it was quite enjoyable.

For some reason I got a huge kick out of Martin Freeman as Everett Ross; so I guess we're seeing more of him in Black Panther or something? I actually found that of the "main characters" I enjoyed Daniel Brühl as Helmut Zemo the most, even though I'm given to understand he is absolutely nothing like his comic book counterpart. It was just refreshing that in a movie filled with ridiculous superheroes doing crazy stuff, you have a former special ops guy who manages to beat them from within. Not to mention he's basically the only villain in the MCU to "win" so to speak.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:25:18 16/05/2016 by HIR
#97 Posted: 06:55:03 19/05/2016 | Topic Creator
I updated OP with the news about Agent Carter, Most Wanted, Moon Knight, Blade, and Ghost Rider.
#98 Posted: 18:21:43 20/05/2016
http://www.comingsoon.net/movi...etails-revealed

-----
---
DrobotMewTwo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1852
#99 Posted: 06:11:27 05/06/2016
Hey guys! How would you guys feel about Nova appearing in Phase 3? I want Sam Alexander.
---
" C'mon, Ortensia. Doesn't everybody deserve a second chance? "- Oswald the Lucky Rabbit
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me