darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Lost save after updating to 1.2.0 iOS
Page 1 of 1
Lost save after updating to 1.2.0 iOS
mR_CaESaR Yellow Sparx Gems: 1310
#1 Posted: 03:52:55 12/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Did anyone come across this?

Is normal to lose a save when updating to the latest version of the game?

I updated this morning and I lost all save, I was up to chapter 20 or something and now I'm back to the beginning, weird thing is, it's showing I've got x amount of Skylanders and my instant Skylanders are levelled up somewhat...

It even asked me to unlock the game again.

I just want to start mining my gold again smilie

Anybody else experience this or know how to get my save back?
#2 Posted: 04:09:36 12/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Just loaded up different skylanders and I now have to redownload them!

What a real PITA!

Is this going to happen every update?
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#3 Posted: 11:10:22 12/12/2015
In another topic,someone's collection got scrambled entirely, so it seems to be tied to this update. Might be better to downgrade if possible and wait for 1.2.1.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#4 Posted: 01:27:57 13/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Too late to downgrade.

Yeah my collection is a shamble. There's references to a "special" blackout, I've got a whole heap of legendary items I never had before... It was mess..

I'm not too fussed any more since I got to the academy, I just wanted to mine gold easy.

Also got to unlock all the racing sections even though I haven't put any trophy on including the land one.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#5 Posted: 02:36:51 13/12/2015
Yup, the other user said it seems to have the trophy unlocked on launch like they always had it,and tons of weird special tag skylanders as well.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#6 Posted: 16:13:57 23/12/2015
This happened to me.

So it was the game. I think at least
When I updated the game (or the Xbox or whatever) all my profiles were gone and now I have to restart. What a great Christmas Gift smilie
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Advisor_Orville Yellow Sparx Gems: 1083
#7 Posted: 05:20:06 25/12/2015
This is an issue with iOS 1.2.0. To avoid the problem, after updating to 1.2.0, you must put Hot Streak on the portal on the title screen ("tap to start") to re-unlock the full game. If you don't do this, and proceed to difficulty select screen, and select a difficulty, your save slot 1 will be overwritten.
jlieu Red Sparx Gems: 59
#8 Posted: 06:25:04 26/12/2015
Quote: Advisor_Orville
This is an issue with iOS 1.2.0. To avoid the problem, after updating to 1.2.0, you must put Hot Streak on the portal on the title screen ("tap to start") to re-unlock the full game. If you don't do this, and proceed to difficulty select screen, and select a difficulty, your save slot 1 will be overwritten.

With1.2.0, is the game no longer being unlocked with any Hot Streak?

Sadly I've wasted time playing through again to chapter 5 using a toy Hot Streak the entire time and the game would never unlock. When you re enter, nothing is saved and you start all over again picking your difficulty. Very frustrating.

I tried it again to unlock from the beginning/start screen; but again, the game would not register.

Kids would love to play Skylanders on iOS; but even Trap Team is constantly crashing on the newest iOS...so we can't even finish the first stage on Trap Team either.
Advisor_Orville Yellow Sparx Gems: 1083
#9 Posted: 22:18:05 26/12/2015
Yes any Hot Streak should still unlock the game. If you are making it to Chapter 5, it sounds like the full game should be saving. You could try playing through Chapter 5 to make sure it saves. If you get to the "tap to start" screen, and tap and it gives you the difficulty screen, I would kill the app and restart and try putting hot streak on portal on "tap to start" screen (to re-unlock the game). Then maybe you'll get the load game screen after tapping to start.

Yes Trap Team does not function properly on iOS 9 on iPad mini 2 and higher or iPad Air or higher, due to changes in iOS 9.
jlieu Red Sparx Gems: 59
#10 Posted: 23:13:04 26/12/2015
Will give it a retry later today. Don't think you can start chapter 5 unless it is unlocked; but it is starting from scratch each time with the "unlock full game" ad on lower right despite using Hot Streak. Will try again later.

Yep, it is a mini/mini 2. Hoping for update on this soon.

Thanks again.
#11 Posted: 03:22:23 29/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Advisor_Orville

Just to stop this from happening in the future, is it best to have a save on the other slots?

Wonder if it's possible to copy a save from slot 1 to slot 4...

Finally, does anyone know if my theory of "iCloud" is correct (I haven't had an iOS device in over 5 years) in terms of if I connect to iCloud with my save from this game and then load up another game on another iOS device, use my iCloud details and then should I be able to "continue" on from where I last saved on my other device?
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me