Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > DarkSpyro: The Character Catastrophie (AVATAR MISSHAP SPIN-OFF)
First | Previous | Page 6 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
DarkSpyro: The Character Catastrophie (AVATAR MISSHAP SPIN-OFF) [CLOSED]
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8605
#251 Posted: 02:54:23 19/01/2016
'Wait! Let me try something...,' Darin/Red telepathically communicated on a broad spectrum. He had a plan though it would also require the mental strength of Prex to truly succeed.

'Prex... can you hear me? I know you are in there! If you can hear me, follow my voice! Fight back and regain control of yourself! Just follow my voice...,' he attempted to telepathically communicate to the turned user.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8081
#252 Posted: 03:15:49 19/01/2016
I felt guilty as I noticed the full weight of our situation sinking onto Skyhunter's shoulders. I truly hoped that my fears weren't unfounded- I wouldn't like to have my irrational worries spill onto other people. That was my problem alone to bear.
I had to do a double take as Skyhunter pointed to Prex's face. I forced myself to look head-on. And the result nearly gave me a heart attack. It appeared my anxieties were coming true.
"Prex!" I yelped. Immediately I loathed the crack in my voice that had escalated it to a higher pitch. My mind raced as I tried to figure out what to do.
"Okay, staying cool and calm is a good first step..." I assured myself after a few quick breaths. Saying "Don't let it control you!" aloud seemed like a silly suggestion. I was at a loss.
Unfortunately, it was too little, too late. Chills locked my legs, it felt, as Prex disappeared into the foliage. Keeping her distance was rational, but nonetheless...
"PREEXXX!" I cried out, fearing the worst. Warmth flooded through my legs and I jolted forward, wings flailing as I took a tumble into the grass. I couldn't lose her! This couldn't be happening!
The world buzzed around me as I laid there, my brain overwhelmed with panic, loss and general pain. Would I ever be the leader AM Shadmé was? I doubted it. All I could feel now was the ache of worthlessness.
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
EyeBrawler2014 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3429
#253 Posted: 03:30:20 19/01/2016
I quickly got up and ran to Skyhunter. First thing I did was give him the hug. "Ok, now if we hurry, maybe we can use DETERMINATION to save her. It worked on Asriel..." I said, remembering what my character went through. "You all have it because you all have souls. I will only be able to keep Prex calm as you guys fix this... Asriel doesn't have a soul to help you guys... He had died long before the events of Undertale..." I said before following Shadme.
---
Find me on Discord, I'm eyebrawler98#6720
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8954
#254 Posted: 03:40:42 19/01/2016
"Shadme!" As my angelic ally fell to the ground, I knew what she was going through. Prex was one of her closest friends, even an introvert like me could see that, and I could tell that she was going through the despair I had just a few moments ago. "Sh-shadme?" I whispered, crouching down to her. "I know it may seem bleak, but we'll get through this if we stick together. We'll get Prex back, trust me." But I myself was having trouble believing what I was saying. That might've been true in the AM, but we weren't roleplaying now. This was real.

I looked up at Austin. Even though I had no idea what he was talking about, it still sounded convincing enough to invigorate me. "You go on ahead, I'll catch up" I nodded at him. I wasn't going to leave Shadme in her current state.
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
ShadeTheDragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#255 Posted: 04:19:40 19/01/2016
I stay put since my oc Durza didn't have a soul ether.
---
I am the Ultimate Dragon
first rp I've created is accepting so please do join it's called Worlds Unite! The pelage is reborn (dead space rp) open
#256 Posted: 04:41:03 19/01/2016
I nodded and went on ahead to find Prex. I only hoped that I could help her even without a soul.
---
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#257 Posted: 14:06:10 19/01/2016
"Austin, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about," Storm said. "What we need is some sort of plan. A simple plan. Like step 1, find out what Prex is up to. Step 2, find some way to turn her—or him—back to normal, and step 3, never listen to the voices in our heads." She spread her wings. "Sky, I'm guessing you've got Shadmé taken care of. I'll follow Prex from the sky." She took a running start and leaped into the air. However, she didn't see any sign of Prex. Wasn't she in the forest? She didn't see where the skeleton had gone at all. Instead, she angled her flight lower into the forest.

It turns out that the forest definitely isn't the best place to fly. Storm was covered in scratches from the branches of trees and bushes, and she still couldn't see Prex anywhere. "I probably overshot her position," she whispered to herself. She grabbed onto a tree while flying and turned around. She still didn't see a sign of anyone, but she turned her head just early enough to see a massive oak in front of her and just too late to do anything about it. She crashed into the tree and blacked out.

When she opened her eyes, she was back in her cat form. She was somehow on a branch somewhere in the forest. Her amulet was on another branch from a different tree. This probably means something bad. Prex got lost and now she's a crazy evil skeleton in this forest.

((Quick question: When do we unlock new avatars?))
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#258 Posted: 19:10:24 19/01/2016
"i want to help but I can't. i feel so useless." i say to myself aloud.
---
I am the Ultimate Dragon
first rp I've created is accepting so please do join it's called Worlds Unite! The pelage is reborn (dead space rp) open
prextail202 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4039
#259 Posted: 21:10:58 19/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Wh-Whoever this is, I can hear you!! I tried to say, though it only ended up by thought. Good thing was, Darx couldn't pick this up, strangely.

He (( think I'll give Darx the gender of whatever character it is.)) soon heard the rusting of the others running towards him. He smirked with his sharp toothed smile. "Come out come out wherever you are.." He said with a chuckle. He walked through the woods, and happened to see where Shadme had ran. He grinned almost psychotically "Like the new look?" He asked with a chuckle, looking at her, one eye socket empty and the other with a red glow. He rose his skeletal hand, and blocking the path to run away with a wall of bones that erupted from the ground. A look at what Sans's attacks from the game would look like in real life I suppose. "What are you gonna do now, huh?" He asked the trapped user. "There's no resetting a kill now." He joked. "Oh, I'm gonna have a great time with this, cant say the same for you though"

((Really depending in the environment around you or when a fight needs something to counteract it smilie ))
---
di ****n molto or whatever I guess
#260 Posted: 22:16:18 19/01/2016
Plain and simple. Just jump from tree to tree... Storm comforted herself. She jumped from her perch on the oak and landed on another branch. She jumped again, but this time her aim was off. Now her hind legs were dangling, but at least her front claws were firmly hooked in the bark. Oh, mouse! Wait, did she mean to say that? What kind of insult was "mouse"?

Shadme. Shadme. Where's Shadme? another voice firmly repeated. Then there was another voice, light but still firm. They don't have a use anymore. Take what you want and run. Another voice much like her current one but deeper replied, Yeah, best to run. You know how that skeleton was corrupted. Don't let that happen to you. A harsh and rough voice replied, Heh. Run. You're strong enough to stand and fight. A final thought with a quiet voice like a snake's hiss laughed. This is interesting. I'll have to wait on this.

"Okay seriously. VIRUS IF YOU'RE IN HERE SOMEWHERE JUST ATTACK ALREADY!" Storm yelled. This was met by a laugh in with all six of the voices in her head.

((Yep, her avatars are failing with taking over.))
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#261 Posted: 22:44:33 19/01/2016
I barked in alarm as the ground rumbled and a wall of bones erupted from below, separating me from Shadme. What happened? The bones looked strong- someone's been drinking their milk, I guess -and I doubted a simple headbash would shatter them. I looked up, and got a bit of a spook at what I saw. Standing over my friend-turned-angel was Prex, only it wasn't Prex. A darker, more sinister skeleton than her took her place, and I though I might've not known the character, I knew who I was looking at. Even if Prex was under that aura of malice, it didn't stop me from baring my vulpine teeth in an audible growl. I made my presence known to the possessor.

"Darx, I presume."
---
#262 Posted: 00:53:23 20/01/2016
I was barely past Foxtail when the bone wall was put up. "Prex! Fight it! Take back control!" I yelled
---
#263 Posted: 02:48:06 20/01/2016
I looked up fearfully, eyes locking with Skyhunter's. I tried to apply some sort of meaning to his words- he's comforting me, he's helping me, we'll get through this- but truly, they passed through one ear and then out the other. I didn't know if anything that anybody could say to me would alleviate this. What effect did words have against viruses corrupting a virtual reality? Corrupting our friends?
I had no knowledge of what to do. This wasn't something like in the role play, where we could work behind the scenes to create situations for our characters to power through and conquer. There was always a way out when it was just a story. But when it was real, there were no guarantees. Perhaps she could be saved, perhaps she couldn't.
Now, now. A wave of calm overtook my shuddering shoulders. Are you willing to give up so easily? There could be no solution, but conversely, it is possible there is one. Are you going to sit here and cry in front of someone you've just met?
Indeed, my cheeks were a bit wet. I'd cried silent tears without my own knowledge. Feeling my heartbeat return to normal, I decided to stop being worthless. I had to try. For Prex.
"Thank you for staying here, Skyhunter," I told the user, my voice a volume just above a whisper. "I needed that. Let's go now. Before we lose-"
"Like the new look?"
I was interrupted by a low, gravelly voice as bones spiked up from the ground, separating me from the one who'd brought me comfort. I heard the voice continue to speak behind me, calmly dishing out taunts I had no interest in returning.
"N-no!" I choked out, first grasping at the bars and shaking them. When I got no results, I whirled around to see if there was another way out. Instead, I came face-to-face with a very scary Sans. Or as we'd dubbed it in Avatar Mishap...
"Darx." I heard Skyhunter's voice. My wings shuddered. What were our options now?
---
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#264 Posted: 04:37:05 20/01/2016
"Prex!" I yelled, drawing a sword and running towards the skeleton. Even with all my speed, the wall went up right before I could get in, hitting me in the gut as I flew up.

I screamed as I flew, landing next to the small fox I knew was Skyhunter. I picked myself up with my sword and groaned, before brushing off my pain and charging the wall of bones. I focused on my soul gem and getting through the wall, then shot dozens of swords towards the wall. With any luck, the wall would crack or break, and I could fight my way in.
#265 Posted: 05:47:18 20/01/2016
I looked at the wall for any spot small enough to squeeze through. "Maybe I can get in there" I thought as I searched for a opening
---
#266 Posted: 13:04:24 20/01/2016
((My phone doesn't want me to post. It crashed on me twice.))

Rayna. This time, don't fly. Run. Like a horse. Leap, then put one foot down at a time. Thankfully, whatever voices were in her head decided to be peaceful. I'm blocking the others out. Make sure Shadmé is safe for me, okay?

Storm didn't need any more confirmation. She dropped down from the tree and scurried up the tree with her amulet. She flicked one paw up and grabbed the amulet, then she jumped down. By the time she touched the forest floor, she was a dragon again.

There was no need for the voice to repeat what it said. Storm leaped up. One foot down, then another, then the last two and repeat. Soon, she was close enough to hear what the others were saying. "Darx," one voice growled. Then there was a pandemonium of groaning and yelling. That didn't sound good at all.

I'm noticing some bones. They're formed like a wall.

That's pretty obvious, Storm thought.

But still weird.

Once she was closer, Storm could make out more details. There was insane skeleton, and Sky, Austin and Shadmé, and that one guy with the swords. The voice had told her to protect Shadmé. Anyone who says that can't be all that bad...all she needed was an awesome speech to go with it.

Her reply was a bit belated, but it is impossible to come up with a good speech in a couple of seconds. "Darx!" she yelled, leaping into the air. "I am Rayna, the shapeshifter who needs a better title! You have turned on my friends, and I'm not letting that go unnoticed. You are turning us against ourselves, and for that you must pay!" However, she didn't judge her leap, and she crashed right into the bone wall and landed next to Shadmé. "Did I do well on my speech?"
---
#267 Posted: 16:38:32 20/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Darx chuckled, oh how he enjoyed the fright in the other user's eyes. It was all that negative energy of anger and worry that powered him. Though, one user in particular, he didnt seem to like. The disadvantage of Undertale was that DETERMINATION seemed to be a very godlike force. Strider had shown this by getting back up right away after being hit, and Darx didnt like this. This user had shown that they harnessed the power of DETERMINATION, and the Underfell skeleton glared at them, this gave them the chance to break through the bone wall as the DETERMINATION weakened Darx's powers a little. He gave Strider a look of disgust, then smirked, "You really think you'd be able to take me on?" He added, "I'll make you a deal, one of you challenge me, on a one to one match. If you win, I'll let Prex free, and if you loose, you're gonna have a bad time." He chuckled.
---
#268 Posted: 16:54:46 20/01/2016
I gritted my teeth for a moment. Surely I could take on this evil Sans guy, right? Undertale is a bullet hell game, with the speed of a magical girl, it shouldn't be THAT difficult, right?

"I accept your challenge!" I yelled. Stabbing my sword into the ground, hopefully making myself look a little bit more intimidating and cool.

It's hard to say what I was feeling at that moment. On one hand, if I lost, I might die, so I felt somewhat fearful. But on the other, I knew I had to save Prex, even if it meant taking on this evil virus infecting her form all by myself. This filled me with determination.

"I'll take on a thousand of you if I have to, but I won't lose!" I bellowed. "Don't think you've got the upper hand here! I won't be giving up!"
#269 Posted: 21:40:10 20/01/2016
I tried to control my anger the best I could. Just by looking at him, I could tell what Darx was like. He was the type that would take advantage of his opponents' rage to gain the upper hand. I may have a short fuse, but I was DETERMINED to not let this despicable demon get to me. He was nothing more than a lowly troll. I looked over at Strider, pumped and ready for battle. She knew this could spell her doom, and yet she stood strong, boasting in the face of death itself. Truly inspiring! It gave me a sort of confidence and fiery courage in my heart. But rather than immediately challenging the possessed Prex, I opted to start with some good old-fashioned, Foxtail brand trash talk.

"I see how it is," I commented from the sidelines, a sly smirk on my face and a glint in my eyes. "Too weak and helpless to fight us yourself, so you gotta resort to having someone else throw your punches, eh? Pfft. Lame..." Though I didn't show it, I was a little nervous saying something so bold to something so menacing. I could've been digging my own grave. After all, at the end of the day, I was just a fox with a gun.
---
#270 Posted: 21:49:56 20/01/2016
I got tired of standing by. I charged in stepping on the wall of bones making a loud snapping sound as i crushed it. I was angry. "Who are you coward and what have you done with Prex?"
---
I am the Ultimate Dragon
#271 Posted: 22:33:52 20/01/2016
"Prex!! You can fight this!," Darin/Red yelled coming out as a screech. 'Please... focus on my voice. We're friends... just focus on my voice and come back to your friends. Come back to your old self... you can do it!,' he telepathically projected.
---
#272 Posted: 00:06:05 21/01/2016
When the wall was broken, I ran up to Drax. "Let her go! Take me instead!" I said as I got on my knees and held out my arms to my sides. Hopefully Drax would take the bait, or at least I would buy them some time when he destroyed me.
---
#273 Posted: 00:28:13 21/01/2016
"So what's it gonna be, huh? Fight me, or take on all of us?" I said. Now I was just brimming with confidence, hopefully that overabundance wouldn't be my own downfall.
"Either way, there's no way in hell that I'm gonna make this easy for you."
#274 Posted: 00:37:49 21/01/2016
"Excuse me." Storm grabbed Austin's shirt in her teeth. "We are not planning to just randomly throw our lives away for no purpose." Lowering her voice, she said, "Unless this is a ploy. If so, go ahead and nice job."
---
#275 Posted: 02:25:41 21/01/2016
"Trust me" I whispered before pulling my sweater out of Storm's grasp and going back to my previous position.
---
#276 Posted: 21:16:40 21/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Darx was about to start the fight with Strider, but all the DETERMINATION, all the people who cared and wanted me to get free.
If it was even possible, I would have became DETERMINED too, but it's not possible for a monster to hold that power. But, maybe another word could be used for this...

HOPE.

You're not hurting anyone Darx... Darin was probably able to hear me speak to Darx, and with the power of HOPE, something happened.

Darx could feel an odd feeling somewhat like pain as he collapsed to his knees. "You damn idiot! Stop it!!" He shouted, and soon the glow in his eyesocket flashed blue, but more like a blue fire, rather than a blue light. Was it possible that I myself had gained DETERMINATION, though it was causing me to change?A flurry of blue pixels swarmed around and red pixels quickly drifted away in the wind as Darx had managed to escape my body, and form himself a physical form somewhere else, not to be found for a while. Though possibly soon. He was still Underfell Sans, and not defeated, yet...

Standing in place after that happened was a very dazzed black haired boy who seemed to be around 15 years of age. His ears were slightly pointy and he, strangely had a black tail behind him. A sheath containing a sword at his side as well. I held a hand to my head, feeling dizzy as I saw the last red pixels disappear in the distance.

"I feel..Dizzy..." I muttered before accidentally stumbling and tripping. "Ehehe...Ooops.." I didnt even quite realize, with the DETERMINATION, it allowed me to gain a form that wasn't possess able by Darx.

I was none other than Rin Okumera.
---
#277 Posted: 21:36:30 21/01/2016
"Well, we must have done SOMETHING right." I said, crossing my arms. It looked like Prex changed forms, but how? Back to the matter at hand, Prex's weird possession could have hurt a lot of people if they hadn't have transformed like that. Being forced to watch as what was once your own body almost slaughters your companions? That's gotta be traumatic.

"You okay?" I asked as I extended a hand to Prex's new form. "Can you teach me how to do that?"
#278 Posted: 00:06:17 22/01/2016
Ha! It actually worked! Score one for the Avatar team!

As Darx released his grip on our friend and drifted away in a swarm of pixels, I couldn't help but grin. "Yeah, that's right! You BETTER run, you little bastard!" I triumphantly shouted after him, feeling on top of the world. Though admittedly, I was a little disappointed he went down without a fight. Oh, well. After I was done gloating, I looked over at who I could only assume was Prex, and was surprised to find not Sans, but somebody else entirely. A young dark haired boy with a sword at his side and- is that a tail? -laid on the ground, very dazed by the looks of it. I couldn't blame him, I'd probably feel pretty woozy after being possessed too. I can't say I recognized him, but like Strider, I was curious; could this be another of Prex's avatars? Okay, stupid question, but still. Even though she was freed from Darx's control, I was still wary. Back in AM, sometimes a user would get temporary amnesia following an avatar change, and considering that she had a long lethal blade now, I didn't want to get on her bad side.

"Prex? I tentatively asked, slowly stepping forward, keeping a safe distance. "Are you still, well, you?"

[Could I switch my third character from Scout to Webber?]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:15:10 22/01/2016 by Skyhunter
#279 Posted: 00:20:50 22/01/2016 | Topic Creator
I got up with the help of Strider's aid. Getting back up on my feet, it felt really odd to have flesh and the whole works again, and not just bone. It was gonna get a little tough to get used to being a breathing being again. I hope it didnt take too long!
"Y-Yeah, I think..." I added, and blinked, "Woah, I'm Rin!!" I said, shocked, "Well, this could be useful!" I added with a grin of happiness. "First of all, Rin is pretty hard to possess! He is the son of a pretty powerful force." I said, not revealing who his father exactly was yet. I put my hand to my forehead again, "Ugh...Maybe I should just kinda sit down for a bit.." I added, and leaned up against a tree before sitting down on the ground. Looking to my left I blinked as I saw a semi smashed wall of humongous bones.

"Did I...Do THAT?!" I asked, shocked. "Eheh...I really didnt wanna give you guys a bad time...Sorry for running away..."

((Yeah, sure!))
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:23:29 22/01/2016 by prextail202
#280 Posted: 00:32:57 22/01/2016
"It's fine. You're safe. Darx is gone for now. You've unlocked an awesome new form. Why are you so unhappy?" Storm asked.

Why don't I get to be unlocked? a voice asked. I can be just as good as a tailed human.

Stop it... another voice replied. I'm first.
---
#281 Posted: 00:38:39 22/01/2016
Darin/Red screeched, showing his support. He thought back to his avatars-- and possibly future forms. 'At least I might be able to speak if that happens.,' he thought.
---
#282 Posted: 00:56:53 22/01/2016 | Topic Creator
((I have a feeling that Rin would be able to hear Darin's screeches as words. There's a demon cat in the anime called Kuro, and Rin hears Kuro's meows as words smilie ))
---
#283 Posted: 01:17:08 22/01/2016
OoC: Hey Storm, have you tried typing your post on Notes and then copy and pasting them over? That's what I do for my RP posts.

"Y-yeah... good speech..." I chuckled nervously to Storm. It was good to have a friend to share my pain. Wait, that didn't sound right. Oh well.
Due to the fact I was already on edge due to Darx's possession, Shade shattering my bone prison made me shake even more. The bone snapping sounded unnatural, especially since it was right in my ears. "Dude!" I squeaked indignantly. "You could have crushed me and Storm!"
Despite that, I was relieved to be free. My relief extended as Darx released his hold on Prex and faded off into who-knew-where. I wasn't quite sure that Greeny and Skyhunter could have fought it, so I was pleased enough that we got through the situation without injury.
Prex seemed to have suffered a side effect from the separation of her and Darx- an avatar change. I didn't know her new form too well, and the appearance was quite unnerving, but after she mentioned that her new form couldn't be possessed, I let go of my worries about it. I had a headcanon in Avatar Mishap that Shadmé could not get possessed, and that had gotten me quite far. Hopefully, Prex should have better luck this time around.
"Don't worry about the... bad time..." I attempted to console her. "You just kind of trapped me behind some bones. I'm perfectly fine. See?" I spread my arms, not a scratch to be found.
---
#284 Posted: 01:28:00 22/01/2016
"Yeah, you kinda did" I chuckled. "No hard feelings." I gave a sigh of great relief to see that Shadme had survived that encounter unscathed, feeling a great weight taken off my furry chest. "Yeah, glad to see you're alright" I mentioned to her, then looked to the skies where Darx had retreated. Though I wanted to think otherwise, my instincts told me that wouldn't be the last we saw of him. Doppelgangers almost never went down that easily, and it was only towards the end of the AM that we were able to give them the axe. "Do you think we should go after him?" I asked contemplatively.
---
#285 Posted: 01:34:12 22/01/2016
I smiled as everyone comforted Prex. I tried to get up, but fell in pain. It turns out that when the bones were destroyed, a shard flew into my left leg. "Sorry to interrupt, but we have a small goat child down." I said, smiling from how I said it, but in pain from the injury.
---
#286 Posted: 01:45:26 22/01/2016
"Austin!" I immediately was at my friend's side. "Are you alright? What happened?" I was beginning to panic; could Austin be getting corrupted now?
---
#287 Posted: 01:59:23 22/01/2016
"Dragon transportation service?" Storm suggested. "I'm definitely sure I could carry someone. Especially seeing the ease that I picked you up earlier. Glad it didn't come to your ploy. You could have been hurt even worse."

WHAT ARE YOU KIDDING ME DRAGONS ARE NOT BEASTS OF BURDEN! Storm instinctively dropped when the hissing-voice spoke. Was it even possible for a voice to shout? If it was, then that's what this one was doing.
---
#288 Posted: 03:32:16 22/01/2016
I smiled sheepishly and said "sorry. I guess I just got angry about being so useless." I whent over to Austin "Shiacugon!" I scanned him and said "He has a bone fragment loged in his leg. I can fix him but to do that is to advanced for me at the moment. I'll do what I can though. just hold still."
---
I am the Ultimate Dragon
#289 Posted: 03:46:27 22/01/2016
"It would give us something to do," I responded neutrally to Skyhunter's question. What I had in mind was, instead, traveling to investigate the patterns of the land that we were stuck in. We'd tried out our powers already, with various results. Though it would be a good thing to continue to hone our powers just in case Darx or someone else showed up, I wasn't about to go against my earlier advice and put anyone else at risk. Prex had drained herself with one move. Who knew what character's like Shade's OC would do if they ran out of energy and let themselves vulnerable? No, it would probably be best to try and work with other things we could affect.
If this world were like the one from Avatar Mishap, with night and day cycles, then we'd have to find a place to settle down when night eventually did fall. I fondly remembered one of the first misadventures from AM, where my character had discovered a hollow that could be used for shelter, and all the time spend to try and get every single member of the group in one place. No easy task, that was for sure.
I'd have to notify everyone of this at a better time, though. Eyebrawler seemed to be injured. And I soon felt a flash of embarrassment. "You don't need to apologize," I told Shade. "You're the one who got me out of there, after all. It was rude of me to yell. I'm sorry about that." I stood a little ways off as everyone crowded around Eyebrawler, especially concerned after Skyhunter brought up the chance of corruption. Apologies to them, but I didn't want to be right in the middle of it if the worst were to happen.
---
#290 Posted: 03:56:56 22/01/2016
"Its ok Evan" I said to relax him. "I won't be corrupted by a shard of bone in the leg" I said with a smile
---
#291 Posted: 04:11:58 22/01/2016
I took a deep breath and pulled the shard out. keeping calm (which is a merical in itself) I breath white fire on the wound but it didn't burn it. it healed it, it was the healing technique known as sacred fire.
---
I am the Ultimate Dragon
#292 Posted: 04:12:44 22/01/2016
"Good" I smiled back. I tried to find solace in the belief that he wouldn't be easily swayed by dark forces. Austin was one of the most innocent people I knew. Still, I regretted I couldn't do much for his wound. If only I could get Foxtail's bio-powers working, then I could heal it with the essence of life he could radiate at will. But I couldn't even move a simple stone, and like Prex demonstrated, it might've been best that I didn't strain myself with that elemental prowess. Thankfully, Shade already had that covered by the looks of it.

And Shadme was right. We needed to find some kind of shelter before it got too dark out, and survive in the wild until we found some sign of civilization. Thankfully, Foxtail's pretty much an expert on wilderness survival! So, if I just follow his instincts, this would be a piece of cake!

It was then that a peculiar smell greeted my nostrils as I sniffed the air. "Hey, do you guys smell something burning?" I asked, unaware that as I spoke, my front paws had spontaneously caught fire!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:13:20 22/01/2016 by Skyhunter
#293 Posted: 04:32:47 22/01/2016
Suddenly, the paws of the fox in front of me just caught on fire.
Why did they do that?
How did it happen?
Was it his fault?
Who even knows the answers to these questions?
"OKAY DUDE, YOU ARE LITERALLY ON FIRE RIGHT NOW!" I blurted out, panicking, I tried to find a source of water tor a great gust of wind to dowse the flames, but to no avail. Was the poor guy just gonna burn like that? He only smelled something burning, and he didn't say he felt anything, maybe it was some sort of spontaneous combustion, or a power or something? I'd seen enough X-Files to know where this was going... maybe.
"PUT OUT YOUR HANDS BEFORE YOU DIE AND THE FBI COMES!"
#294 Posted: 04:37:21 22/01/2016
I giggled at Strider's reaction. "Its ok, Foxtail has powers like that." I said as I looked at Evan "So, how did you get that to work?"
---
#295 Posted: 04:54:25 22/01/2016
I stopped for a minute to think. Between foxes that light on fire, evil possessed video game characters, and me and my friends turning into fictional characters, my brain was absolutely fried. Nothing about this really made any sense, and I'd been here for what, only a few hours? We needed to rest, especially since it was going to get dark soon.

"I say we survey the area a bit, find a good campsite, and settle down there. We can sleep in shifts in case any weird stuff happens." I said. Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain in my abdomen. Crap, it must have been where the wall hit me as it was going up! If I didn't feel it much before, I sure as hell did now. I tried to play it off cool, but most likely winced a little in pain.

"We have wounded, and based on Prex's collapse after transforming, it must take a lot of energy. We really need to rest up before we keep going." I leaned on a tree for a bit of support. That wall really hurt, and it felt like it might've broken a few ribs. Luckily, soul gems can heal their users pretty easily, so hopefully I'd be better soon.

"I'd be a lot more help If I knew how to transform, I put in an avatar that would be pretty useful in surveying. Skyhunter, when we find a campsite, you can start a fire for us, right? Does it work that way?"
#296 Posted: 13:12:10 22/01/2016
Oh great. We don't just have a fox with a gun, but we have a Powerclaw fox with a gun. Seriously. No prevous hint? No flame patterns or fiery colors or any sort of warning at all? He could cause a forest fire. The growling voice was acting up again. Storm ignored her.

"Oh, yeah, there's something I should tell you…" Storm stopped as her thoughts were drowned out by the voices. I agree with telling someone, but they'll think you're like Prex! It's your secret. Do you just tell everyone your secrets? They'll make the connection. Unfortunately, they aren't of low intelligence. The only place you get by telling people that you hear voices is in the insane-person's jail! Don't tell them. They know Darx is on the loose and that Rayna is ultra-corruptible. Storm gritted her teeth through the mental attack. "…I'm hearing voices in my head and right now they're telling me not to let you know."
---
#297 Posted: 20:52:12 22/01/2016
Wait, what?

I got a bit of a shock when I looked down and discovered that my paws had burst into flame! I frantically stomped them on the ground to try and extinguish them, but I slowly realized: I was on fire, but I wasn't burning. How did that happen? I stared at my blazing paws, puzzled; the flames flickered a glowed, but there wasn't a single scorch mark on my fur to be seen. I heard Austin describe it to a panicked Strider, and I nodded at his conclusion. This had to be one of Foxtail's bio-powers! This will definitely make things easier. "Yeah," I agreed, closing my paw and extinguishing the flames with a hiss. "And it's not just fire he can use either. There are five main elemental powers that Foxtail has in his arsenal: fire, air, water, earth... and life. It looks like I just 'unlocked' fire. Why it decided to wait until now to start working, I have no idea."
---
#298 Posted: 21:13:19 22/01/2016
And it seemed as if the dam had broken. EyeBrawler was injured, and so was Greeny. Skyhunter was on fire, and I still wasn't sure whether it was from Shade or if it was Skyhunter's OC's powers. Finally, Storm had a cast of voices in her head, like Prex. Who to deal with first?
Thankfully, one of the problems resolved itself when Skyhunter discovered that the fire had been his own doing, a power "unlocked" by his OC. Shade also seemed to be trying to treat EyeBrawler's injury, so that was another thing. I watched Greeny painfully lean against a tree sympathetically. In her battle-rage she must not have noticed she was hurt. I was glad she hadn't gone on to fight Prex because if worse came to worst, we could've wound up with two injured users.
One thing at a time. "If you're not up to moving, perhaps some of us could help you until we reach a shelter," I suggested. I remembered derpy and Prex helping my character around in Avatar Mishap when she'd broken her legs. Later, redwes' character had served as an efficient ferry.
I let that sink in while I turned to Storm next. Considering what we'd just experienced, that was terrifying, to think that the seeds of possession had been sowed in the brain of my friend. Her voices also seemed sentient, like Prex's had. I took a deep breath and tried to channel some calm I did not feel into my voice. "Aright. Voices. So... what else are they saying to you?" What I was hoping of inferring was, are they against us or not?
---
#299 Posted: 21:31:56 22/01/2016
"Well, if you can somehow unlock the other powers, we'd have enough to survive pretty effortlessly. But you only have fire right now." I replied. In a small fit of pain I clenched my stomach, secretly hoping no one noticed. I could handle this myself... hopefully...
"Ugh. At least we have that to start a fire, and the trees should provide some cover."
#300 Posted: 22:33:50 22/01/2016
"So, basically, there's a voice that wants to protect you, a voice that doesn't care about anyone's survival, a voice that only cares about my survival, a voice that just wants to fight anything, and a voice that points out everything that I'm doing wrong as a dragon." Storm replied. "And they mentioned stuff that I didn't know about, stuff like Powerclaws and being unlocked and Rayna being easily corruptible."

And Lightning Orbs. one of the voices added. She'll know what that means.

"And apparently something about you knowing the significance of Lightning Orbs. From the one that wants to protect you. I'm counting on anyone to tell me something, anything, about what's going on. Why don't they explain it?"

It's fun to watch you struggle. was the thought reply.
---
First | Previous | Page 6 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me