Page 1 of 1
Black Friday: "Cheap" Skylanders
Echo2VX Gold Sparx Gems: 2918
#1 Posted: 01:28:58 28/11/2015 | Topic Creator
I have never run into problems with faulty Skylanders right out of the package before now.
While the deals were great, I was disappointed to find that the paint brush on my Splat figure was already ripping. My Lava Lance Eruptor had simply fallen off his base. Mad dashing around stores, I eventually grabbed every figure available, that I didn't already have, while at the same time getting old reposes that I never had cared for, for about $2 each.

What were your Black Friday experiences like?
---
Together, we can stop sheep abuse!
Top 10: smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie
willster8 Gold Sparx Gems: 2383
#2 Posted: 01:34:05 28/11/2015
I went to Gamestop for their B2G3 free on used figures. I got Ghost Roaster and Darklight Crypt for $13, Scorp for $7, and Dune Bug, S2 Zap, and Punch Pop Fizz for free. I'd say it went quite well considering the Ghost Roaster I got. I really didn't want the EE or to have to pay so much online.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#3 Posted: 02:07:29 28/11/2015
Quote: willster8
I really didn't want the EE or to have to pay so much online.

Patience is a virtue...the first round of Eon's Elite is down to $9.99 on GameStop.com and I have a feeling they'll drop even further. I expect the same to happen with this year's Eon's Elite line. There's very little market for overpriced super figures with a fresh coat of paint. A majority of the market (~98%) will spring for an occasional core Skylanders figure for the sweet spot price of $9.99, but Activision's greedy move to raise the MSRP of the cheapest figure above $10 seems to have really backfired with sluggish sales. As fans, we tend to overlook such things, but cost conscious parents and kids with limited allowance have taken notice and moved on from the cash pit with rising prices.
willster8 Gold Sparx Gems: 2383
#4 Posted: 02:14:57 28/11/2015
Quote: mastermc54

Patience is a virtue...the first round of Eon's Elite is down to $9.99 on GameStop.com and I have a feeling they'll drop even further. I expect the same to happen with this year's Eon's Elite line. There's very little market for overpriced super figures with a fresh coat of paint. A majority of the market (~98%) will spring for an occasional core Skylanders figure for the sweet spot price of $9.99, but Activision's greedy move to raise the MSRP of the cheapest figure above $10 seems to have really backfired with sluggish sales. As fans, we tend to overlook such things, but cost conscious parents and kids with limited allowance have taken notice and moved on from the cash pit with rising prices.

Indeed, I got an EE Stealth Elf today as well for only $9.99. I was simply referring to the fact that I would have preferred to get the original figure, which I did.
DredyekSlayer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1423
#5 Posted: 02:32:13 28/11/2015
wish AU had these sales ;n;
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#6 Posted: 02:53:19 28/11/2015
Quote: mastermc54

I guess never say never, but I have serious doubts they'll sell them (much) cheaper.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#7 Posted: 03:24:55 28/11/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons

I guess never say never, but I have serious doubts they'll sell them (much) cheaper.

If even one of the first Eon's Elite line was sold out, I'd have my doubts, but all are still available and collecting dust now that super fans and the collector market have theirs. Seriously, there's nobody really looking for them these days...there'll be a B2G1 free or BOGO sale eventually. Remember when there was a panic when it was announced they'd be limited and people were worried they'd be hard to come by? You'd think that Elite Spyro would be sold out by now considering he was the first one released and being grabbed up by collectors and optimistic scalpers early on. Even I grabbed Elite Spyro earlier this year during that first BOGO sale Gamestop.com held on these under the false speculation that his supply would dry up. The dead stock needs to move even if stores need to sell them at a loss.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#8 Posted: 05:17:11 28/11/2015
I think there was a strong demand during Trap Team, but product availability due to "the port strike" or whatever made some of the product erratic (or in other cases unavailable due to the idiot move of overpacking water traps) has probably helped kill demand. People are finally saying "enough" and voting with their wallets. I thought I'd never see $1 skylanders, but 3 years later and the dreaded Lightcore Hex overpopulation problem is still upon us. I do think whatever they do to move them will occur sometime in the SC lifecycle.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:18:14 28/11/2015 by TakeYourLemons
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#9 Posted: 19:20:10 28/11/2015
Yeah.

I got Lava Lance Eruptor yesterday, and he had a lack of detail on his back spikes/mouth..

don't even get me started on Bowser..
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me