Page 1 of 1
SSC Magic Bases
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#1 Posted: 20:07:42 25/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Rant:::

Okay, so the SuperChargers all stand on top of the ridiculous engine block, and they all have some Elemental effect surrounding that engine block, whether it be flames, water, etc…except Magic, for the Magic Element, it seems like Activision ran out of ideas and just plopped the engine block down on a classic Magic Base; IMO, it looks horrible and not complete. Acti added spiky bits of Magic base coming apart, but that doesn’t jive with the rest of the look of the other Elemental bases. And then there’s the bottom of the base, when you flip over the SuperCharger; look at it, it’s just all black, and looks uncompleted, the other Elemental bottoms match the color that they are, for example, Air element, the white clouds, the base is white. Now I realize the Magic base is black and gold, but the bottom is all black, straight dull black, no gold flecks or anything.

Who else feels that the Magic Bases look off?

Is this how Activision came up with the idea?

Activision Company: “Let’s put engine blocks underneath all SuperChargers and get rid of the traditional bases, put a cloud or smoke or water or something relevant to the different elements.”

Activision Employee: “What about Magic? What base effect could we have for those?”

Activision Company: “We forgot about the Magic element, just put them on that traditional Magic base and make the ends a bit spikey.”
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#2 Posted: 20:17:58 25/11/2015
They felt off since they were revealed. The bases all look cheap,but that one is really lazy and feels like a waste of time to have the engines to begin with.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#3 Posted: 20:53:35 25/11/2015
I just hate the new engine bases because the figures can't stand well compared to older figures. Even the Trap Masters stood better with their giant heavy weapons no less.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#4 Posted: 20:56:01 25/11/2015
The giant weapons are actually a better counterweight than the engines - Krypt King falls a lot more on his back than front for me because the sword keeps him in place even in uneven surfaces.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#5 Posted: 22:32:08 25/11/2015
Don't get me even started on Enigma, his (for once) useful straight, boring & uncreative Magic base keeps him from falling into literally every Skylander that should have their own bodyguards! (I'm talking Bat Spin, Déjà Vu and all those other figures which seem to be made out of glass)
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#6 Posted: 23:54:32 25/11/2015
Magic bases are what made me think "so you knew classic pedestals were the way to go but couldn't say no to engines... Shame on you".

Changes are welcomed even on figures (Tread Head is the first non-gimmick Skylander to not have a round base and that was indeed not a problem) but basic designs need to stay the same for a matter of series identity and recognizability.

Only three or four out of the ten Elemental bases share their designs with the classic versions.
And the fact is the new ones are not even better by any means: Undead bases don't glow in the dark, Earth ones lost crystals, Dark is almost nonexistent, Light looks like Astroblast's head and back crystal (another reason why his head should have been yellow-ish like his CGI model), Life lost shadings, you can barely see Air's clouds when looking at the front of a figure and Fire lost the painted details.
Other perfect examples of paying more to get less! smilie

I'm quite sure this is purely a V.V. thing and you can definitely see it from their concept arts but it's still something annoying for the series as a whole.
I don't like looking at my Light figures and noticing one of them has a base which has nothing to do with the others...

More on-topic: my Splat's base is unpainted on the front and rather unstable.
All my SuperChargers seem to have that problem, more or less.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 08:58:36 26/11/2015 by Drek95
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#7 Posted: 08:47:26 26/11/2015
I thought the pics of the magic figures were fake due to the ridiculous look of the magic bases
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
#8 Posted: 08:57:20 26/11/2015
I would have bet they were made out of purple mist.
Sometimes reality beats imagination...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#9 Posted: 14:30:51 26/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Purple Mist would have been a LOT better IMO Drek95.
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#10 Posted: 14:37:34 26/11/2015
First the cards, and now the Magic bases... What're we gonna complain about next, Spyro's horns being two centimeters off?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#11 Posted: 20:01:59 26/11/2015
Well... I think I, as a customer, can complain if they are making me pay more for less or at least for less quality.
They might think it's ok to keep cutting corners if we accept these choices without saying anything.

Yeah, purple mist would have also made much more sense as an exhaust for Magic engines than... Whatever Magic bases are made of. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 20:12:20 26/11/2015 by Drek95
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#12 Posted: 22:24:51 26/11/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03
First the cards, and now the Magic bases... What're we gonna complain about next, Spyro's horns being two centimeters off?

The cards are certainly justified to complain about, and Drek gives a good point about the bases.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#13 Posted: 01:02:15 27/11/2015
Quote: Badwolfmichael

The cards are certainly justified to complain about, and Drek gives a good point about the bases.

I know Superchargers isn't a perfect game, but out of everything to complain about, why not something that actually effects the game?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:02:51 27/11/2015 by AdamGregory03
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#14 Posted: 01:16:58 27/11/2015
Quote: Badwolfmichael

I know Superchargers isn't a perfect game, but out of everything to complain about, why not something that actually effects the game?

The toys do affect the game. Besides, it's not like people haven't already complained about things that do affect the game directly, everything is open to criticism and scrutiny. I don't particular dislike the engine bases, but I don't like them either. I admit, all my ideas for an alternate magic base aren't as good as the original magic base that they kept.
#15 Posted: 01:26:39 27/11/2015
Because Skylanders isn't only about a game.
Skylanders is an experience where collectibles are as important as the actual games.

SuperChargers is overall probably the best Skylanders game.
But is the worst in terms of toys, both under a content and marketing point of view.
I think quality also decreased a bit.

V.V. has yet to create a full good Skylanders experience in my opinion.

So yeah, I liked collecting and organizing cards and now I simply can't.
4 years of cards and now all we have are small stickers.
It's fine if your are ok with that.
I'm not.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:27:51 27/11/2015 by Drek95
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me