Forum

Poll

Favourite CTR:NF Spyro skin?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Idle Chatter > Stupid stuff that bothers you?
First | Previous | Page 16 of 17 | Last
1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Stupid stuff that bothers you?
ThunderEgg Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#751 Posted: 17:44:06 04/02/2019
peppa pig bothers me immensely
---
I AM ETERNAL!
whirlwind fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4763
#752 Posted: 19:48:36 04/02/2019
Quote: Bolt
This is probably really petty, but I don't like going through people's art portfolios and coming across them calling themselves "queer, lgbt, gay, etc." in their about/contact page. Like, this is supposed to be your professional portfolio for finding work, do your employers need to know your sexual orientation? To me it's like they've based their whole identity around being gay and want attention because of it.
Like, come on, I'm bi (or just gay, idk, still figuring it out) but I don't need to put it on my portfolio. I get it if it's your personal blog or something, but your professional portfolio? Really?

it reminds me of when teens used to put their sexual orientation in their instagram bio to be uNiQuE
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3384
#753 Posted: 01:51:02 10/02/2019
people that collect things with the only intent of reselling it later for profit rather than collecting it because its something they enjoy

like.. i kinda get it but it also makes me unreasonably bitter
Vespi Yellow Sparx Gems: 1835
#754 Posted: 05:42:55 10/02/2019
Quote: HotDogAndZap
people that collect things with the only intent of reselling it later for profit rather than collecting it because its something they enjoy

what if they collect it because they enjoy it but also plan on reselling it later?
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10590
#755 Posted: 08:07:06 10/02/2019

It ticks me off when people buy two of every amiibo (or any collectible figure for that matter); one to keep in its packet and the other to take out and use. I find it greedy and it’s not fair on those who are looking for that particular figure.
---
#SobbleSquad
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx [online] Gems: 6431
#756 Posted: 08:11:27 10/02/2019
Quote: alicecarp
It ticks me off when people buy two of every amiibo (or any collectible figure for that matter); one to keep in its packet and the other to take out and use. I find it greedy and it’s not fair on those who are looking for that particular figure.

Personally I don't see why or how that's a bad thing, nor does it bother me nearly as much as the people who buy things like that in bulk purely for the purpose of selling them at a higher price than MSRP.

At least in the case of what you're talking about they aren't in it for the money (At least primarily), which I find to be way more greedy than having two of something one enjoys. :/
---
A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:13:10 10/02/2019 by Sesshomaru75
Bolt Hunter Gems: 5927
#757 Posted: 19:44:05 10/02/2019

i don't collect things like action figures and such, but ive wanted to buy these old ceramics of the 70's watership down bunnies ... so i completely feel your pain.
i personally feel like it's very greedy and it's stopping people who actually want these things from buying them. they hold onto the items for awhile and then resell them at a much higher price. y.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#758 Posted: 01:47:18 11/02/2019

Gonna add my own opinions about this topic. You're totally legit in the way you see it, though!

The way I see it is people collect things so often these days as a side-effect of capitalism. If a retailer sells something in a set or as a special collectible, people are more likely to buy it. People are encouraged to buy more than just the essentials. I think as selling is also an essential part of capitalism, it's fine to sell collected things. Cynical, yes. Manipulative, yes. But that is the current way the majority of society functions.
---
I AM ETERNAL!
WAMBurt1984 Blue Sparx Gems: 816
#759 Posted: 01:32:53 16/02/2019
When Manchester United lost in competition

When Englland knockout of World Cup

My parents aruing and dad moans
---
Big Spyro & Sparx fan
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3384
#760 Posted: 05:23:14 16/02/2019
Quote: Vespi

what if they collect it because they enjoy it but also plan on reselling it later?

thats fine like. my opinion is as long as youre getting some enjoyment from owning the thing its okay

Quote: ThunderEgg

Gonna add my own opinions about this topic. You're totally legit in the way you see it, though!

The way I see it is people collect things so often these days as a side-effect of capitalism. If a retailer sells something in a set or as a special collectible, people are more likely to buy it. People are encouraged to buy more than just the essentials. I think as selling is also an essential part of capitalism, it's fine to sell collected things. Cynical, yes. Manipulative, yes. But that is the current way the majority of society functions.

yeah thats fair and how most of that stuff gets to be collectible i just think it sucks yknow. feels greedy to hoard something in the hopes of turning a profit instead of actually finding happiness from it.

i get REALLY smug when people hoard stuff expecting for it to get crazy valuable and it ends up being worthless (beanie babies)
#761 Posted: 23:23:12 21/02/2019
The Future and when time I be living on my own.
---
Big Spyro & Sparx fan
emeraldzoroark Emerald Sparx [online] Gems: 3172
#762 Posted: 23:53:09 21/02/2019
When someone avoids talking actual criticisms in video games by saying “git gud”
---
This avatar will be a reminder of my ultimate goal.
Even if I can’t bring it to Gen 8.
#763 Posted: 02:48:19 22/02/2019
That change can be soooo slow.
---
I AM ETERNAL!
BroGuy Blue Sparx Gems: 838
#764 Posted: 16:04:29 23/02/2019
PS4 themes that cease to exist the moment a game launches
---
NoUb
#765 Posted: 18:54:29 23/02/2019
Quote: BroGuy
PS4 themes that cease to exist the moment a game launches

SAME.
---
emeraldzoroark Emerald Sparx [online] Gems: 3172
#766 Posted: 00:24:26 24/02/2019
Saying people are too sensitive is not a legitimate way to justify insulting people.
---
This avatar will be a reminder of my ultimate goal.
Even if I can’t bring it to Gen 8.
#767 Posted: 05:52:03 03/03/2019
Also some stuffs in anime/cartoon and fictional characters I dislike
---
Big Spyro & Sparx fan
#768 Posted: 08:56:05 17/03/2019
The English dubbed Pokemon movies not getting official soundtrack albums/singles apart from the first 3, the XY movies and I Choose You. I like a lot of the songs from the Advanced and DP movies and I'm disappointed that they never got released on albums or singles.
---
#SobbleSquad
#769 Posted: 02:55:27 21/03/2019
When people make big walls of text with absolutely no structure or sense to them at all, yet expect people to take them and their (Often terrible) opinions seriously. : )
---
#770 Posted: 23:32:28 22/03/2019
Quote: Sesshomaru75
When people make big walls of text with absolutely no structure or sense to them at all, yet expect people to take them and their (Often terrible) opinions seriously. : )

yeahhhh this
did they never learn to write a simple essay in 7th grade?
---
I draw stuff.
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 5622
#771 Posted: 20:51:24 23/05/2019
The lack of activity in this fandom
---
Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope but sometime fear cloud our visions, sometime our strength give out....
#772 Posted: 20:55:09 23/05/2019
Sick burn, there Fyra.
---
I AM ETERNAL!
#773 Posted: 21:08:22 23/05/2019
This is more a sad realization of mine struggling to write my own fic and seeking fanfics to read to help me get inspiration,...I do not mean the fandom is stupid...just well dead.
---
Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope but sometime fear cloud our visions, sometime our strength give out....
#774 Posted: 21:14:17 23/05/2019
Quote: fyra
This is more a sad realization of mine struggling to write my own fic and seeking fanfics to read to help me get inspiration,...I do not mean the fandom is stupid...just well dead.

The Spyro fandom is more alive than it's been in a long time, what are you on about?

DarkSpyro being slow isn't an indication of the entire fandom being slow, as it's more of an indication of dedicated forums falling out of popularity in favor of social media platforms and websites like Reddit.

Please stop reaching, ffs.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:16:15 23/05/2019 by Sesshomaru75
#775 Posted: 06:06:12 15/06/2019
People editing game art/designs to their standards and claiming that they “fixed” them. Way to insult and disrespect the devs/artists that work hard on these games.
---
#SobbleSquad
#776 Posted: 07:31:13 15/06/2019
People editing game art/designs to their standards and claiming that they “fixed” them. Way to insult and disrespect the devs/artists that work hard on these games.

Yeah. Redesigns are fun and cool, but please don't claim you "fixed" the original designs. ffs
---
I draw stuff.
Project_Unnamed Platinum Sparx Gems: 7384
#777 Posted: 14:16:58 19/06/2019
Dear television channels all around the world.

When ordering and purchasing documentaries or tv shows about history, remember that there is lot more to human history than WW2.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10227
#778 Posted: 00:06:27 16/09/2019
that subsect of waifu**gs that complain when there's no hot girls in a series or when a female character isn't hot (enough)
#779 Posted: 14:47:30 17/09/2019
Quote: Carmelita Fox
that subsect of waifu**gs that complain when there's no hot girls in a series or when a female character isn't hot (enough)

oh oof yeah
it bugs me when people behave that way too
---
I AM ETERNAL!
#780 Posted: 23:05:24 16/11/2019
Kid focused hyper easy spinoffs of franchises full of cool monsters like FF or Monster Hunter where you can use those monsters yourself instead of just killing them, by concept it sound awesome as taming is way more fun than killing but it seem for some obscure reason, unless it’s SMT, it’s only for kids.

WHY?

Why do everyone seem to think monster collecting is only for kids?
---
Trix Master 100 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6401
#781 Posted: 23:15:34 16/11/2019
Kid focused hyper easy spinoffs of franchises full of cool monsters like FF or Monster Hunter where you can use those monsters yourself instead of just killing them, by concept it sound awesome as taming is way more fun than killing but it seem for some obscure reason, unless it’s SMT, it’s only for kids.

WHY?

Excuse me what? Unless you're referring to Monster Hunter Stories (which is a tame monsters and battle with them deal) you're not correct. Monster Hunter as series has been for Teens not young kids. Thine heck? (using a recent example, but I think others can also back that up as well)
[User Posted Image]
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
trix is a
icon from Empoh
BlueFox Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#782 Posted: 23:25:52 16/11/2019
Quote: Trix Master 100

WHY?

Excuse me what? Unless you're referring to Monster Hunter Stories (which is a tame monsters and battle with them deal) you're not correct. Monster Hunter as series has been for Teens not young kids. Thine heck? (using a recent example, but I think others can also back that up as well)

I think they're unsatisfied that there's not many places where you can give a wyvern belly rubs. MHStories is targeted towards a younger audience, which might be off-putting for some. Game companies seem to be more into slaying monsters rather than cuddling them, and fyra's not into that ideology. At least that's what I'm reading it as.

Basically Dodogama is babby but you must obliterate that babby. And that hurts. :(
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:29:33 16/11/2019 by BlueFox
#783 Posted: 00:01:16 17/11/2019
Exactly, I’m tired that except SMT, there are no options for the older crowd for monster taming, Digimon seemed promising though so I might get Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition. Relax Trix, I’m fully aware Monster Hunter is T rated...I just want to tame them too.
---
Trix Master 100 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6401
#784 Posted: 00:41:58 17/11/2019
Quote: BlueFox

I think they're unsatisfied that there's not many places where you can give a wyvern belly rubs. MHStories is targeted towards a younger audience, which might be off-putting for some. Game companies seem to be more into slaying monsters rather than cuddling them, and fyra's not into that ideology. At least that's what I'm reading it as.

Basically Dodogama is babby but you must obliterate that babby. And that hurts. :(

Exactly, I’m tired that except SMT, there are no options for the older crowd for monster taming, Digimon seemed promising though so I might get Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition. Relax Trix, I’m fully aware Monster Hunter is T rated...I just want to tame them too.

Oooooh! I'm a big dingus, my bad. That is understandable. I suggest Digimon. But if you really really love dinosaurs and other random creatures there's ARK, but I would get that on a steam sale because it's a bit buggy and pricey on top of that.

There needs to be more games where we pat the bois.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
trix is a
icon from Empoh
#785 Posted: 09:15:56 17/11/2019
I agree with fyra. I'm not a fan of games where you just go around killing monsters unprovoked (especially dragons). I know this sounds weird, but I can't stand to see dragons portrayed as antagonists who get killed, unless there are ally dragons in the game too.
---
#SobbleSquad
#786 Posted: 20:52:02 17/11/2019
I agree with fyra. I'm not a fan of games where you just go around killing monsters unprovoked (especially dragons). I know this sounds weird, but I can't stand to see dragons portrayed as antagonists who get killed, unless there are ally dragons in the game too.

Yes, you put it into much better words (sorry fyra i love you but it's hard to understand you sometimes lmao). This is a huge ass peeve for me too.
---
I draw stuff.
#787 Posted: 00:16:56 18/11/2019
capitalism
---
I AM ETERNAL!
#788 Posted: 20:38:32 22/11/2019
The fact that some items of clothing in the Pokemon games are limited to one gender. I was disappointed when I find out that only boys get the Pangoro hat in XY while girls get a Slurpuff dress instead. I was hoping to get some plaid trousers for my character in Shield because I like wearing them in real life, but then I found girls get pleated skirts instead. Why can't it be like Animal Crossing where you can wear whatever you want?
---
#SobbleSquad
Drawdler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#789 Posted: 04:42:50 23/11/2019 | Topic Creator
it may be egotistical but i'm going to echo a very old thought about "unpopular opinions" being stickied and not this thread. hell, you could sticky the "last x you watched" and even "anime" threads.
i'm actually very surprised that my little thread here has survived.

moreso the old and closed stickies in video gaming forum should not stay stickied. the archived information in them isn't for any helpful subject.

it bothers me immensely that back in the day, mods deleted the EWK trap team thread that would now serve as proof for development tidbits and historic discussion, and that had tons and tons of disorganised information available. there was never a reason to delete rather than simply archive it and i know that some information has that thread as its original source, i.e. proof of some information is just lost for no good reason. there was a period of time where mods in that section simply made some confusing decisions and it still bothers me to an unreasonable degree. but again, legitimate information is lost just because of this.
#790 Posted: 16:25:13 23/11/2019
capitalsim
---
I AM ETERNAL!
BlueFox Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#791 Posted: 02:51:14 28/11/2019
[User Posted Image]

baby. baby boy.

[User Posted Image]

evil

i’ve had enough of this dude. mr. traditional red western dragon. you make me sick, infiltrating fantasy media, turning good men cruel and creature designs generic. thank you monster hunter concept artists, for avoiding the siren songs of milquetoast mcgee.

will admit that disney’s reasoning for new elliot is trash tho
#792 Posted: 17:51:45 02/12/2019 | Topic Creator
when you have some thing with the foil wrap you're supposed to tear away and it has a tab to pull from and you only manage to tear off the tab. or you tear off most of it and really have to scrape away the rest. DISSATISFYING
Vespi Yellow Sparx Gems: 1835
#793 Posted: 22:02:11 02/12/2019
When I open a Reese's cup and some of the chocolate sticks to the stupid brown paper
#794 Posted: 04:13:24 03/12/2019
when i open a tuna packet but theres always some stuck in the bottom where i cant get it
---
I AM ETERNAL!
#795 Posted: 03:40:35 15/12/2019 | Topic Creator
How do you pronounce "Sean Bean"
#796 Posted: 08:35:38 15/12/2019
Quote: Drawdler
How do you pronounce "Sean Bean"

"seen been", obviously!!
---
I draw stuff.
First | Previous | Page 16 of 17 | Last
1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me