First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Zelda Skymiibo in Sky6? [CLOSED]
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#51 Posted: 07:23:14 24/11/2015
I guess one could say there is no human in the Skylands for the simple fact all the really human-like humanoids still have 4 fingers in each hand (and 4 toes as well) but then humans are often depicted like that in a lot of media.

But we absolutely have very human-like designs (even Knight Light counts) and while I wouldn't be that interested to see a Link Skymiibo I don't think it would look odd among the Skylanders.

Though I do expect TfB to look for more unique characters rather than simple humanoids if they'll have to continue this concept.
I need more quadrupeds and other wacky creatures after SuperChargers.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:24:05 24/11/2015 by Drek95
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#52 Posted: 09:12:12 24/11/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03
Quote: willster8
Quote: Badwolfmichael
I fear if there is more Skymiibos next year and it's more successful, Nintendo/Skylanders will get even more involved/crossovers, which is something I don't look forward to.

Spyro in Smash. I'd actually be okay with this.

Well, if Cloud got in, Spyro wouldn't be too far-fetched.

Spyro would be awesome...though personally, I voted for Stealth Elf in the ballot
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#53 Posted: 13:46:42 24/11/2015
Fair enough on the humanoids...I just like the more cartoony look and exaggerations, as someone (was it UncleBob maybe?) mentioned, I'm picturing Link being too realistic.

I swore Mewto was 101, maybe I'm off by 50? Yellow was the only one I played all the way through. (Just did a Google search). My memory is wrong - 150 it was. My over arching point still stands though, didn't someone just say there are like 700 pokemon now hahaha. I watched Black & White on Netflix with my son (bond however we can), and outside of Pikachu and the Nurse, everything was ... "who?" It wasn't bad, it was still Pokemon, but I can't play catch-up on all that (nor am interested)...too many. They need to just do reposes for a while haha.

It sucks about the rights being convoluted. For Pokemon & Kirby. Both just "make sense" for a cross-over, Kirby as a Stand alone with possibly Metaknight - heck all their moves already exist, and I already aired out Pokemon.

Sonic I don't "personally" feel has the right look, his playstyle would also get boring (but speed runs would be awesome).

Marinating on it, if Pokemon and Kirby aren't on the table, the options feel pretty limited, Nintendo is like DC Comics, they have the most iconic of all comic characters, but they only have a handful of characters the non-faithful care about. Metroid and Megaman powers would be cool, but MEgaman is Capcom, and Samus wouldn't look right at ALL. Yoshi would be Slobbertooth, not a real good look. Toad?
- Unreall
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#54 Posted: 14:38:07 24/11/2015
If I were in charge (and Activision, you can take this one as a freebie).

Spyro in Smash as DLC.

Nintendo makes a Spyro Smash Bros. amiibo that's a crossover like the Donkey Kong/Bowser figures. Has a Smash Bros. base, comes in Smash Bros. packaging and is in-line (size-wise) with the rest of the Smash Bros. line. He will not be a "SuperCharger" - not in racing gear or anything crazy.

In an un-patched game, the Skylanders chip in the figure will treat him like a Series 1/Series 1 Special Spyro (since, I presume, this wasn't planned during development).
In a patched game, he'll get *maybe* a special loading screen, and his title will be "Super Smash Spyro". In a patched Wii U game, he'll unlock the "M Cap" - Mario's trademark Red Cap. He won't have any extra attacks beyond what Series 1 Spyro had, but, who cares? Anyone buying this figure probably won't give a crap. :D

And that solves the "No Spyro for SuperChargers" problem *and* gets some XBox/PlayStation owners to buy an amiibo. ;)

(And if you really want to get crazy with it, release a comic that has Crazy Hand coming into Skylanders to pluck out Spyro for the Smash Arena... after which, Spyro recruits Donkey Kong and Bowser to come back and help fight against Kaos... bamn - there's your 'Skymiibo' lore.)
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#55 Posted: 14:41:10 24/11/2015
So... We'd call him a Skymiibo or an Amiibolander, if it's the other way around?
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:41:30 24/11/2015 by Bifrost
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#56 Posted: 15:04:46 24/11/2015
Quote: Bifrost
So... We'd call him a Skymiibo or an Amiibolander, if it's the other way around?

Maybe an Amiibolander, since it's primary a Amiibo.
---
Bruh
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#57 Posted: 16:52:17 24/11/2015
If it happend again, my money would be on Pit from Kid Icarus.

I could see him with some sort of boat and he'd make a great addition to either Air or Light.
---
^ You all know it's true
#58 Posted: 17:09:25 24/11/2015
Quote: Unreallystic
Fair enough on the humanoids...I just like the more cartoony look and exaggerations, as someone (was it UncleBob maybe?) mentioned, I'm picturing Link being too realistic.

I swore Mewto was 101, maybe I'm off by 50? Yellow was the only one I played all the way through. (Just did a Google search). My memory is wrong - 150 it was. My over arching point still stands though, didn't someone just say there are like 700 pokemon now hahaha. I watched Black & White on Netflix with my son (bond however we can), and outside of Pikachu and the Nurse, everything was ... "who?" It wasn't bad, it was still Pokemon, but I can't play catch-up on all that (nor am interested)...too many. They need to just do reposes for a while haha.

It sucks about the rights being convoluted. For Pokemon & Kirby. Both just "make sense" for a cross-over, Kirby as a Stand alone with possibly Metaknight - heck all their moves already exist, and I already aired out Pokemon.

Sonic I don't "personally" feel has the right look, his playstyle would also get boring (but speed runs would be awesome).

Marinating on it, if Pokemon and Kirby aren't on the table, the options feel pretty limited, Nintendo is like DC Comics, they have the most iconic of all comic characters, but they only have a handful of characters the non-faithful care about. Metroid and Megaman powers would be cool, but MEgaman is Capcom, and Samus wouldn't look right at ALL. Yoshi would be Slobbertooth, not a real good look. Toad?
- Unreall

721 Pokemon now to be precise...though the bs methods of getting the "mythical" Pokemon make catching them all a pain smilie ( mythical Pokemon are the special ones like Mew, Celebi, etc )

and Meta Knight would make an epic Skylander, if Nintendo & Hal could get behind the idea
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#59 Posted: 18:33:24 24/11/2015
I want WWE figures in the next skylanders game. If we're going to get nuts, let's get nuts.

Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#60 Posted: 21:01:19 24/11/2015
Quote: UncleBob

Spyro in Smash as DLC.

Nintendo makes a Spyro Smash Bros. amiibo that's a crossover like the Donkey Kong/Bowser figures. Has a Smash Bros. base, comes in Smash Bros. packaging and is in-line (size-wise) with the rest of the Smash Bros. line. He will not be a "SuperCharger" - not in racing gear or anything crazy.

In an un-patched game, the Skylanders chip in the figure will treat him like a Series 1/Series 1 Special Spyro (since, I presume, this wasn't planned during development).
In a patched game, he'll get *maybe* a special loading screen, and his title will be "Super Smash Spyro". In a patched Wii U game, he'll unlock the "M Cap" - Mario's trademark Red Cap. He won't have any extra attacks beyond what Series 1 Spyro had, but, who cares? Anyone buying this figure probably won't give a crap. smilie

And that solves the "No Spyro for SuperChargers" problem *and* gets some XBox/PlayStation owners to buy an amiibo. smilie

(And if you really want to get crazy with it, release a comic that has Crazy Hand coming into Skylanders to pluck out Spyro for the Smash Arena... after which, Spyro recruits Donkey Kong and Bowser to come back and help fight against Kaos... bamn - there's your 'Skymiibo' lore.)

The first thing I thought when I saw Cloud was "Is he going to get an Amiibo now?" I know Ryu/Ken has one coming apparently...so the door is open for that. Because of that, I think your idea really could work, it would literally be a Skymiibo in reverse, plain jane Skylander, new Amiibo.
- Unreall
#61 Posted: 04:56:17 25/11/2015
Quote: Unreallystic
Quote: UncleBob

Spyro in Smash as DLC.

In a patched game, he'll get *maybe* a special loading screen, and his title will be "Super Smash Spyro". In a patched Wii U game, he'll unlock the "M Cap" - Mario's trademark Red Cap. He won't have any extra attacks beyond what Series 1 Spyro had, but, who cares? Anyone buying this figure probably won't give a crap. smilie

And that solves the "No Spyro for SuperChargers" problem *and* gets some XBox/PlayStation owners to buy an amiibo. smilie

The first thing I thought when I saw Cloud was "Is he going to get an Amiibo now?" I know Ryu/Ken has one coming apparently...so the door is open for that. Because of that, I think your idea really could work, it would literally be a Skymiibo in reverse, plain jane Skylander, new Amiibo.
- Unreall

since they flat out said EVERYONE on the Smash roster will have an amiibo, obviously Cloud will. Mewtwo is already out, Lucas comes in January and Ryu & Roy have been shown ( no release window yet though ), so Cloud and whoever else they're adding to finish the DLC will have amiibo figures.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#62 Posted: 05:59:47 25/11/2015
Spyro and Stealth Elf would be perfect reps for Skylanders in Super Smash Bros (and Spyro would dual rep his old series), and I love the reverse Skymiibo idea, but I also doubt it will happen due to the fact that Smash Bros seems reluctant to include any non-Japanese franchises. Not even Rayman was included, despite the fact that it got a trophy.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#63 Posted: 08:40:19 25/11/2015
Quote: Muffin Man
Spyro and Stealth Elf would be perfect reps for Skylanders in Super Smash Bros (and Spyro would dual rep his old series), and I love the reverse Skymiibo idea, but I also doubt it will happen due to the fact that Smash Bros seems reluctant to include any non-Japanese franchises. Not even Rayman was included, despite the fact that it got a trophy.

yeah, that bugs the crap out of me too...I want to see StarTropics, Geist and Eternal Darkness in Smash too. But Sakurai would rather be biased towards Japanese games and his own work in particular ( hence the overabundance of Kid Icarus Uprising and pre N64 Kirby content ) to consider characters like a Skylander, or Mike Jones from StarTropics over oddities like Duck Hunt or the non-character ROB ( or Dr Mario....lamest clone in the series, it's just Mario with a different projectile smilie )
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:43:02 26/11/2015 by ChillStealthElf
Pokemon2 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3814
#64 Posted: 10:17:37 26/11/2015
If Link is gonna be in Sky6 He should be in his Toon Link design cause of it being more cartoony.
---
Moved to TimDrake, talk to me there.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#65 Posted: 15:17:17 26/11/2015
I'd be interested to see if the partnership continues next year. I don't think we've really heard anything about sales for the Nintendo system for the special edition starter packs, and plus there was a ton of negativity from the community about exclusives.

I'd say its fairly unlikely we'll get Skymiibos next year.

If we do, I think they did a really great job of bringing non-human characters over like DK and Bowser, and I don't see why other non-humans like Yoshi, would be out of the question. Fox would also be a decent one too.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#66 Posted: 18:59:21 26/11/2015
Yoshi should totally be the next Crossover Skylander.

He just has that lovable and cartoony characteristic about him that just screams "Skylanders," and unlike characters like King K. Rool or Ganondorf, he wouldn't be too scary for little kids. I would want King Dedede, but that probably will never happen due to the fact that he is owned by HAL Laboratory.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#67 Posted: 23:06:43 26/11/2015
Quote: spyroflame0487
I don't think we've really heard anything about sales for the Nintendo system for the special edition starter packs, and plus there was a ton of negativity from the community about exclusives.

The Nintendo versions pretty much always outsell the others, but I don't think there's ever been an official release about which versions sell better.

I think, overall, the majority of folks were either excited or indifferent about Bowser & DK. There was some negativity about it, but I think it was mostly a vocal minority. Remember how many people were freaking out when the Wii Dark Edition wasn't listed anywhere (before we found out it was TRU exclusive)?

I think the sales will be just fine. :D
#68 Posted: 01:18:54 27/11/2015
Here is how I see it, short and sweet:

Skymiibos are Vicarious Vision's thing. Toys For Bob's things are the Minis.
---
#69 Posted: 02:19:55 27/11/2015
So maybe next game we could get Diddy Kong and Bowser Jr. as mini versions of Donkey Kong and Bowser?
---
Boop me if you see this.
#70 Posted: 04:30:19 27/11/2015
So maybe next game we could get Diddy Kong and Bowser Jr. as mini versions of Donkey Kong and Bowser?

Why not Bowser Jr and DK Jr? smilie I love Diddy & all, but either both Juniors or the Baby versions ( from the Yoshi's Island series ) would fit better
#71 Posted: 04:58:54 27/11/2015
DK Jr. would work too, though in a sense Diddy Kong is sort of the modern version of DK Jr. (since he actually started out as DK jr. when he was first designed).

But I don't think Baby DK is self sufficient enough to be a Skylander. He needs to be carried on Yoshi's back, after all.
---
Boop me if you see this.
FireMeowth Emerald Sparx Gems: 3230
#72 Posted: 12:07:31 27/11/2015
Diddy has a more updated design (he even has a Skylanders model), and is more recognizable and popular - plus, like Bowser Jr., he already has an amiibo, which is likely a prerequisite.

That said, I don't know how Diddy would work as a Mini considering DK's Soul Gem move actually summons Diddy... They'd have to completely change it to make it work. So maybe Junior would work better. Or maybe the Mini should be Cranky instead? :P

(I definitely want a Bowser Jr. though!)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:08:19 27/11/2015 by FireMeowth
#73 Posted: 12:17:13 27/11/2015
Quote: FireMeowth
Diddy has a more updated design (he even has a Skylanders model), and is more recognizable and popular - plus, like Bowser Jr., he already has an amiibo, which is likely a prerequisite.

That said, I don't know how Diddy would work as a Mini considering DK's Soul Gem move actually summons Diddy... They'd have to completely change it to make it work. So maybe Junior would work better. Or maybe the Mini should be Cranky instead? smilie

(I definitely want a Bowser Jr. though!)

Stealth Elf's new Soul Gem is to actually summon Whisper Elf, another playable character, so I think Diddy is still possible.
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#74 Posted: 14:15:59 27/11/2015 | Topic Creator
I don't really know if it's right to say Minis are TFB's thing. I mean, since they ditched the idea after Trap Team... But who knows. All I know is if they do come back, they better have more of a purpose than just looking cute.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
GamerZack7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1709
#75 Posted: 21:24:05 27/11/2015
Quote: Chompy-King257
Stealth Elf's new Soul Gem is to actually summon Whisper Elf, another playable character, so I think Diddy is still possible.

Whoa, that must look weird if you and a friend are playing as smilie and smilie , and then smilie summons smilie , meaning there are two smilie , and... smilie

ON-TOPIC: Personally, I think not having Yoshi as a Skybrid in the current installment is something of a wasted opportunity. I'm sure that many Nintendo fans would love to play as Yoshi in SuperChargers, including myself! smilie
---
MY SUPERCHARGER SKYLANDERS
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
#76 Posted: 00:48:20 28/11/2015
Quote: GamerZack7
Quote: Chompy-King257

Whoa, that must look weird if you and a friend are playing as smilie and smilie , and then smilie summons smilie , meaning there are two smilie , and... smilie

ON-TOPIC: Personally, I think not having Yoshi as a Skybrid in the current installment is something of a wasted opportunity. I'm sure that many Nintendo fans would love to play as Yoshi in SuperChargers, including myself! smilie

In my opinion, Yoshi and Diddy are the best options. Bowser Jr. will probably work his way into a game eventually, but I really couldn't think of a good moveset for him that isn't too much like his old man's or Splat's. You know, with his paintbrush and paint attacks in Mario Sunshine?

Yoshi and Diddy are both kid friendly, and have the perfect "Skylanders" look to them. Heck, Diddy is basically confirmed due to the fact he is already IN Skylanders AND has his own Skylander model. Yoshi would be the next best thing. I would say Kirby, King Dedede, or Fox, but here is thing: While Fox would be WAY to similar to Astroblast in my opinion, Kirby and Dedede are owned only partially by Nintendo. That was the confirmed reason why Kirby wasn't in Superchargers.

So, there you have it. I think Berry Bomb Yoshi and Fruit Fighter Diddy Kong would be the best options, both for the Life Element, with Diddy Kong for the Wii U, and Yoshi for the 3DS/Wii.

Other possible candidates could include:

• Gold Rush Wario (Earth)
  • Warrior Ganondorf (Dark or Magic)
  • Hypershock Pikachu (Light or Tech)
  • Master Splatter Bowser Jr. (Magic or Fire)
  • Gold Rush Wario (Earth)
  • King K. Rool (Life or Magic)

I can't come up with a good Skylander-like name for King K. Rool right now, but when I get one, I will edit this.

Good day and keep up the amazing ideas, my fellow Portal Masters! smilie
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:30:44 30/11/2015 by Chompy-King257
Starlight_Shine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1088
#77 Posted: 00:18:43 04/12/2015
In all honesty, I'm okay with the cross overs. But I would rather Skylanders to be its own series, with its own original characters. That's also why I'm not a fan a reposes, I buy reposes of the dragon Skylanders from time to time but other than that, I really don't buy reposes. I rarely even use them. I feel like reposes and guest stars would kind of get in the way of more original ideas. If they had about 1-3 Reposes, I'm okay with that. If they had 1-3 guest stars though, I would feel like they're over doing it... Even now, while I'm used to seeing Bowser and D.K being in Skylands, it just doesn't feel natural. Plus, Bowser and Donkey Kong got to Skylands by the rifts made by the Sky Eater. What kind of explaination would they make for the next game for the new guest stars? Overall though, for the next game I would like them to set aside the guest stars and reposes and would like to see a majority of new characters. I want a full Skylanders game. Not a half Nintendo half Skylander game... That's just me though, sorry for the small rant.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#78 Posted: 21:00:56 05/12/2015
As much as i love the guest stars i hope this was a one time thing.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#79 Posted: 02:45:03 06/12/2015
Quote: Greeble
If it happend again, my money would be on Pit from Kid Icarus.

I could see him with some sort of boat and he'd make a great addition to either Air or Light.

Palutena-Light
Pit-Air
Dark Pit-Dark (duh)
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
CelesteInk Blue Sparx Gems: 595
#80 Posted: 06:36:35 06/12/2015
I hope this isn't the case. The guests just need to stop... especially the exclusive ones. Megaman is my favorite videogame character yet, and I'd be ticked if even he got in. The most we should see with any guest is Crash, and that's only because Crash has been in a Spyro game before.
#81 Posted: 22:50:08 08/12/2015
Toon Link and Linkle for Sky6!
---
#82 Posted: 01:05:56 02/01/2016
Ridley and Toon Link!
---
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#83 Posted: 01:14:12 02/01/2016
Believe it or not, I want more Skymiibos! (at least some I like) I would want Rosalina & Meta-Knight because they're my Smash mains and I could see that happen. Rosalina would continue to appear in everything All Star Nintendo-related and Meta-Knight also fits pretty good and he would be a great Dark character.
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#84 Posted: 01:15:00 02/01/2016
Hopefully they never come back.
---
Hahahahaha
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#85 Posted: 10:12:06 02/01/2016
I would like pit and dark pit to be included. Something tells me there could be a massive crossover in sky 6.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#86 Posted: 23:22:55 02/01/2016
Ridley and Toon Link would be good choices because we would get another dragon (people like dragon Skylanders) and we'll celebrate Zelda's 30th Anniversary!
---
#87 Posted: 05:54:00 03/01/2016
I'm thinking if we get more Skymiibos that they are likely to be characters that already have Amiibos. So, I think Toon Link and Fox McCloud have the best chances overall. They have amiibos, they fit Skylanders' cartoony style, they are fully owned by Nintendo, and they would help promote Wii U's two big games coming out next year.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Trighap52 Blue Sparx Gems: 637
#88 Posted: 16:22:50 03/01/2016
I feel like "too human" stopped really being an issue for Skylanders once we got this guy:

[User Posted Image]

He doesn't even have any nonhuman traits. At least Link has pointy ears (admittedly, we can't see Bushwhack's ears, but that also means they aren't part of his design)

Bushwack has 4 fingers creepy green eyes and his costume hide his body parts !
i think Link will never make it , i mean if VV is developing the next game , and I dont think he'll look good , so NO THANKS ! but toon link could be good but they will need to change him a bit .
---
Oh we can zoom all the way to the moon from this great wide wacky world, Jump with me, grab coins with me, Oh yeah!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:24:13 03/01/2016 by Trighap52
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me